Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] Empty
PostSubject: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 pm

At the moment, Dale was sat about in the Commercial Ward, having placed himself out of the way. Chip was sprawled atop his head, and he held a sketchpad and a pencil, of which he had a few more and some other things stashed away. A few...very rough doodles say on the page.
As much as being around people set his nerves badly alight, it wasn't as bad right now. He'd noticed that just for having these things for drawing, people seemed to pay less attention to him, mostly. It wasn't something he expected...but he liked it. An unexpected bonus.
These cost him a little, but it was stuff he could afford. He even managed to get the staff to help him learn how to get started with what he was doing - it was what brought him here now.

So, for now, Dale sat about and continued to practice drawing.
He couldn't do what was on that wall with these, but...he was liking this too.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 1:39 am

Walking through the Commercial Ward, Crow was grumbling to himself under his breath, his attention currently taken away by the notepad and pen in his hands, making somewhat irritated taps with the pen against stuff written on the pages. Buy this, buy that...God, why was it him who had to do this stuff anyway? He had enough of shopping for himself, but now he had to make runs for missing things at the club too? He really needed to do something about the management of things later, because he was not having fun with this. It would be even less fun finding all these things he had on his list before he turned into an old man. Bah.

Lo and behold, life decided to distract him even more, as his anxed mood made him accidentally drop the black pen, which he then proceeded to chase for a moment as it happily rolled across the ground....until he caught it almost right next to where the man doing his drawing was sitting at that time. Straightening back up with a huff after he picked up the runaway object, Crow would blink as he noticed a familiar figure in his line of sight. "Oh hey, didn't think I'd see you again."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Someone came close, but they'd probably go...they were speaking to him.
He'd heard that voice, even
Dale turns his gaze from his current sketch to look at them. It was that grey person for below. The one who'd told him about all this stuff. "It's you..." It doesn't look like he was expecting this either, though he seems strangely wary. "Found a place with drawing things. Got some, trying to figure it out. Not looking right yet." Had to keep doing this for a while, apparently...it wasn't something he had a problem with though, though it felt strange to be doing this instead of the things he normally did. It was different.

He turns his attention back to his sketchpad, pencil working away on another awkward doodle. It looked like it was...supposed to be one of the nearby buildings.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Crow would hook the pen on his notepad, casting the man a sheepish look. "Heh, yeah." Well, at least the other remembered him, if nothing else. Would have been a little awkward had he spoken to the guy only to get a weird look. You honestly can't be certain with some people and whether they care to memorize everyone they've met even just briefly at random. "Looks like things are going well for you then. Are you enjoying it?" It was actually a mild surprise that the guy took to picking up drawing so quickly, just due to being told about it back then. It was honestly an interesting thing to see, as many people were stubborn and set in their own opinions instead. Okay, usually, at least.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Thinking about it..."Yes." The pencil keeps working away. "It's weird. I've never had anything like this to do before. But now, I do." Another set of strokes. "People leave me alone too. Don't have to worry about them."
As his head moves about, Chip does a remarkable job in actually managing to stay in his place atop Dale's head, rather comfortably at that. He looks at Crow for a moment, before hopping down to Dale's side.
The sketch is coming along. If nothing else, he seems to have a good eye, but his technique leaves a lot be desired. Pencil could do with sharpening, too.
"Have you done any of this stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 pm

Crow would tap a few fingers of his free hand against his chin. "Yeah, I guess people are less likely to bother someone who seems busy." Perhaps they thought it was rude, or assumed a person who was doing something would be a harder target to distract. Who knew. It could be hard to figure out intentions, but certain things tended to just work. He would watch the person-animal duo contemplatively for a short bit before the question rolled his way. "Me? Nah, to be honest. It's a nice thing, but it's one of those I never really happened to get into. There's no time in life to do everything anyway." He could appreciate this type of art, but didn't have much experience with it himself at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

"They are?" He'd have to remember that one. It'd be useful later, if he managed to do it right.

As Chip tilted his head, and then demonstrated an adeptness in clambering Dale's body that his form should not allow, Dale rests the end of the pencil on his pad. "I...never thought of that. That's...that's true." He didn't know how long he had, but...there were lots of things that you can do, wasn't there? More things all the time, or old things you didn't know about, like this. At least, he thought so.
He looks over at Crow, a thoughtful expression on his face. "What do you do, then? Not enough time, what do you do with yours?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 10:56 pm

"Well, that's my best guess at least." Why else, right? He kinda doubted it was some unspoken rule about drawing being sacred or whatever unorthodox shit. And if it was, well he'd be damned, but that was probably nothing new to experience in an environment such as Junction. Every person that passes you might think in completely unimaginable ways and fuck with your mind. Speaking of which, Crow was also realizing he was in a pretty cursy mood at the moment. Good riddance for that, but at least he wasn't saying all those things aloud, so problems averted, most likely.

The Chimera man would wave the notepad in his hand in a bit of exasperation. "I mean, there is time to find, but getting truly good at something is not instant, so there is that. I own a business and also do entertaining for people, and am currently on a hunt for items that my workplace apparently needs. Time isn't being too nice to me at the moment at least...", he would sigh faintly.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

"Business? Entertaining? Workplace?" A trio of things that he didn't recognise...alright, he'd heard the word 'business' before, but he didn't think he'd heard it in the context that was used here to know the meaning used.
Dale looked back to his pad as Chip sprawled over his shoulder, the synthetic pup barking happily, and did a few more lines before starting on another sketch. The building again, but...more derelict, this time, windows broken and chunks of wall missing. It might have been strangely accurate, had he been better at drawing. "How do you 'find time'? I thought it was just something that went by...not something you can see, but something you know about anyway."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Oh hey, questions. Crow had almost forgotten that this guy seemed to not be the best when it came to knowing the meaning of...some words? He wasn't quite sure which types of words exactly were considered troublesome. Though perhaps it was kinda random. It was a slight hassle, for sure. Plenty words were just....ones you used without really thinking deeply about what a simple definition for them would be. Unless you were a walking dictionary or your job was in the teaching industry. Neither of which really applied to him. All he had on him was attempts of using 'common sense' of sorts. And his tongue. Kinda. "Uh...I suppose, business in terms of things one has to do to get themselves money. The action of which is usually called work, so workplace is basically a location where you typically do your money rewarding stuff.", he would pause momentarily to hum, as he tried to figure out how to put the last word. "As for entertainment...'s kinda stuff that is done to capture people's attention and make them have fun. In some way or form." Honestly felt like a rather awkwardly stitched together explanation, but it was the best he could come up with at the given moment. At least he tried, yes?

Aaanywayy..."Well, you don't find time exactly...it's just an expression people use when talking about organizing their daily activities to have some spare time left for extras they normally don't do.", he would state before chuckling lightly with a shake of his head. "Life would be strange if we could actually see time passing by. I wonder what it'd even look like...." It was a hard thing to imagine without it being utterly silly somehow.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Dale nods along with the explanation, seeming to understand what he's being told. "That all makes sense. But...you said 'a' business. What do you...no, wait, that'll be the way you set things up to get money, won't it..." He nods to himself. "Makes sense..."
Fun...that was a word he was unfamiliar with. They'd let him know what that meant. But...it never really came up. Not before now.
Was this 'fun'? Had he finally found something he found 'fun'?
He stared at his sketchpad.

Dale's pencil stilled. "What would time look like...?" He flipped over the page, and rapidly started working on another drawing. Grabbing a thus far unused rubber, he repeatedly draws and erases several lines and attempts at shading. While he still leaves a lot to be desired, the perspective is clear, and the shapes distinct, even if they don't entirely look right. A black room, with white veins running along the walls. At least, it looked that way in plain pencil. "Glowing lines. Slowly getting bright and dark, changing colour..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm

"More or less, yeah." It would be tough to find a completely different way to explain again, and saving himself the headache sounded like a fairly pleasant option. He had plenty headache ahead of him today still anyway, so might as well attempt to not add onto it prematurely.

That aside, Crow would pause in his thinking, shifting his position a bit to see what the other was drawing better, somewhat curious about where this was going. Hmm. "Things would sure be quite colorful that way. Time's kinda everywhere at once though. Too many lines could make seeing things troublesome." Unless they were limited to just certain places, but then it'd kinda be like clocks, just more fancy?
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm

"Maybe...but..." Moving onto another page, he starts another sketch, this one a lot more rough. A massive segmented circle, set on a pedestal or something with stairs leading up to it, with thick wires leading into it. Theres an attempt at a rippling surface inside the circle, with that and some of the wires coloured similarly to the veins from the last drawing. Other wires are pitch black, not even shaded, and there's are smaller circles indented into the segments of the main circle. On the wall behind it are copied characters. What can be seen translates to 'Extr...dition.' The tops of some of the remaining characters can be seen, but are otherwise blocked too much to be legible. "It's what it looks like...I think..."

He sets his pencil down, before gently picking up Chip and taking him in his arms, a pained expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Crow would frown at the strange drawing absentmindedly, tapping the edge of his notepad against his cheek as he tried to process this. Was that an actual place that existed somewhere? It seemed way too elaborate to just be a random made up idea about time all of a sudden, especially with that botched up writing being included in it. "Huh, that looks pretty detailed. Is this something you've seen somewhere?", he would question somewhat curiously, though he would add after a moment. "You don't have to tell me if it makes you uncomfortable though." As interesting as this development was, he did notice the guy didn't seem exactly overjoyed about his own creation. How strange...
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

"It was...last thing, before..." Dale freezes.
Slowly, Dale turns to look at Crow. After holding his gaze for a few moments, he looks back to the sketch he'd just done.
"...yes, it does!" With those urgent words, he flips over the page on his sketchpad, and rapidly starts hammering out another sketch. The linework is absolutely abysmal as he starts working on...CWIS...dressed in a sombrero...and holding maracas.
Then again, that could be a cowboy hat and a pair of milk bottles...?
He was really rushing that thing. Like he thought it'd cover up his last drawing.
Dale stops, and looks nervously at Crow, trying to read him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]   Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale] Empty

Back to top Go down

Questionable Artistry [Crow/Dale]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next