Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Code of Conduct

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Shop (Black Market)

->Missions (Case Files)

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Quell the First Dream (VS Dreamtime Drop Bear)
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:41 am by Sosina

» Mitsuaki Hiroto's Persona: Tatewari [Complete]
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:17 am by RazorKing6

» [Addendum #1.2 - Explore the Space Dust Cloud]
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 9:34 pm by Zain

» [Chapter #1.2 - Explore the Space Dust Cloud]
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am by Yoshio

» The First Dream Sign Ups
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 pm by Phantom of the Chat

» Plug Upgrade
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:42 pm by Space Overlord Bfroger6

» The Quest For Good Tea
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 am by Tykal Mahavari

» At a knifes edge (SL thread)
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 am by Tykal Mahavari

» hey! Raven here!
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 8:52 pm by Phantom of the Chat

Current Events
Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 VmJmf1B
Updated: 8/18/2017

I've come to make an announcement. Shadow the Hedgehog's a bitch ass motherfucker. He pissed on my fucking wife. That's right. He took his hedgehog fucking quilly dick out, and he pissed on my fucking wife, and he said that it was "t h i s b i g" and I said that's disgusting. So, I'm making a call out post on my Twitter.com: Shadow the Hedgehog, you got a small dick. It's the size of this walnut except way smaller. And guess what? Here's what my dong looks like. (explosion noises) That's right, baby. Tall points, no quills, no pillows. Look at that, it looks like two balls and a bong. He fucked my wife, so guess what? I'm gonna fuck the Earth. THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER PISS! Except I'm not gonna piss on the Earth, I'm gonna go HIGHER. I'm PISSING ON THE MOON!!! How do you like that, OBAMA? I PISSED ON THE MOON, YOU IDIOT!

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Philodai

Philodai

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm

"I see... Then, I hope you will write up a report on this Psyche-Terrorist group in the future at the Bibliotheca." Julius coolly replied as Albrecht gave his terse explanation. He wasn't quite pleased of how brief the information was. But the young Cadet looked like he was on the verge of exploding under all of that brooding. It was quite understandable given the situation, there was no way anyone involved in such a tragedy was going to come out of it emotionally unscathed. He aptly moved on from there, knowing further prodding wouldn't be very productive to the meeting. "As for the matter on this supposed JOKER, I discourage any official action on this individual. If it is true JOKER has Infinite Jest connections, I do not want to prematurely alert them without proper preparation. These Psyche-Terrorists are unlike any other: cruel, psychotic, unpredictable... and organized. No one should be engaging JOKER without permission, but you are allowed to monitor and to report until further notice. I leave it our Senior Cadets to decide how to best handle them... Thank you, Cadet Jackie for your report."

The chalk would check off another of the subjects that have been discussed. But soon, it would begin to write upon its black-topped surface the names: Bibliotheca, Sunlake Palms Forest, and Jest T. The two names may have significance to a number of the Cadets present. But the last of the three certainly would get the attention of a couple present. Alex certainly raised an eyebrow from his gacha game after glancing after the names. And perhaps for once within the confidence of Cadets, Julius hesitated. His calm demeanor remained unbroken, but the momentary lag betrayed his uncertainty before finally resolving himself. "Many of you newcomers certainly do not know the secrets we harbor and the weight of responsibility we hold because of it. But this morning, you must know of the dire situation we face... Some of you may remember the Eternal Divide half a decade ago. When demons ran rampant and when the Queen finally gave us the Peace and Order. Indeed, the demons caused much damage to our society. However, that tragedy doesn't end there. It wasn't the demons themselves that brought us into total destruction, even when they facilitated it. It was us, Humans. Mankind went mad as a result, causing destruction and mayhem everywhere in this City we call home... It took our Queen to finally bring back Clarity and return us to sanity. We hid this secret for fear of the ramifications it has for our Society. But now, we face a threat that aims to reveal it."

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 8ahBfdR

"Last night, someone managed to sneak into the Bibliotheca and hacked into its database. From it, they managed to take the information and documentation pertaining the mass suicides from the previous failed Alice mission in the Sunlake Forest. This someone was sent by the Infinite Jest. They recently sent me a missive to my office explaining they plan on releasing this information and our Secret if we do not release one of their own... Jest T, from the Prison. Now, I want to discuss with all of you what our next moves should be."

He drew out what looked like a green and black patterned card from his coat before passing it to the nearest Cadet for it to begin passing around to the rest of the Class.

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 4WGBQbh

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 A9GlVvo
Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm

"Right."

The heretic cult. He'd have to check with the church if it was okay to share but he himself had no issue informing the cadet force of them and what they are capable of. Perhaps better arm the other cadets or prepare against the tactics of the group. They were quite the trouble even without powers. They managed to capture not only a terrorist but also a cadet. The knight's silence lasted until the card reached his hands. A letter from the jest, he just stared down at it for a brief moment. Burning hatred in his eyes. He passed it to the next and then looked up ready to speak.

"If i may. I believe a public execution is in order, make an example of T and show that their actions will not be tolerated. They want to pull our strings, make us bow to their whim. I was already suspicious of one of the Jest leaders allowing himself to be caught. I had the gut feeling it was just as planned... It also raises the question. How are they aware of the forest incident? Obviously, they have a mole among our ranks." Albrecht growls yet again. "So i vote for a public execution or at the very least that we do not bow down to their requests. If let T out, they will just keep it hanging above our heads and do whatever they want. Or find more dirt. Whatever the choice we come to, we should not give in to the demands of these demented clowns."

Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 6:26 pm

OOC Note:

"Thank you, sir," Susan accepted praise with an acknowledging nod of her own. But he had beaten her to the punch for her next move. She had pushed her shoulders from the wall to find that he had taken the chalk, which strangely stunned her. He was writing on the blackboard. She always did that! She could populate the front of the room with information at a touch and a thought, th-that was her responsibility...! Her hand outstretched toward him behind his back as he forcibly removed her from her blackboard throne, curling her fingers back in defeat to shuffle dejectedly back to her seat and... take... notes like a... good Cadet...
It didn't bother her. It didn't bother her at all, he could write if he wanted. Yes sir, no problems, planning could be a group activity.
....she found herself idly scratching at paper anyway. As the Prince wrote Susan would use this time to engage in discussion and explain and offer alternatives.
"I concur Cadet Hunt that if we have an opportunity for a peaceful engagement we should take it and that Marquee is not the problem but she is still dangerous as Ivanov is or... rather was. In the video Ivanov is shown to execute a coup de grace on one of his aggressors, that is murder, not self-defense. As I see it these are two criminal elements trying to kill each other, I personally see no need to sympathize with any of them based on who struck first. They are all guilty, that has already been proven though yes if a non-violent option presents itself that would be best, or if we could engineer one." It was just like Cecilia to offer mercy to the terrorist element and vouch for capture, Susan would agree with her in most circumstances but only in ones that would reduce the most risk and negotiations often did that. Though she felt compelled to argue her standing, if it came down to it she would refuse to risk the safety of herself or other Cadets in order to give a criminal protection against other criminals. Simply put she did not feel compelled to be in any hurry to give Infinite Jest less things to do aside from antagonizing them.

"Not quite Eckert, for both scenarios," she discussed casually, "An intelligent enemy will not remain complacent but it is best to hide our movements rather than to be up-front with how we are approaching a situation. They enemy cannot counter something they do not know is occurring so by working quietly we can reduce their ways to deal with us and strike quickly while they are unprepared and when we so choose if we have the means to do so, through gathering intel we can create a situation in which we have a favorable advantage and that is when the enemy is not equipped to repel us. How do I put this..... we will want to make sure our newspaper is rolled up and our arm is ready to swing before we turn on the lights and the roaches scatter." It was a crude example but... sort of effective? You should never act without knowing what the enemy can do in return, but if you must fight you must fight. The strategic art of Picking one's battles.

...the awkward air hung as Cadet Frost gave his initial report, clearly disappointed and understandably furious with the events. She did not believe the Prince's reply helped much and she pursed her lips. Susan didn't think even she could have been so apathetic, this was clearly quite personal. From what she gathered the "other terrorist" group must have been the shoot out, the only other incident to respond to was her capture of Shotaro at the time. The businesswoman did not know how to respond other than to offer what analysis she could over the events, which she did in a small voice.
"...th-the incident at the Sunlake Palms Church fits in with Infinite Jest's... methodology, I-I have reason to believe that it and the shoot out are related to the capture of Gambler Shotaro as either himself acting as... some... form of diversion or as a vengeance act after his capture..."

So much ground to cover still though she did agree on the Captain's assessment of Joker and brought it to her other Class One Cadets for consideration.
"I concur with His Highness," she turned to face her classmates, particularly Jackie, "We can still collect information passively without tipping him off. Cadet Jackie, is there anything about this Joker that stood out at all in Ivanov's confession? We can potentially glean adjacent information used to build a profile, such as his or her hobbies or beliefs which we can use to predict behavior." Good Lord this continued to grow, they seemed to need double their force just to keep up with all the incidents. Though she found herself talking past the uncomfortable silence and quickly settled in. The Prince was hesitating. It was... foreboding.

As soon as he began speaking she immediately knew what this was about. Infinite Jest. Again. The senior Cadets had received the same speech what seemed like eons ago and the businesswoman folded her hands in her lap and shivered as he spoke. It did not call back good tidings. She was stunned when the news broke... along with the ultimatum. The tactician drummed her fingers on her desk with a furrowed brow. This was going to cause problems and have implications. Not just the information but that they could be infiltrated as they had. It could happen again and from what party? Internal was likely what with the information leak and it was certain that it would have at least stemmed from within, even if an outside entity. Her first suggestion was simple. The other would not be.
"...for the immediate increasing security for the Class Zero Annex is a must, not just the Bibliotecha. I will... formulate a plan for how security should be conducted effectively but it should encompass the building. If this is true they could have accessed any part of Class Zero and there may be more risks lying in wait. I believe an investigation of the computer systems and the building is in order..."

The businesswoman scratched her nails on loose paper she had, the steam rising from her head.
"...they really have us for a loop... don't they..." she muttered. Try as she might she could not see a favorable outcome to this. She could, however, see a way to mitigate the damage. It would be their best option but it became clear: this was a no-win situation.

"..........we have no choice but to release the documentation."

Susan breathed in slowly and closed her eyes, breathing out just as calmly as she processed this... ultimately, it was a loss.
"...we cannot afford to release T at all, execution aside I am in agreement. When we caught him it took all of our force and we only managed to catch him in the first place because he foolishly stuck around to be caught and for perhaps this purpose though... I am not so certain we should execute publicly. As far as we know the public is ignorant of T and his games and we may want to keep it that way. ...I... am not sure, if we pursue it secretly we can... leave Infinite Jest evidence of his death...? ...Fffffnnn... They can use an execution against us if we have no pre-established incident within the public's minds to claim... unless we implicate him...?" Susan rubbed her face. She was lost. There were so many alternatives and it was very sensitive. Think. She needed to think on this or they would suffer greatly. The weariness was catching up with her again before gesturing in aggravation.
".......I would like to propose that we release this information first, before they do. That way we can retain public trust and confidence, if people ask questions we can claim that the sensitivity of the data prevented its release."

".....if we are so bold we can doctor the date of the report to that of two nights ago and argue a case that it is an extension of the gunfight that occurred in Sunlake Palms, o-or edit details within the report in our favor but we need... *sigh* we need to release this information first to make the report Infinite Jest releases seem derivitive of ours and let the public discredit it on their own. Perhaps we can... impose a media blackout by web filtering partial sensitive entries of the original document or... track the releaser as far back as we can." Susan laid her head down on her desk. She really did not have a way to win this one. The only way to have avoided complete backlash would to have found out about this information theft first.
"...does anyone have any other input on the information release at least? I'm... *sigh* ...I-I'm at a loss for this one. I do not know how to proceed."

Back to top Go down
Moogle

Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Jackie considered it a moment. "To my recollection, Ivanov didn't say much about JOKER. About when he 'met' him at the Hotel anyway. However, I have a link to their online conversation. It's more trustworthy than anything Ivanov may have said. Psyche Terrorism aside, a few parts of his testimony didn't seem right."

Spoiler:

"Of course, JOKER seems to be acting like he supports the Government. This can be easily proven a lie. I shouldn't need to say it, but details about JOKER cannot slip out. A Username is easy to fake, and anyone could put on the title, and troll forums. If you make any contact with him, even something as minor as a random post in a thread, send it to the Prince, or any of your superiors. I'd recommend doing an IP trace, but if JEST can take over to perform a broadcast, hiding an IP would be child's play." He sighed, adjusting his glasses.

He took a long while to finally speak, after listening to the situation with JEST. "If we free T, we'll be killing untold numbers of people. But if we execute him, and it gets out, it'll cause a panic. Suddenly, everyone'll worry about being executed. It'll lead to paranoia, which will lead to more Terrorist Supporters. He shook his head."I'm going to agree with Officer Groves. We release it ourselves. If we give in this time, they'll keep holding it over us. And when we refuse, they'll be able to add 'Gave in to Terrorist Demands'. That said...I think we should release the documents as they stand. If the people are going to find out the truth, they deserve the truth. If we lie to them, and JEST can prove it, suddenly the Psyche Terrorists have evidence. Before it was just hiding something. At that point, it would be outright lies.

Mianna Locke lThe Queen's Deeds
Back to top Go down
Squishy

Squishy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 am

The new cadet Hono had remained silent for a majority of the meeting decided to break her silence. She stood up and slammed her hand on the table, not overly loud but enough to draw attention to herself. "I'm with Frost on this one! We should kill the bastard!" She said angrily. Hono didn't know a lot about this whole forest situation but she still wanted to chime in. "Maybe not a public execution but we should definitely make it known to JEST," the cadet said. She was nervous about how others would respond to her. "Why the hell would we listen to what the Terrorist want!" Hono agreed with Jackie on releasing the documents. "I don't know much about this forest, but I agree with Jackie." Hono looked at the Robot then at the prince.

Hono Kaen | The Bonds I've Formed | Compendium
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 5:36 am

Shiina was quiet for the entirety of the meeting; naturally, the headache she was feeling from jetlag was enough to make her passive towards what was going on at best and apathetic to it at worst. When things started getting more serious, though... Shiina didn't react much outwardly, but a careful eye could see her face scrunch up in regret and pity as she looked at Albrecht. She'd silently take out her cellphone under her desk and send the knight a private message.

//"Meet me behind Class Zero after the meeting, I wanna talk to you."// Hopefully he would comply. Her pity wasn't meant to degrade his position, but a genuine feeling of empathy for what he went through. She had no other words at the time because there was no way she could do it justice on her own... but she considered Albrecht a comrade-in-arms nonetheless, and a friend besides that. As for Cecilia, though Shiina wouldn't move closer to her herself, she'd start pinging her phone as well. //"You're being surprisingly lenient. If what Albrecht said about a mole is true, then I think we should keep talking like this for a while."//

And after she was done, she was finally handed the calling card to read for herself. This...

...didn't elicit any strong feelings in her. The Wild Card let out a long breath and scratched her eyes, more exasperated with this than anything. She had an idea, though.

//"Cadet Frost mentioned something important. If we have a mole in our ranks, it doesn't matter what we do, JEST will know and respond accordingly. I'm sure they have some contingency even if we kill T, or even if we doctor the footage, or if we release the information first. We're stuck in a catch 22 if there really is a mole, and it's easy to believe there is given the infiltration of the Bibliotheca."// Shiina paused, waving the calling card around in one hand. //"Allow me to summarize: First off, this is bait. They're going to release the information whether we release T or not. Our best hope is getting Lady Serenity to doctor it herself without input from any of us, that way they at least don't know how it's being changed. Second, given I was the leading officer in that mission, I'm completely in approval of releasing my involvement with it if it helps. I'd like to protect my fellow Cadets if possible, though. Third, I think the decision on whether to kill T or not should rest solely on Prince Julius; if you would, Your Highness, I recommend you do it without ceremony or even informing any of us, whether that'll be to put him in deeper imprisonment or killing him outright. Not that I think it will make a difference, it's just another layer of obfuscation."//

Shiina was trying to be thorough. From what she understood the library systems weren't easy to get into; they required a proper Cadet ID, login information, and even so unless the mole actually wanted to reveal themselves they'd need the skills necessary to hide their traces. If they weren't a Cadet, they'd need an even higher level of intelligence and skill to simply access the Bibliotheca's systems on their own. Whoever they were dealing with had proficiency in these things. Shiina wouldn't reveal this right away, though.

//"With that out of the way. My suggestion for what us actual Cadets should do is simply prepare for the unavoidable confrontation with these clowns. Let Your Highness and Princess Serenity handle the PR move while we fortify our defenses and get stronger in order to handle them. I believe that's the best course of action."// It was a fairly neutral stance, but one she believed would pay off in the end. The closest to home these things were kept, the lowest the chance that the mole would be able to get to them before they were released.

-Ah, How Far Away, the Ideal World-

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 GPuKc0z
Back to top Go down
Philodai

Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 HeGZC0c

For the first time since sitting down, Alex patted his phone down on the surface of the desk before standing up to get the Prince's attention. The rest of the report didn't interest him as much. Worrying, yet it was part of the crunch of being a Cadet. But hearing about their security being bypassed was a valid concern, more than anything. The Class Zero Building was supposed to be their bastion in the face of the threats outside its walls. If they don't have that, it obviously didn't bode well. Past his usual self-assured demeanor, the boy furrowed his brows at the Cadet Captain before asking him. "What's Serenity doing about this, Julius? If these batshit Jest got into the Bibliotheca, then..."

"She's currently investigating the system as we speak. For now, it seems they were only able to hack through the Bibliotheca's systems, which should already clue you in how formidable and able they are... I will update you all on the matter as necessary. If Serenity needs your assistance, I will be sure to let you know. I daresay my Sister will find a means of addressing this issue of a mole one way or another." Julius immediately assured him as he motioned the boy to sit back down. The Cadet kept standing and intensely stared back at him. A resigned smile flitting across his superior's lips eventually led Alex to acquiescing, albeit grudgingly.

However, Alex wouldn't be the only one to voice their thoughts on the matter. In the midst of all of the suggestions and indignation of the sudden hardship thrust on the Cadets, the Prince continued to keep his silent vigil of the discussion. It was difficult to listen when the word "execution" came up, but he could see why they would come to such a conclusion. But one other suggestion caught his attention. When they finished relaying their reasons and their choice, the Prince took a moment to ponder on his choices before setting the piece of chalk in his hand aside to firmly address them.

SQ Gained:

"There's certainly more to this underneath their... offer. Releasing T is out of the question, there will be no deal. Especially from an sordid organization with questionable credibility. As much trouble as it will bring us, I will arrange the afternoon for a conference to release this information. However, the information will get out as it is. It was one thing to have it kept from the public for so long... But if we're going to release it, then I want it released untainted. One hundred people died that night because of our failure to protect them. People with lives of their own... I do not wish to continue this charade in light of this tragedy."

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am

"Hm?" The knight felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket. Albrecht wouldn't pull out his phone just yet, he felt it would be rude to do so right now but once the meeting was over he'd pull it out and reply to Shiina as soon as he could. The message was brief, only saying Very well

Albrecht would listen to the other cadets suggestions, it seems he was in the minority. Though none of them were willing to bend to the Jest. That was something he took comfort in. Shiina made quite an interesting suggestion.

"I have no objections to releasing the info ourselves. It seems like the best move, though Serenity should get to it as soon as possible. And if majority vote to keep him alive, i warn that we increase watch over him." Really, should have executed T soon after his capture, but most objected to it.

Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 11:04 pm

That was... well alrighty then. Susan could do little but look at Jackie with a sense of amazement.
"You can do that without a device...?" she breathed. Susan stared down at her phone again, fathoming if she had such convenience as a computer in her head. SO many things would get done.
"Th-thank you Jackie, w-we will look into this. An IP trace may not be absolutely necessary, social engineering is equally important and for now we know where he frequents, we can build a model of their online presence and behavior with which to further predict action."

Susan was scanning the forum given to her for cursory information when the outburst from the younger girl startled her and made her jump in her seat... and then roll her eyes. Another young and hot-blooded Cadet with strong opinions without knowing anything about the situation. Joyous day.
"Yoooouuuu should calm down," she deadpanned, "We care about what they want because it allows us to strategize against them, like we are doing now. We aren't about to give them what they want but I digress..." It was difficult to push past the frustration but there would come a day when young Cadets would lead other Cadets and the blatant refusal to consider what the enemy had to gain from anything or discern their motives was going to be the death of someone. It was that blind disregard she sought to stamp out.

As morose as it was this was the best attempt at a "win" they could get. The damage had already been done and someone else was in possession of that information, they could not stop its release but in a twist they could use this power play against the Terrorists by taking the wind from their sails and preventing them from using it against them. In a perfect world it would make people more afraid of terrorists and their own backlash would be minimal but Susan was still piecing things together. She sighed and drummed her fingers on the desk.
"*haaaaaa* ...Cadet Tsurinai is definitely right. This is 'bait'," she acquiesced, "They are prompting a reaction from us that they can use, already having the information they lose nothing by sending this taunt. Or so they thought until we release it first with our own take, they made a mistake by buying us time and telling us their intentions. From what we have seen I don't believe they have the resources to free T themselves or they would not be asking at all, they would have done it without warning and not potentially increased security on him. Whiiiiiiiich begs the question on why they want him. He either knows or can do something which they need him for or they are trying to use this as a political move by reclaiming a VIP, he is useful to them."

Susan took a breath and steepled her fingers. She remembered a time when she wouldn't consider such an extreme action that she was about to suggest, back when things were simple. Before maniacs wanted to end life as everyone knew it. But it was potentially necessary and something she had not considered until this moment.

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 Expect12

"T is our own bargaining chip here, loath as I am to admit he is probably best off dead though... executing him does put a bad taste in my mouth if not for any reason than flinching in fear to a prompt from Infinite Jest or possibly doing what they want, this isn't a very compelling ultimatum to make if I may say so and they may expect us to dig our heels in. But if we can take away T's value that may not be necessary, his ability to do things or what he knows. I have been thinking back to Marta Po and what I know of Personas and would like to present a compromise...
...we can lobotomize him. Chemically or surgically, if that is possible..."

It was the best compromise she could think of to avoid doing something unsavory while still removing the threat T possessed. He wasn't useful to anyone as a drooling vegetable, not for his abilities, not for his knowledge, and unless Infinite Jest could reverse permanent brain damage then they were out of luck. It would be creating life at that point, it could not be the same T ever again. The Potential stemmed from the consciousness and they could take his consciousness away, permanently. Although there would be another few valid points to be made about the info leak which caused her to worry.
"I-If we choose to keep him alive, that is. I am in agreement that the info should release immediately," she fretted, "If they have someone within us who is reporting back to them they can make their release before we do if we wait a-and take away the one advantage they have given us."

And give themselves away in the meantime. It was severely limit the pool of individuals should that information not leave this room. If Infinite Jest acted immediately, going against their methodology to do so, it would mean someone for certain had eyes within the room. She had faith enough in Prince Julius to deliver a conference while avoiding pratfalls such as admitting defeat enough to prevent her from trying to tell him not to do that but that led to other thoughts which led to others which led to something she had not yet considered yet. Susan tilted her head as she puzzled.
"Sir if I may and I swear this is the last but...

Where did that card come from...?"
Back to top Go down
Philodai

Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 12:36 am

Julius found himself nodding in agreement with the deeply seething Knight. Like Albrecht, he was glad that the team disagreed with releasing the dangerous criminal. Evidently there was still a modicum disagreement on how to handle him. He quietly mused to himself over the question, but not so much that he didn't shut out what else Susan had to say. His face didn't betray any kind of emotion, as the Prince slowly drummed his fingers on the desk in consideration. It was only when the subject of lobotomizing came up that his brow twitched towards Susan on his otherwise calm expression. But no words escaped him on the matter, not yet anyway. "The card was sent to me by way of mail. It was, of course, screened before directly sent to me."

He finally took it upon himself to give one last address to the Cadets.

"It seems we are in agreement. We do not bow down to the Jest. We will neutralize their hold over us by releasing all relevant information. I advise everyone to speak nothing of this to the wider public. I shall handle the media this afternoon. Focus on doubling your efforts on finding ways to neutralize this threat and investigating anything out of the ordinary if need be. The matter of T... I shall keep it to myself at the moment upon the given suggestions. If there is nothing else, I call this meeting adjourned. Cadet Susan, I would like to have a private word with you..."

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
Albrecht

Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am

Albrecht still burned with hate, but he kept it to himself. He was silent and observing the others, he knew the meeting wouldn't go his way and the way others spoke just confirmed such thoughts. Eventually Julius would put an end to the meeting, all important decisions were made, everything that happened in the past few days had been reported. With shut lips he left the room, heading to meet with Shiina.

[Albrecht has left the thread]

Back to top Go down
Squishy

Squishy

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 12:53 am

Hono stood up, a bit embarrassed she got called out by Susan. Being a new cadet had to be rough. Though she was curious about what Julius was going to say to Susan. None the less, Hono left the classroom letting out a yawn. Now, what was she going to do for the rest of the day?

[Hono Exits]

Hono Kaen | The Bonds I've Formed | Compendium
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Obviously enough her suggestion was not well received. The businesswoman blanched at His Highness's order. The probability that this would be an involved conversation about where to continue from this point forward and not a "What the heck, Susan?!" was very slim. Still, she could be relieved that the obvious conclusion not to release T was accepted but it would be moving forward that would be the challenge and caused her to worry. They didn't know what they wanted. That made it difficult to act completely counter to ways they were expecting. Releasing the information first was one they could count on, from the calling card that was left they knew too much for it to be a bluff but they were prompting a response here, but what were they prompting? Did they want to tie up a loose end? Would they try to get evidence of his execution to use as ammunition? Or was it the opposite and they were relying on the Cadets to be goody two-shoes here? She did not understand enough and ignorance was dangerous during these times.

"Y-yes sir. Of course," she sputtered, standing up to make her way toward the front of the classroom by his side with her hands folded and a stony face that hid chagrin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]   Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sticking Point [Cadet Morning Meeting]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2