Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) Empty
PostSubject: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Ruo once more, found herself not too far from her home, into the outer areas of Iwaigodai. Despite this being her home, she normally would not venture too far in the area, unless she was going to a completely different town like Hayabusa or Nadashiki. But learning the surroundings in which you dwell would more than likely prove to be more helpful than harmful. Circling the city for the time being may take longer than a day, so she would have to take several days to do this. So she figured starting at the east corner, by the old-fashioned shopping distract would be best. By shopping, it was normally meant around here as far as she knew, that it sold food and utilities. Anything that could help build things, it was there. Ruo had her hood down, and even her jacket unzipped, showing the light clothing she wore, and her black hair in full view. Walking around in a hood would not be particularly an issue, but she needed to find a better way to stay hidden. So walking by herself in a natural look should be alright correct? She had never tried this before, though she had been approached a few times when she did have it up, it was at the very least an experiment for her.

Down the east, she would walk along the sidewalk, looking around at the various houses, all similar, yet old-fashioned and perhaps pleasant to some. Ruo would not care either way. Perhaps unless she had a certain appreciation for it. She would also look behind her a couple times along the way, uncaring of who might notice her. She was more worried about being followed. Recently she had come across several people in Iwaigodai, and a couple outside. Whether they were hostile or not was not something she was going to risk. Everything might as well be out to get Ruo. She could not stop worrying about who might be out to get her. Though, Ruo would try to focus on something else. She had to learn about the area after all. It was mostly void of people, being the evening. Evening may not look much different for people new to Iwaigodai, but it was fairly easy to tell when it had become night, as dark as it was in the day anyway. She would continue to walk down, unless something stopped her or was brought to her attention.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am

Cain should be used to odd sites by now; at least that's what he thought. After what he'd been through recently, with gods of chaos and monster infested realms, the normal oddities of everyday life shouldn't even faze him. Honestly it made him feel a bit worse, all things considered. If things seemed dull before, they were downright insufferable now.

With an indifferent expression he examine the mark on the back of his left hand He wasn't sure what exactly it was, or what it meant, but it had appeared ever since he'd returned from that journey into Limbo. It looked a bit like an odd sort of circular glyph and was a vibrant shade of red. He should probably look into getting it covered up at some point. The mark would probably end up drawing the wrong sort of attention. He was just about to go check for something that might help remedy that problem when something came by just to prove him wrong.

It was a girl; a girl with almost waist-length hair, rather odd clothes, and the look of a mouse being stalked by a lion. She was walking towards him, though he doubted she paid him any particular interest. Well, he took it back. It turns out he could be surprised after all. He briefly considered his options in dealing with this odd new site. He could always just do the smart thing and let her walk past without getting involved. On the other hand he could also try following her from afar and trying to keep an eye on her. Cain quickly dismissed that idea through. Judging from the way she was behaving he wasn't sure what she'd do if she noticed she actually was being followed. Maybe scream, maybe attack, maybe run, nothing good he was sure. This time he decided it would be best just to play the nice guy. So he tried his best to look kind and concerned before strolling over to the girl.

"Hey, is something the matter? You look a little out of sorts, if you don't mind me saying. Anything I can do to help?" He said curious as to what her response might be.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Walking along, she was well aware of a man who had been up ahead, very much diligent of her surroundings, and trying to stay watchful of what was behind her. She did not foresee however, the man walk up to her and address her. She might have turned tail and run, but the last she needed was for him to give chase. So she had little options but to try and say something. The man did come to ask if she was alright. Ruo did not trust the man enough to know if he was being sincere, then again, she did not trust him period. The best thing she could do was to be passive about it. She opened her mouth, and a zapping jolt went through the back of Ruo’s neck, and she suddenly became worried for the man’s safety. “Watch out…!” she suddenly said. “They might be chasing you too.” She would stay silent, until her eyes would blink, and return to the original Ruo, and a wave of panic would wash over her. It was bad enough her personality had to glitch out, even worse in front of another person, most likely a human no less. But she had to reference her past? This was becoming far too ridiculous.

Ruo knew he would probably not understand anyway, since she gave no information on it, but she had no idea how much he knew. Judging also from his description of her being “out of it”, he probably took a longer look at her than Ruo would normally be comfortable with. However, she had to salvage this conversation out before it got out of hand. “O-oh! Forget that. Forgive me, I have been rather off today,” she said. She would remember what a sigh was, and push out air from her mouth, making a sighing noise. It probably was ill-advised to hide it up, but it was not like she was lying. She has a glitch in her construction that sometimes likes to alter her sense of personality and cause her to say very off things. So far lately it has given her more trouble than necessary. The man would not be blamed if he chose to leave, for not only did she get surprised by him, but she also might have unnerved him. So perhaps things will open up properly. She will have to wait and see what happens.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:33 am

Cain wasn't the type to get carried away without a good reason. Sure, considering recent event's it wasn't impossible that someone or something could be after him he doubted that was the case. Besides, he could hardly help the girl by getting too caught up in her own worries, even if he couldn't just dismiss them entirely.

"Hey, it's no problem. Trust me I've heard a lot weirder things before, so it's not like you need to apologize." He said hoping to seem friendly. It was odd, one moment she seemed frightened and panicked and the next she was calm. Maybe the girl was just trying to put on a brave face or not give something away? Well, possibly but Cain didn't exactly think outright suspicion would help him just yet, so he decided kindness was till the best choice. In a slow motion he extended his hand to her and smiled.

"The name's Cain. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Oh, and don't worry, unlike yourself I'm not the type others follow. Do you mind telling me who exactly might be chasing you? I know you said to forget it, but something like that should probably be taken seriously, right?" He said in a calm and reasoned voice. Judging by how quickly this girl seemed to switch moods, he didn't want to do anything that might make her flip back into 'jitter-mode.'
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Luckily, the man reacted fairly normally in his response. It was a sort of relief for Ruo to not get anything bad from him. She did not particularly fancy making a scene, much less prolonging something unnecessary. Though the man did not make any sudden movements, and seemed to actually keep calm in posture, and in response. He seemed to be the kind of person who could take things as they came. But Ruo would not make any judgment based off a first meeting alone. Ruo was far more decisive than that. She regained what composure she still did not have and then nod slightly. “Alright. Fair enough,” she said calmly to respond. It seemed a bit unwise to ignore him and turn tail. She did not have much doubt that he would not give chase, but the expression ‘You can never be too careful’ always went hand in hand with Ruo tenfold.

He would introduce himself as Cain. That was perhaps almost alarmingly quick to see him introduce himself so eagerly and quickly. He seemed to not mind, which would be a big contrast from him to Ruo, as she would not say anything unless directly asked. And even then, it took her until just recently to come up with a name. Then again, the name did not matter, so Ruo had no reason to fear about telling him. However, he also seemed fairly calm with asking about who would be chasing her. She would argue that it was none of his business. Then again, she did not give that sentence context, so it was not like he would know. She would have to keep that in mind when making her next move with him. But right now, mitigating the damage already done with her glitch was most important at the moment. “Do not worry actually. I believe I had escaped them. I am not too familiar with the surrounding area, so I tried to avoid people at the risk of them being unsavory,” she explained. It was not a complete lie, she did not know Iwaigodai well around her own living quarters. She had little option but to explore. The only thing that may have been a lie was her belief that she escaped those who may be looking for her. Who knows what her makers were up to. She was always paranoid they were up to something, something that Ruo would like to stay far away from. "My name is Ruo by the way. A pleasure, Cain."
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:57 am

Cain returned his hand to his pocket with a slight shrug. Ruo apparently wasn't the type to shake hands. Well it was no big deal really. After all, she wasn't being outright rude or insulting to him, so what if she didn't want to use some superfluous social gesture? By her response it seemed like her actions were more based out of nervousness than dismissal. Though he noticed that the girl still hadn't technically told him what she was running from. She could be hiding something, but Cain wasn't the type to press for details. She'd reveal more in time, he just had to be patient.

"It's nice to meet you too, Ruo. So you're new around here? I guess that your actions are understandable. After all, anyone would be nervous trying to get used to a city like this. I suppose it's best to be careful when dealing with strangers as well, but I don't think you need to be too worried just walking down the street." He said trying to seem comforting. He hoped that she wouldn't see it as condescension.
"You know, if you're trying to get familiar with the area maybe I can accompany you? After all, I could gain to learn a little myself and there's strength in numbers, right? Maybe I could watch your back." He said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Ruo had been keeping her eye on the man, even noticing he pulled his hand back. It was a completely odd gesture. She might have come across it while searching her memory or online through her connections to the internet, but she still had little clue as to what it was. Though, she would probably not ask, and rather learn on her own. She did not want to require the explanation from someone else. She would better understand it if she used terminology she would know herself. She did not really expect him to explain either, then again, they only just met. He would go on to try and make her feel welcome, and she would nod, resisting the urge to look behind her once more, lest she risk him ask any more questions. He would assure it was probably alright, not really reassuring her truly, but it was well enough to give him what he wanted to hear. He had not attempted to harm her yet.

“I know Iwaigodai decently. However, I had to explore the area more to get my bearings. It is where I live after all,” she said. Perhaps there really was little to worry about the area. Lately, those she had been coming across in the area had not been harmful, and actually rather similar to this man, not doing much and being polite enough. Though he would offer to join her on her walk, and truly, Ruo did not care either way. She would probably prefer being alone, however, it could perhaps help her in learning of how he acted. “Alright Cain. That is fine,” she would say, before walking past him and continuing, expectant of him to join. Once he would decide to follow, Ruo would look ahead of her, not really paying attention to Cain, keeping her focus on ahead. Though she would speak to him nonetheless. “If I may ask, what brought you out here? There are not too many people outside at this hour. Any particular reason you came?” she would ask.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Cain felt just a slight amount of nervousness. He knew the girl as probably nervous so it made sense that she would watch him. Considering that, he should probably be more confident, but he wasn't really used to being watched. Usually everyone ignored him and he just did his own thing, or at the very least he could play things in a bit more reserved way. Since he'd been the one to in initiate this encounter though, it seemed that option was off the table. It was unfamiliar territory for him. So he let his shoulders slump a bit as Ruo walked past him and let out a huff and gave a quick pivot before following.

"You've answered your own question, Miss Ruo. I kinda like being able to wander around and see places, but I don't like having to push through crowds to do it. Thus, I usually end up holed up at the more busy hours, and do my exploring at times like this." he said with a small shrug. Perhaps his behavior was a bit odd, but to him it seemed reasonable enough.

"So how long have been living here, Miss Ruo? I assume you're fairly new to the area, but assumptions are hardly a substitute for facts." He said folding his hand behind his back and keeping about two steps behind Ruo, though at a fairly steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Ruo would remain focused on the mostly unchanging shops on the street that they walked in. There were small stores, but the bulk of the houses remained similar to one another. Cain would end up following her, a bit behind her actually, so she would not look at him really. Looking back at him may actually make him more suspicious about the “following” part. The man had little time to explore during the day. “It is perhaps a better place here than Nadashiki,” she had said making some semblance of small-talk. “That area is not very safe in the evening.” That area was gang-infested at night. You’d be lucky to walk along there at night and only get someone shout at you. Ruo had come by the area twice, and luckily, no one seemed to spot her the second time around. However, she did agree with him on crowds. They were quite the menace in travel and not favorable if you just wish for a tranquil time to yourself. Ruo was however at the moment, not curious in the slightest about what holds him up in the day. Cain was along for the ride, and Ruo did not find him dangerous yet. But anything can change in a matter of moments.

Cain remained following as he inquired about her. Normally she would either stretch the truth or outright lie, as he had no reason to know. But was him knowing how long she was here truly relevant? Did it even affect his knowledge of her unless he had some access to info she did not know about. But her paranoia was talking once more, which usually remained a sort of comfort for her. Though, there was no reason to not tell him perhaps. “I have been here for a few months now. Though I have not been around Ueitawa fully,” she explained. The streets would be growing ever quieter as the walk continued, soon approaching a landmark near the north of Iwaigodai; that being the Natashi Construction Yard. Ruo did not have to explore the town to know what that place is. That would most likely be her stopping point for the evening. She would probably have to hustle a bit on the way back to her dwelling. “That being said,” Ruo began. “You probably know more about these areas than I. Have you discovered anything new about the area?” she asked. It was one of the only inquiries Ruo asked Cain, interested to see if there was something or someone of note she should be missing. Something to keep in her memory for the future.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Safe? Well was anyplace really safe? After all, you were in the most danger when you felt the safest. Then again considering how Ruo was acting before that would probably be the last thing he ought to say. Even if that weren't the case, usually saying things like that were seen as suspicious, weren't they?

"Things are safe enough, as long as you keep your eyes open, though I guess that's true of most places. A little caution can work wonders." he said still trailing behind Ruo. It seemed like her concern with his presence had quickly dwindled. Well it wasn't like he minded too much. To Cain being overlooked just seemed natural, comfortable, safe. So he listened as Ruo spoke in relative silence, not speaking up till she questioned him.
"Anything new in Ueitawa? Well I found a construction site where they routinely forget to lock the gates at night, a place that makes an amazing Tonkatsu and church that warned me about an odd city filled with monsters. All and all it's a pretty normal place." Cain said in complete deadpan. Sure, it might be bright not to talk about something so mad so casually, but it's not like Ruo would believe him. She'd probably just assume he was joking or crazy.

"So where are you going to school? Is it someplace around here or further out? I'm not the most familiar with what Ueitawa offers in terms of education." He said as he strolled along. That seemed like the normal thing to ask a girl around her age, so it would have to do for small talk. One of these days he might just buy one of those books on about how to break the ice when he met people. Well, if he ever decided to care about that that sort of thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ms. Grantus

Ms. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

The man knew what he was thinking. Caution truly could help in more ways than one. Ruo knew that all too well, and would nod in agreement with Cain at his statement. Though, when he mentioned about the construction site, which they happened upon, she would look upon the massive monolith. She had never seen it up close, but practically anyone could see it from anywhere in Iwaigodai. It was certainly a site to behold. She would not have long to look at the building though, realizing the time was only getting later. Organizing the trinkets in her living quarters that were strewn all over the place would require some time. Though he did ask her about what school she went to. This would require no way around it, lying may be the best course here. She did not want any cause to worry. “I am homeschooled,” she explained. She was fairly impressed at how quickly she was able to formulate a story like that. That may end up useful in the future. She would not really say much on the subject, not really knowing where else to go with it. Not to mention she also had her home to go to.

“Ah well, it was a pleasure to meet you Cain. However, I fear that it may be too late for me roaming around. I would rather be safe at home. I am going to leave for now. Perhaps we shall meet again,” she said. She would be indifferent if they did meet once more. He did not look dangerous, at least, not yet. She would give a bow quickly as to avoid being off guard for as much as possible, and turning to go another direction towards the hidden complex of her home. The only place she could find some semblance of comfort.

((EXIT))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)   Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain) Empty

Back to top Go down

Loners in Common (Ruo/Cain)
Page 1 of 1