Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] Empty
PostSubject: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Maybe this self-imposed rest from everything had been a good idea... Two days had passed since she last saw Lui after their most recent outing. She hadn't talked with him much since, mostly just to focus on her studies. Despite her night-life as a vigilante lite, Batilde still had a school to go to, and a normal life to focus on. She had come to Endymion for a reason, after all. And it was NOT to do battle with the forces of the night. Oh no, far from it. Had she known that things like this happened in Endymion, Batilde probably would never have gone here, and would've instead gone someplace else. Prolly staying at home, to be frank, and have homeschooling. But boy, was she glad that Endymions true state of affairs had remained a secret to her back then. Thanks to that, she got a good number of friends and a pretty sweet life all things considered. Sure, the medication and school kinda sucked, but what else is new? Now that her self-imposed Isolation from all things fun and happy had expired, Batilde needed something to do. Something... fun. And she knew EXACTLY who to contact! Picking up her phone, Batilde dialed a friend she knew would appreciate her company.

"...Come on... Lui, Answer please..." Batilde whispered to herself as the droning beeps from the other end kept on ringing. How long would she have to wait? As she waited, the family dog, a small bichon frise by the name of Buggy, wagged his tail happily, looking at Batilde. The two had really connected over these last two days. Having a studying companion certainly helped her, and taking small breaks to play with the puppy had been a welcome distraction from her workload during said breaks. "Come here, Buggy..." Batilde whispered, picking up the little puppy and let him rest on her lap as she waited patiently for Lui to answer his phone...
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

It would take about two rings before Lui could manage to answer. Just before Batilde called him, Lui was wrapping up the club after his newest one-shot arrival left satisfied with what they had seen. After taking a drink and realizing the number that was calling him was Batilde, he hurriedly answered it, panting a bit from his match earlier. His feelings on Batilde were settling since her disappearance for a few days, but hearing her voice again energized him a bit more. He cradled the phone between his shoulder and ear as he packed away his equipment.

"Oh, Batilde! Wonderful to hear from you again. It's been a while since I last heard from you. Doing alright? I just, uh, got finished with the club. Did you want to, well... hang out sometime?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Batilde smiled lightly as she heard the familiar voice of Lui on the other side. From the way he was talking, she gathered that practice probably just ended. Either that, or he had been out jogging or some such. Wouldn't be the first time, she assumed. "Hi! Yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Batilde replied with a light chuckle. "Sorry if I made you worry. I had to take a few days away to focus on my studies. It's been a bit stressful, but it's finally over. So I'm good." It felt great speaking to a friend like this again. Even though her self-imposed isolation had only lasted roughly 48 hours, it felt like so much more time had passed. Burying your nose in literature and writing had that effect on some.

Batilde fell back on her bed, with her feet hanging sloppily off to the side as she spoke. "What about you then? How have you been? Did practice go well? Er... well, I assume you've been practicing anyway. You sound kind of out of it." She asked curiously, finishing off the sentence with a cute giggle. "Hrm? Oh sure. I'm kind of in desperate need of something to do. I need to get out of this god forsaken study dungeon. Take me, Lui! Take me someplace fun!" She teased, obviously feigning the slight distress coming from her voice. Oh, how she desperately wanted to get out of here...
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Making his way out of the clubroom and heading towards home, Lui carried the phone in his right hand with his bag slung over his left shoulder. Hearing that her silence was only to crack down on her studies relieved him a bit. She went quiet a while before he met Esra and Pendleton at their awakening, so she didn't know he was in the Playhouse already. Assuming she was capable of getting back into the Persona business, he'd be able to bring her into the ranks.

"That's comforting. I thought you were afraid of the whole "night training" business and wanted to cut ties. That or you forgot about me... But yeah, practice just wrapped up. I've been having a few interesting guests check out the club, and I'd say they'll be coming back. I guess that luck you wished me is coming in handy!"

Hearing Batilde wax her Shakespearean cry for freedom from her dungeon of literature, Lui was reminded of the scissor-mad hairdresser Nomine who spoke in a similar way. And like Nomine, Lui figured Batilde might get a kick out of him breaking his character to match her theatrics. Panting a bit as he changed into a fresh set of clothes and walked full speed to Batilde's house as per her request.

"I know of a diversion that will entertain my belle dame. There's a movie playing at the theater that has my interest. It's a... sci-fi sort of action movie called Shroomers. Reviews are mixed on it, but then again, so was The Spleen of Gary. I got a personal kick out of it, so maybe this one'll at least be a cult classic if it flops. I'll be paying as a treat for ya. So, ahem...

Fear not, lady Batilde! Sir Saito shall free you from your cage of characters, your prison of passages, and deliver you unto the theater house to banish thy boredom!"

And with that, Lui quickly made his way to Batilde's house, reapplying deodorant and grabbing two sizable rocks along the way, clicking them together like the clops of a running horse. Once at her house, he rang the doorbell and awaited her arrival.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 am

Batilde chuckled lightly. "No, I didn't do that. If I did, I would've told you about it, silly!" She wasn't really the backstabbing kind of person. Once she got involved with something, she intended to see it through to the end. Sure, things would get a bit dangerous, but that wasn't strong enough of a deterrence factor to keep her away from helping the citizens of Endymion who were in trouble. "Oh? Well that's really good! I'm glad things are working out for you there!" Hopefully things kept going this well for her friend. She knew that the fencing club had been going through some rough times lately. "Oh? You're taking me out to the movies?" She couldn't help but feel a bit flattered by such an offer. What the movie was really didn't matter much to her anyway. "Oh yeah. I've seen that movie. The Spleen of Gary that is. It's hilariuos for all the wrong reasons. I've never seen a movie flop so hard when it came to delivering on its good buildup." She said with a laugh, thinking back on her time with Miyuki when they had watched that not too long ago. "Here's hoping this one's better." Not that it really mattered much for Batilde anyway. At this point, any movie would do, good or bad. She just wanted to get away from the books for a while.

"Y-You're paying? Oh, Lui... You don't have to do that..." Batilde replied timidly. It was really cute of him to make that offer though... Lui's little shakespearean response made the french girl chuckle delightfully. "You better hold me to that promise!"

Once the phone call ended, Batilde hopped off the bed and began changing into something more presentable as fast as possible. She couldn't just go out to the theaters with him looking like she did! Her new getup was still a little bit casual, but was still pretty enough to be eye-catching.

Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] Da6beb71aa51bca380ee785c654b0d15685e24c0_hq

Once she was done, Batilde waited in the livingroom for her friend to show up. And that wait wasn't very long. Soon, the doorbell rang, causing Batilde to shoot up from her seat on the couch and hurried towards the door, opening it. "Hi, Luiiiii!"
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Lui cracked an unseen smile at being called silly. Most of the time, he wanted to give off this serious and determined swordsmaster vibe, but when it came to close friends, it felt relaxing to not have to keep up appearances. Considering how he's opened to Batilde on topics he normally shuts up over, he could only hope that the less attractive features of his personality could be overlooked.

"Hehe, true. You're a smart girl, so I figured you had your reasons. But yeah, developments are certainly going on with my nightlife. But, uh, I'd prefer to talk face-to-face over that stuff. Speaking of which, I'm just approaching the house. See you in a bit!"

After tossing the rocks out into the field, their purpose falling on deaf ears but still entertaining him, he gave a genuine smile to Batilde's greeting and appearance. It had a been a while since they last met face-to-face, so Lui took in everything he could see.

"Ah, glad you could take time from your studies to join me, madame. As I promised, I'll be picking up the tab today. A movie and some snacks isn't going to take a big chunk out of my paycheck. Plus, if it means I can hang out with you after your little break, that's a plus for me and, hopefully, for you."

Taking a step away from the door and inviting Batilde to walk with him, Lui kept the conversation going, trying to describe the events she missed in her study break in a hushed voice so as not to let slip who they were. While one hand was settled in his pocket with his phone, the one closest to Batilde was hanging at his side. He debated with himself if it were a proper response to hold her hand while they walked. It could be seen as a gentlemanly gesture, but considering how Batilde wanted to avoid rumors of them being in a relationship, it could be inappropriate for their relationship as friends. So he left it floating at his side, watching to see if Batilde many any move to suggest it was fine where it was.

"So yeah, I actually helped two other people awaken. But there was this masked thief in the alley, and he was supporting the other two as they fought with me. The big Oni was weak to ice, so I kept pelting it! Blam! Crunch! Yeah, it went down easy. So the next night, I get instructions from Shiro and found my way into the Platinum Playhouse. It's kind of like a little bar place like the House of Cards, only less dance floors and more terrorists. They even have this little... goat? Sheep? Whatever it is, it's a little demon who runs the bar. So, if you're serious about getting back in the game, I'll come get you and bring you into the club. Word of warning, though; everyone there isn't giving away who they are in the outside world, so you're gonna need to mask up before stepping in, Notre Dame. You can call me Knight, got it?"

By this point, the two had made their way to the movie theater. Lui stepped to the counter and purchased their tickets, handing Bat her stub as they made their way into the lobby.

"Did you want anything from the snack counter? I was gonna get a popcorn to share and some drinks. Anything else you want I can cover."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 3:44 pm

"I guess I'll see you soon then." And that soon could not come soon enough. She needed to stretch her legs a bit, breathe some fresh air and talk to someone she knew that wasn't the dog or the people actually living with her. Oh, and watching a movie with that someone was the added cherry on top that just made her day all the better. "Thank you, Lui for taking me out. I very much need this break from all the books..." A light smile spread across her lips, looking at Lui standing outside, motioning her to join him. "Of course it's a plus! I mean, we're good friends and all, right? It would be weird and rude of me to not appreciate this in the slightest." Indeed it would be. Hanging out with Lui was always something that brought her joy. Didn't matter who it was. So long as they were on friendly terms, social interaction brought the sheltered child a sense of joy few perhaps understood.

The conversation continued on from there as the duo made their way over to the buss-stop. Batilde got filled in on all the juicy details she missed out on during her time away. Looks like she missed some pretty big stuff. Lui had also come into contact with the Playhouse, an interesting organization for sure. "Of course. Like I always have." She replied, chuckling. "You can trust me." It was at this point that Batilde noticed his hand just hovering a few inches away from hers. Almost as if Lui couldn't decide where to put it, and thusly left it in this awkward middle-point, stretched out far enough to be noticable, but not far enough to actually make physical contact. This little bit of hesitation made Batilde think. Why? Was he nervous? Or was it just a struggle between his chivalry and inner feelings that caused this weird behaviour? Batilde remembered the note that she gave him after their last outing together at work. Did he really make up his mind in just two days? Or was this a show of uncertainty? Either way, holding hands wasn't really that big of a deal anyhow. But right now, she wouldn't take it. Batilde wanted to be absolutely sure, not just about Lui's feelings, but her own as well... The french maid certainly had taken a liking to the fencer, but was it really something romantic? Perhaps they both needed more time to think... And who knows, maybe this movie would get the gears moving in their heads for real?

"Just something to drink. A Cola will do. We'll share a big popcorn, yeah?" She asked, bumping Lui with her elbow teasingly. Once the two had grabbed their snacks and drinks, they scuttled over to their seats. Seats 64 and 65, in the middle row, 4 seats away from the right-most seat. "You ready for this?" Batilde asked, smirking lightly. This should be interesting. And unlike last time, it wasn't a horror movie. The lights dimmed out, and the commercial roll began. What could possibly go wrong...?

The Movie starts, intro scene rating, with title-drop and all that fun jazz...:
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:29 pm

So far, Lui was actually pretty impressed with the intro scene. It set up the scenario in a local community along with a transition to space centers across America expecting to collect materials from falling meteorites that would fall out of the shower. Then came an interesting twist; one of the meteors that zooms into the frame is shown to be containing the Shroomer materials is actually impacted by the shower rushing in its direction. The pieces break apart, colliding in different parts of the world. One happens to land near the community shown in the intro.

They don't manage to find the meteorite at first, considering its tiny size and how embedded into the ground it is... wait, where was all the organic material on it? It was only a charred piece of black rock at this point, no sign of mate. If the material burned up, how could the Shroomers arrive on Earth? That's when it zooms to show the flakes falling off the meteorite aren't just dust and burnt ash; there are actually spores among the material, invisible to the naked eye. The tiny particles settled into the ground, seemingly harmless... until, in the last second before the title drops, the mushrooms in the clearing start to subtly change color with the rising of the sun.

"Hmm, that's a good start. Not just generic aliens invading the planet; it's like an invasive species, only trying to grow in a new environment. This is probably a time I could say I see how the scientists could miss it. What do you think?" Lui whispered to Batilde

Trailblazers come across the impact site... and an unusual fungus growing nearby. What is this stuff?:

Last edited by Captain Caliber on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 5:46 pm

The movie did start out much better than Spleen did, and it seemed to keep going pretty well. Astonishingly so. Batilde was invested in the story and the actual main cast as well. Speaking of them, our main protagonists consisted of 5 people. A Scrawny Scientist, a gruff gun-nut, an up-and-running super model, a police officer and a baker of all things. Somehow, the director managed to make this very diverse cast in terms of occupation work within the context of the plot, showcasing just how everyone got involved with one another. Everything was going pretty good for a while in the early portions of the movie, showing the cast in their normal social environment before everything naturally goes to hell in a handbasket. Animals who have started eating some of the infected fungi got infected with this interstellar parasite, slowly mutating them into horrible monsters, more dead than alive as the fungi began taking control. Had it not been for it's Action oriented cinematography and scriptwriting, this premise could've easily fit into a horror movie. It was unsettling, but not really scary. Yet. "It's really good so far. It's so much better than the Spleen of Gary was." Batilde replied quietly, focusing her attention on the big screen as she snuck her hand inside the box of popcorn.

The heroes have all met up and... well... things aren't looking good. The Wildlife's turning on itself and mankind. How will this ragtag group of survivors save the city?:
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:05 pm

...How? It was doing so well, bringing together frightening visuals of brain-jacked zombie fungus creatures and a ragtag group of adventures that actually grabbed their attention. Both Lui and Bat were digging into the popcorn, drawn in to see what these folks could do when surrounded by the living dead shroom monsters. What would they do next? Lui was eagerly awaiting the answer... and he was groaning at their response.

Instead of trying to maintain a safe area in the town and alert the authorities, they thought they could solve the problem themselves. The supermodel wasn't being much help, only weakly kicking at the creatures with her heels. The gun-nut and police officer went to town on some of the shroom squirrels lurching towards them. Yeah, it hit them, but they kept crawling, only causing the spores in the monsters' bodies to spray out onto more of the plant life. And in true zombie fashion, those gunshots weren't silenced, so that only drew the horde towards them. They managed to make it out, sprinting full speed and hiding out inside the scientist's house.

The scientist got the "brilliant" idea to go out and collect a creature, one of the mutated spiders, in a plastic container to study. Considering how the top of the container couldn't be secured very well, Lui expected the worst. While the rest of the crew watched the broadcast that encouraged citizens to reach the quarantine zones and went out to secure the city border (with only the noisy guns, of course), the scientist nerd ran up to his room to run tests on his specimen.

In the darkened lab of the group's scientist, the specimen is missing from its container... Is the scientist safe from the shroom spider?:
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Lui's comment:
"They... they aren't seriously leaving the guy in the dark lab on his own... are they?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Now that last scene was an EMBARRASING drop in quality. Everything had made sense... right up until the important bits of the move started. It was almost as if the scriptwriter didn't know how to handle an action movie at all. The beautifully done Cinematography of the introduction act had been very good and quite atmospheric, while this was just... PHONE CAMERA MOVEMENT! Batilde could sort of see what the director was coming from, trying to be clever with a Cloverfield effect. But that was a tricky thing to pull off effectively, and this... just felt forced and unnaturally shaky.

Now the quality did improve once they did manage to get inside the lab, Of course, the lid was poorly shut on the container, and Batilde expected even more action! Hopefully they would deliver on that small build-up... BUT NOPE! It was almost as if the director changed his mind. Sure, the spider managed to crawl out, but it didn't really do much. It just kinda crawled into the vent system... The whole scene wasn't bad... just really underwhelming. Batilde almost felt betrayed watching it. Here she was, wanting to watch a sci-fi action flick, and it had taken almost EVERY horror movie trope one could think of and just shoved it into one scene. What the heck was this director thinking? Was he schizofrenic?

The spider has escaped! And is currently hiding in the vents, unbeknowst to the heroes. All they know is that it has escaped captivity somehow... What will happen next? Oooooh Sppppooookyyyyy:
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 6:58 pm

At first, Lui sighed with Batilde at the sight of the spider managing to break captivity and scuttle away into the ventilation without even harming a hair on the oblivious scientist's head. Yeah, he looked around frantically and ran out of the room in fear that the spider was hiding in wait for him, but it felt like the chance for an action-horror moment of fighting off this thing in close quarters was wasted. Eventually, the gunmen returned with a survivor, a suspiciously calm young kid in a black hoodie holding a cloth over his mouth and nose, while the baker prepares a flamethrower using a can of hair spray and a lighter. Considering that the foes are based on plant spores, it was actually a good idea to combat them.

Then Lui could feel the crowd jump with him as a loud *pop* sound blasts through the vents, much like a gunshot. Wait... the spider was in the vent! With the additional visual of green viscous goop dripping from the ceiling vent onto the supermodel, it became frighteningly clear; the spores were now flowing into the ventilation. If they didn't get moving, they'd get infected right away. If the director had used it as a push to continue the plot and head to quarantine, it wasn't the best set-up but still yielded a promising result. The party was running out of the house as the other survivors in the neighborhood followed them. They were running in fear, claiming that something blew up in their vents and was spreading the spores.

"Whoa, that's a good one. These things think like a hive mind, even strategizing a way to get everyone out of their houses."

Escape the approaching hordes! an they make it to the next town to find quarantine?:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm

It was now or never! The group managed to escape the shroomers thanks to a combination of ingenuity from the scientist and the raw musclepower of the others in the group. It was really neat to see the group for the first time working together as a cohesive unit to make a path through the horde long enough to get them to an abandoned pickup truck. The scientist worked on hot-wiring the engine while the others kept the shrooms off his back so they could drive away. After an intense moment which really conveyed the looming dread and stress of the whole situation. Batilde released a sigh of relief as the group managed to get out of the whole thing unscathed... or mostly unscathed. The baker had gotten a pretty nasty wound right across the thigh from something sharp on the way in. One focused on driving while the other 3 helped stop the bleeding. Their destination? The quarantine. Hopefully they would reach it in time... And seeing as the ragtag group of heroes here knew next to nothing about the spores, they had no idea if the infection could spread via injuries or not. To the best of their ability, they rinsed the chef's wounds, which ended up being a rather grotesque scene to watch, but it served to hammer home the serious threat that these mushroom infected monsters posed."Phew... How did they make it out of there alive?" It seemed like a miracle, yet what they had done to get out of that situation made sense, somehow. It didn't exactly feel like an asspull.

The group is getting ever closer to the quarantine! The race is on! Can they make it there in time before the chef succumbs to his wounds? And what will they actually see at the quarantine itself?:
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 pm

The ride there certainly kept the suspense rolling as the baker's agonized grunts of pain rumbled in the background. While the scientist rolled through the hordes as fast as the hefty truck would allow and the gunman kept his window open for any shroomers fast enough to keep up, the model and officer tended to the baker as best they could, using the utensils in the car to wash his wound and wrap it up using the straps from the boy's mask to keep it tied together. Cleverly, the utensils were set up throughout the movie to be on each character's person, so it made sense each one would be present.

At last, the group was able to spot the quarantine area set up in the stadium downtown. White tents and barricades accompanied by military and hazmat-suited guards adorned the street as they all hustled to the checkpoint, shouting that they needed medical attention. The acting throughout the movie was very emotional, each actor knowing exactly what to convey in a scene and doing so with the right amount of realism and exaggeration. After the group was observed for infected wounds and found to be clean, a stretcher was called for the chef as he weakly wheezed through the numbing pain he was in.
"Wow... This guy deserves an award. He really looks like he's about to die
The stretcher trip from the checkpoint to the crowded medbay was shot facing the chef's sweating and pained face as the echoing voices of his friends and doctors discussed his condition. While his allies were telling him to stay with them, urging him to listen and focus on them, the camera pulled out to the bedridden chef with the crew looking on in convincing dismay. He wasn't dead yet, but he really could die at any point. The quick shot of the white-robed surgeons digging into his wound and injecting medical vials in a grotesque yet brief manner was certainly strong enough of a visual to indicate the damage these spores had done to his flesh.

In the last few scenes in the movie, the scene transitions to night as the crew discusses the baker's health and prayed he got better and looks back on the events they had gone through, sharing a touching group hug at the hope that everything would be better for the survivors. The boy shared the hug and went off down the hall, saying that he may have found his father among the survivors and wanted to let him know that he was safe. It looked like a touching departure as the boy wandered down the dimly lit hallway... into an empty room? Lui was confused at first until the kid silently looked around the room.

"Oh man, is his dad not here after all? That's a sad note to... oh no."

Lui could feel the audience gasp with him as the boy took his hood down and a green, viscous thread of goo that squirmed and moved like a worm dripped out of his nose. He looked down on the wriggling shroom worm with a creepy yet simple smile as he walked towards the camera, giving the last line of the movie in a sing-song chipper voice.

"It's time to feast, little friends. There's plenty to eat..."

The End...?

Lui grabbed the nearly empty bucket of popcorn and his empty drink and stood up, waiting for Batilde to get out of her seat to walk with him.
"Oh man, that ending had me creeped out. But it's a good pitch for the sequel for sure! How did you like it, Batilde? I'd say this tops the Spleen of Gary in a landslide. Here, I'll take your drink if you're done with it."
The Shroomer's Review:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]   Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui] Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Shroomers and Riches [Lui]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: The Out of World :: General Threads :: Archives :: Endymion :: Vista Square :: BND Theater-
Jump to: