Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Code of Conduct

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Shop (Black Market)

->Missions (Case Files)

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

August 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) 2r3z8z4
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackie

Jackie

The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) Empty
PostSubject: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 3:13 am

East Eden was one of Rory's least favorite places in Endymion. There was nobody to scam, let alone anything fun to do. Yet, he found himself being drawn there, today. After the events of the last night...he wanted to get away from the City. Away from people. He found himself sitting on a hill, watching clouds quietly, while Clancy had run off somewhere, probably causing trouble for someone. Rory liked his brother, but his worst fear continued to be something ending up getting broken. He could barely afford rent and food, he wouldn't be able to pay extra out of pocket for repairs, and Clancy, honest kid he was, wouldn't let him leave without paying. Part of him wished Raidou payed him in actual money instead of Psyche Terrorist Fun-Bucks. But he supposed someone couldn't get everything they wanted, and the equipment he bought with said fun-bucks was near invaluable. He supposed there was something to be said for staying alive.

He let out a heavy breath, and turned his mind to other things. He watched a cloud shaped oddly like a Pig for a short moment. He had used to like cloud watching, once. Before the Divide. It was about the only passtime he had, with all the business lessons being forced upon him. Of course, now his hobbies were fairly different. Being an Underground Rap Sensation wasn't easy work, but spitting hot fire was fun. He was less inclined to call watching meme pages a hobby, but only listing one thing would make it sound like his life wasn't going anywhere.

It totally was, once he went big in the rap game, he'd never have to worry again. Common Cents would be a household name, and he'd probably die in a drive-by shooting by 30, like all the great rappers...assuming he didn't die by clown or Demon, first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamsin Ferrell

Tamsin Ferrell

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 3:34 am

Tamsin loved East Eden. She loved it because it was quiet. Even quieter than Sunlake. And it didnt have a throng of young orphans scrambling for the attentions of "Sissy." Damn them and their pet names anyway. Today, she was feeling adventurous, like she need to avoid the thoughts that plagued her. Thoughts of the night and nightmares. Things she couldn't forget even if she tried to. And worse than the memories, knowledge that it would only get worse.

She had wanted to be a Cadet before. This sort of thing was bound to end up before her eyes eventually. So she didnt complain. She would deal with it like the rest of her team. Even if all that meant was avoiding the kids again to go gallivanting off through the city alone. Again.

So here she was, in the quiet of autumn, hopping a fence into what was probably the horse pasture, but it could have easily been one of the many unoccupied fields. It was hard to tell in the late fall.

She had only been walking a little while when she saw someone sitting on a hill. She had just emerged from a thicket of trees, smacking at a couple of them with a stick she'd snapped off a half-dead cedar tree. When she saw him there, sitting in silence amid fallen leaves and the clouds drifting by overhead, there was a pensive silence in the scene that struck her as important somehow. Like she was watching the last page of a chapter in a book. Feeling the end of the scene, but knowing the next was coming in short order.

Whatever it was that arrested her attention, she stood there with her stick just watching, wondering, for probably too long a moment. He'd see her with ease, she suddenly thought, snapping out of her daze. How was she supposed to explain that she was out here staring at strangers for absolutely no reason what so ever?

Crap.

Compendium
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 5:14 am

Despite himself, Rory had eventually found himself to be enjoying watching the clouds. It was a nice moment of calm, in the middle of what had been the second worst week of his life. He didn't expect it to last long, though. As relaxing as it was, he was a busy guy, and he wouldn't be able to hang around East Eden all day. He'd half to get back into the city, and get to work. Slacking off all day would never get him anywhere. He needed to either work on his rap gang, or get a few bucks off some unsuspecting people working on watches. He also didn't exactly want to be out at night with his brother. If worse came to worst and he had to put on his mask...he wasn't ready to be judged like that. There was a reason he lied and said he was an IT Technician whenever the subject of what he actually did to get money came up. Some part of him felt bad, but it beat the alternative of his brother looking at him like some kind of criminal...which he was, on several levels, but...

He found him self looking away from the clouds, and standing up, brushing a few stray pieces of grass away. It was time to round up Clancy, and...well, that was the original plan. Then he noticed that...someone was watching him. Some strange girl. His first instinct was to check his phone, certain he had some image saved that would sum up this situation...

Shitpost Gallery:

Oh, yeah baby. That was the good shit. A carefully selected meme. It was almost as good as chocolate. Almost. That didn't solve the problem of being stared at though. He didn't find himself being too concerned about it, and instead ended up deciding to play it off coolly, after putting his phone away.

The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) Latest?cb=20180429104018

"Watching me, or the clouds? Ah well, it's not like it matters much, huh?"

Rory called down, before carefully making his way to the bottom  of the hill. "A stick huh? Playing fetch, or something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamsin Ferrell

Tamsin Ferrell

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 7:34 pm

And now she was completely found out. She blushed a little, drawing back a pace, and looked at the stick in her hand. The boy was coming toward her now, making conversation. Something about him seemed familiar, though she couldn't begin to put her finger on what it was. She quickly tossed the stick away, as though she'd just noticed there was a snake in her hand.

"Oh, I was just...practicing my sword swing." She claimed, brushing bark dust off on her t-shirt, "I...wasn't expecting anyone else to be around, so I guess you caught me off-guard..." She excused herself, in the manner of any child who has been found engaged in act of play-fighting by an adult. The embarrassment was plain in her guarded expression.

Compendium
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Rory tilted his head a bit. This girl was...odd, he decided. Well, he couldn't judge. Everyone was a little odd. Maybe at least this way he could teach her not to stare at random people unless she was willing to get involved with a conversation with them. Rory was feeling generous today, ready to teach all sorts of life lessons to the children, like any good Rap God would. He was there for the people, after all. Big, small, or weird. "Practicing swinging a sword around, huh? You one of those Kendo Kids, or something? I never really got how beating another kid with a stick is okay if you call it a sport, but hey, there's something for everyone...I guess." Maybe some people liked that sort of thing. He never really cared much for sports himself, but whatever.

"Fair enough. Didn't realize anyone else was going to want to hang around here, either. Sometimes it's just good to get out of the city for a while."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Tamsin shrugged, rubbing her arm a bit. "Yeah, well, it's less for use on kids and more for use on...anyone else. You have to protect yourself, and your family. Especially with all the stuff happening lately." She glanced away, not wanting to appear vulnerable. She was putting all of that behind her, it didn't do to dwell on it...and yet...

"Yeah, I didn't want to go into town today either. Especially after the terrorists and the church...Although, I guess some stuff happened out here too. It's probably not really safe anywhere is it?" She'd just talked herself into a circle, she realized, but she wasn't sure how to get herself out of it, so she just trailed off, leaning her back up against a nearby tree. "Atleast it's a nice day." she finally settled on.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 9:26 pm

"Ah...yeah, I can get that. What can you do if you can't protect yourself, right? That said, I dunno if a stick is the epitome of home defence or anything...ah, I'm sure you have it figured out." Not the kind of answer he'd been expecting from a girl playing around with a stick, but he could dig it. And he certainly preferred this kind of kid to one of those entitled brats with Daddy's Credit Card. Part of him wanted to tell her that a stick...or any kind of normal weaponry, really, wouldn't stop any of Endymion's nasties, but that was an incredibly horrible idea. She'd be fine whether he told her or not...probably.

"Oh, yeah. I heard about the Church...that's rough." Maybe he needed to retire the old priest costume. Nobody fell for that con anyway, after all. "Really though, it was less about feeling safe, and more that it's just been a long week. Sometimes you just have to get away from it all." He had written an essay on Sunlake Palms once...suddenly he was glad he hadn't discussed the church much in it. "Guess it is a nice day, huh? I don't really visit Eden often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Tamsin could have laughed at the irony of him cautioning her against using a stick for home defense. She had something much more powerful than a stick, that was for certain. But it wasn't like she could tell him that. Hiding Psyche terrorist actions was hard sometimes. It meant pretending you didn't know things, or could see things. It meant spending your time during the day as something less than yourself. And at night, you hid the opposite half. Like flipping a coin, you could never show both sides at once. It was tiring, and unhealthy. It grated on her whenever she had to justify leaving the orphanage at night, and when she had to explain her absense the next morning.

Sometimes you gotta get away from it all. Damn, he didn't know how much she felt that. "Yeah, I understand that." She said, with a sigh that told of her own fatigue... a bit too much fatigue for a fourteen year old girl to have. People always told her she was mature for her age, but really she just couldn't afford to be immature. It wasn't like she wanted to be an adult already..."I don't either. I hear there's horses, but I don't think I've ever even been to the ranch." She said conversationally, glad for the more mundane direction of conversation that didn't require her to screen her answers or comments.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Rory wouldn't exactly call himself a fan of his nightly activities. For the most part, he just stepped in to heal anyone dumb enough to get in trouble involving a demon. He stayed unseen, not at all willing to heal someone who was then dumb enough to call the cops on a terrorist. Unfortunately, the alternatives weren't great either. Hanging around with Wicked and the others was...difficult. But he couldn't just flake out on them...well, he could. Quite easily, actually, but he found himself being invested in making sure that...WHOEVER that bag wearing guy ended up being taken down. He could abandon the group easily, but he found himself being unable to let the matter go. And on some level, knowing that made him feel terrible. But hey, most people'd be inclined to call him a bad person anyway, just for conning people.

"It's been a long, long time since I've ridden a horse. Since way back before the Divide, actually. I've never been to the ranch either, though. He couldn't justify renting a horse, of all things. At least outside of some form of special occasion. The girl seemed to have some form of stress, but he wasn't one to pry. Whatever issues she had, they were her own. "So, you hang around East Eden a lot, I take it? When I come here I usually stick around the campgrounds. Granted the only time I usually come is for my Brother's birthday...it's pretty easy to hold a small party around the camp."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tamsin Ferrell

Tamsin Ferrell

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Tamsin thought about horses. He'd brought them up, and now she was realizing that beyond knowing that they were here, she hadn't ever been to the ranch either. She hadn't given it a whole lot of thought, but she was realizing that the thought of confronting a horse and attempting to ride it was a bit daunting to her. That...and lessons were expensive. "I've never ridden a horse. Or been to the ranch. Horses are expensive. And big." She pointed out, as if their size was a general reason to avoid them. She'd seen what a horse's kick could do in movies. Not a pretty sight.

Tamsin shrugged at Rory's next question, eyes glancing around for evidence of his second statement. "A little brother?" She asked. The boy looked like he was atleast Isaac's age, and doubted any older brother would require a recurring birthday location. The mention of a younger sibling seemed to engage Tamsin a little. She'd been avoiding her own "sibling" responsibilities, but she did like children, generally...

Compendium
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyFri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

"They're not so bad. I never really liked riding them, though. So it's not like you're missing out on much. But like, who knows. Maybe you'd like it better than I did. Different tastes, right?" Rory shrugged, not too bothered. She made some good points, Horses WERE big and expensive. More of a sign of wealth than something you'd keep as a pet. Well, wealth or working on a farm for however long it took a horse to show up. That was how one got horses, right? They just waited for nature to take it's course?

"Eh? Oh, yeah. Kid brother. He's off playing somewhere around here. I was actually just about to call him and have him meet up with me." He didn't think too much of her sudden interest. "He's probably a bit younger than you. Only 11." And yet, apparently Rory'd rubbed off on him, because the kid could already manage sass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyWed May 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Tamsin smiled a little, a fleeting memory playing behind her eyes. She could remember the way Ty used to run around. A little ball of untapped kinetic energy, dad used to say. It wasn't often the memory came back. She'd tucked it squarely away for when she was in places where she could feel things without people watching.

But she was being watched now, and she was determined not to do more than skim the thought. If she focused on it too much, it would only cause her pain. "I had a little brother too. Before the Divide. He'd be about that age too." She said, her voice was soft, but clear. It didn't break, thankfully. She wasn't about to bear her soul to a stranger. This was enough.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 6:08 am

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that." Rory offered, genuinely. He knew what it was like, losing family in the Divide. He'd never exactly been close to his parents, with them running a company and all, but it had still stung...losing his brother too, though? He'd probably be a way worse criminal...and probably already locked up for something or other. He decided to quietly change the subject, since he imagined that wasn't exactly a nice memory for her, no matter what that story ended with.

"...The name's Rory, by the way." Normally, he'd give her the name Zack, but he wasn't scamming her, after all. Usually the fake was just to cover bases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:29 pm

"Tamsin." She took the change of subject thankfully, glad that he hadn't pressed further. It was probably typical to say something like "It's okay," or "That was a long time ago," or some other vague line showing she had gotten over it. But of course it would have been a lie. And Tamsin really didn't like lying when she could help it.

She really didn't know what else to say to the stranger though. They'd exchanged names now. They knew each other. And for some reason, Tamsin still had the strange sensation this wasn't their first meeting. But who could say? Maybe they'd frequented the same coffee shop or something. In any case, it felt weird to linger here, without anything to add. "Well, I- guess I should be going. See you around, Rory." She said probably a little too quickly, and pushed herself away from the tree to start walking back the way she'd come.

Colors:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:38 pm

"Yeah, see you, Tamsin." Rory waived, only sighed softly once she was gone. He supposed she was pretty alright to talk to, even if it felt like he'd derailed the conversation by bringing up Clancy...it couldn't be helped though, he supposed. It wasn't like he had known...still, and in all, that wasn't the worst thing he'd ever done. He checked his knock-off watch for the time, then shook his head. It was time to head home, anyway. He just needed to gather up Clancy, first. He would choose to hope that he hadn't said anything too bad.

It would be a quiet trip back to the city, as Rory absently checked his phone. It was getting closer and closer to night...he would have to be prepared to get to work.

[End]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)   The Horses in the Back (Tamsin) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Horses in the Back (Tamsin)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next