Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Court machinations EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Court machinations EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Court machinations EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Court machinations EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Court machinations EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Court machinations EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Court machinations EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Court machinations EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Court machinations EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Court machinations

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Nagisa snorted as she waited in the long line which has formed within minutes in the bookstore. Today was a very special day but she never imagined that it would be that crowded. Today Rebecca Gloves was going to give a presentation of her recent book "Court machinations". A best seller book about a young princess who marries a king of a far away land and through cunning and kindness tries to win his heart. Nagisa was a fan of the author since she was still in middle school and now she finally had the chance to meet her. However she didn't expect to run into such a long line, plus she would hate to be seen by someone from her school, they might get the preposterous idea that she liked romance or that she actually believed that things like these were possible. She simply admired the way the author wrote, that was all.

Unfortunately her black sunglasses didn't exactly hide her true identity. The rest of her attire consisted of a long brown skirt a grey blouse and a brown jacket, she was also wearing her long hair into a ponytail, something rather unusual for her but then again she didn't want people to recognize her."Ugh I have been here for almost forty minutes now, just how long is this line anyway? She said to the person behind her hopping to kill some time through conversation.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Sharaku had obviously no luck today. He had just wanted to check things out, seeing as he had been too busy with other deals to read a single book lately. His mind was just not focused enough for that. Still, looking at them was another way to go, and good enough to pass some time for him. At least, there wasn't a big chance he'd get himself into any frustrating talks with people mindind their own business.

Problem was, he did not expect to get floored by a huge crowd. Frankly, he didn't even know what was going on. He just stood there, observing the situation with a raised eyebrow, not necessarily happy that this uncalled for set up ruined his original plan of solitude. Of course, he could just turn around and leave, but he didn't have anything else in mind at the moment, and he was sort of curious as to what was this all about. There was always tiem for him to back out later on. That said, he would keep on musing inwardly, until someone spoke to him. He blinked a few times to focus his attention on the young woman. ''I have no idea, miss. In fact, I don't even really know what is this all about.'', he'd respond to her complaint politely. Aside from that, he would just watch her calmly. He could handle some small talk, hopefully. Just like her, he was dressed in mostly darker, dull colors, in a black suit and dark purple shirt. The only vibrant color on him right now were his golden eyes, seeing as even his skin was gray.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Nagisa didn't expect this sort of answer from a person waiting on a line almost as long as she did. Did he just stood there without even caring enough to find out why the people were waiting "Could you please elaborate that?" She asked the man as she turned to face him directly. It would be rude, even for her, to talk to with her back turned on him.

"You see Rebecca Gloves is sitting on the desk at the end of this line and she's here to sign her latest book. "Court Machinations". You must have heard of it, it's the new best seller after all and I hear that they might make a movie based on it." She rested her hand on the left side of her waist while she explained to the man why she was waiting on the line "I'm not a big fan of this genre but the way the author writes is simply...fascinating. I have never read a book as fast as I did her latest one. And don't even get me started on the characters, I felt really sad when the protagonist's sister die....DYED her hair blonde since brown fit her so perfectly!" Nagisa tried her best to cover the little spoiler she had revealed. She had hoped that nobody heard her and if someone did then perhaps they would actually fall for the 'dyed hair' excuse.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 pm

''Elaborate...?'' Sharaku would echo her words, not really comprehending what was she after. He said he did not know. What was there to elaborate on that? It wasn't like he was omnipotent. Nor did he follow what happened with books most of the time. It was just an occassional past time activity when he had nothing else to do, or felt like ignoring everyone. It was a good practice. Pretend to read a book, or actually read it. People are more likely to leave you alone.

He would continue looking at her, not feeling impressed. Why was she giving him a lecture? He hadn't asked for it. Hm, so many people that ran their mouths lately. He was starting to believe it was a new trend. ''I'm afraid I don't follow book releases. I'm too busy with different things to do that.'', he'd answer casually. ''Also, I don't believe I ever asked you to give me a rundown. I can read a book if I want to know what it is about.'' He was seriously hoping she wasn't the type to talk people's heads off, because he was having enough of that lately. He wanted to stay calm today.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Nagisa expected to be scoled for spoiling one of the major plot events of the books but she couldn't have guessed that she was going to get a lecture for her talkativeness and especially not a subtle one. If he wanted to go like that then perhaps she should come up with a more passive-aggressive response to put the man in his place.

"Oh of course, please excuse me but I figured that reading isn't something you are very interested in, had it been so you would have read the note at the entrance about the presentation of the book taking place today in this store, so I thought you were more of the listening type. How silly of me." It wasn't the best line she had ever delivered that was certain but at least it was something. She managed to keep her composure and even force a kind , but fake, smile on her lips.

"Now if there's something else you would like to know I would be happy to help you understand it." She added. This conversation could get out of hand but at least it would keep her mind occupied until she had the chance to meet the author.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Hm. A smartass female then? Was she trying to unnerve him? While yes, Sharaku did not like being insulted, either direcly or subtly, he didn't care as much when it came from a person that he didn't know at all. Actually, currently, he was moreso amused that she bothered. She was really bored with waiting if she felt the need to engage in a conversation of this manner. He would give her a laidback smile. ''I'll take that as a compliment.'' He wasn't going to eat subtle jabs like those. If he could manage to keep himself in line, he was not going to pull on the hook. The fact that he could recognize what she was trying for made it easier for him. He was more likely to react the wrong way when he did not understand the deal immediatelly. ''I personally feel no need to bother reading something that does not concern me, which is why I'm wondering as to why are you concerned about my choices. Taking an interest?'', he'd throw at her jokingly, though with a somewhat deadpan face.

''Speaking of which, I'd rather you don't insinuate I'm dumb. It's rude to speak to people that way. And yes, there is something I'd like to know, miss. Do you make a hobby of talking down to people?'', he'd retort flippantly. She was funny with her tries. It was so obvious he couldn't even feel upset about it. Nor did he want to.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Nagisa scoffed at the man's answer. Others might have blushed or taken aback from his reply but she was a bit tougher on that account. Surely he didn't expect that she was going to shy away because of his response. If only he knew just how well that described Nagisa's hobbies. Of course she enjoyed bringing down people who annoyed her, as if there was a greater pleasure than giving a lesson to anyone who was disrespectful to her.

"I' not trying to talk down to anyone" she replied "I'm simply pointing out that you shouldn't waste your time waiting in line. Unless of course you like to wait in meaningless lines just for the excitement they offer although I doubt that's the case. So I can't help but wonder why would an adult chose to spent his precious time in a bookstore like that waiting for no reason to meet an author he hasn't heard of? Are you perhaps trying to run away from something or is it your hobby to waste your time?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Going to keep this up? Very well. Sharaku had plenty of time to spare, so no big deal. In actuality, she was the only reason he was still bothering to 'spend his precious time' here at the moment. He didn't even care for the line. He had just been observing from the start. ''Never said I'm even waiting in the line. I'm just drifting around, so to say. And nothing is completely meaningless, unless you're suggesting that you're meaningless as well, since I'm wasting my precious time making small talk with you.'' If waiting in line was a waste of time, so was talking with her. Seeing as the two were tied to each other right now. Beisdes, who was she to judge his idea of spending it in the first place?

He would shrug indifferently after that. ''I simply have nothing better to do. I'm here for no reason. And perhaps I'm just bored. What's it to you?'' Afterall, she never truly answered why she cared enough to go and poitn out a random fact? In case he felt like standing here was meaningless, he wouldn't do so, would he now? He wasn't completely emptybrained yet.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 pm

"Technically speaking every person in this room is meaningless to both of us. Until you develop a bond with someone or something there's no point to think or do something about it. This author is important for me because her books inspired me, you are simply a way to pass my time without thinking about how long this line is that's what's in for me" Nagisa reply to the man without flinching. She noticed that the line was moved a bit forward and made a couple of steps forward to make sure nobody was going to steal her spot.

"You can claim that you don't have anything better to do but I can still see no point in waiting at a line for a book you're not even going to read. Unless you have another motive. Perhaps you were hoping to meet someone or you're waiting for something to occur. Considering the recent events I expect anything to happen. Who knows maybe that weird reporter will show up again in the TV and talk about superpowers and all." She added once she ensured her spot in the line.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Sharaku would give a faint hum. ''I can agree with that one. I technincally don't care either right now. I'm talking just for the sake of not being completely rude to a stranger by ignoring them. After all, manners are important.'', he'd respond casually. ''On the other hand, in case you'd consider people you have no bond with meaningless automatically, how do you go about creating one? By logic, one does not care about something that has no meaning to them, therefore there would be no initial reason to even seek a bond to begin with. Unless I am mistaken.'', he'd muse calmly, taking note of the line moving. Unlike her, he would step to the side first and just follow to stand next to her, pretty much. He wasn't interested in the line per se. Right now, he was hanging around just for the somewhat intriguing talk.

''Again. I'm not here for that book. I just happened to see the crowd and wondered what the deal was. Besides, I could say I don't see the point of trying to decipher someone else's actions either. Is that what small talk is supposed to be about?'', he would shake his head in amusement. ''That aside, I'd actually rather see nothing happening. In regards to that Broadcast of course.'', he'd shrug a little, before asking. ''Do you believe it?'' Nothing wrong with a little scouting if it already came up. It also gave this talk a bit more meaning.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 pm

"It's circumstances that lead people to develop bonds. Right now you and me are developing a bond, it might not be exactly a friendly one but right now I'm the person with the greatest influence in your life in this room. Something similar could be said for me, though I do care more about the author you are the only person I know from this line. The broadcast on the other side..." At that point Nagisa stopped talking and remained silent for a bit. Of course that event has been bothering her but she didn't have a chance to talk about it with anyone till now. Weird things were happening in the region but they could all be just hoaxes or something that could be explained by scientists.

"I'm worried about it. I hope it's just a hoax or an elaborated farce but if it's not I'm really concerned about the future of Azores. Who was that reported and why would she set such a charade just to reveal several names of people? Some of them are from my school you know. This reported, whoever or whatever she is needs to be taken care of.We can't let her terrorize the people of Azores like that."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Ah. ''I can't say things influence me much unless I let them, but I suppose you have a point. We are talking, yes.'' Sharaku couldn't really butt heads with her about that. It wasn't intentional, but she was right that the fact they were conversing implied some sort of bond. He couldn't deny something that wasn't wrong at all. When she fell silent to think over the broadcats, he would wait calmly, just glancing at her from the corner of his eyes. He actually wondered what she was going to say. People were bound to have mixed opinions about it.

He would look off to the side in contemplation. ''She claims she did it to help. I personally still don't understand how that exact move does so.'' And he probably never would. How did telling their names to everyone help them solve the big problem, aside from possibly making normal people afraid? Thank god she did not give away faces as well, but as long as people remembered a name it could be still troubling. Maybe it was time to start being cautious about introducing himself, but he didn't feel like worrying that hard. They couldn't prove him much, afterall the whole broadcast was probably some big gibberish to those that did not understand at all. ''Hm, do you actually remember the names she said? Either way, I don't think you can do much about her right now.'', he'd add, along with an inquiry.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Nagisa was a bit suspicious about the man's question. Why did he wanted to know if she could remember any names. She had to play it smart maybe this one was after those people or maybe there was something shady going on. She didn't break her composure instead she acted as if she was trying to recall the names.

"I told you some of those people she mentioned are from my school but for the most part the names were unknown to me. Maybe she just picked random names. It would make sense after all, What about you did you know any of the people she mentioned. Hearing a name you are familiar with can be a big shock, though I guess having your name in that list of hers is far worse." She said as she moved another step forward. Finally the line was moving at a normal pace. With any luck she would be done within twenty minutes.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 pm

She avoided his question quite cleverly. Sharaku was almost dissapointed. Now he'd have to tell more to get more than a vague answer. Oh well. In case she did remember, it barely mattered. Whenever it got to the point of introduction, she would know anyway. Point moot, of course. Unless she cared little enough to not even bother exchanging names after a conversation. ''Yes, you're right, many are from the school.'' Was it just luck that students kept gaining these powers? They did make up the majority, for whatever reason. Eh. ''And yes, I am acquainted with most of the people mentioned there, though it didn't really come as a shock, seeing as to what the reporter was doing.'' What was shocking, was the fact that she believed outing helped. It helped mishaps, that is.

''Anyway, why would it make sense? Going through all that trouble to set up a broadcast without a reason behind what she said? That would be quite the waste of precious time, in this case.'', he'd comment flippantly, looking over to the line for a short while, as he waited for her input.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Nagisa scoffed before she replied "Terrorism. This woman is clearly trying to make the citizens of Azores fear her. If we believe that everything she saw is a lie, then we can assume that this broadcast was a way for her to make show off. Frankly hacking the entire network of the region is something not a normal person can do. Maybe in her next video she will demand something in return or make a political statement. Nagisa replied. This conversation has taken a completely unexpected turn but then again it had the potential to become more interesting than the author who was signing books at the end of the line.

"You said that you knew most of the people she mentioned. I can only imagine the shocked of hearing the name of a friend of yours during that broadcast... At that moment Nagisa froze as a scenario began to form in her head. She managed to maintain her composure and calmly asked the man. "I didn't catch you name by the way. I'm Nagisa Sugihara who might you be?" She asked as she offered her hand for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Court machinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Court machinations   Court machinations Empty

Back to top Go down

Court machinations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next