Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Steele

Steele

In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] Empty
PostSubject: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Nadia slid her phone into her pocket after her short text with Cecil. She frowned up at the facade of the Bathhouse rising up over the streets of Little Japan. The Bathhouse could wait, she supposed. Briefly, she entertained the thought of inviting the blond German woman she had met at school. But thought better of it for now. Afterall, if Cecil thought it was...too soon, then it probably would be the same way with the Cadet.

Not everyone was as excited to have new experiences with her as she was with them. But that was okay too. People were entitled to live their lives the way they wanted. Even if she did try to drag them out of their comfort zones from time to time.

It was an unseasonably cold afternoon, she thought, but still the street was full of people on either side as her black boots clipped along the stone walkway. It wasn't long before she reached the place she'd said she meet him, and leaned against a stone carving of a dragon that she'd taken a picture of earlier.

settling into her normal pastime of being totally invisible, she watched the people as they came and went. Children begging for toys, lovers sneaking down alleys, shop keepers calling out from their stalls. Nadia wondered at why her parents had never brought her here. Was there something wrong with her? Was she unfit for them to take into town with them? To see in public. They said children should be seen and not heard, but for her it was like she hadn't meant to be seen either. If you weren't seen and weren't heard...dis you really exist at all?

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Cecil looked at the text for a moment, before his eyes widened with alarm. "Wait, shit, now?!"

========

The blond boy would arrive a good while later, headphones around his neck and distinctly out of breath. He looks around in a mad panic, seeing the fixture he'd taken far too long to locate but glossing over the girl right by it in his stupor. He approaches with plodding steps and heavy breaths, arriving at the dragon carvings and...slumping onto one of them, head buried in his arms.
He soon bashes his head against his arms as another realisation strikes. "Goddammit, I was just texting them...why didn't I say I'd be a while? They're probably not here now..." He starts to repeat the motion, frustrated and not entirely thinking straight. "Why! Didn't! I! Just! Text!"
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Nadia had slid down to wrap her arms around her knees. Perhaps she should have specified a different time instead of expecting him to come immediately. That was foolish. How could she have expected him to just show up?

"Why didn't I say I'd be a while? They're probably not there now..."

When Nadia heard the voice, she knew exactly who that self-depreciating pronouncement belonged to. Poking her head out from between the two statues, Nadia looked up at him. She'd been crouching, sure, but a look around the statues would have found her with ease... the fact that missing her seemed to eat him up so badly amused her. There was something else in the amusement though that she wasn't sure she could identify. It was a good feeling though.

"Cecil." she spoke his name to alert him to her proximity, still crouched and small between the statues."Hello." She sounded a little groggy, but looked up at him with a slight apologetic incline to her eyebrows. "I apologize for asking you to meet me on such short notice, without any regard for what you might have had planned." she apologized, standing up and stretching out her legs.

"I hope I didn't cause you any trouble." she finished, dusting off the skirt that she was wearing over her jeans.

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Cecil's head rises slowly after a moment's pause, turning towards Nadia's voice at a torturously sluggish rate. Sure enough, they were there, and for a moment Cecil just stared. "...just...how much of that did you...?"

He shakes his head, sharp and sudden, and then it all vanishes for his face. "Don't worry about it, it's fine. I...rarely have plans, anyway." He chuckles awkwardly, scratching at the back of his head. "More than I used to, once upon a time...anything's higher than nothing, really...but yeah, don't worry about interrupting things. There usually isn't anything to interrupt." His face is still flushed from the long run, and from the sound of his voice he hasn't entirely got his breath back. He certainly managed to surprise himself though with his stamina...he kept that up way longer than he expected, though he was still wiped out now.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 am

Nadia's apologetic expression cracked into a smile as the breathless boy explained his lack of plans. He was still panting a little, like he had been running. And while it was her fault for springing this on him, the fact that he had come running...made her happy. Is that what it meant to have a friend? A real friend...

"come along." she reached for his hand with both of hers and pulled him gently towards the bustling street. "There is a Tea shop across the way where we can sit and you can catch your breath." she offered, letting go of his hand once he'd started moving with her.

It was afternoon, not a prime time for tea consumption, so it didn't take long to have them seated. The hostess settled them on Japanese style short tables with cushions on either side, all arranged on authentic tatami mats. Their table was positioned beside a small veranda which looked out over a modest rock garden, adjoining this establishment to the one behind it. Once they were settled, Nadia spoke fondly. "You've probably been to Little Tokyo before, haven't you?"

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 9:51 am

"Hey, what-?!" Cecil startles as he's grabbed and pulled along, moving easily with the tug despite the gentleness of the motion. Soon, he's following Nadia without really thinking about it, scratching at the back of his head with his freed hand. "Oh, ah...that's...that sounds good right now."

Cecil took a moment to settle himself down, not...quite sure about how to go about things with this seating style, mostly following Nadia's lead. He nods a little at Nadia's question, giving a quick glance over the rock garden before looking back to the girl that had brought him here. "Yeah...I mean -" He gives a brief, awkward chuckle. "The alternative is completely avoiding the district. But I've found good things here. Got...one of my first good, and certainly my best friend here in the district. I...also found, a...taco, stand, once. One...run by a clown I'd seen once before kicking up a lot of noise in school, prior to being literally thrown out. Don't think it's still there, though..."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 pm

A Taco stand in Little Japan...well, the japanese did have strange tastes sometimes, she thought. The statement made her giggle slightly, as she propped her chin on one hand and studied him. His spirits seemed a bit higher today, but that seep-seated self-conflict wasn't going anywhere. Nadia knew that from experience. Still, she decided it was nice just chatting like this. "I've actually never been through here. I've come close for school, but never explored quite this far. I've only had free roam of the city for the past year or so..." She trailed off, glancing toward the rock garden. A small bonzai tree was growing the a tangle of rocks near a small pond.

"which is a shame. I've always been fascinated by Japanese culture. The way they romanticize death and sacrifice. Samurai would commit ritual suicide to protect their honor-" She demonstrated by crossing two fingers over her abdomen as she described it. "Did you know that, in Japan, they have internet message boards where groups of strangers meet to discuss mass suicide?"

Her eye flicked back to Cecil, "I don't really believe in suicide, but isn't it interesting?" There was a sort of morbid excitement in her eyes as she looked at him.

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

A cold chill ran through Cecil at the turn of conversation, a flash of memory running through his eyes as he broke out in an involuntary shiver. "Why?"
He flinched at the tone his voice came out in, and shrunk back. "Sorry, just - I don't get it. I really don't. Why would you...glorify, that? What about the whole thing makes it so that people fixate on...ways to throw your life away?"

He shakes his head. "Not just a Japanese thing, but a...general, thing. It's been a thing through history, hasn't it? Just think of the concept of reaching Valhalla. That ideal of dying in a fight rather than living out your natural life..." He pauses. "I wonder if any of that spawned from something else more mundane...a need to warriors, or not being able to support the elderly or infirm..."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Nadia tapped her chin, thinking about his words as he said them, balancing against her own vague feelings on the matter. It was a challenging subject, but she certainly never shied away from a challenge. Leaning forward with her arms folded on the table, she opened her mouth just in time for the server to arrive to take their orders. She had completely forgotten that they were in a restaurant and therefore were expected to purchase something. She ordered a dark spiced tea with a name she couldn't pronounce - though she tried - and a plate of light rice balls for the two of them, before allowing Cecil to order. "Go ahead, it's on me." she told him, "I did drag you out here, afterall."

When the attendant had left, she turned her attention back to the topic at hand. "Actually, I agree with you. I couldn't imagine a reason to end my life. It seems like a waste of all the potential energy in my body. But then, that's exactly why it means something, I suppose. You only die once, and once you do, there's nothing left after that. So how you die means as much as how you live. The first and last chapter. Given that, is it really so strange that someone would want to make sure that the ending to their story is the one they choose, instead of one chosen for them by fate?" even as she said the words she was considering them in her own heart. Would she ever commit suicide or condone it for others? Not likely. But, by the same token, how did she envision her own story ending? She was not a great warrior who would be killed in battle. Nor was she the honorable sort who would give her life to make up for past failures.

No, she supposed she would probably either be killed by Demons when the walls of Endymion crumbled, or she'd live to be an old, lonely woman seizing in a hospital bed until she stopped moving. In either case she imagined it would be sudden, lonely, and fitting for someone who had no real place to belong.

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Cecil utterly failed to notice the server until orders were being taken, startling at the sudden form that was now right there WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
In the end, he just ordered a simple green tea and fell silent.

The topic continued to agitate him, the blond boy started to fidget as his face twisted. "I...I can understand that. I comprehend that. But that's not...it's just...!" His teeth grit. "They're not choosing. They're being pushed. All of them directing each other at a final end, ignoring what leads up to it, ignoring what could have been after it had you not been pushed to seek it out. Ignoring the matters of those around them and the influence even there mere presence, or lack thereof would have."

He starts to shake, ever so slightly. "...if you're going to pick a death, actually pick it yourself and understand what it means."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 12:56 am

Nadia recoiled a little as Cecil rebelled against the conversation. It was far from the first time someone had reacted negatively to her bringing up this kind of thing. She couldn't help it...she thought about it a lot. Was that wrong? Was it bad that she considered death so often? Suddenly she was stricken with fear, remembering past failures in the realm of friendship. The reason none of the girls who worked at the Inn would ever take time out of their own days to spend time with her.

And now she was doing the same thing to Cecil. Poor Cecil, who had enough to worry about, presumably, though she still hadn't found out what it was. Tentatively, Nadia reached out a hand to quell his shaking one. His words had been pointed, and suddenly she was concerned she must have struck a cord beyond the simple conversation. His reaction was drawing on some kind of inner pain. Laying her hand on his gently, she spoke. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you." She offered, with the most apologetic look she'd given him to date - maybe the most emotion she'd shown him at all, really, save a few smiles and giggles. "But, since we're here now, it feels like there's something triggering you here, in this topic. Will you tell me about it? You don't have to if you don't want to. But maybe it will help."

The best way to remove an arrow shaft was to push through rather than pull it out, and the same was true for fish hooks. And this conversation seemed barbed like either of those two things. So she'd push them through it naturally, and let it heal without more tearing than necessary. Having offered her apology, she went to remove her hand from his. "Fascinating as your sad eyes are to me, I'm curious to see what they look like when you find happiness as well."

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 am

He just couldn't help it now. The way his body shook, or the grimace fixed upon his face. The thoughts and feelings that welled up and flooded his mind, the questions, the questions why why why WHY
He couldn't speak. He barely heard. He felt the touch and saw the apologetic look, but he just couldn't, couldn't bear it. He'd done this, he'd made them worry, other people weren't supposed to worry about him, they had things better, so, so much better to be concerned with...

His breath shook with the rest of him. The words choked, it all choked, he felt breathless so breathless where was the air-
He couldn't, he couldn't breathe-

Sealed_Stars is away from the keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:28 am

Nadia was taking her hand away when the shaking continued, and somehow, she felt like maybe she had poisoned him. Now it was her hand shaking. What was wrong...? Was it her? Had her words really hit him that hard? Her hand, not yet even halfway back toward her, reached out again and wound about his, and squeezed gently. Her own blood was pumping a bit harder now, and her mind fought for words. "Cecil? You don't have to tell me...if you don't want to, that's fine. It's fine."

This was not fine.

She did her best to make eye contact, but his eyes were somewhere else, far away. She needed to say something to call them back. But what? She scanned back through her mind for pieces of conversation that may have led to a better point than this... then, she found something.

Nadia was unsure of whether or not touching Cecil was a good idea, but she needed to do something to get his attention. Gently, hesitantly, she touched his cheek, only briefly, then recoiled her hand. "You said before you met a good friend here - in Little Tokyo, right? Tell me about that person. Tell me about your best friend."

Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 am

Air air air air air I didn't want to do this I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS-
At the touch to his face Cecil leaps in place, gasping greedily for air like he'd been in a vacuum instead of hyperventilating. He felt it, he felt it in his lungs, the air, the air...
He looks with wild eyes to Nadia as she starts to talk again, listening, latching onto it.

"He, he...he's not from a-a, around here. G-g-got stuck in the country, i-in the Divide...got to Endymion. Here. Yeah, here..." He closes his eyes, scrunching them up as his jaw clamped. Remember that, yes, picture it, the moment. "Picking litter as some assholes chucked more to the ground in front of him and blew him off. That...met him then. Later at school, helped him with English. Found him again, working my area, showed him around to help with his route, talked and got his number..." He swallows, and speaks again with a voice trembling with emotion. "I...I did that myself. Me. The - the first - first person I, I made friends with...made friends with them, not them make friends with me..."

He...he had no idea just how much he'd cherished that moment til now. Elated as he was then, he...he was just realising-
That...he did that. That was him. He...he could, he did...
It was utterly impossible, but he did that...
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 am

It worked, thank the fates it Worked. Cecil was breathing now, easing, and as he came down he spoke to her about his friend, the one who had been the first person he'd talked to and gotten their number. It reminded her sharply and distinctly of how she felt when they had exchanged phone numbers by the post of the fence. Those withered flowers still hung there decrepit beside the beautiful wild flowers. She didn't let go of his hand...

And she didn't notice that there were tears budding in the corners of her eyes. "I know...I know Exactly what that feels like. Hold on to that feeling. Because that feeling is proof that you can change your life for the better." She hadn't realized it, but her hand was trembling in his. She should probably let go now.

So she did. Awkwardly, she slid her clammy out of his and, just as she was searching desperately for something to do with that hand, the waitress came back. The woman set the tea cups down in front of either of them, and slid the slender plate with five Onigiri balls in front of them, each an imperfect triangle. One look was enough to know that this was not a situation requiring her input, so she left, awkwardly, without a word. Nadia grasped her cup in both hands and tipped it towards her lips, let the warmth of it overwhelm her senses. When she closed her eyes, she could hear her beating heart in her ears.

Finally setting her tea down after an impossibly long sip, she found her emotional footing again, and wiped at her now itching eyes with a sleeve. "I'm sor-" She choked out a laugh. She wasn't really crying, but the emotions had pulled wetness from her eyes and dried her throat. "It seems all I do is apologize to you and say strange things. I'm a pretty awful friend, it seems."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]   In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil] Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Town of the Rising Sun [Cecil]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next