Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Rare Excursion(Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

A Rare Excursion(Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am

This place is disgusting. That's what Kogoro was thinking as he stepped foot into the bustling district. The dilapidated buildings were either cracked, crumbling, or just gone altogether, leaving ruins in their wake. Rain was coming down, the sound of water against stone was heard everywhere, only drowned out slightly by the sound of conversation. He was wearing a sort of disguise. He had on a plain grey hoodie over his clothes and baggy track pants. He found the jacket on the ground, with no one around to keep it so he took it. The pants, he found in a gutter, and cleaned them as best he could. He kept his hair back and hidden behind the jacket. Keeping his head down, to hide his very distinct eyes from any peering eyes, he walked through the torrent of people and into a convenience store. The sound of bass from the "gentleman's club" next door shook the walls. He had found some money, about ten dollars, in an alley. Some one must have dropped it, and he was lucky enough to find it. And it just so happened he was thirsty, and hungry. He walked around, picking up some milk and a turkey and cheese sandwich. After he got both, he went and brought them up to the counter.

The person behind the counter was most likely the exact cliche of a "punk" kid. He had a shaved black hair, a black shirt that had cut off sleeves, and had a barely legible band name and design on the front. He had a nose and lip piercing, with gauge earrings in as well. Not dangerous, or anyone that could be of any harm to him. But Kogoro still kept a close eye on his every move, and looked around at the other customers constantly. Behind the counter, the kid looked at Kogoro with a look that said he hated his life right now. He let out a long deep sigh before saying anything."Hey, what do you want?" Kogoro put his milk and sandwich on the table, and placed the 10 bucks next to them. "Just this." He took his change, $6.85, and crouched out in front of the store, eating his sandwich and drinking his milk under the small canopy to keep him from the rain. He never took his eyes off the crowd of people around him. Being sure to not let anyone get the jump on him.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 am

Today was one of the rare days on which Ray actually went shopping. It was one of the activities that bored him a lot, but sadly, there were times when it had to be done. For example now. Thanks to his annoyingly sharp nails on his right hand, his supply of white gloves was diminishing pretty quickly, as they tended to get torn in a short amount of time. Not wanting to risk running out, he set out to get himself a few new pairs beforehand, as he was already growing short. He had already run through some stores on his home island, but had no luck, therefore he ended up coming here to take a chance. It was just amazing luck that he couldn't find what he was looking for anywhere when he needed it. Even here, it had so far been a waste of time. The only thing he had bought was an umbrella, which was only because it had started to rain while he was exploring a particular store.

Funilly enough, he didn't even use it, choosing to rather rely on the hood of his black uniform. But, at least he could say he had not traveled all this way and went back empty handed. With the weather being so gloomy, he decided that it might be the best time to start heading back home before getting caught up in a thunderstorm or whatever. And he almost did just that, but he had passed by a convenience store, which reminded him that he had not eaten anything since the morning. 'Might as well...' It wasn't like he had anything important to get to, and so far the rain didn't appear to be getting worse. Therefore, he spent another good measure of time wandering through this store, in the end purchasing a few apples. The cashier didn't seem to be very pleased to work there, but Ray didn't give a damn. That was the guy's problem, not his. Ray would just stick the apples in his pockets before he could accidentaly drop them and be on his way.

Finally making his way out, realizing with much 'joy' that it was still raining, he was about to go on his way, when he noticed a person eating in front of the store. Sure, he usually didn't bother with strangers, but this struck him a bit strange. A guy crouching in front of a store, eating while hiding from the rain? Not a sight you see everyday. Ray knew it was none of his business, but he was a bit frustrated by this point, both by the constant rain, and the fact that he failed to accomplish what he had originally come here for. Which translated into him actually taking more interest in stuff he normally would not, just to let off some steam. He stood there furrowing his brows for a moment, before deciding to do something he would most likely regret later on, but screw it. Approaching the guy in the gray hoodie calmly, he would speak up to him, trying to sound as friendly and innocent he could accomplish with his high pitched voice. ''Hello. I hope you don't mind me interrupting, but I noticed you were hiding out from the rain. Maybe you could use an umbrella? I don't really have a need for this.'', he would offer a bit randomly, waving the black umbrella he had bought earlier slightly. While that was not the actual reason why he came over, there was a little of truth in it this time, as he really did not need the thing. He had only bought it on a whim, and his uniform was thick enough to keep his safe from the rain. Therefore, carrying the umbrella around was useless for him. And it gave him a way to make small talk, if it could be considered that.

Strengths:

Back to top Go down
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:10 pm

He saw the man as soon as he came out of the store. But, he didn't expect the man to approach him. He swallowed down the bite of sandwich in his mouth, tilted his head down to further hide his face and tensed. He got his legs ready to get up and run any second, but still acted cool. He saw that the man was giving him an umbrella. That was odd, it was pouring rain and he didn't want his umbrella? He took a gulp of milk and wiped his mouth before responding."It's pouring rain out, you'll probably want to keep that. Anyways why did you choose me? There are plent of other people around, so why me?" Kogoro didn't know this man. Yet he offers his umbrella to him. This only sounds fishy to Kogoro, and by the looks of it, the stranger looks quite wealthy. But....he couldn't help but eye the umbrella His hoodie was soaked, and dark grey from the rain. And he was starting to feel a chill. He was half tempted to just grab it. But Kogoro knew better. "And also, if I did take it what do you want? You don't exactly look like the kinda guy who just goes out buying umbrellas for random reasons to give them out to strangers, so what's your deal?" As he finished his sentence, Kogoro took another bite of his sandwich, chewing slowly as he waited for a reply.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 5:47 am

It was fairly obvious that this guy was suspicious of him. Then again, Ray shouldn't have expected a better reaction for approaching a complete stranger, with a weird request nonetheless. But, he did not get told off completely yet, so it wasn't lost cause. Offering the guy a pleasant smile, he would try to justify his reasons in a legitimate way. Perhaps he could at least succeed in looking less shady. ''Nah, not really. My clothes are good enough for the task of keeping me safe from the rain.....Why you? Well, most people I see here do have an umbrella already, so why wouldn't you be an obvious choice?'', he would inquire innocently, as if he had no better reason than that.Although, mostly, he was curious as to why was the guy hiding out there like this. It made him look almost as if he was homeless, but Ray somehow doubted that was true. Still keeping his nice face, he would answer the second set of questions as well. ''Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Would it be such a bad thing if I felt generous today? As for what I want? Nah, not really necessary, I was actually starting to find carrying this umbrella a bother. But if you want to be nice, you could try paying me back. I have no preferences though, so it would be up to you as to what with.'' This would probably do. Sure, getting something in return would be nice, but he didn't want to seem as if he was pressing on the guy. He could live with this too. It would do him more good than bad to get rid of the umbrella either way. So a win - win situation no matter what.

He would swing the umbrella leisurely during his speech, to keep his thoughts focused...and almost ended up dropping it near the end. ''Whoops'', he would mutter with slight annoyance in his voice, as he had to practically bend over to keep it from falling to the ground. Yes, this thing was definitely only trouble. As a precaution, he would stop playing around, and hang it onto his arm by the curved handle to keep it steady. Better safe than sorry.

Strength/Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:48 am

"Well probably because there's another guy over there who doesn't have an umbrella as well." He pointed across the street as he answered the first question. On the street, n a cardboard box was a homeless man in rags and wearing a torn up beanie. He had a gruff look, and was soaking wet. "I have a pair of clothes that can keep me from the rain as well." This man put him off, most people would just walk away, and leave him be. But this man persisted. It piqued Kogoros interest somewhat. He moved on to the next question. "The reason it would be more strange than bad, is that you look like you're well off, have a lot of money. People like you usually spit on me and walk away. Usually full of themselves with a big head. And sorry, but as you can see I have no money, just dirty old clothes, so i couldn't pay you back if I wanted to." He began to start up on his feet when the man fumbled with the umbrella. He stopped when he regained his composure, and Kogoro straightened out his posture as well. Seeing how clumsy the man is, he may decide to take it off his hands, just to be nice. So far the man was....generous. So Kogoro felt he didn't have to be extremely defensive. But he didn't let his guard down still. "....Okay, I'll take it. But I'd like to somehow repay you. So if there's a way to contact you I wouldn't mind doing a favor or two in return." He held out his hand for the umbrella. Or a handshake if the man wanted. Kogoro hadn't had someone treat him like a regular person in years. He did get lonely now and then, and a companion wouldn't be too bad, even if it was someone as awkward as this man. Maybe he could trust someone for once.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySat May 03, 2014 9:14 am

'Hm..' Ray looked where the other was pointing for a while, before turning his gaze back. ''True enough. Still I can only choose one person at once. I took notice of you first, and I would also say you look easier to approach then that guy for example.'', he would say in an easygoing tone. In actuality, he just said the first thing that came to his mind in this situation. But, on second though, perhaps he really wouldn't feel comfortable approaching that other guy across the street. ''Hey, I'm not that rich, you know? Just average.'', he would say, laughing a little, trying to ease the situation, when the young man assumed he had a lot of money. Sure, he probably did have a bit more than most of the people in this part of the islands, but he woudln't consider himself very rich. There were many that had at least three times more. ''But, yes, I won't deny that you're right on the rest. Many people care only about themselves these days. It's sad.'', he would finish with a thoughful tone. That one was true indeed, he himself knew that people had a tendency to only look after their own person, not caring about anyone esle. And it was much worse when the others in question did not look nice enough. After all, he had dealt with ignorant fools when he was younger.

Ray would smile when the man accepted his offer. ''Sure'', he would nod, handing over the umbrella. ''A way of contact, hmm?'', he would mutter, thinking for a moment. Well, he wasn't particularly fond of telling people too much about himself, although this guy didn't seem that bad so far. Maybe he could give his phone number, that wouldn't hurt so much, but he kind of wondered if the man had a phone the way he looked. 'Hmm, how do I...?' ''Well, depends on what kind would suit you best? I could give you my phone number, or possibly my adress.'', he would say in the end, even though the second opinion didn't appeal to him as much. This guy didn't look like he would stalk him in the future, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:35 am

Kogoro reached out and took a hold of the umbrella. Slowly taking it from the mans grasp. He pushed the tip into the ground, and used it to help himself up. He grasped the hood of his hoodie, and held it down to hide his eyes. He was pondering the mans response. A phone number....or an address....that was kind of an idiotic question. Kogoro was obviously homeless, so he wouldn't have a phone on his person. "An address would be the best option, I have no phone, and no money to use a pay phone. So, if there's a piece of paper you have to write on, I'll get in contact with you eventually." He decided he should let him know the 'general area' of where he lives. "If you ever need to find *me* for whatever reason, I live in the alleyways." He didn't feel a need to ask the mans name. Anonymity was the best right now, since Kogoro was still unsure of the man, and going out on a limb to interact with someone despite his fears. "If you ever need something done, I'll do it. Just say the word." He understood he sounded like a type of mercenary right then, but what better way could he say what he was thinking?
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:05 pm

'Could have guessed...' Ray shouldn't have expected a guy hanging out in streets like that to have a phone in the first place. Still, it had been worth a try. Either way, this meant he would have to give his address, which wasn't that much of an exciting option. That aside, he obviously didn't have a paper on him, nor a pen for that matter. Who in their right mind would carry around pieces of paper in rainy weather anyway. How unfortunate. ''Sounds good enough, but I'm afraid I don't carry writing equipment on me everywhere. I can tell you, but you'd have to try to remember. Or waste some more time to go buy paper in the store. Up to you, I guess. I can do whichever.'', he would say, shrugging a bit. He had the time, so it didn't matter which the guy chose as of now. If he spent so much of it hanging around already, a while longer wouldn't matter, if remembering turned out to be too much of a hassle.

When the other said he lived in the alleyways, Ray figured he meant somewhere on this island. Well, this would be interesting enough, as Ray lived elsewhere. It might take a while for them to meet up again. he had no idea how often he would come around to this place, and if the guy didn't have a steady home, who knew his style of going around. ''I'll keep it in mind. No need to be too serious though.'', he would say, in a relaxed tone when the other said only a word was needed. It wasn't like he had been insisting on a payback in the first place. It just worked out this way.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:54 pm

He shrugged. He knew that the man probably would not have any paper on him. I mean who just randomly carries around paper and pens? "I have a pretty good memory, so if you tell me I'll remember it." He pulled his hand back that had been waiting for a paper. He had to get going, he wasn't comfortable being in a place for such a long time, and some people were drawing attention to him. Soon enough, the wrong kind of people will show up. "After you tell me, I have to go. I can't be around here for too long. I hope you'll understand." He won't of course, since he isn't Kogoro. But he needed to wrap things up quickly. The sickening feeling in his stomach was getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:42 pm

''Allright, sure.'', Ray would nod, before proceeding to tell the guy his address, leaving it up to the other to remember. If that's the way he wanted it. It wouldn't be his problem if the guy forgot anyway. Ray was a little surprised when the other seemed to be in a hurry to leave, but everyone had their reasons, so he could somewhat understand, although it was still strange to suddenly want to go off. ''Okay, I guess I'll see you sometime then.'', he would say, deciding not to pry more this time around, simply giving the other a short nod, before walking off himself. Afterall, he still had to go look for those gloves he wanted to buy in the first place, before it got too late and the stores closed down.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Lord Kogoro

Lord Kogoro

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Kogoro listened to the man, and watched him as he walked away. The rain began to lighten up a bit. That made the umbrella kind of useless, but he could use it when he needed some sleep in the rain. He committed the mans address to memory, and walked away, pushing past the large crowd. He was glad to get out there, since some not-so-nice-looking men walked right to where he was. As if in search for him. He smiled and slipped into the alleys, dropping all of his change next to the homeless man in the box.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:06 pm

A social link has been formed between Kogoro of the Hermit and Ray of the Moon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rare Excursion(Open)   A Rare Excursion(Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rare Excursion(Open)
Page 1 of 1