Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Mission: Question Rinna EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Mission: Question Rinna EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Mission: Question Rinna EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Mission: Question Rinna EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Mission: Question Rinna EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Mission: Question Rinna EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Mission: Question Rinna EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Mission: Question Rinna EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Mission: Question Rinna EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Mission: Question Rinna

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

Mission: Question Rinna Empty
PostSubject: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:24 am

It was not too long ago when the team had gone into the alternate Lunapa to find the girls. When Naomi had first brought them back, she was worried for both of their health. However, she only had the time in her schedule for one of them. She trusted her teammates to talk to the other one and figure out how she was holding up. But she felt like the one that had the best chance to talk to Rinna. She wanted to make sure Lune was alright too, but she couldn’t be in two places at once. The real problem was going to be getting permission from the front desk to see her. She hated how uptight people were sometimes, but she supposed that was the only reason that Rinna wasn’t constantly being bothered by others. It was just something she would have to deal with. She would approach the front desk a little nervously, holding her head down and keeping her voice low so she wouldn’t draw attention to herself, “Umm… I’m here to see Rinna Lauderdale. I’m a friend of hers and I’ve been really worried since I heard she was found and brought here.” It wasn’t a complete lie. She really had been worried about Rinna since she was brought to the hospital. She was concerned for her health and wanted to make sure she would be alright. If the woman at the front desk asked her to confirm that she knew Rinna and wasn’t just the press trying to get in, she would continue speaking, “My name is Naomi. You can tell that to her and she can tell you that she knows me.” She didn’t know what else to say to prove that she was just here to make sure Rinna was alright.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:04 pm

The nurse looked at her and smiled. “It’s good that there’s still people who want to make sure she’s alright. She seems so sad, and hardly anyone goes to see her. She’s on the second floor, furthest room to the right. You’ll see a guard keeping watch over her, so I am sure if you just tell her, she’ll let you in.” the nurse said, before going back to her business.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Naomi would give the nurse a nod before heading to the room that she was told Rinna would be in. She wasn’t going to get discouraged that there was a cop watching over her. In fact, that made her a little happy. It meant that they were keeping an eye on Rinna to make sure that she stayed safe. Now all she had to do was get past those same defenses so that she could make sure that Rinna was really getting better. Her resolve was absolute. She would wander the floor until she found the room she was instructed to go to. She wouldn’t run headlong into the room, even though she wanted to. Instead she would calmly approach the room where the guard would be standing and speak up, “Hello. I was told that Rinna would be here. I’m a friend of hers and I was worried about her, so I came to see her now that she was doing better.” She was hoping she could get permission to go inside. If she didn’t, she would have to ask why she wasn’t allowed to see Rinna. If she were allowed to pass, she would try to remain calm as she entered the room, in case the girl was still groggy from whatever she likely had to be on to help treat that wound.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:43 pm

When Naomi approached the hallway that lead to Rinna's room, she'd see Officer Maya Briggs standing in front of the door. She had no idea why she was selected to perform this job, but she could not possibly say no to it. She was qualified to do it but just never got the chance to and was simply stuck watching over boat travels and boring stuff, but she was an "officer" technically speaking. At least here she had something to do. When she saw Naomi, her eyes squinted slightly, recognizing the girl from the description. "You are the one who brought Rinna Lauderdale and Lune Dalamar to the police yes? I recognize you. Ganguro girl with weird clothes. Mind if I ask you a few things? And I need your ID. I don't let people normally see Rinna," she asked amicably enough even though her words showed a severe lack of sensitivity that she may not have been aware of herself, though her face was an obvious mix of cold suspicion and interest as though she got her big break to get something interesting going. But it wasn't like many tried to see Rinna. Still, what were the odds that the witness herself would come to see the victim? What was she planning?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:49 am

The moment the police officer recognized her from the incident where she and her friends brought Rinna and Lune back, Naomi would swallow a hard lump in her throat. She was hoping that no one had noticed her during all the chaos. Although, she wouldn’t say she brought them to the police. She just teleported them out of an alternate world using a magical bead… That made her sound crazy though. There was something the woman said that made her eye twitch, however, “Actually, I’m not ganguro. I’m just darker with naturally blonde hair.” She would pull out her ID and hand it to the cop, “Umm… Can I ask who you are? I know you’re the officer watching Rinna, but what’s your name?” She really didn’t want to answer any questions, but she had a feeling that would be unavoidable. She would just have to keep calm and stay away from anything supernatural. Her eyes would turn away from the woman’s cold gaze. It was as if ice was being poured over her from that stare, “E-excuse me, but you’re looking at me like I just the last slice of cake.” She would pull a sucker out of her purse and offer it to the woman, “Do you want one?” She was trying to make nice, but she couldn’t tell if it was working. This situation actually terrified her.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh right. She could hardly tell the skin color she was. She did not come across blonde women with ebony skin often. In fact, it's never. There were some back in Japan, but she didn't stay there long. She was at least confused slightly by her offering of a sucker. She wanted to take it actually....hm....well, maybe later. She accepted her lollipop and put it into her black coat and examined her ID. "Officer Maya Briggs. I am here to make sure she's safe, so am I to assume that you are here to see her? May I ask why? Not many people have come to see her, so it's odd to see someone new," she said. She seemed both pushy, and a bit curious. Like maybe she could actually get something out of her. Or maybe she'd just be going to see her. Who knows, and who cares? But protocol is protocol after all, and she didn't want to lose her job.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 am

As scary as this situation was, Naomi would smile when the woman took the sucker. When she was given a name, she would light up, “Hello Officer Briggs.” She figured it was polite to address her by her last name rather than her first in this situation, “I’m Naomi Epona, but I guess you can read that on my ID… You must have been watching over her for days by this point. Thank you for keeping Rinna safe.” She would bow ever so slightly, since reaching out for a handshake could be seen as a threatening action at the moment, “And, yes, I am here to see her. Rinna is a friend of mine, so I’ve been worried about her. I would have come sooner, but I thought it would better for her to get rest for that wound she had.” Was that too much information? This woman was already aware that she was the one to find them, meaning she should know about the wound, “I should have brought you something besides a sucker. You’ve done so much for Rinna.” She suddenly felt bad for only bringing candy, “Do you like fish or Italian food? Maybe I can bring you something from Martha’s place sometime. I think she recently added some kind of asian chicken to the menu, but it’s supposed to be spicy.” Was food any better than candy? She would flip back to the topic at hand though, “Can I, maybe, see Rinna though? I’m sure she’s fine, but I would like to make sure.”
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

She sighed a bit. And here she thought she could get Naomi to talk a bit. Maybe she really was just a friend of hers. Well, whatever. "Alright. But don't be long, I have to make sure you're safe and all. So don't bug her much. If you get in trouble, I will have to throw you out," she said, opening the door into Rinna's room, letting her go inside. Maya herself would not join her, and remain outside, taking the sucker out and starting to eat it. In the hospital room if Naomi chose to walk in, she'd see a bandaged Rinna Lauderdale laying on the bed as a TV across from her was in a low volume, talking about the news. It wasn't hard for her to look to the side and sit up with a quiet wince.

Mission: Question Rinna Avatar11

"N-Naomi....you're here? What do you want? I...Thanks actually. Sorry. What happened? I just woke up in a hospital bed after I jumped in the water..." she knew that what they were talking about was potentially sensitive, so she wasn't exactly specific with her wording. She sighed, and looked down in complete shame. "I fucked up, real bad. You should've checked on Lune. How is she? I heard she was here, is she still okay?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Naomi would bow again, “Thank you, Officer Briggs.” As the door was opened for her, she would step inside, attempting to stay quiet. She was happy to see that Rinna was lying in the bed, watching TV. She would hold up her hand to signal to Rinna that she didn’t need to sit up, “If it hurts, you don’t have to do that. That injury needs to heal.” She would go up to Rinna’s bed and sit down in one of those chairs that hospitals always had. She’d give a small smile when Rinna thanked her, “You don’t have to thank me. As for what happened, I pulled you out of the water and we made our way back to the town so we could call for help. You and Lune were then brought here via helicopter.” She thought that was the least incriminating way to speak about it.

She would blush as she looked to the side, “Actually, I haven’t seen Lune yet. You two were separated, so I can only see one of you at a time. According to the news, she’s doing just fine. We’re lucky she got to the hospital so quickly. We’re lucky both of you go to the hospital so quickly.” She would point to her shoulder, the one that was equivalent to where Rinna’s wound was, “How is it doing, anyway? I was worried that you may have lost a lot of blood.” She would pull out her tablet and pull up a program so she could write. And how are you holding up now that you have a Persona? She didn’t want to say it out loud in case Officer Briggs was listening. She would pass the tablet to Rinna so that she could speak without having to say anything out loud either. As long as they kept up a normal conversation with their words and kept anything sensitive to the device, they could talk about anything. She would signal to Rinna to use the arm that didn’t hurt to write.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Despite Naomi's warning, Rinna still sat up. It was fine, the wound was just sore and stiched up, though her eyes were slightly moist and reflected in light, either from crying of the pain, or side effects from medication. No need to baby it anymore right? "But someone got Lune right?" if the answer was yes, she'd nod and let out a large breath, like she had just realized that she didn't need to worry anymore. Tension was gone, for now....at least until she mentioned the news, which made her sneer. "Tch. I don't believe news anymore. Not after all it tries to do to make up dumb stories that I hear about myself, Lune, and Lewis. They just make up lies to increase ratings. To hell with news," she said. She didn't answer when Naomi asked how she was doing, but when Naomi gave her her tablet that asked about her Persona, she started to look irritated, not necesarily at Naomi, but what the subject concerned. "I'm fine okay?" she said, using both her hands to type an answer, which didn't really hurther shoulder to do so. On the tablet it ready a simply phrase:

"I hate it."

"It's dumb and stupid," she would say before Naomi even had much of a chance to look at her answer. "I hate having this thing in my head. I can't even sleep at night cause it's in the back of my mind, I want it out, but it's still here, like I can't give it up. How the hell did you guys deal with it? Why can't everything be normal? What's wrong with just having a life similar to others? You don't have to be abnormal to live well. Stupid supernatural bullshit..." she said, getting quieter as she spoke. She rubbed her eyes with her good hand, drying them up, and then rubbing her eyes again...and again..and again...she could hardly get over it anymore, and kicked the end of the bed in anger. She reached for the tablet again, only taking it if Naomi let her. She made her message and grabbed the blanket that covered her and tried to rip it apart, but was too weak to do so, and tried to throw it off the bed. She reached for her sewed wound as if to hit it, but stopped at the last minute, quietly crying.

"Is it going to take my mind over? You have one right? What does it do? Can I get rid of it?"

Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:07 pm

She would nod to calm Rinna’s worries, “Yes. Lune was unconscious when the helicopter came for both of you, but someone did get her.” She didn’t want to mention how the girl stopped breathing for a bit, since she was fine when the two were taken away. She leaned bad in her chair and hummed as she thought about what Rinna said about the news, “I suppose that’s true. They’ve been all over the place with theories about what happened. I don’t think they would lie about how Lune is doing though. They have no reason to. As soon as you’re both allowed to leave, you can see how she’s doing for yourself, right? Then you’ll know for sure how she’s doing.” Maybe that would make Rinna feel better. She and Lune were both alright, she was sure of it.

Naomi would almost get a sad look to her face seeing Rinna suffering so much from this. She hated this situation. Rinna looked like she was going to lose her mind from having a Persona. However, her situation seemed different from Naomi’s. She never had to deal with Intertwined doing anything to keep her up or anything that was against her wishes. The two bears seemed to follow her instructions and desires to the letter. To have Rinna complain about her own Persona doing something so strange, she was puzzled. She reached out to rest her hand over Rinna’s good one as she lowered her voice and continue speaking, “I understand what you mean. This thing makes you different that everyone else, and that can be feel isolating, but they aren’t all bad. You saw what they are good for first hand. If it wasn’t for you, we may not have reach Lune when we did. You helped save her.” She didn’t know how Rinna would react to that, but she needed her to find something good in having a Persona, now that she was stuck with it. She couldn’t bring herself to tell Rinna how much she was actually starting to dislike them. They come along and changed the life you’ve gotten used to after so long. They invade your life and mess up what you know. They don’t appear to do anything but mess up your life. She was starting to hate their existence and what it meant for those who got involved with them. They only brought disaster for other people.

She would take back her tablet and write her response. Yes, I have one. They don’t appear to have any other purpose than to assist you when you try to fight. They can’t even take form in our world, it seems. As for getting rid of it, I don’t think you can. I haven’t found a way to do it myself, so I wouldn’t know. As soon as Rinna had time to read her words, Naomi would pose her next question: What did your Persona say to you right before you called it out for the first time? Maybe that will give you a hint as to its nature? She recalled Intertwined telling her that she could count on them to help. They hadn’t failed her yet, either.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:30 am

She quivered lightly after throwing her fit. She supposed she did save Lune, but at the cost of her going through so much pain and suffering; not even because of Lewis, but whatever was brought to him with these stupid powers. "Lune is hurt cause of this. Lewis isn't even what hurt her. Everything hurts people I care about...it always has to be others.." she lowered her head, tears streaming down her eyes, hardly attempting to hide it anymore. "You guys fought too hard for me. You should have just let me go on my own. I don't want to be different. I want to be like everyone else, have a normal life, argue normal things. You'll never convince me that it's nothing but hell in your head," she spat, looking at Naomi like she just spat out food at the table, a confused, and almost disgusted look. But even her eyes couldn't hold it, and she looked at the white floor and laid back on the bed, looking at the young ebony woman. She felt a little relieved that Naomi was here; she actually came to see her. She only got to see her parents and a friend that visited once. For some reason, her presence lifted her, especially when seeing Lune was out of the question. She was half tempted to yank the IV out of her arm and go see her anyway. Impulsive thoughts came by her from time to time, laying in this cold hospital bed.

With her one good hand, she started to type into the tablet without sitting up into the bed, giving an answer.

"It talks to me sometimes. She tells me I should get revenge, and she knows that I want it; and that scares me. It'll try to hum sometimes when I get mad or sad. But nothing else. It's like someone else put their mind in my own."

After the message, Rinna let her hand fall over the bed and hang over the floor, still letting Naomi look at the message. She stayed silent even as she looked.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 6:22 pm

She would continue to keep her voice low, despite Rinna’s obvious pain, “I know it may be hard to talk about, but think about it: would you going alone really have changed what’s happening now? If you had gone there alone, you would still have had to use the same method we did. Not only that, but you would have had to do all of that by yourself. We made it out because we worked together.” Naomi rummaged around in her purse attempting to find something so Rinna could wipe her eyes. She didn’t carry anything like that though. Instead, she looked around the room. Hospitals always had boxes of tissue lying around so they could prevent the spreading of the common cold or something like that. She stood up to get the box and brought it to Rinna’s bedside. She pulled out one of the tissues and handed it to her, waiting for her to take it, “Never say we fought to hard for you.” She went there wanting to save Rinna and Lune. She wanted to bring them home safely, and they did that. If Rinna said they fought too hard, that would be the same as saying that what they did wasn’t necessary. She would never say that. Ever, “I’m just happy you’re safe and doing well.” Her normal giant smile would return.

Someone else put their own mind inside of Rinna’s? That wasn’t how the Persona she knew worked. She had her suspicion that Rinna was somehow different, but now she knew for sure. Though, it didn’t sound like it was hurting Rinna physically, it was definitely putting stress on her mentally. I’ll see what I can find out about situations like yours, if you want. It may take a little while though. She let Rinna read the message before continuing on with the other reason she was here, besides to check on her. Forgive me, but I may have to ask a few questions so we can find the people really responsible for this mess. I can’t promise you revenge, but I can do my best to make sure we stop those people from doing anything else. Do you think you’re up for it? I’ll try not to ask anything too bad.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:29 pm

"What do you mean we? All I did was jump in while you guys did my work for me? And I couldn't even do that properly. But at least everyone is safe, I'm glad you're safe," she said, sighing heavily. The thought that Naomi would at least attempt to figure out what was going on with her did give her some reassurance. That voice in her head was silent at the moment, whch was nothing less than music to her ears. She nodded in response to Naomi's question, letting her ask away what she needed to know. "I don't know much, but maybe I have something."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 3:30 am

She shook her head when Rinna continued acting as if she hadn’t done anything, “You helped bring down those things that were getting in our way. Honestly, we may have been in some real trouble if you hadn’t. I don’t know if you noticed, but if you’re there for too long all of your strength gets sapped away. I’m sure by that point most of us were getting tired. If it weren’t for you, that one altercation would have taken even longer. Maybe you won’t ever believe me, but we were able to do what we did because we all worked hard.” The smile on her face never faltered as she spoke. She really believed that Rinna had helped. She brought those Shadows to their knees with one attack. She would blush a little when Rinna said she was glad that Naomi was safe, “I’m glad you’re safe too.” Her and Lune. She had been worried about them this entire time. The only thing that put her at ease was seeing them in front of her.

She was almost sad to get to the questions instead of just speaking with Rinna. She wanted to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, however. Let’s start from what is probably the beginning. How did you know that Lewis was likely trying to find Lune and once you knew that, how were you able to follow him into the other place? It should have been impossible for you to see where he went before what happened, so how did you manage to get there? She wanted to get these events in order so it would be easier to keep track of what happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Question Rinna   Mission: Question Rinna Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission: Question Rinna
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next