Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) Empty
PostSubject: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Coffee. Leander wasn't sure when was the last time he sat down to drink a cup of it. He used to go to coffee shops a lot while he still attended college, usually with some books in hand to pass the time. However, they rarely were books related to what he was studying at the time: he didn't enjoy reading books about practical engineering, after all. Instead, he usually carried a novel or history book around to entertain myself, and the coffee made it a great experience. So for old time's sake, Leander decided to go out and search for a good coffee shop in town.

It didn't take him long to find one. It looked like a decent store, with a neon sign on the front and music coming from the inside. They also seemed to sell a bunch of other stuff as well, and not just coffee, so Lean was free to ask for something else if he got hungry.

He walked in. The inside had a comfortable feel to it, and people weren't being too noisy, a perfect place for a guy that just wanted to read some books. Though usually he wore tattered clothes because he didn't care about looking good, that morning he had decided to go out with a slightly better set of clothes. Maybe because of that, no one looked at him weirdly as they used to do. Taking notice of a piano in one corner of the store, he took seat in a table close to it, hoping that someone would start playing a relaxing tune. He had heard music before entering, and he hoped that the same person would take a seat and play again.
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) 5NReJOs

The newcomer came right after Michael had decided to go on a quick break. Finishing a glass of tea he had produced for himself while the customer line was rather dead. He was one of the few active workers today, most of the others out doing Fall Related things for the upcoming holidays. He didn't mind, it wasn't an incredibly hard job to do after all. Seeing the newcomer, Leander, come in and merely take a seat though... Well, he wasn't getting paid to sit around and not tend to the customers. Sides, he had a few moments before his next show.

He sat down his glass, picking up a pen and one of the sheets he wrote orders down on. He was a rather welldressed individual himself, in honesty. A suit and tie attire, much like one would see at a Ball or Gala or the like. Not for an every day attire. Let alone the sharp edged shades he wore. When he approached Leander, he bit back every ounce of his loathing nature to keep his smile present. "Welcome, Welcome, to Spencer's Coffee Shop. Anything in particular you feel like having? Our special right now is the Pumpkin Latte." Oh god he hated plugging the specials...
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Someone from the shop had come to his table. he was a really well-dressed young man, looking almost out of place inside the shop. Leander felt a big contrast between his sloppy choice of clothing and the suit and tie the other wore. The waiter flashed a smile, and then asked the traveler what he wanted to have. Leander gave the Pumpkin Latte some thought, but decided against it, as it sounded expensive.

"A cup of black coffee will do." Leander answered. "Also, a tuna sandwich if you have 'em. If not, any other type will do." His hand reached for the backpack that he had left aside when he sat down. From one of the upper pockets, he retrieved a small book, a novel that he recently acquired from a shop a few blocks away. It was an old and cheap book that would fall apart if not handled with care, but Leander couldn't resist the urge of reading books like that. "Oh, one more thing: is someone going to play something on this soon?" His finger pointed at the piano. "I'm in the mood for some music."
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:50 pm

As he wrote down the order, he had to take a quit pause at that question. It was... Well, for lack of a better term? The best question he had heard all night. He smiled to himself, before speaking. "The Sandwich will take a little bit, but we do provide it. As for the music, I'm sure that our local pianist will be putting on a show momentarily... I'll be back with your order one moment. A sly grin painting his lips as he would glide his way to the back. The coffee was simple, he just had to pour it. As for the Sandwich? It took a bit longer, since he wasn't one of the normal chegs for lack of a good term for it.

None the less, he returned shortly after. Sitting down both the plate, a cup of warm and fresh coffee, and the bill for the order. They took payment upon leaving, with a high level of trust in their customers. You know, the old fasioned kind of place that took washing dishes as legal tender. It was then when he took his turn towards the piano, sitting down infront of it as he lightly cracked his knuckles. HE pulled on a pair of leather gloves after, tapping the keys a few times to grab the attention he wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/v/69lx6TvQTFg?version=2&autoplay=1&hd=1&theme=red&loop=1" />

His fingers moved elegantly. Never once skipping a beat or pausing out of crowd fear. His eyes were closed behind the shades, feeling the music within him rather then having to know what keys were where. As he knew many of his clientele came from hipster/geek like backgrounds, he chose a song... well, out of a quick search for something these people loved. Though, given the original song was heavilly rock and symphonic.. He knew no one would catch it at first listen. Lean asked for music, after all...
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 pm

After a few pages into the story, Leander gazed away from the book to see the waiter leaving the sandwich and coffee on the table, along with the bill. He stretched his arm to take the bill and check how much it was. A bit more expensive than he had expected, but yesterday had been a profitable day, so he could afford that much. The coffee smelled nice, and the sandwich looked tasty. Leander thanked the waiter with a nod of his head before taking a sip from the cup. Black Coffee... truly the best type of coffee; without sugar or cream. Ever since Leander took a liking to it (mostly because it was the best at making him feel awake), he had never ordered anything else.

Leander's face showed genuine surprise when the waiter sat in front of the piano. So HE was the local musician, huh? As he played the piece, the traveler easily noticed how skilled he was: Leander was no music expert, but that alone was proof enough of the kid's ability at the piano. He returned his sight to the pages of his book, and fortunately enough he had reached a tense part in the story, which fit the mood set by the waiter's piece.

"Hey, that was pretty amazing." Leander clapped for a few seconds after the young man was finished with the 4-minute song; he was sitting close enough to the piano for the other to hear. "I didn't expect to find such a good player in a shop like this... oh, I'm not trying to offend the shop. It's just... surprising, to say the least. Was that piece original, by any chance? For some reason I doubt it's just a song I don't know." Leander flashed a brief smile before taking another sip of his cup.
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:39 pm

He was standing up and coming out of the musical high he was in for that period. It was always a sense of euphoria that he felt when he played music, sort of just channeling nothing but his emotion into every pore, every inch of who he was until the song was over. The newcomer was speaking to him, as he was able to pick up the last bit of what was being said. Michael made a show to stand closer to his table while he amended his attire and his consciousness.

"Mmm... I'd like to say so. It's my Piano rendition of a popular cartoon's music. One Attack on Titan. I like to try to please our clientele with songs they may recognize, as it tends to set a more enjoyable mood than if I merely played outright. I'm here for the customers, afterall. Though anyone with ears could hear the heavy sarcasm with that last line. He was here because it was the only place he could do everything he loved. Equally, his mood from when he had directly served Leander had changed. Less of the faux service act, and now a more... Heavy, confident tone to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 pm

"I... see." Leander couldn't say he had ever heard of that popular cartoon: they never interested him, and it had been a long time since he last sat down to watch television. He was a man that prefered to immerse himself in books and knowledge before movies and TV shows, but he didn't think badly of those that enjoyed them: they simply weren't part of his interests.

He noticed the sarcasm behind the pianist's words. The young man clearly wasn't there 'for the costumers': he probably played simply because he wanted to play. Leander was beginning to see part of his true nature, but he couldn't claim that he saw it all. The way he talked, however, reminded him of how royalty or noble-blood fellows would act. It was interesting, to say the least.

"Certainly, your clientele does look like it'd enjoy themes from cartoon shows, but obviously, that's not all you know how to play." Leander placed a hand on his chin, making it seem as if he was thinking hard about something. "How about this? Why don't you play something else? Something you really want to play? I'd believe you are free to do that, at least for one song." And then he'd show the young man a sly smile. "A humble costumer's request."
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:21 pm

The request came off to him as a challenge. Crossing his arms as he thought about it. There was one he had been playing at home when he had the chance... Maybe it was time to sit down and give it a test run. It was a bit unusual for him to perform twice in a row, let alone in the same hour... But this one had actually impressed him by being bold enough to ask him to play again, and something not for them.

When he say down THE SONG HE CHOSE was not quick paced, or upbeat. It was soft, touching, and melodic. He closed his eyes again, his body moving more fluidly than when he was playing from memory, more now playing from his heart and soul. It was a hauntingly beautiful shift to what had occured last time.
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 12:52 am

As the music began, Leander shifted his eyes back to the old pages of his book. He didn't intend to ignore the musician; on the contrary, while moving his eyes through the beautifully written words, he increased his level of concentration, ignoring anything that didn't belong to the world inside the book and the song that accompanied it. The particular piece was a tad bit longer than the last one, but more beautiful, in sync with the feelings with the player. Leander could feel himself being soothed by the melody and enjoying every second of it.

The waiter's fingers touched the final note. Silence consumed the store for a few seconds, but the rest of the costumers returned to their usual chatter after a while. Leander closed his book again, having finished a chapter during those 5 minutes, and looked at where the young musician stood.

"That was a good piece." He'd compliment him with those words. "I could feel some 'soul' behind it, if you get me. I only I could have a tune like that in the background everytime I picked up a book." Leander would let out a sigh.
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:01 am

There was a brief smirk in response before he would stand up. Gathering his being up once more before turning back to Leander. Crossing his arms, he decided to indulge in the conversation for a bit. "If you're attempting to build up my ego so I let you go on the check it won't work. Prettier men than you have tried." Walking to take the seat beside Leander, pulling it back before taking perch. The kitchen and the like would be fine for now, after all no one was really pressing for refreshments.

"What most people don't appreciate about music is that it takes a lot of time, practise, and expression to produce anything other then just bland sound, wub-wub crap, or the sound of a sander against a chalkboard..." Holding his hands together and resting them on the table as he kept his gaze down to the table.
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am

"It's the difference between emulating a song and truly playing a song, right? I remember reading something about it on a book, long ago." He didn't mind sharing a table with the pianist: having a good chat with someone over a cup of coffee was sometimes better than being alone with only a novel at hand, after all. Another sip at the beverage, and then a bite at the sandwich. Little by little, his food was disappearing from his plate, and soon there'd be nothing left.

"I'm kind of jealous." Leander said afterwards. "I never had the ability or the imagination to dedicate myself to the arts: I discovered early on that 'creating' stuff is not one of my strong points. However," he patted the closed book at his side, "I'm good at analyzing and appreciating, so I have that going for me."

"May I ask where and how you learned how to play?" The wanderer was mildly curious about it.
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Michael listened to the other talk, politely, before pulling the ashtray on the table near. The place was smoker friendly, and had decent ventillation so that the smoke wouldn't bother people. It was one of those rare places you could still do that, with all of the bans on smoking going around. Michael pulled out a thin cigar, and a lighter. Lighting it as he listened, before exhausting the smoke away from his conversation partner.

When I was young, my family decided I needed a hobby. So, we found out our butler at the time did Classical Piano. So, we set up lessons, increased his pay, and he broke me from being a lazy and stubborn little sh*t into playing like I do now. If only he could have taught me how to cook because I really loathe being in the kitchen if I can help it..." All of which was said matter-of-factly. He didn't care at all to express he came from rich roots.
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Leander wasn't bothered by people smoking around him, as he had been quite the fan of cigarettes a few years ago; he left them when he began to fear that developing an addiction may have ended up being taxing to his wallet. Though he managed to overcome the temptation of fully going back to it, he still smoked from time to time whenever he felt really stressed.

"So you come from a wealthy family. Kinda saw that one coming. Meanwhile, I'm just a simply wanderer with a part-time job as a pedler that barely makes enough to eat and sleep. Not that I'm complaining though: at least now I'm not forcing myself to dedicate my time to something I hate." Leander sighed, looking again at the cigarette in the other's hand. "Say, would you happen to have a cig to share? It's been a while since I last had a smoke."
Back to top Go down
CyMakhai

CyMakhai

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 am

Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) R5uKWLK
Michael looked over at him, pulling out the small box he had in his pocket. Half of it was the large Cigars, then some like what he was smoking, then a few of the Cigars that were wrapped like a cigarette. Michael didn't smoke cigerettes. Never did. He prefered a Cigar. It lasted longer, it burned stronger, and it usually left him more satisfied afterwards.

"No Cigarettes. Will a cigar do? I mean... The Red Bucks are probably the safer of them if you don't normally smoke Cigars, since its like what you are normally used to. I mean... I just don't like cigerettes... They are a very, very short lived pleasure... Unlike Music...
Back to top Go down
Leander Arni

Leander Arni

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:51 pm

"A cigar will do. I don't normally smoke them, but not because I dislike them. I mean, just look at me." The man would open his arms, showing the pianist his plain clothes and the many stains that years of use had left in them. "It's clear that I'm not the wealthiest person around here. In fact, I stopped smoking as much as I once did because of how much money I had to waste every month just to satisfy my vice."

Leander took one of Michael's cigars, lit it and began to smoke it. The taste was certainly different, but good nonetheless.

"Besides, after leading my type of lifestyle, you begin to feel guilty about using your money in 'mundane pleasures'." With one hand he waved in the air the book he was just reading. "Buying books and stuff to study, however, doesn't make me guilty. A 'healthy pleasure' of sorts."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)   Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more) Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Coffee (Makhai, 1 more)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next