Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] Empty
PostSubject: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Masahiro Takao thought that the lock down was horrible enough, he also got a friendly message that foresaw his death that night. He also foresaw an explosion at the police station later, which he may want to stay away from. The mail was informative, but nonetheless scary. The power was also going to go out soon, but Masa couldn't stop that, no matter how hard he tried. All he could do for now was tightly clench the crowbar he got from his car and stare wide eyed at the message. His hands shook as he thought about his painful death. He just recently wanted to live his life, now that everything went to the dogs, but now his new chance at life was going to be so brutally taken away. He wondered if killing himself would be less painless, but he shook the thought out of his head.

He couldn't do anything about the message. Maybe it wasn't even right. Masa kept an open mind, maybe whoever was sending this to him had a sick mind and wanted to take advantage of the already horrible situation. Maybe it was even a right message, that no one was pulling his leg, that this was all going to happen. Maybe it was somewhere in between. Masa didn't have time to think about it, though. It was the morning, so he had to find somewhere that he could find other survivors and maybe figure out what was going on. He felt so weak that he couldn't do anything about all of this, but he had to keep going. He had nothing going for him right now, except that he was alive, but he would never see it that way. He would just keep walking towards the University, trying to find others.

He walked as far as he could. There was no point in taking cars anymore. His own car was torched by rioters, so he could possibly steal another car, but who knows what would be the downfall of something like that? He couldn't be stupid about this. He didn't know what was going on, nor did he think anyone else knew, so others would probably panic. Masa didn't want to panic, he didn't have much to panic about, in his opinion. If he lost his life, it wouldn't be a big deal, he was going to kill himself anyway. So he kept his cool, knowing that panicking would only cause everything to become so much worse.

He eventually made his way to the large University campus. Everything seemed to be in quiet chaos. Many things were destroyed in the initial panic, but it's not like there were active fires anymore, those would have run their course by now. Masa held his messenger bag strap tightly with one arm. He couldn't believe that so much has happened so quickly, but he's covered things such as this before, it wasn't new to him. But to see it on such a massive level, it was astounding. He knew that it would only get worse as others would wake up and start to fill the streets, so he decided to make his way to the main building.

There were already many guards there, as if someone immediately took action and became the leader. Maybe there was a group of people inside, he didn't know. He would make his way to the guards, hoping that he could find a little more information about all of this, but he didn't think that he should try to rush towards them. He might be attacked, thought to be a possible threat, so Masa stood there, near the building, hoping to find a good way to approach the guards. It was a clever move, but it had to be done soon, who knows what could be out there, even so early in the morning.

Masahiro's Strengths and Weaknesses:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 pm

"Who goes there?!" A voice could be heard from the gates that belonged to a student holding a bat. He held the weapon up at the ready, just incase the man appeared to be hostile. After all the hell that broke loose in Port Island, it wouldn't be surprising at this point. Could one really blame the students for ganging together and fending for themselves with the madness around them? Could one blame a student for being hostile before welcoming? No, this was the meaning of staying alive. "What is your business here? If you're looking for trouble, you've certainly found it!" The student barked once again, as his partner took a step forward and place a hand on his shoulder. "Calm town, Trak. Perhaps he's not one to cause trouble. I mean look at him, he looks like a wreck. He could be another survivor." This student that spoke was more calm and mature than the rowdy child by his side. The previous student would back off while the mature one would look towards the newcomer and take the reigns of the conversation.

"My name is Taski. What may we help you with here? If you're looking for supplies, we have non to spare." A simply question with a calm tone. The student obviously didn't want any trouble, as even his own bat was lowered to the ground. Apparently he just wished to talk to this man who wandered to their doorstep. Perhaps the world hadn't gone to complete and utter hell as of yet.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

"Oh, I'm not looking for supplies, I'm just looknig to help out and learn about what's going on," Masa said to the student, holding the bat. He held his hands up, making sure to look innocent enough to not be considered a threat. He made sure that his crowbar was on the ground before moving at all. He didn't need supplies, he had a thing or two in his bag, but it wouldn't last long. But he wasn't lying, in a sense. He wasn't there for supplies, but a readily available set of supplies would be nice. Still, he wanted information before anything. He wanted to not be blind with this information anymore. Maybe he would be able to get information and more here. He would be able to help out, too. He always wanted to help out. He hoped that the others would see him as little threat and let him in. His intentions were truly innocent, they had no ulterior motive at all.

Genji's Strengths:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

The student pinched his chin between his index finger and thumb in thought. "Looking to help out and learn what's going on, huh? Could you wait right here? I'll need to speak to my superior." The boy spoke with a calm tone as he reached into his pocket and removed a small radio. Turning away from Masa, he'd walk a few meters towards the building and begin to talk into it. He kept his voice down so the man couldn't hear exactly why he was saying, but by the odd looks the student gave him over his shoulder, it was obvious he was speaking about him. After what appeared to be a few minutes of a back and forth, the student would turn back to the gate. "Alright then, my superior is going to let you in. But he's on his way to meet you here now. He probably has the most information on the situation at the moment, so you'll have to excuse our ignorance to the matter." The student gave a polite bow before unlocking the chains on the gate. Even though the gates were open, they wouldn't let the man cross the line just yet.

After a couple of minutes, a figure would appear on the scene. His arms were crossed over his chest and he gave a stern glares towards the man looking for information. This figure's name was Reijo, and he was the current leader of Tiekuru after the lockdown. There was an aura of dominance around him, as he stood firm. "My name is Haruno Reijo. I lead the survivors here. What is your name, and what information are you seeking? And if I am to share this information, what are you offering me in return? Times are rough, and I have no intentions of giving without receiving." The boy spoke with a mature tone, even being relatively younger than the man he was speaking too. Perhaps he was like this before even began, or the lockdown forced him to take control of his life. Either way, he was standing there here and now because of the power personality he held. "Answer fast. I won't allow you to lie to my face. I've seen what kind of people live in this world beyond these walls as of now." The aura of power coming from the student was more linked to determination, than actual malice. However by looking it his eyes, you could tell he was quite cynical.

Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Masahiro was shocked by how fast the man went from greeting him to bargaining with him. Times were tough, it seemed. Masa took note of that, not necessarily taking offense from it, but rather understanding that others may be like this. He thought quickly about what he could give in return for what has happened. He didn't want specifics, he just wanted to know if anyone had an idea as to what was going on. He was totally confused by what was going on, he didn't like to be left in the dark. That's being a journalist, being in the dark is not an option. Nor was thinking much about the man or the situation an option, either.

He would quickly give his name and give his usefulness to the college student, hopefully this young man would accept it. "My name is Takao Masahiro. I'm not looking for specifics, I'm just trying to stay out of the dark. What I can offer are my services. I was a journalist before this all happened, so getting information is my specialty. If you are all in the dark, now. I can definitely get you more information in the long run. I just need a base to go from. I also wish to help out other survivors to the best of my ability, we can't survive if we don't work together." Masa had a point. If he wouldn't work together with others, he had no way of surviving. This man also had to think of it this way as well. More than likely, there are people that would take advantage of others in an instant, but as long as Masa could get Reijo to trust him, it would end up working for the both of them. Masa needed allies just as much as his allies needed him. If this was going to last for a long time, then Masa will have to band together allies. It would be impossible for anyone to go alone.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 pm

"A journalist, huh?" Reijo narrowed his eyes while keeping his arms firmly crossed upon his chest. "Very well, you may be of use to me yet. But first, I have a question for you, Takao Masahiro. You must know the military has forced this lockdown upon us. Do you agree with their methods? Are you the type to sit and wait this lockdown out?" These questions were very direct and to the point, even though Reijo asked them like any other. Though the journalist could be of use to him, that didn't change the fact that one who could possibly become a cancer to his organization needed to be left out of the pack. Being the leader of these fellow students and faculty members, Reijo had alot of weight on his shoulders. A simply mistake could be the downfall of all his people, and the military would have won after that point. Tch, they wouldn't keep someone like him caged for long.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Masa thought about the tough questions that Reijo threw at him. So the military is locking the area down for a reason. Everyone knew that. But Masa didn't exactly know if he agreed with it or not. The only problem was, this guy could get angry with him if he didn't flat out agree with him. Masa had an open mind, but others may not have one. He had to give his answer, but he wanted it to sound rather logical, even if he didn't have a side, yet. Maybe Reijo would respect that opinion if it had logic behind it. Masa said his peace and hoped for the best "Honestly, I don't know what to think. I don't know the extent of the problem, so as of now, I don't think this lock down is necessary. Regardless of how I feel towards the military now, I don't think that sitting down and hoping for the best will solve anything. We need to figure out what's going on and solve this problem somehow. Whether that means escaping or taking on this lock down head on, I'm willing to put in the effort to do it. I'm hoping that this is a situation that we can solve quickly, but I could be horribly wrong."

Masa had to be truthful. His opinion was on one side as of now, but could easily change if one side made more sense. He didn't like what was going on with the military, but only because he had no idea why they were doing this. If there was an important reason as to why, he might change his mind. But there was something that wouldn't change. He didn't want to sit around and wait. He was used to being active in his job. Sitting around wasn't his style, he would do something. He wanted to put an end to this, but if he had no other choice but to escape, he would do that, too. If this was as serious as he thought, then he might have to, but for now, all he wanted to do was figure out what was going on and try to put a stop to it. He only hoped that Reijo might feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Reijo listening to his words with a stern glare. With a nonchalant shrug, he'd turn his head to the side. "Very well, Takao Masahiro, I suppose I'll give you the time of day. Before our systems went down this morning, I had one of the students do alittle information gathering online. Apparently there is a rumor that a poisonous gas has caused this lockdown, and apparently this is quarantine. Tch, how dumb does the military think we are? This is no quarantine, this is cold blooded murder for no applicable reason." There was a hint of irritation to his voice, as he barked out the last phrase. "We don't plan on sitting around to be taking advantage of by the military! Infact, we're working on an escape route as we speak. If you want to be of help to us, you will help me find a way out of this dire situation. You're a journalist after all. I'm sure you can dig up some dirt. If you can get us information on how to get out of this lockdown, you are welcome to join our ranks during the escape." Reijo gave a nod to the guards standing at the gates to step aside so the man could walk through. The leader of the survivors kept his firm stance. "However, if I feel you are becoming more of a hindrance than an asset... I will toss you to the sharks." A bold statement!
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Masa's internal alarm suddenly went off inside of his head. He said that the power went out. That was similar to the power outages that the email that Masa had received earlier. His heart started pounding. Could it have been possible that these emails actually did tell of the future? Masa always thought that it could have been possible. This power outage has only stepped him closer to trusting the email. He would keep an open mind for now, in case it was true, or maybe even false.

He listened to the lies that the military has been using. There certainly wasn't a poisonous gas floating around, so Masa didn't believe that at all. Why would the military lie to them? He figured that it had something to do with keeping down panic, so he understood. Still, he didn't quite understand why they would do it. He tried to keep his mind open for now. Maybe it really was for a good reason.

Even though Reijo wanted to escape, Masa was hesitant. He didn't exactly want to escape, but it would be a last resort if it needs to be. He hoped that he could figure this out soon, but for now, he would see escape as a possible option. There was a lot of things that could happen, it seemed, but it was still the first day, so who knows if it would even last that long to make a big deal out of it. Maybe it would be all okay, maybe it wouldn't.

Masa took offense to Reijo's last statement as he followed behind him, but understood. He couldn't accept traitors keeping him down or the weak holding him back. But there was a major flaw to this plan, which Masa would give to Reijo as friendly advice. "Trust me, I'm planning on making myself useful, but I will warn you out of friendly advice from an old man, sometimes being too bold may offend the wrong people. If this is as serious as we think it's going to be, we need all of the allies we can get. We don't want them turning against us." Masa put is as gently as possible, he couldn't offend the person who just let him in.

Masa's Strengths:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 pm

"Words from a weak man, not an old one. The more "allies" you take in, the more supplies you use, the more chance they have on turning on you. If you're not bold and blunt, then you can suspect a dagger in your back at any time. Remember that." Is words were rather mature, as if he'd been through various situations where this had happened before. Looking towards his guards, the two students would begin to close the gates once the man entered the grounds. They'd chain it up and lock it to make sure they were once again secure. "I will not judge your beliefs, Takao Masahiro. However, if you are not willing to work to find a way out of this lockdown with us, we will have to ask you to leave. There are surely people still out there that could use the space you occupy. We are already at our brink." Reijo place a hand in his pocket while letting the other hang freely. "In other words, do not waste my time. I expect results, Takao Masahiro. Now come with me." With that said, he'd lead the man into the building where he was allowed to stay for the time being. Reijo didn't particularly trust Masa, and would keep a stern eye on his actions. After all, this whole "I want to help people" could be an act to take advantage of his kindness. Tch, he wouldn't put it past some of the people in Port Island.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 pm

This kid was too mature for his own good. Masa figured that this bold maturity may get him into trouble easily, but it is a great quality of a leader. Masa understood Reijo's side on this issue. Even if he didn't fully agree with Reijo, they wanted the same thing: results. Masa wanted to get out of this situation as much as Reijo did, that was certain. He said to Reijo, "I want results as well, that's why I am going to give them to you. If I can produce results, that can only bring us a step closer to getting out of this situation." It seemed that Reijo and Masa had a few things in common. But nonetheless, Masa and Reijo were different. It was only to be expected. He followed Reijo in, taking note of all of the parts of the University and what it had to offer. He only hoped that Reijo would give him some explanation, there were a lot of things that he had to learn about if he wanted to stay with them.

[Exit, following Reijo and exploring the University]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]   Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning] Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a Nightmare [Day 1: Morning]
Page 1 of 1