Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

That's what a church is for (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

That's what a church is for (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 11:37 pm

This cathedral was meant for people who were seeking something out of religion. Naomi was not a religious person though. Not the Christian religion at least. She was more of the ‘the gods are all around us and in nature’ type. Well, sort of. It was confusing. But she needed guidance and this place worked for that too. She would take a seat and stare around the building. For some reason, being in a place where an all-powerful, all-knowing cloud giant could see you made her feel both calm and incredibly anxious. Did that mean he could see when she tripped on her face that one time her mother brought her here when she was five? Because that was incredibly embarrassing and she would rather believe that no one saw it. Oh well. She would look around to make sure she was alone before she finally went into one of the pews and sat down. The last thing she needed was for someone to see her actually doing this. She’d slowly fall to her knees and press her palms together. That was the tradition in this kind of place, and she could at least honor it. She’d look up the ceiling and exhale deeply. Man, she was praying to a god she didn’t even believe in, expecting some kind of answer. How desperate was she that she had to do this instead of just praying in her own room like she usually did? That didn’t matter now. All she needed by this point was a miracle. Who knew? Maybe the Christian god was real and did do things for free. Couldn’t hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:29 am

Talk about strange. Because as it was, it was indeed fairly strange. Sharaku did not seem like the type to hang out around a place like this. And he really wasn't, so that way of thinking was justified. Why was he here then? Curiosity could be a good answer, as long is it's acceptable. He and believing in a God were sporting quite the distance on the spectrum. He would not say he was biased in any way, but with his life, he had never been given mich reason to believe in miracles. Then again, he had never attempted to pray either. Was that the problem? Ah, he would never know at this point, would he? Starting now was not what he was really considering, but the idea of people doing it frequently was.....mildly intriguing. If he were to say so, anyway. He couldn't deny that he had at some point wondered whether this actually ever worked out for anyone, or it was simply a waste of time for desperate people. Sadly, he could not answer this question himself, and peeking about was probably a little lame, but he had nothing better to do with his time.

That all, and you know what? This cathedral actually looked sort of fancy. Not that he was supposed to be noticing THAT. It really was hard for him to get at the concept of godly, wasn't it? Hah, either way a little poking here and there couldn't really hurt. He wasn't going to...truly do anything, if he were to answer truthfully. Of course, doing nothing still constituted of....Oh, hey, it actually looked like he was not alone around here. Figures, people came to pray here...unlike someone who was just nosing about right now. Sharaku was considering laughing at himself for his stupid thoughts, until he realized one thing. The figure was fairly familiar. ''......'' Hm, maybe this little trip wasn't the best idea. This was not exactly something he would want to dip himself in. Till now, he had been pretty much quiet, and he wasn't the one to stomp around, so she probably wouldn't have noticed him with the way she was focused on other things at the moment. And he was going to stay that way. Him not being into this and all didn't mean he was rude enough to interrupt people. He would lean against a nearby wall casually, remaining quiet. Ugh, hopefully his clothes wouldn't rub something off. White was so much harder to keep check on than black. But he had not worn a suit since his hair had gotten long. He simply couldn't stand the weird way he looked in it with that little addition. He even put up with slightly 'wtf' looks some people gave him when seeing him in his current outfit. Yes, well, it wasn't what one would usually expect of him. But he sorta liked that coat, as strange as it was. Back on point though. Naomi most likely wouldn't notice him, until she looked around. Or better put, anywhere else than forward, as he was somewhere to the side of her. And he would wait until she did so, if. Not being a smartass in this didn't mean he thought it was okay to bug people when they were in the middle of their thing.......
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:19 pm

She would keep staring at the ceiling waiting for literally anything to happen. At this point she would take being struck with lightning. At least that way she would know someone was listening to her. Maybe she should have stuck to her own gods. At least part of their rule was that they didn’t answer humans. She didn’t even know what she had been expecting. Probably a ray of light through the ceiling or something. Or maybe another voice in her head (preferably less murderous this time). Whatever she was expecting to happen didn’t. She sighed as she decided that this had been a waste of time. At least if she had stayed in her own room, she wouldn’t have had to feel like a complete idiot coming here. This was turning out just peachy. She stood back up, ready to leave this place and call this trip a bust, when she noticed that she wasn’t alone anymore. It was only out of the corner of her eye, but she could tell who it was in almost a second. Only one person looked like that. She turned her head toward him to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, and then turned it to the ground when her suspicion was confirmed. She began muttering under her breath. Of course someone who knew her had to catch her doing this. She would never live this down. She look up at him again, attempting to avoid direct eye contact, “You can always sit, you know. Unless you’re trying to avoid me.” She fell back onto the pew with a giggle, “Honestly, I never expected to see you here. It just doesn’t seem like your place. Then again, what do I know?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:46 am

Sharaku kept leaning against the wall leisurely until Naomi decided to look over at him for a moment. Surprisingly sooner than he expected, but he wouldn't give any reaction until she spoke up to him. He would give her a laidback smile. ''Avoid? Why would I? I simply enjoy standing.'' That, and he had no reason to interrupt her back then. Standing aside had seemed like a much better option than going to plop down somewhere, and possibly disturb her. As well as him not really wanting to do anyting along the lines of actually praying. Which meant that standing was...preferable for now. Still, he would walk over to stand closer to her, at least. The fact that she giggled before her next sentence only assured him that he probably appeared lame being here. She was pretty much spot on though, and he couldn't deny that. This was NOT his kind of place. Not by a long shot.

''Truth? I didn't expect to see myself here either. You're right about that, this is not where I normally spend my time. And probably even shouldn't.'', he would give her a thin smile along with his answer. It was actually a good question. Should he? He had never prayed before, and as he was now, was there any point? He had been through enough hell already, and he doubted he was going to avoid more even if he gave it a go. For him, there was really no actual point by now, at least he believed so. Not that Naomi had any way to know that. He probably just sounded a bit weird with what he said. Well, whichever way it is....
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:29 am

Naomi would blow him a raspberry in protest, “Enjoy it or not, I can’t imagine that your legs are particularly fond of standing up all day. You may want to give them a break every now and again. Unless you want them to be sore.” It was clear from the tone in her voice that she was joking. Sharaku could stand if he wanted. It wasn’t like she could tell him what to do with his life. She would lean forward so that her elbows rested on her knees when he finally decided to get closer. She would nod when he mentined that this was not his sort of place. She understood the feeling, “I get it. Honestly, I only come here because it’s usually quiet. No tourists, no loud noise, the pretty interior, and, if you come at the right time, no people at all.” She shrugged, “I usually bring something to do though. Being in her can get pretty boring when you’re on your own.” She had almost missed his very last statement, but would look up at him with a questioning look on her face, “What do you mean you shouldn’t?” That was a bit of a weird statement. As far as she knew, anyone was allowed inside holy ground, so long as they weren’t planning to cause trouble, “I may be getting the entire church thing wrong, considering this isn’t really my thing, but that just sounds a tad off. Are you a different faith, or have you never done anything wrong your entire life, or are you secretly the anti-Christ and are in horrible inside the cathedral walls.” She laughed at that last one, since it was so absurd. She was just wondering what his reasoning was.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 am

Sharaku would laugh a little at Naomi's reaction. Sore legs, huh? That was the last thing that would bother him, to be completely honest here. ''Fair point. But I can't say I stand up all day, so it should be fine, no?'' Standing was nice, he liked to walk around after all, but he didn't do that for the whole day. He sure as hell wasn't standing around when he was at his apartment. What would be the point of doing that? It was an amusing image though. He was not going to start practicing it on the other hand. He still liked sitting fine enough, thank you.

''I see. It makes sense. There aren't many places nowadays that are considered quiet.'' Hoards of people were just about everywhere in this age. It truly wasn't easy to find a moment of peace, especially right when you wanted it. ''I don't mind boredom that much. You can say I'm used to being on my own.'', he would say, giving his own slight shrug. Yes, being bored happened to him, sure, but not really in that sense. It just...was. Nothing more, nothing less. That nonwithstanding, she simply had to catch his last sentence, did she not? But, he figured it was his own fault for saying that. He really should avoid being that casual sometimes. It knew how to backfire on him.

Naomi was joking it off, yes, but he could only wish this was really nothing serious at all. Normally, he would respond to a joke in a similar way, or at least give a smile, or an indication that he caught it...depending on how much it amused him. This time, it was probably obvious it didn't put him in much of a jokester mood, as he turned his gaze to the side for a while, being almost eerily quiet. What was he supposed to tell her now? This was really becoming troublesome by now. Sharaku was aware that he would have to go out with these things to all of them eventually, but that made it no easier. He had already talked to Hyde about this, and it went fairly well, but Naomi was something else. He had no idea how would she react. But...Tsk, well, time to play it cool. Though it was a bit too late to appear like it was nothing, as he had already reacted in a way that suggested something was not entirely right. Ah, damn. He liked to say he thought before he did something, but the opposite tended to sadly happen just when he did not really need it. Joy.

''Maybe you are, maybe not. Let's just say that there's way too much wrong with my life.'', he would look back at her eventually, after having a small monologue in his head with himself. He would give her a sigh, before speaking up again. ''Besides, it is usually humans praying to a God, no?'', he would ask, a bit of a rhetorical question. A very vague one, in fact. It was pretty much up to Naomi how would she interpret that. As much as he would have liked to avoid mentioning anything, if he had to, he would not go about it straight at once. Hadn't he done so with Hyde as well? Force of habit, probably.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Naomi would shake her head. She and Sharaku had different philosophies about boredom. She personally couldn’t stand it. No matter what she was doing, she just couldn’t let it bore her, “Yeah. I admit that I like the quiet here. Just don’t come on Sundays or any holidays. People suddenly get religious and pour in by the dozens.” She had learned that the hard way. At least no one was really alone during those times. But, it sounded like he was used to it. Being alone and all, “What about Violet Soul? Isn’t he with you?” She wasn’t exactly sure how the whole talking weapon thing worked, but it seemed like they were always together. She couldn’t imagine being so used to being alone. Well, he didn’t exactly say alone. He said being on his own, but they sounded the same to her, “I thought you two got along.” For all she knew, they were constantly fighting.

That wasn’t the biggest thing though. She had been joking about the anti-Christ thing, but he didn’t seem to find it as funny as she did. What the heck was going through his head? She cold feel something wrong with this situation, but she couldn’t tell exactly what. She’d look up at him with a single eyebrow raised, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but don’t try to act like it’s nothing.” She could read people’s emotions, and she could tell that there was something wrong, “And last I checked, I don’t think here’s a rule about who can and can’t pray to a god; human or not.” Did he not think of himself as human or something? She knew plenty of people who thought like that, but they were usually crazy. She didn’t think of Sharaku as crazy. Well, no more crazy than any other person the world had to offer, "Besides, Intertwined isn't human. Then again, they don't pray... Forget what I just said. There was no point to that."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Well, she needn't really worry in his case. There was a fairly small chance he would be coming back here any often. No particular reason to do it on those certain days, if he ever chose to. ''Trust me, I wouldn't.'', he would comment offhandedly. It was already established that this was not a place he would ever frequent, so the point was pretty much moot. ''....'' She surprised him a bit there. Sharaku did not expect Naomi to counter his statement about being alone in this way. Though she did have a fair point. Then again, it wasn't that he really conversed with the annoying Shadow unless he had to. He was not very fond of reminders when it came to this stuff. Getting along wasn't exactly the term he would use in their case. Moreso along the lines of 'There isn't really a choice, so what?'. That actually summarized it pretty well. ''Well, yes, you are right. He's not really the 'kind' of companion one would generally want to have around by choice though. I'd say we only sort of get along because we have to.'', he would respond, a slight amount of sarcasm in his voice. It's been four years already. If they weren't 'friends' by now, he doubted they would ever really be. Not that he was sure he'd want that, in all honesty.

...She was obviously catching on well. This might just end up being a very long day. ''Point taken. I failed at playing pretend, I guess.'', he would give her a wry smile. He did not really even get to try to pretend, but that didn't truly matter right now. ''You actually checked...?'', he would start up, a bit randomly, before shaking his head. ''Nevermind, not the point. I just mean that it makes more sense for a human to do something like that.'' Did it not? That, and he was rather sure that Violet Soul would not enjoy this kind of activity. And he did not feel like getting bitched at for trying. It wasn't worth it. When she mentioned her Persona and how it wasn't human and all, he would give a dry laugh. ''You have no idea, but it actually may have more point than you think.'' Yes, Personas and Shadows were different...but he figured there was at least some thing they had in common, if nothing else. Both were inhuman, and had those powers. That was enough for now. ''Speaking of which, I suppose I could tell you if you want. It would come out eventually either way. Your choice. A warning though, it may not be easy to wrap your mind around.'', he would jump back to the subject of talking about what was wrong, as she had offered him a choice a moment ago. ''Actually.....maybe not...If Hyde took it the way he did....Hah...he is one of a kind though....'', he would mutter briefly, before giving another shake of his head. ''Well, that aside, what will it be? Want to play talk?'', he would ask, in an almost playfull manner, although the smile on his face did not exactly match the mood. He did not look any close to being actually happy, when considering his expression. This was really going to be long....Why did he even come here in the first place...?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:39 pm

“If you and he aren’t that close why do you even hang out?” She couldn’t fathom being around someone you only got along with because you had to. Then again, she didn’t exactly know what their relationship was. She had thought it was similar to her relationship with Intertwined, but Violet Soul seemed to think for himself. Intertwined didn’t appear to be able to do that. They just did what she said when she said without questioning, “Actually, I don’t think I want to know that answer. He may get angry at me.” She’s laugh at that. She didn’t want a weapon to be angry with her. That cold only spell trouble. Naomi would turn her head up to him with a playful smile on her face, “Nope.” She started looking through her purse for a stick of gum. She would hold out a piece to him, waiting for him to take it. If he didn’t, she would just take her own and plop it into her mouth. As she began chewing it, she would stare at him again, “I don’t want to play when it comes to the people that matter. If you tell me, that’s your choice, not mine.” She wouldn’t force him to tell her. That was all up to him, “Whenever you feel like telling me, I’ll listen, but I’m not going to make you.” That was just the kind of person she was. No reason to invade his personal life. Even though it seemed like she already had. She never meant to drag things up, and he obviously wasn’t ready to talk bout it. She did want to know, but she could wait. That decision was all his, and she wouldn’t rush him. He did seem rather… strange when he said it though. It was like the emotions on his face and the one in his voice were completely contradicting each other. She had to be honest, it worried her.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 am

Sharaku would give Naomi a slightly raised eyebrow when she asked her next question, and proceeded to retract it rather quickly with a funny reason. He doubted the Shadow would really get angry over this. There was no point in that anymore, as it would not solve anything. And even if Violet Soul was a bit of a dick at times, the Shadow wasn't that much interested in creating an argument like this. Which meant he could as well answer her. The answer itself was simple after all. ''It's fine. I can tell you this, it's a simple answer. We do, because we're pretty much stuck together.'' As disheartening as that was at times. But, you can get used to anything. Even an arrogant Shadow, when you have no choice in that matter.

He would give her an almost questioning stare when she offered him the gum, but he would take it. Instead of doing what she did, however, he would sort of play around with it, tossing it up in the air, and catching it as it fell, back and forth. It actually gave him a sort of distraction while talking. That was never a bad thing. He would be quiet for a while after she made her decision, before giving her a pretty much unamused look. Wouldn't it be a bit boring like that? ''I said play, because I think it might be easier to not just throw it all at you at once.'', he would say, offering a sort of a bitter smile. He would catch the piece of gum firmly in his hand for now, not throwing it around anymore. ''You're pretty laidback aren't you? But, I suppose it's better to just get this over with now. I would have to tell you this eventually, or you would just find out at some point of time by yourself, which might not be a very pleasant option, trust me.'' It was indeed better if he could at least somewhat control the situation at hand, was it not? Giving her a bit of a crooked smile, Sharaku would ask her a question. ''Well, this may be the easiest way to start this, since you already seemed curious about that....What do you think about Violet Soul? Feel free to answer as you wish, no one will be getting angry.'' He added that last part, since she seemed worried back then. He wanted to know what she honestly thought. He figured she was at least aware he was not like a Persona, but a certain answer would be much better to work with.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 am

“Stuck together?” In her mind, she was imagining super glue and a horrible accident. She knew it had to be more complicated than that, but she couldn’t think of anything at the moment. For some reason, chewing gum shut off her brain. She blamed it on the slew of movies she watched growing up, where only vapid idiots chewed the stuff. For some reason, it immediately caused her intelligence to hide somewhere in the back of her mind. She gave him another shrug, “Go ahead and toss, if you want. This is your secret, and it’s your prerogative how you deal with it.” She was pretty laid back when it came to this kind of situation. Sometimes people just needed someone to listen to them without judgment. She would be here for him if that was all. She would think about how to describe the weapon, “Violet Soul is really helpful, if not arrogant. He seems to have a bit of an attitude problem, but not unjustly so. I mean, you and he are really good against the Shadows, so I can’t complain.” She couldn’t really say much else about him. He had only ever spoken while they were in the other worlds, so she couldn’t say much. The only thing she knew for certain that he was a talking weapon. It didn’t bother her though, “You’re making a really big deal out of this already. I’m getting goose bumps just thinking about what you’re going to tell me.” She wouldn’t laugh. She was going to hear him out until the very end.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 am

''Along those lines, yes.'' Sharaku would say simply, when Naomi echoed his words back at him. That was the easiest way of putting it in words. He figured it was possible to....Nevertheless, it would probably not be a good idea. That, and it was already moot to try by now, since they were dealing with the supernatural more significantly than ever. At times, he was certainly rather bemused by that. He surely had not wished to get into anything like this again. Fate, however, apparently doesn't like him too much. With her next words, he would only nod at her neutrally. She was indeed pretty laidback about this. Well, at least he didn't have to listen to tirades like with Hyde, though he was not entirely sure which option was better in light of these events. That said, he was going to keep asking her, so she would have to talk at least in some way. Naomi did not seem like one to react too brashly, but caution was for the better when dealing with something like this. Or maybe he just liked making people guess at what he was talking about. It did, in a way lighten his mood, mainly when talking about dark things.

When she gave her thoughts about Violet Soul, he would actually laugh a little. Oh well, this might take a while. He had not exactly meant his question in that manner. ''Not really the kind of answer I was looking for, but I can't deny you're right with most of what you said.'' Then again, they were obviously thinking on different lines, so he couldn't blame her for taking his question in a different angle he originally meant it to be. ''We'll see what you think at the end of this.'', he would toss at her, almost jokingly, when she said he was making a big deal out of it and all. It really depended on one's mindset, so it was not his to know how would she take it in stride. ''Back to the point though. I suppose I should try this a little differently. What do you think about Shadows, since you already mentioned that briefly....?'' In a way, he hoped this would get him a more direct answer to what he was inquiring about. She did say she had no reason to complain about Violet Soul, as he did well against Shadows, which was a bit of a funny contradiction here. So, let's see how this works out....
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 10:12 pm

She would move the piece of gum to the side of her mouth and just let in sit in the corner, “You asked what I thought about him. I thought you meant that you wanted an honest answer.” She didn’t understand what the question was if that wasn’t it. As for what she thought about Shadow, “Can’t say I’m the biggest fan. Shadows tend to try and kill me when I run across them.” That was all she knew of them. Personally, she would prefer to walk around them and not have the snot beaten out of her, but they seemed to be everywhere. It was a bit annoying, “Then again, I usually let Intertwined throw rocks at them before thinking about it, so I probably shouldn’t complain.” That thought got to her all of a sudden. Would they still be as violent if you didn’t show animosity? Maybe they were actually just defending their homes, like a tiger protecting its own territory from hunters. That thought made her tilt her head a bit. Was she actually the bad guy in invading the place they lived and thinking they shouldn’t attack her. That thought was quickly overridden by the knowledge that they had also come into her home before. Whatever questions she had about what the actual relationship between Shadows and their activity were soon crushed by that realization. She wanted to understand what was actually going on here, but she was terrified that stopping to think about it would bring more trouble than anyone needed. Gods, her head was aching now. Morality was not something people came to her for. She was just as likely to vote for violence as she was for peace.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 6:30 am

''I did...Just..Well, nevermind. I probably should have phrased that question differently from the beginning.'' Yes, he had wanted a honest answer, just from a slightly different angle. It was fine though, and he probably just should have made the question more clear. Regardless, it didn't matter that much. He would solve this in a different manner eventually. Also, did she mean she didn't really know what to think about Shadows? Not a fan, but she shouldn't complain because she attacks them too. Hm, a really interesting way of thinking. Though he was pretty sure they would be hostile even without prompting. They generally were. He would tilt his head at Naomi thoughtfully. ''So, I suppose, I can assume that you generally do not like them?'' The way she had put it did raise a few question marks, so it would be best to at least confirm. Even if he sort of expected her not to. He didn't think he had ever met a person who liked them. At least not so far.

That nonwithstanding, he was vaguely wondering why had she not asked him what those questions were for yet. Because he probably sounded weird to be asking her stuff all the time, when he was supposed to be explaining something to her. But, it worked well for him if she didn't care. And it only meant she would have more coming her way. Therefore, regardless of how she answered his previous inquiry, he would turn to her with another one. ''Hm, let's say...you'd have to spend for example 24 hours with a Shadow, without really fighting it. Just..sort of hanging out. How would you feel about that?'', he would ask, with a slightly amused smile. For some reason, his own question struck him as somewhat funny. Either way, he ws curious as to how would she answer that. It would surely be worth hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm

She would stare at him dully, “I never said that. I just wish they wouldn’t try to kill me as a hobby.” If they stopped, I think they could make great pals. Not the kind you call on the weekend to hang out, but still decent. Probably closer to that one person you met in math class and befriended because the two of you didn’t know anyone else. Yeah, she could work with that. Too bad none of them seemed to act that way. She would enjoy sitting down and finding out what they did to pass the time. She couldn’t imagine it was that fun just hanging out in a maze all day. Sharaku asked what she’d do if she had to spend all day with a Shadow. What did this hypothetical situation have t do with anything? Then it hit her. Naomi would nod, finally understanding what was going on, “Violet Soul is a Shadow. Got it.” She probably should have had a bigger reaction than that, but she didn’t mind. Just because he was a Shadow didn’t make him evil. After all, he fought beside them. Like she said, she didn’t hate Shadows. She just hated the ones that thought it was a good idea to try and beat her up, “And for your information, I hang out with Intertwined all the time. Believe it or not, I have the house to myself most of the day.” Except, Intertwined didn’t see to do much. Usually, she just sat on her bed and stared at them. She really wished that they were more active than that. Then a second thought it her, “Wait… Does that mean Shadows can posses objects and blend into their surroundings?” That was wonderful. As long as a wooden spoon didn’t come to life and start beating her or shooting lightning at her, se was okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's what a church is for (OPEN)   That's what a church is for (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

That's what a church is for (OPEN)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next