Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Code of Conduct

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Shop (Black Market)

->Missions (Case Files)

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» [Chapter #1.2 - Explore the Space Dust Cloud]
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:39 pm by Sosina

» Quell the First Dream (VS Dreamtime Drop Bear)
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:48 am by Yoshio

» [Addendum #1.2 - Explore the Space Dust Cloud]
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 8:53 pm by Zain

» Mitsuaki Hiroto's Persona: Tatewari [Complete]
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 12:17 am by RazorKing6

» The First Dream Sign Ups
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 pm by Phantom of the Chat

» Plug Upgrade
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:42 pm by Space Overlord Bfroger6

» The Quest For Good Tea
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 am by Tykal Mahavari

» At a knifes edge (SL thread)
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 am by Tykal Mahavari

» hey! Raven here!
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 8:52 pm by Phantom of the Chat

Current Events
アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 VmJmf1B
Updated: 8/18/2017

I've come to make an announcement. Shadow the Hedgehog's a bitch ass motherfucker. He pissed on my fucking wife. That's right. He took his hedgehog fucking quilly dick out, and he pissed on my fucking wife, and he said that it was "t h i s b i g" and I said that's disgusting. So, I'm making a call out post on my Twitter.com: Shadow the Hedgehog, you got a small dick. It's the size of this walnut except way smaller. And guess what? Here's what my dong looks like. (explosion noises) That's right, baby. Tall points, no quills, no pillows. Look at that, it looks like two balls and a bong. He fucked my wife, so guess what? I'm gonna fuck the Earth. THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER PISS! Except I'm not gonna piss on the Earth, I'm gonna go HIGHER. I'm PISSING ON THE MOON!!! How do you like that, OBAMA? I PISSED ON THE MOON, YOU IDIOT!

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Mariko felt a pang of irritation, but it was partly with herself. She knew that she was trying to protect herself from her own guilt. She'd been selfish to bring this into his life. She should have known what it would be like for him, but she did it anyway. She should have known Better. But here they were.

In response to his reassurances, she simply nodded, visibly shutting down, only because she wasn't sure whether to snap at him that he'd been comparing her to the old Mariko since their reunion, or lament over her own role in that. Of course he would do that. Who wouldn't, in his position?

So she wouldn't say anything. She'd just moved past it, like they had already decided they were going to. Move on and find out who she could be now, old life be damned. To do that, she needed to focus on the task at hand, assimilate herself into the reality of Endymion. Only then could she feel validity for her life as it was. She needed this purpose, more than Shouhei could ever understand. She needed it, and wanted it. "Thank you, Shouhei. Now...where are these bottles for stocking?"

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 10:43 pm

“...Don’t mention it.  Stock room for the booze is here, ya need a key for it though.  Usually the bartenders and Sakakibara-san hold one.  I have one ‘cause I usually prep the bar before the evening shift,” Shouhei said as he unlocked the storage room, a vast array of bottles and boxes lined up on shelves.

“Wouldja grab a bottle’a that, that, and... that,” Shouhei pointed deliberately at several notable bottles where he grabbed a box containing bottles of beer.  

“Oh and… don’t mind Sakakibara-san.  She might seem like a frigid bitch… and she kinda is, haha,” he chuckled as he stacked another box of beer bottles on top of the other and hefted those.

“But it’s that ‘tough love’ kinda thing.  I mean ya gotta be when you’re the boss, yeah?”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Mariko followed, quick to the task of snatching up the requested bottles. She listened as Shouhei explained things, nodding slightly. She wasn't sure Shouhei would be able to see that look in the older woman's eye. there was something there beyond being a simple bartender, but Mariko let it go for now. It wasn't something she needed to involve Shouhei in anyway. Hopefully they were blissfully unaware of each other. In any case, she replied, "She seems like someone who loves her job." It was a fair assessment and didn't require Mariko to lie to Shouhei, which she really didn't want to do.

She followed him out into the main area, and set the bottles she'd brought alongside one another on the counter and inspected them. She took in what kind they were, their apparent worth (though she had to base that on the bottles as she didn't recognize the names), and their alcohol content, and turned to look at the rows of bottles behind the bar, wondering where they might go, making suppositions. As she did so, she asked Shouhei, "So...you're a bouncer here, then? somehow I had assumed you were a Bartender."

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 pm

“...Yeah, Sakakibara-san’s a pro.  Definitely a boss I can respect,” Shouhei grunted as he set the boxes down.  Noting Mariko’s hesitation on where to place the bottles, he pointed to empty spots on the bar.  “Green bottle goes there, clear one there, and… brown one over there.”

Clinking of beer bottles began to chime as Shouhei slid them into place.  “...Like Sakakibara-san said she likes people who can multitask.  I’ve been taught to bartend and serve, but she usually puts me on bouncer duty.  We don’t get too many rowdy assholes, but when we do, I give ‘em the what for.”

A devilish grin split his features, as he fondly recalled throwing each offender’s ass out in the alleyways, and delivering a solid pummeling if they deserved it.

“...Thing is Sakakibara-san hates it when I do the selfless server act.  She thinks people should earn respect, and I kinda don’t blame her.  But you taught me that serving is selfless.  I wanna be that kinda server.”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 6:07 pm

Mariko placed the bottles quickly and efficiently where they were required to go, paying close attention to note why they went there, brand, cost, anything from the labelling that would explain they why of the organization. Understanding the flow was the best way to learn quickly. If it made sense then reason would help her remember things she couldn't memorize. She smiled off-handed as Shouhei grinned about his exploits. Of course the muscle-head would love that sort of job. Especially when it was punks who deserved it.

That brought another question to her mind though, and she leaned back against the counter with a hand on the wood. "I seem to remember that bouncers also decide who is allowed in and who stays out in the cold." A memory floated to the surface of her mind, of one time where Shouhei had tried to take them to a dance club they were way under age for, and had gotten thrown out on his ass before he'd ever stepped foot inside. His brawler disposition didn't always work to his advantage. She wondered if he still remembered that, or if it was even a real memory at all.

That thought chilled her a little, and the growing smile died in it's infancy. She shook her head and returned to helping him put the bottles of bear away where they went, silent now.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 6:29 pm

“...You’re not wrong,” he answered, noting Mariko’s recollection of that fact.  Of course she would remember the unflattering time he was overpowered by a far larger and stronger bouncer.  Why couldn’t she remember the good times?

“...Anyway, you’re gonna make a killin’ singin’ for this place.”  Shouhei still could hear her voice resonate within him, her melody flow into his heart, her movements and smile ingrained into his thoughts.  Mariko had never lost the edge on her talent.  “Once ya get some cash, get more comfortable, maybe get some contacts, I say you should head out somewhere else.  Like in Suzie Q.”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Mariko placed a beer bottle into it's rack, catching the tone of bitter memory in Shouhei's voice. It warmed her a little, because it meant that what she had remembered was likely true. Oh, that she could trust these visions and let herself live in them. One day, perhaps. For now, she continued to work, teasing him with her nonchalance. "That's what I was thinking, yeah. Your friend Lupin told me that there is a lot of Idol activity in Susie Q, so I might check it out..." Her voice drew quiet as she realized what she'd said. Had she told him before that she'd stalked his friends? That...was a bad idea wasn't it? There was no way he'd react well to that knowledge.

She looked at him slowly, expecting some kind of rebuttal or accusing question. "That is to say...when I ran into him in Little Tokyo the other day..."

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Shouhei simply paused, and turned his head to look at Mariko. “...How’d ya know ‘bout Lupin? Ya met him the other day?”

Immediately he thought of the ridiculous antics Lupin could have possibly put Mariko through, or even the endless amount of things he could have possibly told her. The skin paled on Shouhei, as a look of horror and dread came to him.

“...He didn’t hit on ya, did he.”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:37 pm

There was the question, the asking of how they had met, or rather the why. A chill crawled up Mariko's spine, unbidden. Shouhei wasn't her boyfriend or anything. He had helped her, sure, but why was she so concerned that he not feel betrayed by her? Her heart felt like it would break apart if he knew. She looked away, until she heard the last comment.

She chose to focus on that point, hoping the why would just vanish from his mind, though she knew it probably wouldn't. "No he didn't! At least...if he did, I didn't notice it as such." She responded truthfully, blushing a little at the supposition of the boy hitting on her. Would it complicate things with Shouhei if his friends found her attractive? Should that concern her?

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 6:53 pm

A sigh of relief escaped Shouhei, as he shook his head.  Why was he even concerned about Lupin hitting on Mariko anyway?  While he had been known to be slightly jealous in their past relationship, why was he even considering Lupin a possible threat?  Besides, he knew Mariko had always been the object of anyone’s affection, and had more than enough experience of turning multiple men, and women, down.  Something gnawed at the back of his mind, kept sending needles into his heart regardless.  Despite all that he tried to keep to the conversation.

“...Anyway, that clown didn’t force ya into doin’ any stupid shit, did he?  He’s got a bad habit of ropin’ people into his business.”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Mariko was relieved when Shouhei didn't follow the topic she'd avoided. Instead, she pushed on with this new, more manageable topic. She shook her head, thinking back to Lupin doing his silly pogo stunts for her and offering to take her to Susie Q for Karaoke. She smiled a little. "He's a little silly, but he seemed harmless enough to me. He did some pogo tricks for me that he seemed rather proud of, and then offered to take me to Karaoke. We didn't end up going, however, because he received an important phone call and bounced off." She recounted, leaning on the counter a little. "What sort of things...has he gotten you into? Maybe it's just that you attract bad luck." She giggled just a little. A short little sound of whispered memory.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm

“...You say he’s harmless, but yeah, you didn’t meet him like I did… fuck, you are right.  My luck is pretty shit for the most part, ain’t it,” a light chuckle of disbelief escaped Shouhei’s lips.  He gazed up at Mariko leaning on the counter.  He saw that smile that made him weak each time he laid eyes on her.  He heard her laugh, something that always lifted his spirits.  

“...But none of that shit matters, ‘cause I hit the jackpot the day I met you.”
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:04 am

Mariko's expression shifted again when he dropped that last line. It wasn't...that she didn't appreciate the admonishment, just that she couldn't tell if it was something she deserved. But she tried to hide the sudden mix of pain and apprehension that it caused her, instead choosing to push herself away from the bar.

"Well...what is next? Surely there is more to do around here?" she asked, to quickly change the subject, and the direction of conversation. She didn't want to hurt him any more than her presence already likely did, and if that trail of conversation continued, that's exactly where it would lead. Better to shut it down early.

She fell into an easy silence with him after that, content to follow him in his work, and be as useful as possible. It was easy to be silent with Shouhei, thankfully. It was something she really enjoyed about him. He could talk about nothing or everything, and she didn't feel like she had to be anything or do anything. Words couldn't express how much she appreciated that right now.

[EXIT]

Colors:

Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 1:38 pm

It was easy to see the shift in topic back to work left Mariko speechless to Shouhei, but what was he going to do about it.  Best to focus on the task on the hand, best to get her life back together.  This was just the start.  Routinely, they carried on their work, as he showed her the basics, cleaning of the bar, even how to prepare a drink for a wayward soul that wandered into the establishment.

Even if Mariko was a completely different person than who she was when they had last seen another, it didn’t matter to Shouhei.  She was back in his life, she was still his best friend, and he’d do anything to protect that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]   アルバイト  [Mariko/Shouhei] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

アルバイト [Mariko/Shouhei]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: The World Around Us [Ended Plots] :: Endymion :: Little Tokyo-
Jump to: