Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Listen to that Beat (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shunny

Shunny

Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 1:54 pm

...w...ow. — For the majority of Naomi’s speech, Shunnosuke would just stay there, watching her as she went on and on about it. Normally he wouldn’t take such from another person, even though he recognized hints of truth in what she spilled out. But...she was so right, and so on spot he couldn’t help but to stare blankly for a few seconds, jaw partially dropped. — ...that’s...the most obvious thing you’ve said to me this whole time... — Naomi was even more passionate about Shun’s rebel ways against his demanding family than himself. Like...all of what he said was no news to him, but to listen to it from someone else’s mouth is on a whole new level. From Naomi’s mouth, to top it off. Did she truly care about him to that extent? That was so shocking Shunnosuke even forgot the nail/hair stylist subject. — ...or the loveliest. — In a brief strike of sobriety, he smiled. — You actually have a heart under the bitch façade. But you see, I beg to differ. Money makes difference. It’s easier to withstand your suffering in Paris rather than some shack in Standasen, for example, or at Tiffany’s. Whoever said it doesn’t bring happiness didn’t know where to shop. — On the other hand, he, who was happy a moment before, had his mood change printed on his face. — But I know sometimes it’s not enough...
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:16 am

She would raise an eyebrow at him, “Well, if it’s obvious and no one is listening or speaking up, doesn’t that mean someone has to say it. You know, like the emperor's clothes? When the head of your empire is running around buck naked, you have to say something.” That was probably the closest analogy she could think of, “Plus, it’s not fair to you. Why shouldn’t you be allowed to live life however you want? I mean, you’re the one that has to live in your own future, not them.” She just felt weird about all of it. She would chuckle at his comment about having a heart, “Yeah, but it’s still mostly made of bitch.” She was going to own that title if he was going to give it to her. She would shrug, “I think it’s all relative. I don’t know what Pais is like. I know what Azores is like. Specifically Standasen and San Malarus. Was it great? Heck no! Was I happy? I admit, probably not. But, I know looking back I have fond and happy memories of back then. At the time, I was angry about it. Now, I have really good things to say about it. That’s some intrinsic happiness though. I think money is supposed to buy extrinsic happiness, or something. I admit, it’s a form of happiness, but I think what people mean is that it’s not coming from inside.” Not that she understood that either, “Money is nice though. It pays bills so you can live to be happy. So, yeah, money can do something, but I don’t think it’s the thing that matters most.” She would think for a moment, “Say, tell me how you got into fashion. You told me why you like it, but never how you got into liking it.” She had a point. She hoped.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Okaay? The analogy made little sense in his drunk mind state. Was he the emperor running around naked? He didn’t get it, though he understood perfectly what Naomi extensively said next. Somehow, he could relate to her, in a sense. He had a few memories from his childhood that were, indeed, memorable. Some positive things worth remembering, some others not so much, but that’s life for you. — And then we ended up speaking about philosophical matters again. There’s no escaping from this, is there? — He chuckled, carelessly. Whether the dark girl would realize or not, her words have reached Shunnosuke. Of course he wouldn’t change his outlooks about money and its importance from one night to another, but...he would think about it. He has already been for some time, actually. Now, how he got into fashion? Tricky question, specially when one is far from sober. — I’m not sure. I think I wanted to be as pretty as my mother is. I looked up to her, she has always earned positive attention on how pretty she is. Our appearance is our visit card, so if you have a nice visit card, people will be automatically drawn to yourself. Whether we like it or not, first impressions matter enough, is what drags people closer, but before you start with some moral lesson, I know it’s not what makes people stay.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:12 pm

She shook her head, “My grandmother was a living fortune cookie. Having a conversation without going philosophical is an impossibility in my family.” She crossed her arms and cocked her hip, “And, yes, it does get to be quite a pain if you live with it long enough. It’s fun sometimes though. You get to watch the blank faces of people stare into the infinite void. Chalk it up to the bitch side of my personality.” She would hold up her hand, “And I didn’t ask because I wanted to have a moral debate with you on the value of fashion and what it means for people. I was asking, because I wanted to see what you look like when you talk about it. Before, you were so passionate. I was just seeing if you had the same sparkle in your eyes. Because… there has to be a reason. There always is.” She smiled slightly. She saw it in everyone. It was nice to see people feel passionate about something they adored.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Oh? She didn’t want a moral debate? Alright then. He could honestly pass if it were to happen, but gladly Naomi knew better. — Well, that’s my reason since you’re asking. I looked up to Mom, and pursuing this career, I can make others feel pretty about themselves as well. — In his mind the world would be a better place if people knew their good and bad points, as well as to how enhance the good ones. Appearance is a primordial part of it; sure it’s not all that matters, but it would be hypocritical for anyone to deny its importance in our contemporary world. — Wow…it sounds like something Hyde would say. Oh gee, I’m spending too much time around him, I seriously need another drink to exorcise his influence on me. — He said, ready to head back to the bar counter and order for another thing. Vodka, liqueur, sex on the beach, whatever strikes his fancy. — …You’re tricking me into saying this kind of thing, while I’m not sober to object, aren’t you?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 pm

She would smirk and wiggle her eyebrows as best she could at Shun’s response, “I knew you could say something like that. I think wanting to see people be happy with themselves is a noble pursuit.” Not that he needed it, but he had her approval, “ I will admit, maybe that means you should hang out with Hyde more. I mean, that was the first sensible thing I’ve heard out of you in a long time. In fact, maybe I should call him so he can come over here.” She took out her phone and gave a mischievous smile, “And I would never take advantage of a drunk person. How could you accuse me of such a thing.” In act, she would follow him to the bar counter as he walked, just to make sure no one did take advantage. She was no fool. She knew how people acted around those they thought couldn’t think straight.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Alright? His usual self should be offended by what he has just heard. What does she mean? He’s a sensible person, he’s not cold-hearted at all. Call Hyde here? What is she, crazy? — Excuse me, I’m not too drunk to not realize what you’re trying to do! Do not call Hyde here. I won’t hear the end of it if he starts blabbering about how reckless I am, how I shouldn’t go to these places alone, how he wants to protect me. I love him, but I don’t want to be scolded. — On a second thought…maybe Hyde would loosen up a bit if he came? — Oh yes, call him! I’ll get him a drink! Imagine how crazy Hyde would get! — Then again, the guy’s pretty loose already. — …or maybe not. Nevermind, I’ll just order myself something and that’s it. — He said, already raising one finger for the barman to refill his glass with whatever substance Shunnosuke he had previously ordered. — Now your turn. I‘ve spoken too much about me, enjoy while I’m drunk to tell me everything. I won’t remember it tomorrow, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:16 pm

She twirled her phone around her hand, running her finger over the buttons, “I could do it really easily. I’m sure Hyde would love to show up.” She handed her phone to Kurosawa after pulling up Hyde’s contact, “But I don’t feel like hearing him lecture either. Besides, you aren’t alone. You’re with a girl in heels. I know just how to use them as a nice weapons too. Consider yourself protected for all intensive purposes if you call him. I personally am going to sit her and laugh at the conversation that I know will follow.” She would find it entertaining. She found many things entertaining. She leaned against the bar and hummed as she thought about, “Not much to tell. I’m a simple lady with simple desires.” She put on an obviously fake noir accent and gave Kurosawa once of those looks the ladies did in the movies, “Unless there is something you want to know. Maybe I’m so high on life that the seal on these normally tight lips has come a little loose.” Man, she looked a good line-read, but “Okay. That was terrible. I can't pull off noir.” She had to admit defeat.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Shunnosuke narrowed his gaze to Naomi, understanding she was threatening him. — You wouldn’t… — It’s like his heart would jump out of his throat. If Hyde finds out Shun’s illicit activities… Luckily, Naomi seemed to not upgrade her threats to an actual action plan. As long as her fun stayed in always teasing, never really fulfilling what she implied to do, he’d be alright. He figured he would anyway, for Naomi said she’d act as her bodyguard, right? Not what Shunnosuke expected from her, but a bodyguard it’s always welcome. Even if it’s not a buff, tall man. — You definitely can’t. You’ve been watching too many movies, huh? — He said, laughing under his breath. Not what he’d do in normal conditions, but drinks have the amazing power of letting your humor more susceptible even to very, very lame jokes. — The line is good, though. I’ll write it down to use it next time I want to unleash my frustrations in an iconic manner. Anywaaaay~  I wanted to ask what do you intend to do of your life. This is what bars are for, to have deep, motivational conversations about our plans, goals, prospections for the future and all that jazz, yes? — The bartender quickly returned the young man’s little glass, now filled with liqueur.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:53 am

She would give him a knowing look, “I would do a great many things, but only within reason. What you do in your free time is not one of those. Unless it gets dangerous and you try to hide it. Then he will know as quickly as I can push the button.” She made it clear that wasn’t a joke. She took people’s safety seriously. Her cheeks would puff out slightly, “Excuse me? It wasn't that bad, was it? I know I’m no femme fatale, but I can still look somewhat like a dark vixen.” Okay. No she couldn’t. This was now just a matter of pride, “But, ehh, I’m not sure what bars are for. I always thought they existed so the really drunk people could fall asleep on them. Although, TV has taught me that many an emotional moment happens here. So… maybe?” She wasn't quite sure, “But, I guess you could say that I want to do something with my life. Honestly, I’m not sure what. Maybe do what I already do. I should probably figure that out, huh?” She changed her mind sometimes, but always came back to computers.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:39 am

He chuckled under his breath disdainfully for calling herself a “dark vixen”, even ignoring the implicit threat in her previous statements. — Oh dear…you’re hilarious. — The laughter ceased not too long after. — Perhaps you should. Perhaps it’ll come with time, who can tell? I understand that not everyone is like me, firm on pursuing my career choices. But I also understand it’s too much to ask for teenagers to realize what they truly want for the rest of their lives when they haven’t lived enough. Adults have a penchant for placing burdens on the younglings’s shoulders, and one mistake led by circumstances can cost months, years... — He took a brief sip of his drink before continuing. He had a few things on his mind when he went on and on about it, and no wonders he’d sound bitter. — Only you can live your life and in time you’ll be able to tell which is the best path.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Her face was in a pout again, “I am, but not for the reason you’re probably laughing.” She was getting the feeling of being condescended to. How strange. This was still Kurosawa though. Drunk or not, “You sound like you found exactly what you want out of life. I wonder if you’ve started trying to get it though.” She would mutter the last part under her breath. She blinked a few times, “You just fortune cookied out on me.” It was a little weird to hear Kurosawa speak that way. She wondered if he was only like that when he was drunk, or if he had picked it up from her, “But, umm, I guess I’ll figure it out along the way. I’ve been working for a few years, but I’m not sure if it’s what I want to do. I mean, I like doing it, but I don’t know if hobbies and jobs mix. I seems like I would start to hate my hobby if I did that for too long.” She sighed at herself, “Okay. Need to stop. That kind of talk is depressing.” She wasn’t one for discussions about the future. She liked planning, yes. But planning that far ahead made her feel like she was locking her future into place.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:53 pm

I haven't. I always knew what I want to do. But I have my family company to live up to... Even if I didn't have a clue back then, I know I'd at least count with my plan B: the Kurosawa group. —  He took another brief sip of his drink, only for Naomi to express complete surprise at his display of wisdom beyond his years. An entertaining reaction, nonetheless. — Perhaps I'm too drunk to "fortune cookie" you. Or perhaps I'm way better than what you may think of me, dear. — Or maybe the alcohol effect had started to wear off, who knows. He gave the girl a playful, cocksure wink before going on: — Mhm, it can be depressing. But we all get to face things we don't want to eventually... — His sight lost focus, probably because the boy's mind trailed off in the memories of his Prime. And a few other events that came after. — You know what they say, "find a job you're passionate about and it won't feel like a job at all". Not quite certain if it applies to me, because I'm sure I'd excel at anything I dedicate my time to and it would please me nevertheless, but if it's not your case...then take chances, make changes. Try another possibilities other than what you regularly do. I know by a fact stagnation is never an option and sometimes the right answers we search don't lie in our everyday lives... — On the other hand, maybe the alcohol effect has aggravated, even he could tell he had enough, judging by his almost apologetic frown to the girl in front of him. — ...Oops, I did it again?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 am

She hummed slightly, taking in what he said, “I don't know what level of drunk disqualifies you from being a fortune cookie. Heck, maybe drunk people make the best fortune cookies because their thoughts are a sober man’s thoughts? I don’t really know.” She didn’t know everything. She only knew how to sound like she did. She would smirk and hold her hand out to Kurosawa, “Okay, that was about four fortune cookies worthy. I think that means you need to get out of here, before you turn into a real one.” She rolled on the balls of her feet, “I can take you home. Unlike you, I am sober enough to use my keys as a nice stabbing weapon if anyone gets any funny ideas.” Self defense was important, and she didn’t trust him to be completely safe going home alone, “Unless there is a car outside waiting for you? I wouldn’t be surprised, honestly.” She was learning to never be surprised with Kurosawa.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Hm, I guess you have a point there. The drink comes in, the truth comes out. — He laughed at the ridiculous sentence he just blurted out. It was true, wasn't it? Drunk people are more susceptible and prone to speak their minds. Now, he didn't know why she offered to take him home and act as a female vicious bodyguard. Not that he believed she could indeed be physically dangerous, but...why? Did he seem to be so vulnerable to need protection even from Naomi? — Of course I don't have a car waiting for me outside, are you out of your mind?? That's sort of a giveaway to my family, they can't know! And if you dare tell, we simply won't be friends anymore! — Did he really say Naomi was his friend? He noticed his word choices, but... Ah, whatever. He decided he was too drunk to dwell on it. — Fine, fine. I'll let a geek like you escort me home. But if you dare open your mouth about this... — He couldn't even think of a proper punishment for her, leaving the threat open, though he doubted the lady would take it seriously. He wasn't in his right state of mind to act menacingly. Once the blond teenager stood up, he made a gesture for the barman to include it in his bills for future payment. He wouldn't pay for it today, and since he's a regular, the man knew he'd crawl back, eventually. — Let's move on. Don't let me waiting!

( Exit. )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listen to that Beat (Open)   Listen to that Beat (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Listen to that Beat (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next