Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 am

Genji was getting closer to Naito, who was already getting closer to the door. If only he would wait for him! It didn't matter, though. Naito would keep going. Even if they are closer than most of the other Users, that wouldn't change who Naito was as a person. He would feel like he would have to take this all in by himself. He felt that this was a burden that he had to bear alone. Genji could honestly say that he could respect that. He was happy that Naito was going at it alone. It showed his inner strength and care towards the people who were thrown in here. He may never actually say that he does. He may word it a different way, but in the end, it was caring.

Naito would tell Genji to go home. While it may have actually been a great deal, Genji didn't want to head back, he had great reasoning, too. Genji didn't want to lose a friend, nor did Genji actually want to lose someone who he could trust in here. Genji didn't know whether he could trust Gabishi or Brian here in Limbo, but there was someone he did. That person was Naito. Genji couldn't just leave. If that Shadow at the end of this dungeon had Garu skills, Naito would be done. He would be gone forever and Genji would have that on his conscious. Genji didn't want to lose his friend. He tried so hard to be friends with him, he can't lose him now. Even if Naito betrays Genji in the end, a friend is a friend. Genji couldn't let him go alone, he would say to Naito why he couldn't leave.

Naito! I can't let you do this alone. Yeah, I could be training the others right now, but I have no idea where Gabishi-san is, nor do I think King-san would want to do it right after he has been awakened. I am here because I worry about you. You are one of my only friends that I care about in this school. I can't have you die here. If that Shadow hits your weakness, you might be a goner. You're the only one I can trust in here. I don't know about the others, but I know that if there is anyone I can put my faith in to solve this mystery, it's you. That's why I'm here. If you're gone, who can I trust to solve this mystery? I can barely even trust myself to do it. I don't care if I was knocked unconscious last time around, I don't blame you. It was my fault, honestly. I still trust all of your combat suggestions, they have a lot of intelligence going into them. Even if I am knocked out again by your quick judgment, I'll follow it again, you've helped me too much to not trust you."

Genji wasn't lying. He couldn't trust a bunch of new Users to solve this mystery, nor could he trust himself. Naito had that calm that was needed. He had the wisdom and intelligence to get the job done. People make mistakes, Naito was no exception. It wasn't Genji's job to see the bad in people, it was to see the good. Genji would probably trust Naito in a battle no matter what happens. He knows that Naito is new to this, but he still has more experience than Genji, so trust is one thing that Genji can say that he honestly has for Naito in battle. He would continue on, hoping to catch up in time to help his friend.

Distance Traveled:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

As the boy's hand touched the Golden Gates, they would slowly open to reveal the end of the long tunnel. Past the Golden Gates would be a single golden chest against the wall. It was obvious that the chest was of important, and most likely held what the Persona-Users were ultimately looking for, but getting to it wouldn't be as easy. As if on cue, a large would fall from the ceiling and land square on its feet. At first glance, the figure appeared to be a giant human, but it was much more than that. Infact, it was a Shadow taking the form of the Protector of the East, Jikokuten. Though it took the form of a demon that's sole purpose was to protect, the dead look in its eyes showed tribute to the analysis that it was simply a Shadow taking the form of something it was not. It raised its blade and took the signature pose of the true Jikokuten, though instead of protecting the entire East region of the world, it was simply there to protect the chest that held the truth. Though the Shadow was imitating, it showed true prowess of power. What seemed like a mixture of vapour and flames permeated from its bronze colored skin, emphasising its initial combat phase. Limbo seemed extremely secure that its guardian could fend of the intrusive Users looking to claim what did not belong to them.

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 P3Jikokuten

-Initiating PvS Combat Phase-

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 Tumblr_lylb73XKhZ1qj08y9o1_500

"It would be so much easier to give into a world of lies . . ." A mysterious voice with no origin could be heard throughout the dungeon. "Is it wrong for humanity to crave a world of their own image. Are they not free to create and destroy? Limbo. . . is the answer to life's greatest flaws. It can create a New World. A new society of your liking under your rule . . . Turn back, and I will reward you with power beyond what you already claim." The eerie voice would echo before vanishing altogether. Whoever spoke had power, and was offering it to those who decided to throw away the foolish wish of learning more of Limbo, and its purpose. Throughout this entire monologue, the Shadow remained in its battle position. If the Persona-Users were to ignore the offer the malevolent entity had generously shared with them, it would be ordered to dispose of them utterly. Being this far into the narrow tunnel, once battle began they would find difficultly in attempting to flee from the encounter. Death was knocking on their door. . .

Shadow Jikokuten Stats:
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:21 am

Genji could see the door in the distance. He also saw the hard headed Naito opening the door. Genji was fine with people who were hard headed. It was a common personality trait. But this was a little bit of a nuisance. He was going head first into battle without even waiting for Genji. If Genji didn't trust Naito so much with taking care of himself, Genji would have probably been angry. He may have understood why Naito was doing this, but it was still a little reckless. Genji would forget about it. It didn't matter right now. If anything, it never would matter. Naito's recklessness was a strength, he had the power to do what he needed to, but he always had a back up. Genji knew well that Naito more than likely had the items that Genji also possessed. Naito wouldn't be stupid. There's a major difference with being reckless and being stupid. Naito may be reckless at times, but he certainly wasn't stupid. Genji tried to remember the phrase. Calculated risk taking? Maybe.

As Genji made his way to the door. He would hear a voice that seemed to be coming from nowhere. The voice angered him. He heard bits and pieces of Naito's response, since he was getting closer. He didn't quite hear the whole thing. But he knew that Naito, in his own way, told the voice that he wasn't going to turn back. Genji wasn't planning on it, either. "Hell no. I wouldn't give into the lies. I don't want a New World, either. I like the world I live in, there are so many things I still need to do. I won't be happy if I don't figure them out. I don't want to live in lies; I'd rather take the hard path. Lies are meaningless, they won't make me happy."

Genji would grip his lance tightly. The long black weapon seemed to respond to his determination. He was ready to do this. He would reach the door and face what was guarding the first clue. It looked like a giant samurai. Genji remembered the Shadow, he looked familiar, but couldn't remember the name. He didn't care right now. Once Genji would attack along with Naito, this guy would stop at nothing to kill him. It was time to get serious.

Genji would run through the door and stand next to Naito, who just finished casting his Rakunda skill on the Shadow. Genji would say to Naito, "You don't have to carry this burden alone, I want to end this, too." Genji would take the initiative to follow up on Naito's Rakunda. He would focus on his Persona, summoning Belial through his will. The card would appear in front of him and he would quickly stab at it with his lance. The power inside of him would appear out of a blue mist. Belial would charge at the Shadow and bash it with his sword twice. Belial would then fade back into Genji's consciousness. This Shadow wouldn't get the best of them. Genji would make sure of it.

Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

"Hah . . . Ha Ha Ha! The guinea pigs known as Mankind look to overplay their fate? The rampant illusion of freedom causes humanity to worry over petty matters. They desire a leader, and crave for someone to make their choices for them. I offer you the power to make such dreams become reality, and you turn it away?! Ha Ha Ha!!!! Very well! As you've said, a few beating fishes will never turn back the tide. Philemon has chosen some interesting tools this cycle!" The eerie voice would laugh once more towards the futility of the humans will to press forward into the fray. They were not the first the malevolent entity had broken, simply because it could. When the battle finally began and both of the foolish humans took their place, the massive Shadow would raise its arms and press its blade outward. Though it was attacked with a slightly powerful move, it did not flinch, nor show any signs of pain or disorientation. It was going to be a long battle ahead if these Persona-Users could only muster up that much strength to cause harm to the massive being. Unlike the previous Shadows they had been fighting throughout Limbo, this one was of another class. Raising its left arm, it would tap its chest and perform a simple Dekunda skill to remove the stat decreases placed upon it. After performing a skill, it was normal for a Shadow to have to wait some time before performing another, but once again this was no ordinary Shadow. This false Jikokuten would stab its blade into the ground and immediately follow up the -nada skill used. Placing the palms of its hands together, a shower of arrows would fall down from above and look to inflict moderate damage to both Naito and Genji.

Once the rain of arrows ended, the massive Shadow would grasp its blade and reclaim its battle position. There were no signs of staggering or worry within the Shadow's stance, mostly emphasizing that it was still very well ready for this battle. After all, its sole purpose was to protect what was in the treasure chest. If it failed, then it would be destroyed regardless. Regardless of if it lived or died, the Shadow was bound to the chest. It would need to be taken from its cold dead hands before being opened by anyone, friend or foe.

Shadow Jikokuten:
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Genji would find himself not defeating the fake version of the legendary hero. "This guy's persistent," he said to Naito. Of course he was persistent. This guy was probably more powerful than the other Shadows that he faced before. Genji wondered how powerful he was. He got his answer quickly. The rain of piercing arrows that would hit him and almost knock him over gave him that answer. He grunted in pain as the arrows would never end pelted his body. It certainly did quite a large amount of damage to the young User. He wanted to hit the Shadow harder, but he couldn't do it in this state, especially with another attack like this. He heard Naito heal himself with a Bead and he called out to Genji. Genji would turn to Naito and say, "We can do this if we do this together, but if we fail, you're getting out of here before me. I can't let you die. If there's anyone that can do this, it's you." Genji would call his Persona and heal himself with it. No use using the items just yet.

Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:07 pm

False hopes and empty promises. Humanity surely didn't know when to quit, did they? Luckily, neither did this Shadow. Its purpose was to defeat them. To feast on their corpses after they had taken their last breath. The False Jikokuten stood its ground, blade still in hand and powerful aura still dancing like flames upon its body. Lifting its arm, it'd point it's sword towards Genji. A bright light would begin to shine beneath the Persona-Users feet, as the Shadow Jikokuten had performed a skill named Hama. It was attempting to end the Persona-User, and leave the silver haired one the last one standing. It was surely a bold and risky move to perform, as the chance of success was lower than fifty percent. In other words, it was a slight hit, and a definite miss. However, this Shadow had no means of making complex judgements when it came to a battle such as this. It moved on instinct and impulse, not looking to weigh the numbers of the situation before it. Perhaps that was a major difference between humanity and their Shadows. Where the Shadows were supposed to be humanity's true selves, they lacked the ability to adapt and think like normal humans. Atleast, the majority of the Shadows were this way. The King of them all, the Crawling Chaos, was a whole different story when compared to his offspring. He was the Shadow of all mankind, and as thus he could never be truly destroyed no matter how much they wished him away. These Persona-Users were not the first to take the trials laid out upon them. Philemon and Nyarlathotep had been "playing" this game for multiple lifetimes.

Once the Hama skill was used, the Shadow would immediately follow behind it with a secondary attack aimed towards the one named Tsurinai Naito. Lifting its mighty blade, it would bring it down upon the Persona-User to perform a simply slash attack. It not only conserved SP, but also HP when dealing with the two opponents before it. Though this Jikokuten was merely a Shadow playing copy-cat, it was extremely similar to the Hero of Legend. Its strength was not an illusion compared to the rest of its brethren that littered the dungeon before the gates. Once its attacks were completed, it would regain its stance, still showing no signs of fatigue or worry. The Shadow had plenty of fight left in it. The voice had given the two a chance to leave the dungeon and join them for more power, but if they were to continue to be disrespect and so full of their own mortality, then the Crawling Chaos would remind them just how human they truly were. Perhaps he'd have a use for them in the after life once the Shadows had their way with them. He would even wear one of their faces amongst their friends, simply to trick and lead them into a false sense of security. They clearly underestimated his prowess when it came to manipulating the guinea pigs known as humanity.

Shadow Jikokuten:

Chances for Success:
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Genji would notice the light shine under him. He didn't know what to do. Was this the end for him. He would make sure that he went out with dignity, unless this was just a normal attack, he didn't know. But within the last few seconds of the attack, he felt himself being pushed out of the way. It was by no one that Genji would expect. It was Naito... Wait, what? Genji was shocked as Naito would take the attack for Genji. He almost lost his balance as Naito stepped into the light. He turned around and saw the aftermath of the light. He would tell Genji not to lose. What did that mean?

Genji watched as Naito was bathed in light. When the light cleared, he didn't move. He was face down on the ground. Genji's heart stopped. Genji called out to Naito, but he didn't say anything. Genji was panicked, but didn't freak out. He had to keep his cool, like Naito would. His heart was racing and he was sweating already. He looked over to the blasted Shadow, only to watch it try to finish off Naito! Genji would rush in front of Naito and take the attack. The blade would come down on Genji, but not hurt as much. Apparently the power of friendship saved all? Who knows?

Genji was happy that Naito protected him. He would not let him down. He would do anything to defeat this Shadow, he needed to make it up to Naito, his friend and savior. He understood Naito a lot more now. He understood that he needed to solve this mystery. He actually cared about everyone that was thrown in here. He wanted this to end. Genji would make sure it would end. He summoned Belial, who would bash his foe yet again. This time, Belial seemed to have a determined, but sad look on his face. Did the fallen angel feel Genji's emotions as well?

Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:59 pm

A noble sacrifice from the one who seemed to always have a chip on his shoulder. Though, the malevolent entity that was currently watching the battle would let out a heart-filled laughter that echoed through the long narrow tunnel. Humanity seemed ignorant of their limits, and that was more apparent now than ever. Foolishly charging into battle without analyzing the details, and attempting to overcome fate when it had already been written out for them! Ahahah! If there was one thing the Malevolent Entity could laugh about, it would be the futile attempts humanity took to try and grasp freedom. They were nothing but chess pieces in a larger game between two entities of the subconscious world. Sure, they could defeat a Shadow here and there. Even achieve their potential of becoming a Persona-User. But, in the end, they were nothing but pawns clinging to illusions of grandeur. The Crawling Chaos was sure to remind them of this fact. As long as there were Shadows in their heart, he would always exist. He would always exist and bring humanity down into the abyss of madness. The Shadow Jikokuten was but an child of the Crawling Chaos, and even its power was formidable when compared to the two children before it. When the Shadow was struck once again, it would stagger back before reclaiming its footing. It still stood strong, without showing any signs of fatigue. Lifting its blade above head, the Shadow would swing it down upon Genji and perform a fatal end attack upon the Persona-User. Once complete, the Shadow would fall to one knee and bury its sword within the soil showing signs of fatigue.

The burning aura upon its body began to smother, as it lifted an arm to perform its next attack. Clenching its fist, the Shadow would perform a Rakunda skill upon the Persona-User, to lower their defense. Once the skill was performed, the Shadow would remain on its knee, using its massive blade for support. The Malevolent Entity became rather quiet at this time, as if it were watching more intently than before. It was not worried, nor was it particularly angry at the situation before it. Infact, it wished to laugh. Studying these Persona-Users, even if they were to win he'd know exactly how to break them apart in the future. Little did they know he had multiple forms of Children. The Shadows were not their only enemy, as even those who held a Tainted Persona could be formidable in combat. All the pieces were falling in order... The Crawling Chaos would overcome Philemon's tool this cycle, and humanity would be once again drowned in their own futility. That was their fate, after all.

Shadow Jikokuten:
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Genji would get hit from the blade of the large Shadow. Genji needed to end this soon. If he didn't, it would end up horribly. He would focus on his Persona. Belial would again punish the Shadow for hurting its owner's friend, the same way, too. Hopefully, this would end it all. Genji would be able to take Naito home once this was all over. He would discuss the note later with all of them together. They needed to be together when this was all over. The clues needed to be found and everything needed to be stopped, just like Naito, Genji would give his life to end this all. He wouldn't stop until he beat this or if he died.

Genji's Stats:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm

-Conflict Resolved-

With the final attack, the massive Shadow would stagger back while grasping its chest in pain. It would reach for its blade to perform one final attack, but would fall straight down face first before it could muster the strength. With its defeat, it would break apart into a black sludge before sinking into Limbo once and for all. All that was left within the room would be the golden chest that held the clue. However, for the Shadow's defeat, the users were rewarded themselves. For now they had their victory, but they'd soon find it would become a short lived victory. After all, this was only the beginning, and the Shadow Jikokuten was nowhere near as strong as the remaining guardians.

Rewards:
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Genji would sigh, glad that it was all over. He was exhausted. This was probably one of the hardest fights in his life. Luckily, he survived it, so did Naito. No one died, even though Naito got knocked unconscious from it. Genji could see the treasure chest in the distance. He also picked up the money and the items off of the ground. He never had any of these before, but it was cool that he got it. He would take the money for the two of them. But in the end, he realized that he accidentally stole a lot of stuff from Naito so far. It wouldn't be very wise of him to continue stealing all of this stuff from him, so while there was nothing to worry about, Genji would put all of Naito's items that he needed to get into his pockets. It's good that it was all taken care of now.

There was one thing left to do. All of this hard work and pain would be paid off right now. The chest would be there, unguarded in front of Genji. Genji would turn to Naito, pick him up, and lead him to the chest. He could use a gem to teleport Naito out of here, but who knows where he would be left off. He would be unconscious randomly in the city. Genji would walk over to the chest, set Naito down against a wall, and heal himself. He couldn't take any chances right now. Limbo was an odd place. Genji needed to be vigilant at all times. After healing himself, he would open the chest. The first clue of the mystery was theirs now.

Genji's Actions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]   The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Strange Truth [Dungeon Traversal Round 2]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next