Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Life hurts [Lucian]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Life hurts [Lucian] Empty
PostSubject: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Damn the kids. Ace was now pretty positive that coming around to check this place out and see whether it was still popular enough to survive had been a mighty bad idea. Sure, he got an answer to his curiosity, but it would seem that fate didn't favor him this time and offered more negatives than the positives. The winged demon had spent a while hovering above a group of younger teens playing dodgeball on a field, actually finding the show quite entertaining at first.

...until one of the sneaky brats decided to toss a surprise ball at him and hit him right in the face since he definitely hadn't been expecting that one. And it hurt quite a bit. Geez. Sadly, he was in no mood to get into a further mess by starting a fight with some rowdy teens, thus he would end up just shooting the kid a glare as he flapped off to the main area of the place, grumbling to himself. ''Owww....who would tell that kids could be so nasty...'' Oops, looks like he got a nosebleed too. Shucks, what a day...
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm

The initial shock had taken a considerable toll on Lucian’s state of mind, but after roughly a week of staying at home and scheming, he didn’t have much of a choice left other than accepting the reality that he was faced with.

Life hurts [Lucian] Standi10

At the very least, it all seemed real from where he stood. He could see the structures, breathe the air, taste the bitter medicine's aftertaste, touch the walls and hear the people's chatter. But was all this enough to prove that it was all real? For all Lucian knew, he was having a fever dream and was still unconscious on the ground as the last of his life slipped away from him, or maybe during the events of his inauguration day he’d suffered enough head damage to incur irreparable agnosia that made his imagination fill out every sense that was now unable to reach his brain. He could go on and on listing scenarios of what might have actually been going on, but he would be – as always – unable to probe anything; he’d be stuck with the role of playing along with what his mind told him was real. This was his new reality now, and there was no going back.

Despite this though, it was still a bitter pill to swallow; every single thing about Junction was just so surreal, and it didn’t help that his mind kept racing back to thoughts about what would happen to Earth without him. Sure the rebels were somewhat capable, but he and James were immensely helpful to them, and he worried the Horsemen would take this chance to crush what little was left of free will. Forever. Like he’d come to terms with before, however, there was no going back there now, and all he could do was leave everything he knew behind. The best way to do this, he figured, would be by replacing it with knowledge of his new reality, and what better place to get to know people of a city than a community center?

As he stepped within the premises of the previously stated building, he couldn’t help but notice that a lot of people were surprisingly human… or at least, human-esque in appearance. There were, of course, also the many, many races that looked absolutely nothing like humans, and some that resembled animals from his native world; some people, a combination of more than one of these criterions. For the sake of his own comfort and easing himself into this whole new status quo, Lucian decided it would be best to start with someone who resembled a human, yet wasn’t entirely one. Someone like… the winged boy flying overhead. A bizarre first choice, but a first choice nonetheless. “Excuse me!” Lucian called out from the ground, pulling a handkerchief from his coat’s inner pocket. “Are you alright? You look like you could use this!” He offered, noticing the boy's bleeding nose.

Last edited by Moonie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:13 pm

At first, Ace wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to his surroundings, being a bit busy with his internal grumbling, as well as trying not to get bloody splotches on his clothes. He would get poked out of his musings soon however, and blink downwards at the voice. ''Huh?'' Man, he must have been spacing out quite a bit to not notice someone new came around. Whoopsie. Then again, can't be aware of everything and everyone, right? Shaking his head to clear his mind a little, he would give the man a sheepish smile as he made a move to stand down on the ground to make this easier, reaching for the offered tissue.

Life hurts [Lucian] 42Ir5bL

''Uh, yeah I'll be fine. Just got unfortunate and earned a ball in the face. Thanks though.''
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 am

“No problem at all.” Lucian replied, taking back the handkerchief once the boy was done wiping his nose. Most would say that handkerchiefs were a waste of time when one could easily carry tissues around for the same purpose and with better more effective results, but as the leader of a nation Lucian liked to keep some class about him, this included being fancy where being non-fancy was also an option. Pedantic? Probably, yes. “A ball?” It took him a bit to realize what the winged boy was talking about. They were in a community center, after all. “Oh, you mean a sports ball? Ouch, that can’t have been pretty.” He had some very… unfortunate memories involving sports balls in middle school himself. It was a miracle his nose didn’t look any different afterwards, really. “You should probably see a doctor; if it’s bleeding, something’s already gone awry in there.” As he suggested this, a lot of thoughts came to his mind. How did Junction even deal with medicinal care? Weren’t there like, billions of different species with new ones being added constantly? What kind of physiological system could they possibly use to tend to all patients without properly studying their anatomies? Ugh, the longer he stayed in this city the more questions he was burdened with.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Well, to each their own. They could certainly be a waste of time, and a pain in the ass to clean when whatever they were used to clean up did not want to come off, but it's still better than having nothing and wiping stuff into your clothes instead, right? ''Yeeah, some rowdy kids thought it'd be fun to aim at me while I was just minding my own business and watching them a bit.'' Thankfully though, it was a shot from the ground into the air, so the force had been lessened somewhat by the gravity and whatnot. Thus it wasn't as bad as it could potentially have been. Ace would poke at his nose lightly, thinking as he heard the man's suggestion. ''Well...it doesn't really hurt too much. Might have just popped a small vein from the impact. If something seems wrong later, I suppose I could have it checked out then.'' It didn't feel like his nose was broken, and as long as it was just a small tear somewhere, it would heal on its own too. ''Oh well...but yeah, accidents do happen. You here to play something sir?''
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 8:12 pm

“Hm? Me?” It had been quite a long time since he’d played any real sports. Sure, he worked out weekly to keep himself in good shape and health, but actually playing full-on games was a rarity at his age, unfortunately. “No, I’m just wandering aimlessly, to be frank. I just arrived two jumps ago, but so far I haven’t had the time to look around the city. I wouldn’t be opposed to a game or two though, if somebody offered.” No point in telling someone he’d just met that he’d spent the last month in a coma. “What about you? Are you here for the sport or just visiting?” This wasn’t so bad… it was almost like an entirely normal conversation between two entirely normal human beings like he remembered back home. Almost.

Though, the other party’s unusual physiology was no ground to lack politeness, now was it? “I’m Lucian, by the way.” He would introduce as he stretched his hand forward, hoping the handshake greeting was as interuniversal as so far it appeared to be.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 8:21 pm

''Ah. Well yeah, the place is pretty big. Takes some time to check out completely.'' Mainly when you tried scouting areas like the Slums, or discovering the new changes that could come out of a shift in location. But hey, at least it made living here a bit more exciting from time to time. ''I came around to check out whether anything was happening here right now. Ended up watching a bunch of teens playing ball games and then got decked in the face. Nothing too interesting, I'd say.'' Unless one found it entertaining to hear about people getting hurt for no apparent reason.

Offering the man a light smile, the winged demon would accept the handshake. ''Ace. Nice to meet ya.'' Well, at least he was getting something positive from this visit. New people and a bit of a chat was never a bad way to spend the time. Not like he wanted to go back to those kids anyway.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 3:07 pm

So far so good! If nothing else, at least the gesture of a handshake was understood here. Maybe all these connected worlds had some basic structures in common; probably sociological phenomena he’d never be able to understand, but still common connectors nonetheless. “Likewise.” Lucian replied with an honest and practiced charismatic smile. Well, he knew what he wanted to say next, but he was afraid it wouldn’t be a proper question to ask in this society. If there’s one thing being a politician had taught him however, it was that nobody ever got anywhere by beating around the bush and not taking chances. “Say, what species are you, if you don’t mind me asking? Those wings seem pretty useful.” And so, Lucy took the figurative leap of faith. It was weird to ask such a question nonchalantly, but at the same time it definitely had a sense of… charm to it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 5:18 pm

Yeah, handshakes were pretty typical. Even those who didn't originally know probably figured it out after a while as the gesture spread around from person to person. It's certainly good to have common points in communication despite the racial diversity after all. Ace would nod at the man through the greeting, offering a faint smile when the question came. To be honest, the man probably didn't need to worry there too much. Even the veterans of this world would end up meeting new species each time someone hopped on board, so questions about race were decently common. He himself had been asked a couple times before already. Nothing wrong with curiosity, is there? ''Nah, it's cool. With how many different people live here, it's impossible to know without asking after all.'', he would wave a hand nonchalantly. He really didn't mind. ''They call my race Aven. Though in simple terms I'm what you'd call a bird demon. Raven to be specific. I assume you're one of the human races?'' The man did look it, though of course nothing can be said for sure. Even an alien can look pretty human if they don't have visible external clues on their bodies.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 12:45 pm

A Raven specification? So did that mean his species had sub-races corresponding to different types of birds? If that was the case, that was a really interesting topic, especially for someone as interested in science and culture as Lucian. “Yes, I am.” He felt a little modest compared to all these other races, but he imagined the other races felt the same way initially. “Are humans particularly common here? I’ve seen a lot of human-like people but they seem to differ some way or another…” This definitely raised some questions about the role of humanity or at least the human-based genome in Junction as a city and as a culture. He'd have to look into it later.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Yes, they indeed did. They could be all kinds of birds, depending on which genetics got passed down. Different species were definitely an interesting thing, with all the quirks each one of them could possibly have to be observed. Ace would rub his chin in thought when the man wondered about the human population on Junction. That was a hard one, due to appearances not always being enough of a proof of one's race. ''I'm pretty sure I've met some before. They may not be the same type of human as you though. It's usually kinda hard to tell, as in many cases you need to ask due to their looks not being enough to give you a solid answer. Nevertheless, I don't doubt there are a bunch of humans living here.'' Humans seemed to be a fairly wide-spread race, even with some difference amongst ones coming from different worlds. They were probably more common than some rare species that had very little in common with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 am

“Well, now I can’t help but feel a bit boring.” So humans were an unspecialized majority of sorts? Interesting. Lucian wondered what could lead many different worlds to have the same species as a present civilization; maybe they were just an unspecialized standard form of sentient life? Eh, he’d probably never know. “What about you? How long have you been here in Junction?” The more he talked with Ace, the more he got a feel for socializing despite the racial difference. Perhaps it might’ve been a bit conserved of him, but he imagined it would’ve presented greater difficulties; in reality, it was… socialization exactly as he knew it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am

''Nah, I'm pretty sure no one in here is boring. Even with other types of humans around, you're still different from them somehow.'' There was no clear standard here in Junction, so everyone you came across was at least a little different than the person next to them. Made it hard for someone to be really boring, since it's not like your lookalikes were everything one would see throughout their days. It's probably much easier to not stand out in your own world, where everyone is more or less like you. The winged demon would scratch his cheek in thought. ''About three years methinks. I didn't note down the exact day I came here, but that should be it more or less. It's sure been a while, heh.'' But this place always had something more to offer, considering it brought new stuff and even people with each hop. ''Say, how are you liking it here so far?''
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 12:13 pm

“It’s…” Actually, Lucian didn’t quite know what to answer to this question. Sure, the city was a marvel as a place and as a civilization, and he few hours he’d spent here so far had been some of the most interesting hours of his entire life, but at the same time it would be egregious to say he was completely fine with being here. “I’d be lying if I said I don’t miss my homeworld…” Lucian began as he pushed up his glasses with his index finger. “…but on its own, it’s definitely one of the most impressive things I’ve seen in my life, and I’m starting to get old, mind you.” A lighthearted chuckle escaped the man’s lips. Looking back on it, twelve year old Lucian would’ve given anything to be where forty year old Lucian found himself. Fate seemed to have been a little late on his wishes.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm

''Mm, yeah the first times can be tough, depending on where you came from. I bet a lot of people here miss their home. I wonder if Junction ever visits places it's already been to....after all, there can only be so many worlds in existence, right..?'' Even if the plans were to never repeat, was it possible that there was literally an endless amount of worlds to go to? Then again...it was also possible that the person would die of old age before a revisit happened anyway. Oops. ''Gotta admit, this place sure is a wonder though. Hope you'll manage to get used to it. Would suck to worry too much in your old age, ya know?'', Ace would stick his tongue out at the man humorously. Though, it did make him wonder just how old the man was since it was being mentioned. For now though, he would opt to not poke about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life hurts [Lucian]   Life hurts [Lucian] Empty

Back to top Go down

Life hurts [Lucian]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next