Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] Empty
PostSubject: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 4:41 pm

A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] 707589ccb20ad9b3e8b7e653cd383c20--book-shops-store-fronts
"Good Morning Sir! Welcome to Papyrus Bookstore!"

Kevin was greeted by the warm welcome of the cashier as he entered the bookstore. The bookstore has a retro feeling to it. Wooden floors, brick walls, windows with wooden frames, antique wooden furnitures and they use a small chandelier as their light source. It matches up with the fact that they sell old second-hand books. Heck, some books looks like as if they're written in the ancient times. Either way, the whole place was very clean despite it smells like old books. However, Kevin likes the smell of old books and only a bunch of people goes here, so it is very peaceful. This bookstore was a paradise for him.

He went to the aisle with mystery novels to find what murder mystery might pique his interest. He went book by book while browsing through the shelves, but none got his interest. However, one book catches his eye. For him, it is a treasure to find a book like it this especially that it is one of the original copies. The book was named "A Study in Scarlet" by Arthur Conan Doyle, this book was the first entry for the "Sherlock Holmes" series. Kevin slowly took the book with his two hands and looked at it in awe. Fortunately, since the book is old and second-hand, it has a cheap price. He immediately went to the cashier to purchase the book.

"You're lucky, this is the last one we have on stock. Mystery fans go bonkers for this book" the cashier said as he scanned the book. "That would be $2.88". Kevin took his wallet from his pocket and released a two dollar bill and a bunch of coins from it, the exact change. After getting the book, he went straight to the reading section in the bookstore. It has a comfortable couch and Kevin just can't wait to read the book. As he opened the first chapter, he got really absorbed to the story. If somebody wants to talk to him, they will have to approach him.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Walking into the book store, Gabe approached the manager and started up a little bit of a chat. The person in question was an old friend of Gabe's, someone that he would let read his manga throughout the first beginning stages when he really wanted to be a manga artist and share his novels and work with people to enjoy. Gabe still held a grudge deep down, but seeing, small businesses flourish like the papyrus bookstore always warmed his heart. After the small talk, Gabe decided to browse the whares kin search of a book that may hold his interest. He still wrote in secret, somehow hoping that things could turn around in the future.

Walking over to the reading section of the store, Gabe saw a familiar book in the hands of a young lad. "Sherlock Holmes? Wow, to think people who love a good mystery still exist. "
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 3:17 am

He was peacefully reading the book until an another young man took an interest in the book he was reading. This man is definitely older than Kevin, he looks matured and sophisticated. Kevin closed his book but leaving his pointing finger on the page as bookmark. "Ummm... yeah" he replied. "I have been a fan of the movies. It was a miracle that I found a book like this" he added. Now that the conversation started, Kevin became curious of the sophisticated man in front of him. "How about you? Do you like books like these? he strike up a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 am

"Movies? You know, have you ever wondered what happened to the actors after these crazy events happened? I could really go for another Robert Downey Jr myself. But I digress, it's not like i think that no one as of late exudes any real talent. As a matter of fact, I think you have the look at least to star in a young sherlock show about him growing up. " Chuckling to himself, Gabe would offer his hand to shake. "My name is Gabriel for starters, and yes, these are my favorite kinds of books. I remember a time when i used to write and draw myself.
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 6:12 am

Kevin blushed a bit from that remark. Him? as Young Sherlock? Somehow, there's an inner side of Kevin that says he wants to be a detective. "Me? Hahaha I guess I can but im not really an actor" Kevin said as he shake Gabriel's hand. Oh. You can call me Kevin. Nice to meet you, Gabriel" he smiled at Gabriel. But what interested him the most is Gabriel writes. Finally, someone that Kevin can get along with. It's so rare for him to meet people like Gabriel. "You write? That's cool! I write too, I am practicing to write news articles. But, I write poems and short stories sometimes"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

News articles huh? So what is the dream for you then? Going to find yourself on smile news tv someday?" Gabe would say this as he took note of Kevin's name." Well, assuming that is the plan, it's a good dream to have. Don't get me wrong when I say this, slaving the day away when it comes to doing something you love will always be a better deal than the alternative. " Though, his writing interested made Gabe pay attention more. "Oh? Do you have a poem on you by any chance?"
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 3:23 am

"Uhhh... no. I can't imagine myself being on TV. Maybe the head editor of a newspaper someday. But hey who knows, fate can be so playful sometimes" Kevin said, scratching the side of his head. "You're right" he agreed with Gabriel's statement. In fact, doing what you love is always better. "You want to read my poems? Umm.. okay, if you really want to" Kevin said. He took something from his backpack, a journal. Kevin opened the journal and flipped the pages until he reached the page where he wrote the best poems, he thinks. "Ummm... here. I write better by facts rather than emotions. So my poems can be pretty straightforward and plain." he gave the journal to Gabe.

Gabriel would see the following short poems on the page:

The ants gather the food
while the grasshopper lies comfortably
the grasshopper got hungry
so, he ate the ant's food like some buffet

Not all crocodiles live in the swamps
Some live in the white house
comfortably sitting in the presidential chair

The deceitful thief in the shadows
with many lies at their dispose
who steals while no one knows
are politicians with words full of rose

If he would notice, all the poems are about government corruption. "Umm... I'm sorry if there a lot of errors. But, don't hesitate to teach me a bunch of tips. I need to learn after all" Kevin said.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 12:01 pm

"Head of a newspaper huh? That's something that really would take your interest? " Thinking about it, Gabe wondered if things would be alright if a new and fresh face would be the one that could possibly represent a refined integrity filled smile news tv would be what constitutes "good change" around here? Maybe he shouldn't be getting the job now, the plan was to take down superbia and put the tv station in a position of having to clear their name in regards to possible whitewashing their news.

"Ah, the poem......"

Gabe would nod his head in silence as he listened to the man's poem. After Kevin finished, Gabe would shake his head. "Everyone has their own style that they have to master. I don't see anything wrong with yours. All I can really give you is constructive criticism, we shouldn't constantly seek to emulate each other, I'd rather further promote individuality. As for the name of the poem, does it have one? I think it constitutes the bitter truth of the world."
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 10:54 am

What does he mean by emulate? Writing the truth is not original? That is the duty of a journalist. So yeah, it is not original in some way or another. Kevin didn't pay it no mind but he took it as a motivation to be better. Or is he talking about how the poem was written? Anyways, that also really needs improvement too. "Oh... Thanks! I'll keep that in mind" Kevin smiled. "Title?" Now that Gave mentioned it, Kevin never gave his poems a title. He is not really good at giving them a title unless he wants to give them headlines. "I don't know..." Kevin said, scratching the side of his head. "I never give them a title. I suck at it unless headlines can be applied on poems like Fire blazed at the Backlight; 21 dead, 18 injured" He joked accompanied by his laugh after. But then, the laugh stopped because Kevin realized how morbid that joke was. "Oh... let's hope that won't happen" Kevin chuckled, and knocked whatever on his back as if it was a door. It was a superstition in his culture, when you said something bad is going to happen, knock whatever is in your back in order to prevent it from happening.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 am

"Things like titles are usually discovered after one is finished with their creative piece of work. I don't think that's anything you have to worry about right now Kevin, but I'm pretty sure that one of those poems are bound to get published in the subway stations of Endymion one day. Of course, something like this is provocative. However, I think the hard truth, as well as material that requires you ponder, is invaluable. "

Looking at Kevin knock on the wall, Gabe thought it was peculiar. "Hm, what was that about just now?"
Back to top Go down
IMainYordles!

IMainYordles!

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 am

"Oh don't mind me, that was a superstition my grandma taught me. When you said something like a bad future event, you have to knock whatever is in your back so it won't happen. That's why, I knocked on the wall behind me." Kevin answered. Kevin is not the type who believes in superstitions but, he follows them just not to get scolded by his grandparents. But now, I think he doesn't want the whole store to burn. Speaking of grandparents, umm well parents, it's getting late. Kevin looked at his watch. "Oh look at the time, time indeed flies by when you're having fun" Kevin said. He stood up from his chair and did a small bow to Gabriel. "It was nice meeting you Mister Gabriel, but im afraid I have to leave now" He said goodbye to the man before leaving the bookshop with a wave.

"Hmm, he's an actual writer. Maybe I could get him to tutor me next time" He thought to himself. "Oh geez... I forgot to get his contact number if I want him to tutor me" But, it was too late anyways.

~Exit
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 am

Upon shared common ground do we find kindred souls whose paths may intersect...

Gabriel Gatsby of the Magician and Kevin Wright of the Justice have established a bond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]   A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Good Day to Nerd Out [Gabe]
Page 1 of 1