Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akumu

Akumu

The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:58 pm

At the mention of Jack, the other’s expression was unreadable making it hard to tell if the Jack that Akumu had met was indeed the Jack this one spoke of; however, this piece of data while interesting was not something Akumu lingered on for too long. Shifting his attention from that mystery to the one regarding the other’s pride as Akumu wrapped his brain around the multiple meanings of the word 'cool', Akumu found himself smiling a bit at the display the other put on.

It was interesting what made people glow with joy, happiness, pride…and even madness. The forms and presentations were all different and yet they pointed to the same emotions. Look! This one even seemed impressed with the way he used cool in his sentences. Heh. Was this perhaps the first time this one got to glow like this? How interesting. In any case, Akumu would let him have the moment, not particular bothered by this small distraction from business.

When the moment finally began to lose its shine and things became more serious, the room would shift from relatively welcoming to cold in a flash as the dead was brought up and questions that Akumu was not looking forward to addressing would surely fly. After he had mentioned his last guest, the old attendant had fallen silent awaiting the inevitable battle with the questions to come; however, fate once more surprised him.

“Hm?”

The soft sound was released as blue eyes looked over to the other that seemed to be in a state of thought as he remained quiet with a frown upon his face and his head bowed. Akumu had thought that he was trying to find a way to phrase his questions, but the one asked was not expected. To the words, Akumu blinked before moving his hands causing a book to appear before him. As the strangely bound book appeared, it would flip open on its own accord as a small writing brush appeared. Coming to a blank page the brush would begin to draw a picture.

The picture was of an Velvet Room attendant on one page and on the other an assortment of pictures that represented various things attendants could do.

“We are the keepers of a vast amount of information regarding shadows and persona alike, but we are not allowed to give away all we know. To do that you could not grow; however, we always give enough information to help you move forward. Depending on the attendant some work with the outside world while some reside only in this room. Either way, we are here to assist those who make a contract with us along their paths. We can help one along the path by revealing pieces here and there to help a guest prepare for what is ahead; however, being servants of Fate we cannot alter what she has planned or tell you exactly what she may do. To dabble in her affairs is quite against the rules, so while helpful we are restricted in a that fashion. Yes, we can help you become unlost, but we cannot show you the whole truth. Only aspects of it. You have to find the real one out on your own. Outside of this we can also provide training and even some other services. All that is done is geared to the growth of the ones we are tasked with watching. Having an attendant allows you access to these things, this room and more and if a bond is strong enough we can even assist in battle if called upon; however, that privilege is given to only the most trusted of our guests."
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Charles listened quietly at the man's words. As the book opened and the pictures began forming themselves on the blank pages thanks to a brush guided by some unseen force, Charles leaned over curiously, following the motions with his glowing red eyes. "Oooh..." He opened his mouth in surprise as he closed in to the man and sat down next to him. The pictures made it all clearer along with the explanation. Like a picturebook or something, words were always easier to understand when accompanied by pictures. It was all slowly falling in place. At that point, he was still pondering the thought of asking about the previous guests the mysterious Akumu has mingled with, but, as if a tiny voice spoke to him in the very back of his head, he felt he shouldn't be nosy-that it would be wrong to intdrude another person's privacy out of impulse. Funny, just a few weeks prior he would have definitely asked the man about his dead guest without a single thought, but he had grown tremendously and outgrew the shell of the machine he had been locked in. And it was all thanks to his many friends now-Jack, Mae, even Blaez and Nilo, while he was still alive...  It was kind of nicer now than it had been before, even though he didn't know the reason why it was nicer. Charles... couldn't yet understand that he had grown. To him, he was still the same android. The changes he underwent went unnoticed.

A-anyhow, when the Attendant finished, Charles nodded. "I think I get it now." He blinked twice before raising his head to look at Akumu expectantly like a curious child. "But what's this brush thing? And the book! How are you doing that!?" He asked, kind of weirded out by it. The brush was distracting him from his initial intent, though and he was slowly forgetting that he wanted to maybe see if the two could work as guest and attendant. The thoughts of that were overshadowed by the funny brush and the magical book. Just another issue with Charles' capacity or something, hehe, he could only concentrate on one thing at a time.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 pm

As the attendant spoke and the brush drew in the book, Akumu could see understanding coming to the strange childlike creature that had approached him. Even now the other was becoming less cautious as he focused on the book and even sat down next to him as the explanation went on. As all of this occurred, Akumu’s blue eyes would occasionally drift over to the young man examining him and taking note of the odd things about the other such as no human aura, body warmth, or for that matter a heart-beat. There was tick, but it seemed mechanical….mechanical yes….

Akumu’s eyes would see the glow of the other’s eyes and within his mind finally make the connection. This was not a human at all, but very special type of equipment built to hold persona. He had only heard whispers of these machines, so it was quite intriguing how Fate had brought him one now. Oddness aside, when Akumu finished speaking, he would fall silent to let the other absorb it all.

After a few minutes of silence, the child said he understood the explanation…in his own way of course and that was fine with Akumu; however, when the child unexpectedly asked about the brush and book rather than some other subject, Akumu glanced over at the floating pair and blinked at them before holding his hand out to them. The book easily settled in his hand as the brush settled easily in its fold.

“I am tied to spirits and the various energies of the world. They give me what is the word…?” Akumu paused looking for a translation to what he had in mind. It took a moment, but he eventually resumed speaking. “I think it is called physic power. Not sure. In any case, the connection allows me to move things with thoughts among other small things. Nothing special honestly,” Akumu said with a light shrug finding nothing odd about having this power. He was created with it after all, so for him it was natural. Speaking of natural what was natural for this one?

"And you? What functions do you have? I couldn't notice how different you are from a human, so that is why I ask," the attendant said as he tilted his head at his strange guest.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 6:00 pm

"Oooooh, I've seen this stuff on tv! T-they could move things without touching them! I thought it was all tricks, I mean, the old man told me it was all tricks... but now I've met someone who could do that for real! I'll tell him when I get back home! He'll see I was right, haha!" Charles's mouth widened into a genuine, child-like smile of excitement. This was too great! He should tell everything to the manager and Mae when he comes home! Oh, and maybe Jack would wanna know! Jack probably liked this sort of things!

"Huh?" He glanced confusedly at the man when he posed his question. So he did notice Charles wasn't human. Regardless, Charles was way too excited to worry about something as meaningless as some mysterious guy realizing his android identity. No, he was still under the awing influence of the psychic brush! So yeah, he disregarded that and jumped straight at the question, overjoyed that someone was interested in him. "Aaaaaaah, let me see!" He put a finger on his chin, thinking about what to tell the guy. "I guess I can... do everything humans can do? I guess, but I don't know all about humans, so I can't be sure..." He shrugged and continued, flustered. "Ah, but you don't wanna hear about boring stuff! You wanna hear about what I can do, my special functions! Ehhm, oh yeah, I have this thing called Orgia Mode that let's me get all strong and fast for a short amount of time in battle, of course. I suppose I was designed to do battle with Shadows. That's why I can summon a Persona! I was built with it." He bent his back and put his hands on his chest, looking down at it. "I think it comes from my heart or something." He mellowed on the thought for a moment before raising his head back up. "But I can't do any of the cool stuff you can! I can't make a brush write on its own nor make a book pop up out of nowhere!"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 am

"TV?” Akumu aksed as he tilted his head at the other. “I am not sure I follow, but yes. Most of the time it is tricks for humans, but not for one such as I. These powers are natural to myself. Other attendants have their own talents too,” Akumu would say his smile was a gentle one as he watched the boy seem to enjoy his discovery. It seemed that Akumu had unintentionally settled some debate between this one and another. An interesting side effect, but amusing none the less.

Even more amusing was the others reaction to his question. At first the child seemed confused and then in a flash he was excited once more and answering the question posed. As Akumu listened the attendant found himself quite fascinated with what he heard. A machine designed to look and act human and yet had no clue about the thing he mimicked. Huh. Now why would that be? Why leave that information out? And what was that?

Orgia Mode, battles, built with a persona, hearts?

The information flowed in leaving Akumu with an expression of absolute awe and fascination upon his face as he tried to absorb what he could and make sense of it. When the other mentioned the book thing again, Akumu actually laughed for once in his life.

“I hardly think you have use of such old tools. You seem pretty set on your own, but what I want to know is how it is someone built you with a Persona. Usually personas do come from the soul which resides in the heart; however, you seem to be unsure of where yours come from," Akumu would pause as a thought hit him. The index finger of his free hand would go to his lips as he looked over at the other curiously considering this odd thought carefully before opening his mouth once more. "Do you…not have a Heart?” Akumu asked unable to contain his curiosity with this strange creature.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:44 pm

"Do I not have a heart?" Whereas one's hands would've surely slid over to where their heart resided in their chest, Charles knew not such motions and his hands remained motionless. He just gave a confused frown to Akumu. "Of course I have a heart. I just told you." He said, feeling a bit... angry at the man. Besides, Charles wanted to learn more about the book and all the trick Akumu could manage but the guy seemed determined their conversation focused on Charles. "It's not like a human heart, but it's a heart. It's where all of my functions stem from. I don't really know much about it either, but I do know it's like a power source or something."

Afterwards, Charles paused for a while, giving the man some time to respond. If he wanted to inquire any further, that is. The man's curiosity probably even overshadowed Charles' curiosity and he felt it. He wasn't gonna be able to get much out of Akumu unless he first answers all of his questions. Uuuugh, and Charles was gonna ask him to teach him some of the tricks!
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:02 pm

The repeated question did not get any reaction from the attendant who remained calm as he watched the other’s reactions to what had been asked. Unlike humans or other creatures that were in doubt of such a thing, the other’s hand did not move to check for confirmation of a heart. Instead that hand remained at the other’s side as confusion and then anger flowed through the air.

His words only emphasized the offense made. To this, Akumu listened to what was said before closing his eyes and thinking. He was not quite sure about the modern technology of the world, but the being before him spoke in understandable ways that helped the old being process what was being said better.

“A power source…Mmm. Yes, then I suppose that would be the reason for you being able to a summon persona. The concept is quite strange though. If I may, what is your purpose in having one?" the attendant would ask as his eyes reopened and locked on Charles once more. He allowed the other some time to answer if he wanted, but after a while sensed something akin to agitation or impatience within the other. Hmmm. Perhaps the trade was too one way, then.

“I do not mean to pry so much or offend. I am just fascinated by you is all. Please. Is there something on your mind? Don’t be afraid to ask or change subjects. After all, I am here for my guests not the other way around,” the attendant said opening the floor to anything the other may have in mind. Curious or not, an attendant always geared his/herself towards their guests. The same applied to Akumu.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:25 am

"My purpose in having a heart... or my purpose in having a Persona?" Charles answered the question quickly. "It should be obvious, shouldn't it? I must have a heart in order to be more akin to a human. And I must have the ability to summon a Persona so that I could fight Shadows. Because... that's my purpose."

By then... Charles was ready to explode out of curiosity. He just shook his head at the man's apology. "No, no, it's alright. You're not prying or anything... Though, if I may ask before I leave, because I'm in a hurry, would you teach me one of those tricks with the brush and the book? Those are tricks, aren't they! You were lying when you said they weren't!" He clapped his hands. "They must be tricks! And I... wanna show them to someone... Please!"
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 pm

“I was referring to your purpose in general, but you have answered that one well enough. A being with the purpose to kill shadows. How curious," Akumu would say as he pondered this for a moment.To be already programmed with a purpose…that was a new one for him. Usually humans came here seeking purpose, but not this one. This one came here seeking….the secrets to his book levitating skills?

Akumu would raise a eyebrow at the other’s fascination with his skill.

“I am glad I have not offended you,” Akumu would begin with a light smile that would quickly shift to a sheepish one as he rubbed the back of his head. “As for your request, I told you before I was born with the ability, so I am not sure if I can teach it to you or not. Then again…there has been rumor of humans and objects connected to the spirit world so perhaps you can test yourself out by simply doing the following: grab the item you wish to learn to levitate and then through meditation and a bit of prayer use your mental energy on making it move and then lift off. It will take some work, but if you have the ability to connect with the physic world then you should be able to move the object and in turn others at will. Outside of that, I do not know other ways of attempting to learn such skills,” Akumu said to the other easily enough.

He had to wonder though. Why was this one so eager to learn the ability and then to show it to another? Was he trying to impress someone with learning such a trivial art? Or was this for some other purpose the attendant could not comprehend?

Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Now that was more like it! Finally, Akumu was telling him about the book and brush trick! Charles listened intently, as that was what he was waiting for the entire time, and he was sort of interested by what the man was telling him.

"Oooh, so you say I just have to practice?" He leaned over, closer to Akumu. "I mean, I'm definitely connected to this spirit world thing if I have a Persona, right? And if I manage to do it, I'm definitely gonna show it to everybody!" The android clenched his fist triumphantly. This was gonna make him the coolest! The coolest! Jack's gonna be amazed and Mae's gonna be amazed and everybody else is gonna be amazed! ...except maybe Blaez, but Blaez was never amazed at anything. Charles turned to the Attendant, a big grin on his face. "I gotta go so I can practice, then!" He said as he stood up, dusting his jacket. "This was cool, I'm gonna visit again if you don't have anything against it."

Satisified, the android walked over to the door he entered through, taking one last amazed glance at the room before grabbing the handle and opening the door, waving one last time at Akumu before the door closed behind him.

---------------------------------

Charles stepped out of the Velvet Room and found himself back at the plaza. Nothing had changed on the plaza, as if he had just left. Even his bags were still there. Wait... his bags! Charles turned and looked at the two plastic bags leaned against each other on the floor. Maybe he could start his practice early? Ohoho, that would be awesome! And so, Charles stared at the bags, concentrating as hard as he could to try and make them float or move or whatever...

The android, of course, failed, but he promised himself to never stop trying, no matter how many failures! Ha ha! He was gonna be the best, he just knew it!

-Charles has left the scene ~
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 am

It appeared the rather simple instructions was all that was needed to get the other pumped up about learning the trick. While Akumu could not say if having a persona would be enough for the strange boy to learn the trick, he did nothing to destroy his joy as he let out a light chuckle of amusement.

“Yes. With practice and patience, you should be able to get it if the spirits allow it. In any case, I wish you luck with it and pray you succeed,” Akumu told the boy in his usual calm tones before he closed his eyes and nodded.

“Sure. You can come back if you like. I will enjoy the company,” the attendant told the other as he gave the boy a content smile. With that both parties seemed to be satisfied with the ordeal that had passed and so the spirits deemed the meeting over. The boy headed his way getting a bow in return for his wave as he left the room.

With silence reigning once more, Akumu would return to the sofa and open his book to a blank page as the symbol of the Emperor drew itself in black ink upon the blank canvas. Perhaps this one could be a guest of his in the future.

All parties have left the thread. Thread Ended.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 5:48 pm

User's have established a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)    The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The *blub* ..et Room? *blub* (Akumu)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2