Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) Empty
PostSubject: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 am

Got to love writing an alternate version of a character who worked so hard on in the past few months. This isn't going to be a fight against the plain old normal Lupin with Triboulet. This isn't a by the book Lupin. No this version of Lupin threw out the damn thing a long time ago. This Lupin was ready to break some skulls. This is a Lupin who has let go of those holding him back from realizing his full power.

The Giggling Lupin was bouncing on his Pogo stick in the middle of Avalon field waiting for some poor soul to wander by and get caught in his line of sight.

The giggling Lupin tried to talk to his Parasitic friend. "So what do you want to do today? what merry mayhem will ensue?" The persona didn't talk back. The Giggling Lupin frowned "At least try to say something, at least Triboulet was fun in that regard. For a Jester, you aren't that entertaining." The Giggling Lupin kept bouncing. Hoping Something will happen.
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 2:24 pm

To Lupin's right, about twenty metres away, he may have noticed a small tear in the air. It grew larger, enough for a human to crawl through. Who could have made it? Was it the hand that suddenly grasped the edge of the gap from below? A second arm came, and pulling himself up was none other than Yuri himself, though, it was definitely a different Yuri. He appeared significantly older, probably in his thirties, though still dressed almost the same. It sounded as if he thanked someone, though who it was was inaudible, before climbing out, the tear in the universe closing behind him.

There was no need to say "And what do we have here,' or 'Lupin, what's wrong?" It was very evident what was wrong. They called themselves Jester, or something, didn't they? Yuri simply breathed, a bit harder than normal, as he knew what was about to come. "I have to wonder. Was this a universe where I failed, or did we simply never meet?" In the following moment, he flipped out a small pocket knife. 'How would he react to this? What ability might he show-off? Then again, it's possible he'll just flip out of the way.' Yuri held his arm high above and flung the tiny piece of metal towards him.

Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJKXURmfLrRv0xkJTZlA6zA
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 am

Lupin's giggle started to devolve into laughter. A tiny bit of metel wouldn't even faze him, poor Yuri might've sealed his fate.

REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE:

Lupin turned to face Yuri instead of being annoyed The chuckling Lupin was happy to see Yuri. "Ah Yuri my old friend how are you on this fine day, I am just trying to get my friend to speak up." The giggling Lupin then said to Yuri while walking closer. "Your a Yuri from another dimension aren't you? Did the Lupin of your world send you here to fight me? He is a true fool." The giggling Lupin revealed the Jester persona in all of its horror. "I wonder how the league of Lupin would feel?" This wasn't the only evil Lupin out there in the multiverse, but would Yuri ever get the chance to face them, he would only know if he could beat the Lupin who Laughs

Lupin begins to use this dark power.

1st action:

Lupin then said "Let's start with something simple." Lupin's face begins to melt as he started to charge towards Yuri, Lupin was getting ready to use mad resolve. He had nothing holding him back. He wanted Carnage.

2nd action:

Lupin Who Laughs Stats (Could've fuck up the calculations) :

Lupin's Jester:
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:43 pm

RESPONSE TO REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE:
"I came here of my own will." Yuri let out a small chuckle. "It's surprising that you would become JOKER's lackey, but, I suppose there's many possibilities with many universes. Still, no matter how many we traverse, there will never be one where you or those psychopaths can defeat the me who stands before you." Whatever powers he had now weren't genuine, just instilled upon him by that insanity, so they couldn't hold a candle to Yuri. The strongest power comes from one's own devotion.

Seeing that Lupin was bringing out his 'Persona,' Yuri got into a ready stance, only to be met with a debuff. That was to expected, a first turn buff/debuff is always the way to go about things, but it wouldn't change the outcome for Lupin. Yuri could have fired a bullet straight towards him, but that gas looked dangerous. 'I will win, but he's still a threat. I don't like dragging things out, but I'll have to play defensively.' As he thought that, the air surrounding Yuri rapidly dropped in temperature until an airtight layer of dry ice surrounded it. The gas did melt the ice, but that gave it time to dissipate. Running back to build up distance, he shouted "You'll need more than that to touch me!"
Debilitate turn 1/3
Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 8:02 am

Passive:

"Bold of you to believe JOKER from my universe is still even alive." Lupin unzips his purple hoodie a little but not enough to unzip it completely. Lupin reached into his hoodie to grab a severed head, it was David Daus from the cyber cafe, The Lupin Who Laughs was grinning at his prize. "I am not sure about your universe, but in mine, this pathetic joke of a terrorist David was unfortunate enough to piss me off. That's right Yuri this person was JOKER. I bet you are wondering what came to pass in my universe aren't you?"

Lupin kept a brisk pace heading towards Yuri "JOKER had caused me so much pain and suffering, he got my universe version of you Rehabbed, he killed Lisa and has turned thousands of people into demons. I had enough he had to be stopped. I found out who he was and I killed him. Not before he awakened me to a glorious gift." Lupin summoned Jester again and this time he meant business.

1st Action:

Lupin started to cackle "You should've seen what I have done to poor Julius." Lupin looked like he had trouble keeping his laughter in.

Lupin pulled out a card. It was a tarot card, The Fool Arcana card. Lupin waved it about and the ink started to swirl around. the card is now The Jester Arcana card

2nd action:

What comes next no one knows

Lupin Who Laughs Stats:

Lupin's Jester:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Slight oversight on my end

Lupin Who Laughs has 161 HP still but he has 79 SP

ailment infliction if 1

Random number (1,20) :

Last edited by Phantom of the Chat on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Yuri stopped running after Lupin pulled out the disembodied head. "Oh? You keep that rotting head tucked under your shirt just to show it off to people for a quick shock? I hope you don't get some disease." How much must that have weighed? Did he get that taxidermist, Nadia, to fill it up with stuffing? As Lupin approached, and summoned his Persona once more, Yuri felt at this range he couldn't dodge, and probably couldn't counter this attack. Still, he made a failed attempt to jump to the ground, immediately healing himself. It wasn't a direct blow, but that didn't seem to make it hurt any less. As he got up, he grabbed a fist sized rock off the ground, and started approaching Lupin himself. With Debilitate active, Lupin could outrun Yuri, but if Lupin let him get closer than five metres, he'd attempt to throw Dwayne the Rock Johnson at his legs.

Debilitate turn 2/3
HP drain turn 1/3 (20 HP goes to Lupin)
Actions:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 7:35 am

Lupin Who Laughs Counterstrike.
Not to mention thanks to the Jester Arcana randomized boost LWL now has the AEON arcana giving Lupin Who Laughs a 55% chance of countering.

(I Will make an action post, this is just to roll counter)

Reflects Rock Phys Attack if 1-55

Random number (1,100) :
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am

Lupin got hit with the rock attack. "OWW, When were you capable of lifting human beings? Where did he even come from?!?" The Lupin Who Laughs seems completely confused as to what the hell just happened, at least Lupin got an energy boost thanks to invigorate. Lupin busted into a full sprint charging at Yuri with his soulbound the legendary pogo spear itself. "Do I have to point out how pointless it is fighting me? I am a Lupin, one of the strongest entities in all of the omniverse. What makes you think you could stand up to one?" What was Lupin talking about? Maybe Yuri might learn if he wins.

1st action:

Lupin started to run his mouth more. "I wonder if the Rei of your world is just as easy to manipulate? You see I am trying to make a little art project with my world so I am traveling the multiverse with a few friends of mine to collect some of the assets we need."

Lupin started to spin his pogo stick like a baton. "Who knew Dimension hopping persona users would be so fun to deal with. I have learned so much during my travels across the multiverse, I have seen many different worlds. I have seen all the outcomes of Endymion. I have burned them all to the ground, I recruited the best Lupin that I could find in those dimensions. Nothing can really stop me, Yuri. With Jester, I now have unrivaled power." LWL pulled out a pair of glasses that smelled like fresh salad and wear them,he also started to use his pogo stick to block. He seems desperate but this is only an act to lure Yuri in closer.

2nd action:

Lupin kept grinning. He has a plan. "You can't top a Topplson."

Lupin Who Laughs Stats:

Lupin's Jester:

Soulbound:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Correction his soulbound deals 30 pierce damage.
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 pm

What the hell was he talkin' 'bout? He really was insane. Knowing the spear wouldn't kill him, Yuri ran forward, letting the it bore into him in order to have a chance to get a hit in as well. With all that self-assured talk, there was no point in even responding. He put his full force into a swing towards Lupin's face. With his fist.

Regardless of whether it connected, he had to heal himself again, and casted Diarama. "I never met Rei, so I guess you'll never know. This is the last universe you'll be seeing, so you'll never find out for yourself. I have to congratulate you. Most people have to work hard to get so much power, but I see you had the time to go around slaughtering innocents. I thought it could have just been the virus, but maybe this you is really so heinous. In that case, I'll cut up your body and tear apart your organs! There's no way I'll let you have a second chance!" He resumed his sudden switch to all-out offence, running towards Lupin to make another swing, aimed at his face again.

Debilitate turn 3/3
HP drain turn 2/3 (20 HP goes to Lupin)
Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

"Tell me about the Lupin of your world and we might be able to determine if he just becomes another me or not, who knows in some universes he becomes an angel or a demon. There are so many possibilities." The Lupin Who Laughs tries to hit Yuri again with his soulbound aiming for the chest area.

1st action:

Lupin seemed to call out his persona again. "Let me give you a present before you die." Lupin reached for his pockets to grab a chunk of eyeballs. "Check out my collection of Julius's eyeballs. So many Julius's so many eyes or would be Juliui, help me out here?"

Lupin throws the eyeballs at Yuri and then uses Jester to debuff him, He is ready for another big hit.

2nd action:

Lupin Who Laughs Stats:

Lupin's Jester:

Soulbound:
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 pm

"He's stronger and worth more than you, that's for certain. I don't know what came of him, though. He got up one morning, claiming 'I got a sickly feeling like there's a me in another timeline who's suckin' real bad, man I don't wanna be associated with someone who sucks so much,' so I thought I'd cure his illness today!" Seeing as Lupin was making no attempt to dodge, Yuri let himself get impaled again. As his hand neared Lupin's face, he released a burst of ice from it.

Yuri knocked the flesh out of the air with his own soulbound. "Thanks. The scientific term is 'digusting." With Lupin leaving his Persona out like that, he really wanted to attack it directly, but if it countered his attacked, that would flip things against Yuri, and he wasn't one to take unnecessary risks.

Debilitate turn 1/3
HP drain turn 3/3
Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 am

"And yet he didn't come here himself. Figures." Lupin seems annoyed, Another Lupin to fix, another Lupin to cure of Triboulet's infection. While Lupin was thinking that he would receive an ice attack to the face. "That's just cold." Lupin seems to be shivering. The ice attack seemed to be pretty effective against him. "I forget you Yuri's had ice attacks. I am so god damn cold now." Lupin tried to hit Yuri with his pogo soul bound again but this time he did something different as soon as the attack landed he transformed his pogo spear back into its stick form and used Yuri as a platform to bounce off. While Lupin was in the air he used Jester Again  Landing him at least 10 meters away from Yuri.

Lupin then spouted out "Just try and keep up with me. If you don't mind I am winning this fight."

1st action:

2nd action:

Lupin Who Laughs Stats:

Lupin's Jester:

Soulbound:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)   The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lupin Who Laughs. (Open to Anyone)
Page 1 of 1