Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) Empty
PostSubject: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:12 pm

"Knock Knock Knock! Avon calling! Ehehe!"

8D smirked and opened the door to the lab with little more ceremony. Oddly, tonight it was rather dark and empty. Tonight was Professor J's scheduled sleep night, the one time a week when Kay ground up two sleeping pills into his dinner and made sure the workaholic got some actual sleep. SO! The lab was empty,-Convenient no?- Which was perfect due to the fact that he and Dynomut needed to have yet another heart to heart tonight. And he thought after their last one they were square as square could be! Turns out they were more of a rhombus, kind of square but in all reality no one even knows what you are and more often then not you get confused for a diamond. Poor old rhombus... we hardly knew yee...

REGARDLESS! 8D would hop down the steps and flick on the labs lights as he went. Poochie would be down in a minute, no doubt enjoying a bit of a talk with Callie. How 8D knew this? -Because time lines are stupid-. What they were going to talk about down here was frankly kinda obvious. From the start 8D knew that Selenus would have a persona. It was obvious, and he had thought it was obvious to Selenus that HE had a persona. It's kind of hard to go three steps in this world without running into a persona User or a relative equivalent.

SO! Untill Poochie decided to come down 8D would take this opportunity to sit in the doctor's favorite spinny lab chair and twirl until the world stopped working! WEEEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 11:59 am

A flamboyant vampire once said to a priest that people who are different from others – separated by a special ability - have a sort of gravity that attracts them to one another. Selenus didn’t know exactly how true this fact was, but it definitely held true to his case. He didn’t know if he’d been running into more Persona Users since he became one himself, or if he was simply running into them before but not being able to tell because of his lack of psyche-familiar powers. All Selenus knew for a fact was that he had fallen down the rabbit hole, and there was no way to climb back out. The fact that there was now a literal rabbit involved did not help.

Finishing his talk with Callie, Selenus stepped down the stairs into the basement below, ready to face his worst nightmare. He understood that Grins had no real ill will, and was simply himself in all that he did, but despite knowing this Selenus couldn’t help but feel a sort of grudge towards him. Perhaps it was disdain, perhaps it was jealousy, perhaps it was a simple matter of not being able to connect. Either way, he had come to respect the robot clown, even if he irritated him. “So, Grins.” He began. “Explanation. Now”
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Once Selenus had settled himself in the Basement and said his, frankly short, piece, 8D would stop his merry twirling and face the dog with a warm smile."Ah Poochie... Straight to the point eh? No tea and crumpets? Ehehe... No... No I suppose we're past the song and dance now aren't we? No fooling you! Ehehehe! And to think after only three links... Color me impressed." 8D would let out a dry low laugh, utterly unlike his normal chortle. After a moment he would let out a deep sigh and lean back in the swivel chair, the seat letting out a long slow groaning squeak as he reclined "Alright, lets just cut out the bull crap then eh? It's obvious it doesn't work on you. You want a full explanation? Sorry, not yet. We may be buddies but not even Callie has the full story... I can however give you the PG:13 version."

8D would sit up and look Selenus square in the snout and smirk slightly "We both what we are Selenus, we're weapons. Made to fight the enemies of man's own heart. It only makes sense that we would come equipped with the strongest firepower in all the world. The power of Ego, Persona. If you're question is how I got mine, well that's a very personal and long story, but I'll tell you what..." 8D would pause and hold up three fingers. "You get three questions that I have to answer truthfully. No jokes, no double meanings, and in return all I ask is that I can do the same... There are a few things that I can't tell you quite yet but I'll tell you everything I can. I feel I can trust you that much at least. After all if you were a dog of the so called "Queen" you would have turned me in already... heh... Dog... that's a good one."
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyThu May 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Selenus couldn’t help but smirk when the robotic clown finally dropped his eternally happy façade; he’d figured for a long time that no single person could act this happy and not have serious emotional issues, but it was gratifying to actually see his suspicions show true. It wasn’t enough of a change to make the robotic canine feel as if he was speaking to an entirely different person; however, as the final remark made by 8D before he awaited a reply confirmed that he still retained part of the personality Selenus was familiar with. “Very well, I’ll play along.” Though his words were cold and direct, he wasn’t as aggressive or antagonizing as he was the last time they’d played a question-based game. “First off, how long have you had a persona? Second, who is Professor J.? Nobody should be that skilled with psychorobotics unless they’ve had previous experience with certain shadowy organizations. And third, how did you know we were going to run into demons before we even came close to them? I’m not an idiot, I refuse to believe that it’s a coincidence that you just so happened to fancy walking with me the night this would happen, then coincidentally happen to also possess a Persona.”
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

"Burnging through all your questions in one go eh Poochi?... Not what I would have done but sure, whatever floats your boat. In order of question asked," 8D let out a long and haggard breath as he leaned back in his chair. He couldn't help but feel both satisfied and slightly irked by the slight squeak the chair made under his weight"How long have I had my persona? One million four hundred fifty six thousand eight hundred seventy seven years three months and twelve days...See that look is exactly why you should have saved your questions heh..." 8D would smirk at the reaction he was sure to get for the answer, however he would not dwell on it and move straight on to the second question.

"Now Professor J's history is one thing that I have to censer slightly, but I can give you the gist. He was, and I suppose still is, the top scientist in his field in this world. Though back home he's just another poor imitation in a long line of poor imitations. He has no connection to any organization or faction of this world or any world close to it. In fact I doubt we'll ever see the fruits of his labor or the faction we're a part of ever again. At this point I think he's still working simply because he doesn't know anything else..." 8D would cast a lazy gaze over to the large stack of glass cubes filled with singular black orbs. "Heaven Knows I don't..."

"And as for your third and final question... Frankly... I don't think you want to know the full answer to that question Poochie... But I'll give you the sparknotes by asking you a question myself. How do you know something is going to happen in a book or a movie, especially one that takes place over a long period of time. Hm... Simple, the very fact that you're seeing it, the scene in front of you, means something is going to happen. Now imagine you were a character in that film who could also watch the film, you would know when something was going to happen because you would know when the camera is rolling. It's not a perfect analogy but if you sit and think about it you might start to pick up what I'm putting down..." 8D's smile would return as he leaned forward again and met Selenus's eyes. "I am an Observer Lunar One... I sit atop the wall that separates and see both sides... Ya know... I think I could show you if you really... really wanted to. Though trust me, it would not be pretty."[/color]
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue May 16, 2017 1:09 am

Selenus sat patiently as he took in the answers provided by the robotic clown. He knew that once his explanation was over, he would probably never get the chance to speak seriously with him about this again, so he had to take every single word that came out of 8D’s mouth as a critical piece of evidence if had any hope of finally understanding the robotic bozo or risk being lost to the truth about him, his origins and his supernatural-esque demeanors for the rest of time. He’d have to thoroughly analyze the meaning, consequences and implications of every sentence, down to the very way in which 8D pronounced every single word. However, Selenus realized before he started that there would be a chance that the information he was presented with would be incomprehensible or simply put: not pretty. In order to prevent this from interfering with his analysis, Selenus deactivated his emotion drive indefinitely, with the intention of only rebooting it once he’d finished analyzing everything. For now, Selenus felt no emotion, expressed no emotion and showed no emotion: he was truly a machine.

First up, the length of time for which he’s had a Persona.  One million four hundred fifty six thousand eight hundred seventy seven years three months and twelve days, which should be roughly the early Pleistocene, a radical number of years before any and all sentient forms of life on planet Earth, making it impossible for such a condition to occur under regular circumstances. This meant one of a few things:

1) 8D was lying.
2) 8D was a time traveler (This particular option would explain his knowledge of future events prior to their occurrence).
3) 8D was not from Earth or not from this particular universe.
4) 8D was insane.

Before coming to a conclusion, Selenus would opt to listen to the other answers and use the combined data to reach a conclusion.

Second, the identity of 8D’s supposed creator: Professor J. For the most part, Grins’ answer was incredibly vague and redundant, making points that Selenus was already mostly aware of. There was, however, one bit of implicit context that gave Selenus a very important clue: “-in this world. Though back home-“. This tidbit of information narrowed the possibilities down a bit. As it stood:

1) 8D was lying.
2) 8D and Professor J. are from an entirely separate realm of existence. Normally this would be considered illogical, however considering the recent turn of events his life had taken, Selenus was willing to suspend the need to apply absolute logic to every conceivable end result.
3) 8D was insane.

Additionally, Selenus noticed that upon mentioning working due to a lack of other activities to partake in, 8D’s behavior was different. It didn’t spell lazy or sad, no, it spelt… tired. Tiredness is born from tedium and repetitiveness, or a lack of uncertainty. This was a very important clue: A lack of uncertainty would coincide perfectly with 8D’s apparent ability to predict future events, as he had with the appearance of Demons on Selenus’s route home.

And third, the reason for which 8D had been aware of what was going to happen. His answer was kept intentionally vague, but it wasn’t vague enough to stop the machine in front of him to analyze the statement to hell and back. Though his sentences in the third answer made no rational sense other than allegory and riddling, they did coincide with the data Selenus had gathered so far: 8D was somehow aware of whatever event was upcoming, which was probably also the reason why he feels tedium in existence itself. Options number 1 and 2 – 8D being a liar and insane respectively – had in all technicality not been disproven yet, however the evidence was thus: 8D had been able to predict the arrival of demons, and so the evidence sided with the notion that 8D was not normative in nature.

So, knowing that 8D was no regular robot, that he most likely was not lying about any three of his answers, that he showed no signs of mental instability or its robotic variants that weren’t forced as a social façade, that he had been able to predict the future by knowing all of his own personal timeline and that of others, that he and J. likely came from an entirely different plane of existence, and that he either had to be a time traveler or not from this Earth for his timeline of events to add up, Selenus reached a conclusion:

8D came from a different universe, which alludes by context to the existence of an infinite or finite multiverse. Professor J. had seemingly no knowledge of psychorobotics prior to the Eternal Divide, yet he was extremely proficient in them now despite the fact that being able to learn such a craft post-divide would’ve been nigh-impossible. This meant that he either had outside help, or he held an expertise in psychorobotics from the very beginning but did not show it. His knowledge must’ve come from somewhere though, and if he arrived with that knowledge from whatever his home world was, then it stood to reason that he would have technology of a high enough level to make interuniversal travel possible, lest he would not stand in this universe now. This gave Selenus an idea of what the explanation behind 8D was, however his analysis was not yet over.

8D’s stance towards this whole deal reeked of a single mental condition: Severe depression. Now, Professor J. and 8D are clearly both geniuses. If they had willingly planned to see another universe’s timeline before travelling to it, it would not have brought about such depression. If they had planned to come here and had the technology to see the timeline, they would’ve been smart enough to know that that was a terrible idea, and had it been a voluntary decision would not have caused such depression in 8D. However, had they had the technology to jump between universes and unwillingly learned a truth they didn’t want to learn about the timeline of their life, now that would certainly stem such depression and tedium from 8D. The question now was: How would they have come to learn of it? As settled before, Selenus doubted that they would do so voluntarily if they had the technology, so it was most likely that the revelation had been brought upon them by an outside event. There was only one logical conclusion for this all to make sense, but… but…

Selenus’s emotion drive jumpstarted on its own, unable to repress the bursting surge of emotion that filled the robotic canine’s mind. To 8D’s eyes, this entire process would simply appear as if Selenus had been in thought for ten to five seconds after he’d finished speaking. Now, in regards to the conclusion that Selenus had come to about what would need to be the truth behind 8D for his foresight and nature and personality to make sense… Selenus had always considered the possibility ever since information about the multiverse theory had been forced into his mind by Ortygia scientists, but up until now it hadn’t really mattered. Until the very moment in which there would be no other truth to run to, the idea of such a state of reality would have been irrelevant. As for Selenus’s health of mind… he still did have, however, a saving grace: The lack of definitive proof, and the chance that it was all a misunderstanding on 8D’s part. That simple instance of information would allow Selenus to remain sane.

Selenus’s tail pointed at 8D sharply, one of the three wires on the end extending out like an accusing finger. “If you ever tell me anything I shouldn’t know, I’ll kill you. Do I make myself clear?” This threat, of course, was empty; however, Selenus needed one thing more than any other at that point in time: A metaphorical lifeline.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyWed May 24, 2017 10:27 am

"Hah.... You're smarter then I thought Selenus, smart choice." 8D smiled and leaned back in his chair again and brought a hand to his chin in thought. Clearly Selenus had spent a good bit of his processing power decoding his answers. 8D was no fool, he knew that a few seconds to him and Selenus were much more substantial then to a human. Though... 8D felt a little unsatisfied with all this. He had promised Selenus to answer his questions fully and yet he could only do that with one. It wasn't often that 8D felt genuine guilt, but when he did it hit him with full force.

"I'll tell you what Poochie... Sense I answered super vauge for two of your questions I'll give you one more... I owed you three answers and gave you one full answer and two half answers, this only makes it fair wouldn't you agree? Ehehehe. And if your worried about my questions, don't, I'll ask them in due time." 8D's grin grew and his hat lit up as he let out a deep bellowing laugh that echoed off the steel walls of the lab. His laugh died as soon as it came, leaving the two bathed in a sort of ringing  silence.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Selenus didn’t want to know any more than he already did, so his original plan was to pass up on the extra question. However… “Actually…” Assuming 8D was to be trusted on his claims of legitimacy, then this was Selenus’s chance to ask without any moral hesitation. There was nothing Selenus could do to read 8D’s mind or know if he’s lying or not, so the only thing he could do was to ask at his most emotional moment and hope that whatever reply he finds is the truth and not just a pity-born consolation. “My final question is… do you really think of me as a friend, or am I just entertainment?” Selenus’s voice wavered a bit as he asked this, which came as a surprise to even himself. He’d never really felt overly attached to 8D, and he’d lost much more than just a possible friendship and walked away from it fine, so it was a mystery to the robot wolf as to why the outcome of such an inquiry mattered so much to him. Maybe he just needed someone who could relate, maybe he subconsciously saw potential for an incredible friendship, or maybe he was just plain lonely. Whichever the case, he eagerly awaited a response.[/color]
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am

"Well Duh... I take back what I said Poochi, you ARE as dumb as I thought you where heh... Would I have told you all this stuff if you were just another toy? No... No I'd just keep messing with you and having my fun like I do with ninety percent of the puppets out there. You're a pal Poochi,"8D snickered and stood from his seat, cracking his back and spinning his head. He let out a long low groan before cracking his neck and smiling ear to ear."Besides, if you WERE just another toy, you'd be a lousy one at this point, it's no fun playing with a defiant toy that knows it's own significance. I could teach you how to mess with people if you like.... Hey now that DOSE sound like fun! We could go around and have all sorts of Silly Willy FUN! Eheheh, with that disguise thingy you got, just think of all the pranks we could pull! Ya ever see a family react to grampa showing up at his own funeral? It's a laugh and a half! Eheheheh! Oh... wait is that mean? I feel like that's mean..."

8D tapped his chin in thought for a moment as the lights on his hat lit one by one until they were all on. Then they all flashed at once as an idea popped into his head. "Hold on! If we're gunna do this we gatta get you a hat! What do you say Poochie?"
Back to top Go down
Moonie

Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 am

Normally, Selenus would’ve berated 8D or simply groaned in disapproval of his antics, but this time around Selenus would only reply with a light chuckle and some shaking of the head. “I’ll… pass. Thanks.” Although… “If you want to do something fun together though… as long as it doesn’t involve messing with others, I wouldn’t object.” Maybe it was about time he participated in his first ever co-worker bonding activity.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Selenus of the Moon and 8D "Grins" of the Hermit have strengthened their bond to Rank 4...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)   Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus) Empty

Back to top Go down

Long day huh Poochie? (Selenus)
Page 1 of 1