Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] Empty
PostSubject: Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon]   Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:48 am

"You didn't bring anymore trashbags full of dead things today, did you?*" Mr. Kaska was at the counter, arranging a new counter display when Nadia walked in. One glance was all he needed to know exactly who had walked in the door. It had been a couple days since Nadia had been called in to work, and she was a little worried that he'd been cross with her for bring a dead and fairly mangled kitten back with him. It was hard to tell when Mr. Kaska was cross about something. Rather, he always appeared to be cross.

In response to his sardonic question, Nadia simply shook her head. "No sir." She replied, approaching the counter. As she approached, she saw the kitten. It appeared to be sleeping peacefully on the counter. It was wonderful craftsmanship. In fact, if she hadn't seen it herself, she'd hardly believed the state it was in when she brought it in was possible. With a small smile on her face she lightly stroked the still creature. A few seconds passed, and Kaska simply sighed.

"Just call first next time. And wear gloves, for crying out loud if you're going to be touching bleeding animals." He shook his head, scratching his neck in irritation. But there was something...appreciative about the tone, somehow. Nadia couldn't quite place it. And the result was so beautiful, she couldn't possible be upset about his reaction.

"It's beautiful, Mr. Kaska." She told him, wide eyes following him as he headed through the door back to his office. He stopped for a moment, and shook his head, but Nadia could swear there was a ghost of a smile on his face.

As he left her to her own devices, she left her bag behind the counter as usual, and began dusting the shelves that she hadn't dusted the time before. There were only a couple customers for the first few hours, and by the mid point of her shift, she found herself dusting the other side of the store. It was amazing how much dust accrued in some areas after just a couple of days.

Light was filtering in from outside, casting the small shop in hues of hold and bronze. Nadia relished the silence, and sat on the sill of the shop's large display window and watched people passing on the street. Seeing their faces as they tried to avoid looking at the shop, or the fascinated faces of children who reached out to drag fingers along the pane of glass. When did adults lose that sense of formless wonder, she asked herself, and how could she make sure she retained it? Watching through the glass made her realize how much it needed a good cleaning. So, she stood and head back to the counter, but there weren't any cleaning supplies for glass on the shelves behind it.

She looked at the door that led back to the offices and contemplated it for a moment. She'd never strayed back there. she'd never been expressly told that she couldn't. But without a reason, she felt like it was some kind of intrusion. But, this might be a good excuse to find out what was back there.

Curiosity freshly piqued, Nadia crept through the doorway. In the silence, she felt like a thief in the night for some reason, like she was entering a sacred, forbidden space. Looking for lost treasure? Honestly, the things her overactive mind came up with...

As she moved down the short hallway, she found herself surrounded by office...stuff. A cluttered, unused desk to the right, an industrial printer to her left. Both piled with documents and leaflets. The sound of key clicking alerted her that Kaska was in the room to the left after the printer, and she knocked lightly on the door frame before she poked her head in.

"I was wondering how long it was going to take you before you poked your inquisitive nose back here." Kaska remarked in a dry, but clearly amused tone. He hadn't turned to look at her, but he could see her in the reflection on his...not one, not two, but three computer screens. They were covered from one side to the other with windows, internet tabs, and what looked like a text editing program.

"What is it you do back here?" She asked, momentarily forgetting her true purpose. "Also, do you have any glass cleaner?"

Kaska chuckled like a cough. "Shameless, aren't you? It's not a bad thing in the right situations." He remarked, still clicking away. Then he stopped, and spun around. "I'm sure you've noticed that the shop isn't exactly a one-stop shop. I can't afford to keep this place open, let alone sustain myself, off of just this shop's profits. So this..." He pointed to the screen. "Is my real job. I code programs, apps, and webpages. You could say this is my "real" job. That's why I hired you, so I can dedicate more time to this."

Nadia, feeling a little less like a thief and more like a guest, ventured into the room a step, and looked around at the piled books, various office supplies, and other reference material. On the walls of the office were a couple outdated Anime posters. Nadia lingered on them a moment, feeling like they were out of place, and yet at the same time, she could see this man watching things like that. "Why do you keep the shop open if it doesn't make money? wouldn't you be better off if you just focused on the coding."

Kaska sat back in his chair and shrugged. "Because I want to. I don't lose that much, considering my family has owned this building for years, I just pay upkeep on it, and the Loft above it." Nadia looked up, as if she could see the loft through the ceiling now that she knew about it.

"So, you live and work here?"

"I used to. But now I have a slightly bigger place. The loft is empty..." He followed her still upward gaze, watching the gears tick behind her eyes. "What's you're interest? You're a bit young to be living alone."

"it's complicated." She replied truthfully, with a shrug. "But yes...I was looking to find something a bit more private than my current situation."

Kaska opened his mouth to talk, but a chime of the counter bell distracted both of them. Nadia, startled, moved to leave. "We'll talk." he offered her as she left, and returned to his work.  

Nadia greeted the customer at the counter with a bright smile, but stopped short a few feet from the counter. Standing on the other side was her Bridgett, from the Inn. She was looking around, seeming a little creeped out. "You really are working here, Nadia! I heard you'd gotten yourself another job. For such a shut-in, you're really kind of a work-a-holic. Just like that other girl you brought in...**"

"Bridgett...hello." Nadia offered a small smile. "I wouldn't have expected you to come here."

"Honestly, I was just shopping in the area and thought I'd see if the rumor was true. Man...This place is creepy...but it's perfect for you. Not that you're creepy, or anything."

Nadia smiled a rueful smile. "I'm a little creepy. it's okay."

Both girls laughed.

Nadia did her best to idly chit chat with Bridgett for a few minutes, before going back to retrieve the window-cleaner from the back this time. When she came back in from cleaning the shop window, Mr. Kaska was writing on something on the counter, with a look of dour concentration.

As she approached, he spun the paper around facing her. "...Fill this out. Application fee is $25 non-refundable."

Nadia looked down at the piece of paper, and it took her a long moment before she really realized what it was. It was a renter's application. She looked up at him, eyes wide in surprise. "Are you sure?"

"Don't look so surprised. I was thinking about renting it out anyway. This way I can just pay you less instead of charging rent, which takes a bunch of steps out of my process. You don't look like the kind to have wild parties, so I don't have to worry about noisy tenants interfering with the shop. Plus, I can leave stuff like opening the shop and closing it up to you. Hell, I could probably just not come in some days. So really, this is just me being lazy."

Everything he said made sense to her and yet...she couldn't help but be grateful. This gave her everything she needed...She could be much more self-sufficient this way. She wanted to hug him, but as there was a counter in the way, and it would likely break decorum, she instead simply paid the application fee and smiled at him. "Thank you so much, Mr. Kaska...Thank you."

"Geeze, don't get weepy. I like it better when you're drawing skulls."
---------------------
* See "Happy Little Accidents"

** See "Two People with No Social Skills Break into a House"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon]   Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon] EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 pm

3600 VC gained!

>Grammar acceptable
>Interesting
>1000 words reached
Back to top Go down

Just...Another day at the office [Work | Afternoon]
Page 1 of 1