Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ifnb

Ifnb

Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) Empty
PostSubject: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Class was boring. Soooooo boring. Rui did not particularly need a great deal of excitement in life. He didn't need some grand adventure. He could find books, spreadsheets, and even people-watching interesting enough. But this? Nothing was worse than this.

Class at Seven Stars Academy was potentially the most boring thing he had ever done. Well, presumably the recovery from his operation was more boring, but he was thankfully shut down during almost all of it. But this? He had to be entirely conscious during this. Lest he be called on. And this was bad.

Perhaps the material might have been interesting to a normal student. But Rui remembered everything he had once learned in high school. And this? This was the exact same material, albeit considerably easier. He finally understood the idiom, "watching paint dry."

So instead, he checked out a manga from the school library. Or the literature club. One of them. He had joined the literature club before realizing that he was now the only member.

After cutting out an indent in his textbook to hide it in - he surely wasn't ever going to use the textbook for its intended purpose - he could now surreptitiously read manga in class.

So thus here Rui was. Sitting in a corner of the library during the lunch break, reading a melodramatic, sparkly shoujo manga about an unpopular girl in high school being bullied by the entire class, sans her nice childhood friend.

He hadn't apparently made any friends at Seven Stars. Which was no surprise. He had few friends his age or younger even before the operation. This was another step beyond that. Furthermore, he had no need to really eat food. Which besides not having to work, left another gaping chasm in his life (snatching away his only real hobby).

Rui judged that the childhood friend was even-on odds of either being the ultimate love interest, or actually the mastermind of the entire bullying saga. He wasn't sure what kind of manga this was.

Finally, he couldn't judge how melodramatic it was. Was bullying that common in high school? Rui still wasn't quite sure what a "normal" high school life was. In his case, it was a student reading manga alone in the library.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm

The earlier cheerleader practice today sure was intense. So much that she wasn't in the mood for the upcoming classes, despite it being consistently important for her education and, even more worth noting, her grades. Right now, however, her mind lied elsewhere, absentmindedly scanning her classmates in hopes her eyes could spot something interesting enough to pull her out of the almost-dozing-off state. Ironic, giving a few moments before she was at an agitated athlete vibe, with messy hair from intense acrobatics and drops of sweat running down her face and body.

Granted, said aspect was still noticeable through the bright, sweaty and rosy skin, although she managed to put hair strands in order with the help of lovely hairpins and her tiara; therefore when the puffy Brittany arrived at the library (right now, the coolest place she could think of to spend time till cooled off enough), it would be no wonder if people stared and wondered why an untidy-looking cheerleader was doing there, walking through the various tables with her backpack hanging by one shoulder. Brittany didn't mind the eventual stares, she was used to them, she fed on them (almost on a literal sense, for she literally makes a living of it); and proceeded to cross her path to a relatively isolated table next to an air conditioner and also near a guy whose hair shared similar color and shade to hers.

Naturally, the coincidence attracted her attention; after all, boys wouldn't usually dye their hair with a color considered to be "feminine". However, what kept her eyes interested was the reading material by his hands. A manga, one that specifically spoke to her on a personal level.

"Hey. I've read that!"", she smiled to him, delighted about the prospect of someone else enjoying one of her favorite readings ever. Disregarding the whole fact of a cheerleader being into mangas, that is, which would be a disruption in the social order of a high school to many...
Back to top Go down
Ifnb

Ifnb

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Rui was just getting to the part where the protagonist found all of her slippers torn up by scissors by the evil girl clique when the last thing he expected interrupted him - a disheveled girl in a cheerleader uniform, dripping with sweat.

Rui noticed two things. First, he liked her style. Anything that threw off other people was a plus in his mind. Second, he was fascinated primarily by one thing of hers - sweat. One side effect of the operation was that Rui...did not sweat (or cry) anymore. Not that he often did either (except on command in limited circumstances), but he was wondering if his brain was adapting in strange ways to be automatically interested in things that he couldn't do anymore. Sweat had become a remarkably nostalgic smell. This phenomenon partially reminded him of how people who lose senses sharpen their other four senses. Anyways, this girl was...really sweaty. How fascinating.

Rui turned towards the girl, smiled, and clapped his hands together, while leaning forward far enough to just look slightly up into her chin. "Wow! Really! Super coincidence! Never expected anyone else who also gets the universal allure of Hanako's struggle to find true l-" Oh yes, that was the nostalgic smell of sweat. In contrast, Rui tended to smell all day exactly like what he put on in the morning. Which in this day, would be a mix of strawberries and vanilla. It used to be just vanilla. But vanilla by itself is just weird. So he added a strawberry scent in.

However, Rui's entire upper body then quickly lurched away, as he put up his hands in a faux-kung-fu pose that made it apparent he knew nothing about actual kung-fu, "Oh no! That means I have to defend myself against possible spoilers! Sha-sha-sha!"

Rui quickly dropped his intensely defensive, but not quite serious body language, before putting his fingers in a shushing-motion in front of his lips, "Anyways, no spoilers, okay?" He gave off a wink and head tilt, "I just got to Volume 17, after Kaede jumps off the roof, so shit's getting real lol" Rui in fact did say "lol" in actual face-to-face speech.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 9:13 pm

If anything, Brittany found his behavior rather... odd. Not that it was bad per se, it's just such eccentricity and quirk mannerisms are rarely seen in teenagers around their age. For a moment, the girl almost felt uncomfortable, which was an accomplishment itself considering her natural behavior of surpassing personal space and limits established by anyone she liked. Perhaps she was smelling? Sure she was sweaty but she didn't forget to put on perfume this time.

Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) FsE7wpJ

"Oh no no no, I'm not gonna give you spoilers! That's kinda, like, stupid? Like, I feel better about reading and finding out stuff on my own. The surprise is part of the joy of reading. Or watching series!", she smiled to him, making it clear she shared the sentiment. Though a part of her was a bit weirded by the use of a internet slang in real life. Just a little bit, tho. The awkwardness more likely came from the fact Rui didn't look the kind of internet-holic geek (unlike some of her acquaintances). "Yeah, I've read that part. It's sad.... but you know, I can sympathize with her. Imagine being in love with someone for the majority of your life, only to find out your crush is, like, gay? I mean, I haven't been there but... seriously? I just feel a bit sad because she didn't have to take it so hard. They could be bffs if anything! Then again, it was kinda very clear she suffered from depression the whole manga... Like, the hints were all over the place. I dunno how I didn't notice it immediately!"
Back to top Go down
Ifnb

Ifnb

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Rui gave a smile and flashed her a thumbs-up right when she shared his burning hatred of spoilers. "Exactly! Someone finally gets it! Being surprised is the best part of reading something! I wish I could do it multiple times! I once tried to tap my head until I forgot my favorite show, but that ended uh, pretty badly.

Rui was not exactly joking. Shortly into his test-period at the facility, Rui tried to "manually" delete two of his pre-operation memories - both a very painful memory and the memory of a show he really liked - for two very different reasons. The result was...very bad, and now a system of automatic cloud back-up exists as a result.

His smile morphed into a relatively pensive look, as he seemed a little confused at Britanny's description of the manga plot. "Oh. That's why she jumped? Oh....oh...in retrospect that seems to make more sense. That's uh, simpler, I guess. Hmm..."

He seemed to flip back into an earlier stage of the manga, before looking up again and chirping out his rather long theory, "I always thought Kaede just really hated her uh small rural hometown setting place - and Hiro's anecdotes about his big city band really uh, acted as a vicarious fantasy for her of an perfect. super fashionable world. So when her childhood friend crush shot her down and crushed on Hiro instead, it was like losing both ropes of hope, a double-betrayal of fantasy."

Rui stroked a piece of his hair after a short pause, and continued with a tone far too chipper and fast for the subject matter, "So like yeah, a suicide is terribad PR for the town and its onsens. And it traumatizes both childhood friend and Hiro. So I thought it was like, revenging on everyone at the same time.

Rui coughed a little, "Oh. So yeah. So I guess depression is simpler. Though I guess I'm uh, probably not an expert on what that feels like?" Rui was telling the truth again. He was...probably naturally chipper. He was activated alongside two other chassises, but both of them apparently intentionally destroyed their mainframes shortly after activation. Then again, maybe that was because he was the type to traumatically force himself to forget sad memories.
Back to top Go down
Brittie

Brittie

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 pm

"You know, you're soooo totally on point!", she said, perhaps louder than what was originally intended for. Her enthusiasm in discussing the manga's storyline was crystal clear on her surprised face. "I think Kaede didn't really like her life, yeah, so she clung onto Hiro because of that, maybe he was, like, her tiny tie to a reality she dreamed for herself? And then she clung onto Saionji because, like, they've known each other for so long, duh. I mean, I think both Hiro and Saionji were her ties to this life, and she was living a life like she was just passing by, not really enjoying it, living it. And once Saionji told her he was gay and had a crush on Hiro, she might have thought she'd be left out on the trio? You know this can happen, it's kinda a recurring plot issue in many teen dramas! It's even worse when it's two guys and a girl, because usually the girl is there as the mediator, the one that glues both guys together when they're at odds. But Saionji and Hiro were almost never at odds, to be honest. Anyway, she linked two and two together, foresaw the worst outcome ever and it triggered a depression crisis. Poor girl... I think Kaede just... uh, what's the word? Oh yeah, she just procrastinated her suicide until she found what was an 'enough' of a reason for her to do it, you know what I mean?", she said, with a remorseful look. In a way, she could sympathize with the female protagonist of this manga. Being hopelessly unsatisfied with the turns of your life, she couldn't say the suicidal thoughts haven't crossed her mind before; they did. However, her resolves came just in time before a rushed decision and with it, a drastic changes in her outlooks in life, for better.

"Can you imagine? She didn't even know if Hiro was gay to begin with? What if he wasn't? What if he's actually a homophobe and shut Saionji down? I'm not trying to judge someone who has depression, but gosh... that's so harsh, you know. Kinda makes me sad..."
Back to top Go down
Ifnb

Ifnb

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Rui seemed oddly contemplative. He didn't like to think about most real life issues, especially real life consequences. But that mindset totally fell to the wayside when it came to analyzing the complex dynamics of shoujo manga. And he supposed just complicated human relationships anyways. People were interesting...even if only from a distance. He couldn't lie - he really did like to see people responded to unexpected things.

"Hmm...living without living in a life. Interesting way of putting it... He didn't find that completely unsympathetic either. In many ways, Rui was missing many of the basic elements of life. Duties, obligation, a mission, goals, and of course that's not even delving into the biological thing which set up the potential argument that he wasn't actually living. Also, his current life of course, primarily consisted of screwing around in school and with hapless people without any particular goal in question. Admittedly though, it was pretty fun doing all of this for the first time.

One thing that surprised Rui was her description of male-male-female friend groups. "Hm. I didn't like know that. So like male friends fight a lot?  Huh, didn't know that. Well, I guess at this point, most of my knowledge of male-male relationships comes from yaoi and that can't be right lol." He said "lol" out loud again.

Rui further listened, "Procrastinated suicide? Oh, I get it. lol. But like kinda thinking, life is just procrastinated death. Not really sure what life means anymore... but yeah, I get it!" He clapped his hands.

Finally, he gave a rather inappropriate laugh, more akin to a subtle giggle, at the girl's last description, "Oh, haha, that would be devious writing. Though uh, that sounds actually better to me than a normal rejection. It's more like a 'its not you, it's me thing' instead of a 'booo you suck kill yourself bitch' kinda thing. Yay, categorical rejections?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)   Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany) Empty

Back to top Go down

Surreptitiously Slacking at Seven Stars (Rui/Brittany)
Page 1 of 1