Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]

Go down 
+3
ViniVidiVicci
Ethral
Paige
7 posters

Which recipe is the best?
Crepes
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_left0%Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Lemon Chess Pie with Meringue
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_left0%Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Pumpkin Chocolate Cake!
 0% [ 0 ]
TURDUCKENZAMI
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_left44%Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_right
 44% [ 4 ]
Four Flavor Sheet Pan Pie!
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_left56%Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Bar_right
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Paige

Paige

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Empty
PostSubject: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] 2iuugcj

Happy Thanksgiving from the New Arcana team!

I hope everyone is hungry, because this year, we're putting a big focus on everyone's favorite part of the holiday: the food!

In this topic, go ahead and post:

1. Your favorite holiday dish (or, if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, your favorite dessert!)

2. The recipe for said dish

3. And either a fond memory you have about said dish, or your character sharing it with their friends and family over Thanksgiving dinner!

You have until MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20 to post those three things here; after that, we're going to open up a poll where everyone can vote on which submission was their favorite!

Voting ends THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23, so be sure to vote by then!

Of course, while having some awesome recipes to try out is a good reward in and of itself, there will be PRIZES for the winners!

• Participation in this event earns you 2500 VC!

• 3rd place wins 3500 VC!

• 2nd place wins 10x Turkey Bullets!

• 1st place wins 10x Turkey Bullets and 1x Bite the Breast!

As a final note, I encourage everyone to try out at least one of the recipes posted here and post pictures of the finished dish or leave a little note about how it went and tasted!

Good luck to everyone!

Back to top Go down
Ethral

Ethral

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:21 pm

1: crepes 2:In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot. 3: Waking up early in the morning baking up stack of crepes set on the table prepared for the day ahead with a side powder sugar left out on the side with some cinnamon. An seeing the other family members with bright smiles on their faces in joy as we all ate together.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Please post full recipes, including ingredients and cooking instructions.
Back to top Go down
ViniVidiVicci

ViniVidiVicci

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 1:29 am

Punctual as always, Susan was sure to arrive to the get-together long before anyone else had really started to show. Soon the whole house would be packed with friends and enemies alike all grouped in this one place for one reason: to give harmony a chance and to laugh and spend time with good company. Or simply the food as she would be quick to assume, few would dare turn down free home-cooked dinner. A wholesome meal such as this came but once a year! Excluding Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever your preference, that is. But Susan had actually made sure to be here early for two reasons: to make a good impression on the host (or hostess) and to avoid the eventual bickering by being in the safest and most secluded place there could be on Thanksgiving...

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Thumb-350-831105

"Good afternoon! I hope I'm not too early but I wanted to help out in the kitchen while you could still use it. I hope you don't mind that I already brought desert."

Of course she had baked it earlier this morning so as not to get in the way of the true cooking that was taking place, her precious baking stealing vital oven space when there was so much that needed to be done. That and so hungry mouths would have something to occupy themselves with while they awaited the main course. So that very morning 6 AM sharp Susan had rolled up her sleeves and turned her recipe book to...

Lemon Chess Pie with Meringue

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Florida-Citrus-Meringue-Pie_exps46024_TH2847293C12_07_10b_RMS

Necessary Ingredients

• Pie dough, store bought is the easiest
  • 5 large egg whites
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 pinches salt
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

Baking Instructions

1. First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. We are using Fahrenheit here, not Centigrade, so please be sure not to burn the house down.

2. As your oven preheats which can take anywhere from ten to thirty minutes depending on your model, we will want to prepare our pie crust. Take your pie crust and flatten it to the edges of a pie tin, crimping is your decision yet unnecessary. This pie will not have a top crust, we will be using the meringue.

3. Combine your whole eggs and one and one-half cups of sugar into a mixing bowl and throw in a pinch of salt. Beat the mixture until it's thick and pale, then go ahead and add your butter, nutmeg, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornmeal, and cream into the mix. You'll want to beat all of this together too until it's a fine custard.

4. Bake your pie for 35 to 40 minutes or until the custard settles but before it starts to brown on top (the brown means it's burning). While we wait for that to bake we are going to start making the meringue.

5. In a separate bowl add your egg whites, cream of tartar, and a pinch of salt. Beat it with an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to take shape. While still beating the mixture slowly add the rest of your sugar until you get stiff peaks, but don't over beat it or it will be hard to spread the meringue over the pie.

6. Don't forget to remove the pie from the oven after the custard settles, but leave it on!

7. Spread your meringue over the pie filling, smoothing it out and whipping it with a rubber spatula. You'll want to make points for a nice aesthetic.

8. Place the pie back into the oven and bake until the tips are golden brown, about another 15 minutes.

9. And you're done! Take it out and let it cool. It WILL be piping hot in the center, so it's best to give it about 20 minutes or so.

"I actually made this for Meghan's baby shower just the other week, but I don't think I did a very good job. The meringue was too stiff and I burnt the filling but everyone kept telling me how good a job I did and Meghan was certainly grateful but I think I accidentally outshined the cake and... I-It went okay. No one said anything bad about it, in any case... I guess that is all I could have hoped for. Oh, no! This one is much better than that one, it's not even that burnt this time, I-I promise!"

Last edited by ViniVidiVicci on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Ah, Thanksgiving. Besides the usual fare of turkey, noodles, and stuffing, there's a certain dish that stands out in my memory from the Thanksgiving a few years ago, and it's because it was one of the first dishes I cooked on my own to bring to the family shindig up near my grandparents' place. That special dish is...

Pumpkin Chocolate Cake!
I found the recipe here: https://iambaker.net/chocolate-pumpkin-cake/
Ingredients:

Chocolate Pumpkin Cake

1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
4 Eggs, room temperature

Pumpkin Whipped Cream (yep, even got pumpkin whipped cream)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 -2 cups powder sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon all-spice
1/2 cup heavy cream

Cooking Instructions:

Chocolate Pumpkin Cake

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.

In a small bowl combine buttermilk and pumpkin. Mix together until incorporated.

In a mixer, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.

Alternatively add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.

Mix for 1 minute on low until fully combined. Divide batter evenly between two prepared baking pans. (Recipe used square pans, but I just used circular ones)

Bake for 18-26 minutes. Cake is done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Whipped Cream

Add heavy cream to a stand mixer and whip on med to medium high speed until soft peaks. (usually about 2 minutes)

While the cream is mixing, place pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and all-spice in a bowl. Stir until combined.

Once cream is at soft peak stage, add powder sugar in a 1/2 cup at a time. After one cup, turn off mixer. Gently fold in pumpkin puree mixture to cream. If the consistency is not firm enough, add more powder sugar, about a 1/4 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency.

Now, the result on the page looks rather delicious, doesn't it?
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Pumpkin-cake

Well, I suppose the layers of the cake didn't cool enough when I was putting them together, so the end result looked more like this with smudgy icing all around.
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Chocolate+peanut+butter+cake
But when I brought it to the Thanksgiving feast, it turned out to be a hit. It disappeared pretty quickly once the turkey and stuffings were digested, so I was pretty happy that my first attempt at cooking for Thanksgiving on my own went over pretty well. My uncle even took to calling it "Pumpkin Crumble" cake and borrowed the recipe to make for another year. Not the most thrilling story on paper, but I'm glad I did it.
Back to top Go down
Azami

Azami

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 4:16 am

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] IM4arFT
"Thanksgiving? Tch. You lot are pathetic..... Carcasses stuffing their faces with carcasses to keep moving through a cold and unfeeling universe............ Are you even strong enough to cook one of my recipes? Hmpf. I guess we'll see New Arcana."

Mysterious Edgelord X's
TURDUCKENZAMI

Ingredients:
1 Dogzami
1 chicken
1 duck
1 turkey
3 liters of hot sauce (your choice what kind)
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
3 more liters of hot sauce
1 cup of unsullied virgin's blood
A lot of love

Cooking/Preparation:

1.) First you must gather the ingredients obviously. Slaughtering the Dogzami will be the most difficult part unless you possess at least 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001% of Mysterious Edgelord X's power -- if you do then it should be as easy as crushing an ant. If you need tips on how to defeat Dogzami without being a ridiculous meme character, see this helpful guide.

2.) After gathering the ingredients you'll wish to pre-heat your oven to the highest temperature possible for it. As a bonus, burn down your house in the process and take up the challenge of cooking this meal at your local homeless shelter.

3.) Chop the Dogzami meat into thin strips and if you haven't already then remove the fur.

4.) Pour an excessive amount of hot sauce on each piece.

5.) Put pieces into oven and cook.

6.) While they char and blacken into crispy goodness, take your chicken and ram it up the ass of your duck corpse. Baste lightly with hot sauce.

7.) Remove Dogzami strips from oven and wrap three around the abomination unto all that is holy and right in the world. Crush the rest into tiny bits and sprinkle them inside and on top of the duck.

8.) Stuff all that into the turkey.

9.) Cook turducken all at once.

10.) Mix your remaining hot sauce and the virgin's blood together. It'll serve as the perfect sauce for this dish and any others you plan to serve for your Thanksgiving dinner.

11.) Remove turducken from oven and sprinkle the brown sugar over it.

12.) Ask yourself why you've committed such a horrible sin and just go buy a premade meal instead you NEET trash.

13.) Voila! Enjoy.

Le End Result~
Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] K3zQOWX

--------

Mysterious Edgelord X sighed as she finished the dish. Sheathing her katana and stopping her wildly convulsing fidget spinner which rested on the table to her right, she wondered what it was like to have friends and family to share what you're thankful for. After all, as a part of her tragic backstory (that will be elaborated on in Azores Part 87) she forsook them all for power so long ago that she could no longer remember this so-called nonsensical "power of bonds". But she could remember the sweet taste of victory -- the taste of Turduckenzami. Taking a bite, she alleviated the pain, drowning out the knowledge that it'd always come back with the warmth of intoxicating hedonism...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Right, well, I’m a non-American scrub who has never experienced thanksgiving, so instead I’m gonna let the most American character on-site do my post for me.

----------------------------------------

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] CookingWithTheStarsOH

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Hehe10
“Good evening, my fellow Americans!”

The live studio audience cheered magnanimously as Lucian made his way to the front of the cooking show’s counter. “I hope you’re all having a wonderful holiday season so far, because I’m here to make it better. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’ve been invited to cook my favorite Thanksgiving dessert here live for you all to see. Now, some of you might be asking…” The man pushed up his glasses. “’Doesn’t the president have more important things to do than guest-star in a celebrity cooking show?’”

“The answer to that question is yes, I do, but state regulation dictates I need to take off at least four vacation days off in my administration; I figured I would be productive and work around my vacation days by appearing on live TV anyway.” The audience smiled and laughed, and Lucian died a little on the inside. “So, without further ado, let’s get to the dish! Today we will be making…”

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] 1507136270266
Four Flavor Sheet Pan Pie!

“This glorious concoction is apple pie, cherry pie, pumpkin pie and pecan pie all at once. My parents actually used to make this every thanksgiving, back when I was a child. We would huddle in front of the fireplace as opposed to the usual dining table and we would pick away at our slices while talking about things that happened over the course of the year that we were grateful for for hours on end. It’s not very easy to make, considering you’re cooking four dishes at once, but the result is well worth the effort.”

You will need:

Crusts:
• Two 14.1-ounce boxes refrigerated rolled pie crust (4 crusts total)
• All-purpose flour, for dusting
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup turbinado sugar

Apple Pie:
• 2 pounds mixed apples (such as Granny Smith, Gala and McIntosh), peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Kosher salt

Cherry Pie:
• 2 cups drained jarred cherries, plus 3/4 cup juice from the jar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar

Pumpkin Pie:
• 1 1/3 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
• 2/3 cup evaporated milk
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 large egg

Pecan Pie:
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup light corn syrup
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• Kosher salt
• 3/4 cup roasted pecan halves

Preparation:
• For the crusts: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll 3 of the pie crusts on a lightly floured work surface. Stack them on top of each other. Roll out the thick, layered dough to a 15-by-21-inch rectangle. Press into a rimmed baking sheet so that the crust comes up the sides and hangs over slightly. This will be the bottom crust. Chill until ready to use, at least 30 minutes.

“If you want to add any additional flavorings or bits to the crust, now’s the time.”

• Use the remaining crust for the top of the pie. Unroll it on a lightly floured work surface and roll it to a 14-by-18-inch rectangle. Cut the dough in half so you have two 7-by-9-inch pieces. One half will be the top crust for the apple portion of the pie. Cut the other half into 1-inch diagonal strips to use for the lattice on the cherry pie. Place the rectangle and strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill until ready to use.  

“It’s worth noting that the cherry pie lattice doesn’t have to be striped. Creativity is a virtue.”

• For the apple pie: Toss the apples in a medium bowl with the sugar and lemon juice. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and cook until thickened, about 1 minute more. Cool completely.

“Any kind of apple works, but I find that gala apples give the pie longer-lasting aftertaste.”

• For the cherry pie: Place the cherries in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/4 cup cherry juice with the cornstarch in a small saucepan until completely smooth. Add the remaining cherry juice and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until thick and glossy, about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the cherries and gently fold to combine. Cool completely.  

“Be careful not to go overboard with the cherries here, your stomach will thank you later.”

• For the pumpkin pie: Whisk together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and the egg and in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.

“Ironically enough, the most thanksgiving-related part of this dish is the easiest to prepare.”

• For the pecan pie: Whisk together the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, eggs and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the pecans and set aside.

“If you’re allergic to nuts, you can always replace the pecans here with crushed crackers. The end result has roughly the same taste, but without being potentially harmful to you.”

• Once all fillings are made, begin assembling the pie. Remove both baking sheets with dough from the refrigerator.  

• Visualize the sheet pan is divided in half lengthwise and then crosswise so you have 4 equal quadrants. Each quadrant will hold a different pie filling. Prick the bottom crust all over with a fork.

• Add the pie fillings in this order: Add the apple pie filling to the upper left quadrant of the crust; spread it to cover a 7-by-9-inch rectangle. Moving counter clockwise, pour the pumpkin filling right under the apple pie filling and spread it the same size as the apple filling. Spread out the cherry filling next to the pumpkin filling. Fill the top right empty space with the pecan filling.

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Sin_ty10

“Now, it’s worth noting that I’ve never actually prepared this dish myself before. In fact it’s been well over a decade since I last cooked something, but it should probably be fine. Uh… I don’t think it should be glowing, but – again – it’s most likely nothing to worry about.”

• Cover the apple pie quadrant with the reserved rectangle of dough. Lay the pie strips out diagonally over the cherry pie quadrant. Press any remaining strips of dough around the edge of the pie to thicken the rim. Crimp the edge of the pie, making sure to incorporate and crimp together the dough from the apple quadrant. Brush the edges and the dough on top of the pie with egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut decorative slits in the apple pie crust.  

• Bake until all pies are set and the crust on the apple pie and cherry pie is golden brown and crisp, 55 minutes to 1 hour 5 minutes.

“Once all that’s done, just pull it out of the oven and you’ll have yourself a nice and… oh… oh dear.”

“I seem to have… made some sort of mistake… dear lord what is that?!

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Hqdefault

As the SWAT team in hazmat suits began to leave the scene, Lucian removed his now blood-caked glasses and turned to face what was left of the studio camera. “Well, despite the difficulties we ran into, I’d say this was quite a productive endeavor. I do probably have to get myself screened for several diseases now though, so we’ll have to cut this episode short. Thank you so much for joining me today, and have a happy Thanksgiving, America.” And with that, Lucian was hurried along to safety by the remaining FBI operatives on the scene.

----------------------------------------

Friday 27th of November, 3103 AD
1:37 AM
Clarke family estate, Washington D.C

The sound of loosely jangling keys turning the lock of the front door echoed through the large, unusually acoustic halls of the soon-to-be-president’s home. The housekeeping staff had gone home for the night, which meant that the only sight that greeted Lucian’s tired eyes was that of a foyer populated by nothing but expensive furniture and too much distance between the floor and the ceiling. A tired sigh filled the room, followed only by the click-clacking of his shoes against the marble stairs to the second floor. He’d been looking forward to spending thanksgiving night with Alice, but the preparations he’d had to make for the upcoming final presidential debate meant he’d instead spent the entire day running from point A to point B, getting in contact with people he hated to beg them for their continued support. By the time he was finally off the hook, it wasn’t even Thanksgiving anymore.

Eventually, Lucian got to the second floor hallway and quietly pulled open the first door that crossed him. Inside was his twelve year old daughter, curled into a compressed ball of sleep on her bed, with the sheets strewn around the room in a massive mess and her daytime clothes still on. It appeared she’d fallen asleep waiting for him to come home, which would’ve broken his heart had he not already gotten so used to the sight by now. Lucian pulled out a shopping bag from within his suitcase, and from within that bag he pulled out a foam food container, and then placed it on Alice’s nightstand; when she woke up the next morning, at least she’d be pleasantly surprised by a slice of pumpkin pie.

Lucian gently swept away Alice’s bangs before planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, a smile adorning his face as he left the room to fall asleep in his own. He had a lot to hate about his life and the truths he’d come to know about it, but there was always one aspect of his life he’d be forever grateful for, and it was best to let her get a good night’s rest.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 am

Submissions are over. Voting deadline is extended to Thanksgiving. Don't vote for yourself. Have at it.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Hgg1iSE

Closing the poll. First place is Moonie. Second Place is Azami. Rolling third place. The remaining get a consolation prize.

[spoiler=3rd Place]
Ethral -1
Vini - 2
Captain - 3
Random number (1,3) :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]   Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinner with Friends [2017 Thanksgiving Event]
Page 1 of 1