Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CWIS

CWIS

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:32 pm

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 01_SpaceEnvironment

Upon collapsing through the grate, before the vent could hit the ground, all lights in the kitchen would switch on, piercing through the dark. The kitchen itself was in a slight state of disrepair, the cabinets and pantry stripped bare of food and utensils. Several of the doors in and out of the room were barricaded up with what looked to be the remains of a refrigerator, table and several cabinet doors. The only door still reachable was in the far end of the kitchen, marked "Mess".

The sound of scuttling stopped the moment Ria entered the room.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 5:52 pm

Again, Rianara was met with the room lighting itself up the moment she crashed into it. This kitchen certainly had seen better days, even before the android decided to break the grating above. All the cabinets were in a sad state, and robbed of their contents at some point before Ria had set foot on this ship. No food to speak of either. Not even the tiniest speck of mold were to be found. This place had been picked clean of anything useful for a cook. Not that Rianara needed any of it. Being a robot and all, food was a non-issue.

What was an issue on the other hand was that most of the doors leading in and out of the room had been barricaded up with some debris from the room... Refrigirators, a table and several chairs, stools and even a stove. The Mess Hall seemed to be her only way forward, unless she wanted to spend time clearing the way, which she wasn't in the mood for. Another thing that worried her was the sudden silence that followed after Rianara had plunged into the room. The scuttling from her friend here had suddenly stopped, as if it was watching her from somewhere, which was admittedly quite creepy, but she didn't really judge it for being cautiously curious. Rianara felt the same way, in if not quite as strongly, as she was driven more by curiousity than caution at this point. "You there? I wish no harm... All I want is information. Do you have any clue what happened here?" Rianara asked, hoping for an answer which she wasn't sure would come. But it was better than staying silent. Hopefully, Ria could built some trust with this fellow, and make some sense out of what she had found on the ship...
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 am

For a moment, only Ria's words echoed though the room.

No response, no motion. Not even the gentle hum of the florescent lights above seemed to pierce the silence.

Then all at once another grate from the vents above fell, it sudden crash filling the room with metallic crying... Only once the room was once again silent did the white, doll like head of a being identical to the one Ria encountered before slowly descend into view.

It eyed Ria for only a moment before silently dropping down,
a mere few feet from where she stood.

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 A6e4bdaf-0f09-4608-9d1c-0e463a3f9cd0
"...Organic..."

It's voice was soft... yet with a clearly synthesized twang.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Was that the same creature she had seen before? Or was this perhaps another one? It was really difficult to tell, given that they lacked any features that distinguished one from another. It came from the vents above her as well... Creepy. Had it been leading her here, or had she been followed? The two androids looked at eachother in a moment of silence, not unlike that of a mexican standoff. Rianara kept her eyes focused on the doll-like robot in front of her, watching for any sudden movements. Not that she thought a confrontation would be necessary, but it never hurt to be careful. Especially when it came to rogue elements like this thing.

Ria hadn't expected a response from it at all, even if it didn't answer her question. Organic...? "...No. I'm as inorganic as you could possibly get." Rianara answered, narrowing her eyes. She could see herself being mistaken for some kind of organic alien, with how life-like her movement was, along with the look of her eyes, but she was still not really a living, breathing thing, even though she could think, move and speak on her own like one. "Where do you come from?"
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm

The strange entity tilted it's head at Ria as she gave her response. It did not lash out nor did it move... so it must have been at least somewhat placated by her response. After a moment,it did stand to it's full height, now towering over Ria at an imposing eight feet in stature. It looked down at the other android with a solemn, unchanging expression.

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 B5b47e64d81e64a88851cb5e83691557
"Below"

The being stood motionless for another moment before nearly instantly rushing towards Ria, bringing it's face mere millimeters away from her own. It remained still as it continued.

"...733265109327811132111110101 ζζ.... You, are not, ζζ..."

Each word carried a pregnant pause following it....
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Ria looked at her mutual android curiously in the same vein it seemed to observe her. At least, this robot seemed to be acting much less hostile now that it knew Ria was synthetic, just like itself. The robot was quite a bit larger than her. Towering over most aliens she had seen on Junction so far, although not all of them. Still, 8 feet was nothing to scoff at, especially considering how lanky this one was in it's design. "?" Ria raised an eyebrow questioningly at what the other said. Below? What was that supposed to mean?

Then, without warning, the android moved rather quickly towards Rianara, stopping a mere inch away from her unflinching face. "No. I'm not who you are looking for, most likely. If there's anything I can do to help you find this... ζζ, then let me know. I'm trying to understand this mid-plane of existence as well, and anything that would let me learn more about it's secrets, the happier I'll be." Rianara replied, doing her best to mimic the noise this robot made. Who knows... Maybe this ζζ person or object would be central to what made Junction into the place it was...?
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 6:10 pm

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 B5b47e64d81e64a88851cb5e83691557
"..."

The odd machine would stair at Rianara for a moment longer before a wide green laser fan shot from the inverted cross on it's forehead. The beam would pass over Ria, tracing her body's curvature exactly. The scan lasted only a moment, and once it had finished the being took two stiff steps back from Ria and lowered it's head to be level with her own.

"Void... Minimal... Continued interactions... deemed of low risk. Authorized for continued interactions. You... are not of below... why are you here?... Are you seeking... Below?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Rianara would slowly give the other robot a questioning look as she was scanned. This... was simply not something she was used to. "I came here in search of clues. In search of the reasons why and how I was taken to Junction... This subspace, if you will. I only wish to understand the world I've come to inhabit. While I may not be able to fully understand how it all functions within the life-cycle of my power core, I wish to at least learn as much as possible with the time I've been given. I hope you understand. As far as this... Below is concerned, I don't know if it's what I am looking for. All I want is understanding how this realm works, and why it even exists. If finding the answer to those questions involve this below, then I guess I'm seeking it. But for now, It's difficult to really say." Rianara replied, seemingly in deep thought. "What about you? What are you doing aboard this vessel all alone?"
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 pm

"You wish to understand... You will not."

The machine returned to it's full hight as it spoke, cutting Ria off as she explained why she was here."Created by Organics... Were you not?... Built in their image... Built on their logic.... This is evident in your manor of thought. You see your existance as a beginning, middle, and end. This is not so. You seek to understand your place.... yet you do not understand.... your self... Shed these organic notions... If you wish to come below..."

The Machine, it's piece being said, would quickly turn and make it's way back into the vents. Leaving Ria alone once more.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 7:27 am

"Yes, they were. I can't say I was wholly built in their image, but I have certainly picked up on the way they think. In the end, don't we all have a start and an end? We all, regardless whether we are synthetic or not, have a purpose, a role to be filled. I have lost my purpose a long time ago." It stung a bit to say that, having to face the cold, hard truth. She was a machine without a purpose. Her old purpose was something she abandoned the moment when Rianara took her first few steps into exile. "I will at least try. Thank you for at least giving me some of your time." Rianara finished, unsure of whether the machine even listened to her anymore, as she was once again left to her own devices.

That being said, Rianara had learned an awful lot about this ship already. She was a bit wiser now than she had been walking in. But the answers she had uncovered only lead to more questions. Something about the way this machine spoke told Rianara that perhaps this machine had seen things... knew things that Rianara would perhaps never know. Had it been in this pocket from the very start? Well, no use in dwelling on that at the moment. Right now, finding whatever other secrets remained on this ship took priority. The more clues she had, the easier it would be to piece together this puzzle. And Rianara was determined to solve Junction's mysteries. "Guess I'll have to look elsewhere then." She said out loud to herself, looking around the room. Was there a way to access the captain's quarters from here? It was certainly worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 6:30 pm

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 01_SpaceEnvironment

Several of the doors in and out of the room were barricaded up with what looked to be the remains of a refrigerator, table and several cabinet doors. The only door still reachable was in the far end of the kitchen, marked "Mess".
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Well, she didn't exactly have a lot of options. Sure, she could go back through the vents again, and try her luck in another part of the ship, but... the Mess Hall grabbed her attention. It was her only way forward, and quite frankly, it was probably better to keep going until she came across a true dead end. At least then, she wouldn't have to go back here again. So, into the Mess Hall it was then. Rianara took a few determined steps towards the door, and opened it, curious to see what was hiding behind it.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 am

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 XgPQ0vc
The Mess would seem all but undisturbed. Many seats still had trays of what looked like petrified food in-front of them, not rotted away or spoiled, simply hardened to the point of being completely dehydrated and almost fossil like.

Like the room before it, this room would be filled with fully intact sets of clothing. No dust, no debris.

The only doors in the Mess were the one leading back into the kitchen, and a second that lead deeper into the ship. A sign next to the second door indicated that the hallway beyond lead into the bridge and more crew's quarters.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 pm

The mess hall was in a state of deterioration, much like the rest of this ship. While it looked quite undisturbed, the place was still in a pretty bad shape. Not only was the food on the trays completely petrified due to old age and lack of decomposing agents. One could say it was fossilized space food. Not paticularly edible, nor all that interesting to a robot like her. She also found more sets of intact clothing from the crew. Rianara looked at the clothes herself. This was a little bit more strange to see here than in the crew's quarters... Had the... crew actually been completely vaporized? Anything organic was just gone... not even dust left from dead skin cells or anything, as if the person wearing the clothes had just dissapeared, leaving only the clothes behind. Why was that? Perhaps... the machines here were the cause. They seemed to be quite hostile towards organic life, for one reason or another. Her life-like way of thinking was shunned by them too, as if she was inferior. Perhaps they were right, but Rianara didn't really care what they thought of her, so long as they weren't acting openly hostile towards her... then she'd have a problem. "Hrm..." Rianara looked around the room some more, until she found the sign pointing the way to the second crews quarters. Not really seeing the point in going back, Rianara pressed on, hoping to find more answers, and not more questions... but either worked at this point. Clues were necessary, after all.
Back to top Go down
CWIS

CWIS

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 pm

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 A5uOvcz
The crew's quarters would prove to be much more of the same,no corpses with intact sets of clothing strewn about.

The bridge however, which was just off the crew's quarters,would prove to be a much more interesting area, as several of the consoles sprung to life as Rianara entered the room. Even the captain's chair and personal console lit and began to wir quietly... though, being at the entrance of the room, Ria could not see the console itself or the front of the chair in-front of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.   A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Place of Dead Ends... Or so they say.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next