Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Avaritia

Avaritia

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] Empty
PostSubject: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 5:08 pm

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] 5bjB2Aw

//"...I hope they don't take much longer."//

The First Capital Bank was filled to the brim with clients of all shapes and sizes, of all walks of life. No matter their status, they all reported their earnings to the woman at the top of the pyramid, and their faceless and expressionless masks faded from the IT Chief's mind as she walked through them as if she was parting the sea itself. Many wouldn't know her, but she had memorized where people walked; where they went, what paths they took, how they moved, where they moved, which counters they preferred, it was all so predictable, like moths to a flame.

Petra Midas had an appointment, albeit it might be more accurate to say the people she was meeting had an appointment with her. On behalf of Lady Avaritia, she'd stand in the lobby waiting for the Cadets who had signed up to report to one of the counters. Naturally, she didn't know them, not besides their names anyway. Of course she was necessary for this job; she had developed the system, and she was the only one besides Avaritia herself who currently had access to that part of the building. She was the person in charge of these things, so if they needed calibrating, she needed to be there... well, that's what she thought, anyway. Petra wasn't someone to let her own creations be tinkered with by someone else's hands, and though she didn't think her work was really worth investing in so heavily, a part of her was grateful that Lady Avaritia had placed yet another bead of trust in her.

Last edited by Avaritia on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hammer Space

Hammer Space

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 6:22 pm

Tex might have forgotten he actually had official Cadet work to do that day. Tex might have also gotten caught up with rescuing a cat from a tree. It was also extremely possible he had put the cat IN the tree. It all depended on who you asked, really, so long as you weren't asking Tex. Because then it was possible you'd end up stuck in the tree, or worse, dragged into whatever was planned for that week's 'episode.' Regardless, when he remembered he actually had something to do, he made his way to the Bank, only stopping twice, for lunch and Ice Cream.

As such, when he eventually ended up entering the bank's Lobby, he was still munching on waffle cone. "...ah hell. All that and I'm still the first one here? What's the point of bein' fashionably late if nobody gets bothered by it?" Tex grumbled, finishing his cone. All those distractions, wasted! Ah well, maybe if things went well he'd finally be Class Three. Maybe it'd be easier to believe he was actually a Cadet, that way. Getting mistaken for a Demon got old, especially when he was trying to actually be helpful for once. Once arriving, he scanned the area for who he was supposed to be talking to, before approaching Petra. "I'm here for the job. The Cadet one. Tex Avery, at yer' service. 'Course, you can just call me Tex. Or Officer, if you're feelin' formal. I don't wanna brag, but I've been a Classless Cadet for a while now, so I'm pretty cool."
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 pm

What he overheard... Was that really the case? That boy showed up to the job shoving shit junk food down his mouth? That he may be associated with such unprofessionalism absolutely sucked. At least that proved he was in the right place. The Yurinator was in full uniform, so he didn't bother introducing himself since it was clear why he was here. No time for that pointless small talk. He just walked up beside the Texinator and stood there, awaiting the other Cadets' arrivals.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJKXURmfLrRv0xkJTZlA6zA
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 am

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] FPWZMD7

"Greetings, pardon me for any delay. I am Athena Griva, cadet ,you've probably heard of me, I'm here to assist lady Avarita with the security measures. It was clear that Athena had put a lot of effort in her appearance, her outfit was freshly ironed and smelled of lavender, though she was wearing the traditional cadet outfit several alterations had been made by the girl in order to stand out. Her hair were worn in a tight updo and covered with a red beret. She smiled at the woman though her smiled seemed to crack a bit as her gaze turned on her fellow cadets, it was the first time she met either of them and so far none of them appeared impressive.
Back to top Go down
Squishy

Squishy

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 am

Hono walked into the bank, walking over to her fellow cadets. She looked at Petra. "Hono Kaen reporting for duty!" She didn't want to admit it was her first job, she might not be of much help, but she had to do her best! Make a good first impression. Hono looked around the bank, she had never been inside, it was bigger than it looked on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Avaritia

Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] GQm2KfM

//"...congratulations."//

Petra didn't seem shaken or even slightly amused by Tex's joke... in fact, she didn't even seem to recognize it as a joke. Her response was dry and earnest, as though she thought the Cadet believed his accomplishment was actually worthy of bragging rights.

Now, she didn't expect anyone to actually address her directly; the plan was for them to inquire at the front desk so she could step in, but she supposed that their perception to her quite obviously important appearance what with the well-tailored suit, earpiece and nametag combined with her apparent loitering was somewhat worthy of praise.

//"You're all here. Good. Follow me, the security measures you are to assist in upgrading are only accessible through Madam Avaritia's office."// Without much ceremony or even directly addressing any of them, Petra turned around and began to lead them towards the elevator. Once they were all in-- and she'd wait until they were before allowing the doors to close-- she crossed her arms and began explaining their mission in the confines of the elevator. //"Our new security systems are meant to directly hinder individuals with supernatural powers from entering. This part of the Bank only contains a small portion of the planned total, but calibrating them to your general attributes is essential so that future implementations of the system don't require the same work put into them. I'm aware that you cannot summon the entirety of your supernatural powers until night time, but your Soulbound Weapons and any skills you may be able to use on your own will more than suffice for this."//

The elevator ride would take a fair few minutes, and Petra would go silent after her explanation as if to allow the Cadets to pose any questions they might have.
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 am

Yuri followed the woman onto the elevator, pleased to hear that the government was introducing such a concept. He didn't want to waste time with too many questions, as they'd surely find out soon enough, though he did wonder one thing in particular. "Is this system designed to detect anyone with powers who approaches the premises, or does it require active use of powers?" While the latter was still helpful, the former would make an astronomical difference. They'd be able to find anyone with powers who happened to come here, regardless of if they were trying something illegal, and given the significance of the bank, that was likely to happen often. So was that someone would try and break in. This was a great location to choose to install it.
Back to top Go down
Hammer Space

Hammer Space

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:55 am

Tex didn't seem put-off at all by her reaction. "Yeah, I'm just doing my service. I try and keep it quiet, y'know?" With that lie aside, Tex went quiet, not so much as looking at the other Cadets present. Well, except Athena. That skirt could NOT be allowed by the Cadet Dress Code, could it? What a THOT. He followed Petra into the elevator, and listened to her explanation, seeming a bit bored. He wished he'd brought something to entertain himself with, but he supposed he'd just have to stand around in the elevator for a while. "So you just want us to try an' smash 'em up to get them actually workin' if there's a break in, right? Don't worry, I'll bash 'em REAL good. Or as good as you want me too. Lemmie know what kinda' intensity you're looking for, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Squishy

Squishy

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 12:00 am

Hono looked at Petra, Following the woman into the elevator, Hono wasn't very tech-savvy, so she just hoped she would be able to assist Petra with her task. Hono would have to rely on her teammates when it came to tech. Her teammates for this operation were... different to say the least. Athena seemed to be very serious with her work, though she wanted to be seen. Hono could smell the lavender as she stood next to her. Tex was definitely a jokester. Hono couldn't form an opinion on Yuri, as they remained silent. As the other began asking questions Hono formed on of her own. "If it picks up anything, does it sound an alarm or is it a private thing that only the security will know about?" Hono asked Petra raising an eyebrow while crossing her arms.
Back to top Go down
Athena

Athena

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 am

Athena followed the group not really looking at the woman, instead she took a moment to marvel at the complex architecture of the bank. She didn't really have the chance to come here before and was impressed by how polish and organized the building looked. "I see..." Athena only said as she entered the elevator.

"It would be certainly useful if the class of cadets could be notified should your alarm detect someone. I don't doubt the skills of your own security but the supernatural advantages us persona users wield can cause a lot of trouble if fallen to the wrong hands."
Back to top Go down
Avaritia

Avaritia

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:41 am

//"Unfortunately, no. If we had the technology to detect when someone had powers without them using them, it wouldn't be limited to a simple security system. I am certain that we'd be forced to deploy it all across the city to immediately catch Psyche Terrorists before they became a threat. It's difficult to integrate these supernatural powers into technology in the first place..."// Petra trailed off for a moment, pinching her chin as if deep in thought. They certainly made very good questions, it would be extremely useful if they had that kind of power... but that was likely never going to be a thing. //"Either way. Our systems are notified first and foremost if there is a breach; the Bank is perfectly capable of defending itself, after all. Madam Avaritia has said that Cadets are only to be called as a last resort. From what I know, that's the modus operandi of all District Leaders."// She didn't understand the reasoning, and honestly didn't really care to. After all, she wasn't in any position to question the District Leaders, and certainly didn't have any motivation to do so either. Regardless, the elevator would soon open up directly to Avaritia's office, as they'd see by the chic desk and overall tidy appearance even though it was a huge room all things considered. The District Leader was, unfortunately, not present at the moment.

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] AcXdWRZ

//"Here we are. Just beyond this door, if you would."//

Petra would take them around Avaritia's desk to a steel door behind it with a card reader. The Head of IT would pluck her ID off her breast pocket and insert it into the card reader, upon which the door opened with a metallic whir, revealing a large staircase leading from the top floor straight down to the underground of the Bank...

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] ZZVY3UH

-Avaritia's Bunker-

Legend:

...what greeted the Cadets upon descending was a sprawling fortified complex of reinforced steel walls various winding hallways. It was currently empty, but the immaculate look contrasted against the cold emotionless technology lining the bunker. Various screens and security cameras were placed in strategic spots, and from the entrance they could spot a gun turret with a computer terminal sitting idle at the end of the corridor.

//"The security system's main offensive features are currently disabled. Your task is to navigate to one of each level of security door and engage it in combat while I calibrate it. I'll allow you to choose your path, following the map on this tablet."// Petra reached towards the wall just next to the entrance door and removed a panel from it, which lit up into a comprehensive display of the bunker's layout. //"I suggest the highest ranking Cadet act as the leader for this mission. I am at your command."//

Petra Tension:
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 10:21 pm

That was a shame. Still, technology will grow better day by day. Hopefully they'd reach that level soon. Hearing that the Cadets weren't automatically contacted was displeasing to him, though as long as the District Leaders were certain they could handle things perfectly fine on their own, it didn't matter. He could always patrol in his off time to make up for that. Always gotta stay on top of things and be productive. That's how you be the greatest ever, like Yuri was.

Once the elevator opened up, he was met with the sight of a rather cool looking office. Very modern, as one would call it, though the fact that the desk rounded off on the side could have made it very easy to drop things off of it, which was the only downside that he could see. Just imagining how many times the owner's pens could have rolled off was sicko mode inducing. Only a left-handed person wouldn't have that issue. Unless... if this was Avaritia's office, was she left-handed? Damn, that was good to know. Maybe that knowledge could come in handy one of these days. Following the Petra down the stairs, the Yurinator's suspicions were confirmed. This probably was in fact the office of Avaritia. Only someone as important as her would have the office that has the one hidden entrance into a super secret bunker labrynth. Unless, of course, Avaritia actually lived in some other building entirely. Then again, maybe this thing had two entrances, and this was the Petranator's office all along. Even then, it was still possible that Avaritia lived in this building, but this wasn't her office, and she had her own even secreter labrynth, or none at all. That seemed like a poor decision, so it probably wasn't the case, but it was still possible.

Engage the doors in combat? They could just carve a hole through them with their soulbounds like the Jedi do in Star Wars with their lightsabers. Perhaps there was some anti-soulbound defense mechanism. These people seemed smart enough, so they probably would have accounted for that. That was unfortunate for Yuri, given how a soulbound was his only form of attack. Perhaps he couldn't help fight the doors after all. There was no guarantee that they were immune, though. The most logical decision was to just try it and see for himself. The Yurinator headed on to the nearest door possible.
Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 1:07 am

There seemed to be something up by the turret around the corner. Since it wasn't activated, he didn't have to worry about dying instantly, and approached. "Oh? What do we have here?"
Action:
Stats:
Skills:
Back to top Go down
Hammer Space

Hammer Space

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 6:44 am

Toony toony strolly strolly.

Stats:

Action:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]   System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1] Empty

Back to top Go down

System Upgrade [Avaritia Mission #1]
Page 1 of 1