Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] Empty
PostSubject: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] Vp7qfc
---------------------
Lunch with a Postulant

:: Social Link Topic ::
---------------------

Ah, Lunchtime. The best hour of school, really. Not only did one get a well deserved break from the flow of information the teachers forcefed you during the morning hours, you also got to restore your energies for the next few hours and chat with friends! For the last couple of days, Batlide had spent this time of the day mostly by herself, unless someone else wanted to talk to her, which was a rare occurence. Of course, some of her friends did poke her every now and again though, so that was nice, but... With Miyuki's dissapearance, it just didn't feel the same...

So here she stood, with her lunchbox hidden in the plastic bag she was holding, as she looked around cafeteria for someplace to sit. Most of the tables were occupied with students whom have formed friendship groups, and it would just be weird to jump into one of those. So there was only 2 tables to choose from... One next to the window with a bespectacled, bluehaired woman sitting beside it, eating her lunch, and the other... was occupied by a weird guy from Batilde's class. So the choice was pretty easy... Woman with glasses it was.

With a little bit of hesitation, Batilde slowly made her way towards the table, clearing her throat lightly as to grab the woman's attention. "A-Ahem... Um... Mind if I sit here with you?" She asked, a bit more timid than she would've liked, but it would have to do.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 5:07 pm

It was a little earlier than she liked to start eating her food. But after a work meeting and a surprise Terrorist, her stomach clearly demanded she get some kind of reward for all that trouble. The cafeteria was open, so there wasn't any reason for her to comply to these wishes. At this point, she didn't really care of the attention she was getting from her get-up and the coffin. It was a long morning, after all. She just wasn't in the mood for it.

It was a meal of a salad, sandwiches, a bowl of clam chowder, sourdough bread, and an orange on a tray. A suitably well-stocked meal for one person. But Maria wasn't just a normal human either. In comparison to anything else she ate, it was like sustaining herself with just a piece of gum with this lunch alone. Maria would have wanted to ask for more, but she didn't want to impose herself on the school as she already did with the coffin. That and she was feeling rather moody to even care enough for more.

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] VQZxlEs

"...eh? Um, are you sure? Well, if you want to, feel free."

Maria was just taking a sip from her soup before pausing in surprise that someone actually wanted to approach the weird and foreboding looking nun. But then again, her world wasn't normal in any instance. She allowed the girl to sit near her, leaving her alone as the Cadet ate her meal. The postulant tried to be casual about it, but she felt rather awkward...
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 5:19 pm

"Well, yes. I'd rather sit here with you than with that guy over there." Batilde replied, sitting down in front of Maria, pointing discreetly at the little chubby guy a couple of tables away from where they were sitting. He currently sat there, poking his nose without a care in the world, looking quite vacant and overall unpleasant to eat lunch with. "That, and well... It feels weird barging into an alreadty established group of friends. Coffin aside, you seem pretty nice." A light smile made it's way across the girl's face as she picked up the small, metallic lunchbox from the plastic bag and placed it in front of her on the table. If you ignored the massive coffin behind the woman, she looked quite innocent, and cute in a way. Maybe it was the blue hair in combination with the glasses that gave her this air of innocence that Batilde kinda gravitated towards? Either way, Batilde had seen this girl walk around the halls of the school on numerous occasions, but a good opportunity to speak with her had never really shown itself, as Batilde herself, or the woman in front of her, had been rather busy every time, so for once, Batilde seized this opportunity to finally talk to her!

"Je m'app-" Batilde started but stopped herself as she had spoken in french... force of habit, really. She needed to stop making her french bleed into her daily speech now. Seriously. "Uhm... My name is Batilde Gagnon. Pleasure to meet you, mademoiselle." She offered a handshake to the woman in front of her, trying to be as polite as possible, smiling a bit shyly towards her. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 5:31 pm

"Erm... well, alright. If you say so," Maria slowly relented with a nod. She could agree with her reasons, well almost completely. The Cadet figured there wasn't any reason to completely avoid everybody as long as they didn't harass her. So far, no one really did. At first, she blinked at the girl who was trying to introduce herself. But she took the handshake and replied in turn, "Maria. Maria Woodsworth, miss. Nice to meet you too."

She seemed rather friendly enough. Not really rudely pushing her face towards the Cadet like a certain somebody. Though strangely enough, did she know French? Was she French? Knowing that Endymion was really nowhere in Europe, perhaps she was a transfer student? She curiously asked her younger peer, "Are you by chance from France, Miss Gagnon?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 am

Batilde giggled a little bit at Maria's response. She seemed a bit doubtful at first... but then again, Batilde wasn't really the best when it came to reading people. She smiled warmly, however, towards her lunch-mate when the two shook hands. "Maria, huh? That's a pretty name." Sure, it was a rather common one, but did that really matter? Maria was a rather nice name. Easy to pronounce and spell, Simple, yet had some nice symbolism tied to it, and not to mention the plethora of religious figures who also went by that name. Batilde wasn't as exciting of a name, even if it was easy to make nicknames of. Bat was the most commonly used one though. Not that she minded it, to be honest.

"As a matter of fact, yes I am. I moved here from Lyon as an Exchange-student. While France is great and all, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to move abroad. I'm going to be studying here for the next two years or so. Pretty exciting for me! Of course, there are some... issues that come with being foreign. Namely the language. Sure, I can handle english quite well, but as you may have noticed, mon français bleeds into my daily speech every now and again... It's just a force of habit I have to get rid of at some point. Though I have only been living here for what... 4-5 days? I'm sure it'll get better with time." Batilde replied, her french accent being subtle, but still very much present for those who really paid attention. "So what about you, Maria? You here from Endymion? Or do you come from someplace else?"
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Exchange students weren't exactly common in Endymion as far as Maria was aware. Being someone who was stuck in the city for all her life, she had a kind of wish to travel out and see what the world was like. The Cadet intently listened to the student, as if savoring what she had to say. English was the only language that she knew, but to hear something like French had an air of something special.

"I was born and raised here," Maria gave a sheepish shrug, "Endymion is basically my entire world. That said, that's interesting. Your English is pretty good, Miss Gagnon. It can't have been easy, right?"

Learning another language wasn't impossible, but it took dedication, time, and practice. Three of these that Maria didn't have much time for given her circumstances at the moment, but she envied that. Another bite from her sandwiches caused half of it to disappear in her chewing mouth. After she swallowed, she asked her, "Could you tell me more about Lyon?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:48 am

"Ah, I see. Well, Endymion is an interesting place, I'll give it that. The whole Psyche-terrorist thing is kinda scary though." Batilde replied, twirling her hair around her index finger thoughtfully. "I just hope that I don't get dragged into it all somehow." While she wasn't involved with the Terrorists proper, Batilde could certainly be branded as one, considering she never registered herself. Not that she had any plans on becoming a cadet anytime soon. Besides, the only thing she really used her powers for was helping people survive demon attacks during the night. Buuuut governments rarely gave a crap about what your goals were, if you had the means to do harm. So it was best to keep her powers a secret for as long as she was able. "Thank you, Miss Woodsworth. It wasn't easy, I'll tell you that, but it wasn't paticularly nightmarish either. While I do prefer to speak french, speaking English really isn't that bad. I'll just have to get used to it. I've basically been practicing speaking english since I was like what... six or seven? It might have been even earlier than that. My... dad was quite persistent." Not that she resented him for it in any way, as it had proven to be quite the useful skill. "Oh, you wanna know more about Lyon? Sure, I'll gladly tell you anything you'd like to know! The city has this nice, medieval feel to it, mixed with the modern marvels of today. Like most cities from older days, it gets a very unique personality to the place. The buildings and all the various monuments in the city all contribute towards this. But aside from that, it's pretty much just like any other major, coastal city anywhere else. I personally love the place, but it's not something for everyone, I can garantuee you that. It's no Paris or London by any stretch, but the Alps are pretty close by... Just a few hours away by bus or car. So that's pretty cool."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm

"I'm sure the Cadets can handle them. They're doing their best, I'd imagine." Her smile was a little sad hearing this from her. The Psyche-Terrorists were a danger to the city. First it was demons, which they were still a considerable hazard, but were kept in check by the Cadets. Yet, it was the Terrorists that were far dangerous. Humans with powers were a potent force, especially when it's difficult to tell what they would do next. They weren't very different from demons. All it meant was that they were just enemies they had to neutralize for the good of the city.

There a look of envy in her expression as she listened to Batilde. There was a kind of romantic view of the place in Maria's mind. She could already imagine the infamous mountains and the homely medieval-like architecture. It would awfully be nice to visit there some day.

She remarked with a happy clap of her hands, "It sounds really romantic. I'd like to go there someday. I want the taste of Alps air... it must be really refreshing compared to the city."

Unpolluted and full of nature, she could already imagine how fresh it would be. Perhaps the reality was better than her imagination. But she wouldn't be surprised if it was better than East Eden for that matter. "So what brings you here, Miss Gagnon? Coming all the way from Lyons to here?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 6:21 pm

"I sure hope so..." Batilde replied, her tone a bit worried. Lui was talking about joining them in search for answers. She kinda envied him for that. Having such an easy choice. But for Batilde, that choice wasn't as cut and dry. All she wanted to do was help people with the "gift" she had been given... nothing more, nothing less. But the cadet side scared her a bit. With how well they seemed to have covered everything up after the big disaster that took place here five years ago... And considering how Registration was necessary... Batilde wasn't really sure how to go about this whole situation. Perhaps, with more information about the two sides she could make a more... educated choice on which side to fight for, if any at all. Maybe the motivation for both sides were just bogus. And Batilde wasn't willing to jump into a conflict in which she shared no motivation with at all. She just wanted to help people. Was that so inherently wrong?

"It is... I love that city soo much. Lyon is really something special. If you go there sometime, be sure to visit me if you have the chance. I'd gladly show you around, Maria!" Batilde smiled happily towards the other woman, almost tempted to clasp the Postulates hands with her very own. "My parent's mansion is just a short distance away from the main city. It's this biiiig, white manor, with rooms for at least 15 if not 20 people to sleep in and we'd still have room for more guests. And that's not even taking the 3 maids and our 2 butlers who lives with us." Batilde stopped herself mid sentence. "Oof... Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a braggard. I just really want to bring a friend over to the Gagnon Manor. I... I've never done that before." The thought certainly excited her, and it was clearly visible on the girl's face. "Oh, it's just the studies, really. I've heard good things about Seven Stars, and seeing as they just started up an exchange-student Programme not too long ago... I just wanted to see something new, y'know? Experience new things, and meet people. That and... well... I wanted to get away from my dad..."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 4:36 pm

She couldn't blame the exchange student for having doubts. Even Maria was having some doubts of her own abilities alone, the rest of her teammates were also another reason to worry about. But to do nothing was to exacerbate the issue. They had to get stronger, together.

Worries aside, Maria was staring at Batilde as she was slowly eating her sandwich and just finished other parts of her meal. She was rather fast, but at the same time she was slowing down the more the girl gave a view of her hometown.

"...Oh! Um... Wow. No, that's alright. It's a bit much to take in, haha..."

This was like the fourth time she met someone of status? Perhaps fifth if you included all of the Lamecia's. It made her feel rather small in comparison, with her mundane cell-like room. She never needed for much as she had the bare necessities. "I can understand. Sometimes you'd like to try something new. I'm the same in that instance. But well... I got obligations here. Something like that."

She shrugged and took another bite of her meal. Maria could feel a lot of parallels with her. In a way, it made her nostalgic of her own background. But there was a bit of pain in it, after all.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 11:03 am

"I'm glad I got to move over here though. Endymion is a pretty city, that I cannot deny." Batilde replied with a light smile. "So, what do you do during your downtime?" She inquired before quickly adding in. "As in, anything after school aside from homework. Any hobbies? Part-time jobs? School clubs?" It was a good place to start, if anything. She wanted to know her fellow schoolmate a bit better, after all. Batilde took another bite from her lunch while waiting for Maria to finish talking, listening intently to what she had to say. "Ah, I see... Well, I have some pictures of Lyon on my Phone if you'd like to at least see the town?" She asked, taking out her phone from the breast-pocket of her uniform. "Let's see here..."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:19 pm

"Um, well... I don't really do much. I just read... and exercise. I help out in community service," Maria replied awkwardly when asked, "Something like that."

She didn't want to share anything about her job as a Cadet. Yes, she was devoted to the city's safety and to follow the orders of the Government. But, she didn't want that to overwhelm what little she had as a person. In many respects, perhaps she had failed her training in the Church. She was supposed to be a weapon, yet that mindset didn't completely root inside of her. In a way, she was a failure.

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] KUhLxPQ

"Sure! I would love to! Please take your time."

Despite saying this, she was rather eager to get her hands on those recorded sights. Her meal was three-quarters the way done as she continued to eat. But even when she was done eating, she'd at least stay around to look into these pictures at least once. She had some time, not like anyone required her presence right away.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm

"Oh! Community service? Like cleaning the streets and that kinda stuff? Interesting..." She certainly didn't look the part, but Batilde wasn't one to judge. The exercising bit she couldn't really see either... then again, the nun habit did cover up a lot of the potential muscle and such. Aside from that, she seemed to be in really good shape, despite how much she was eating. The choice of clothing was a bit... off though. "Forgive me if this seems rude but... what's up with the clothes?" Batilde asked, nodding towards her clothing. "You a nun or something, Maria?" Why else would she wear something like that? And in school, no less. Not that it really mattered much to Batilde in the grand scheme of things. She was just curious, after all.

"Ah! Here we are!" Batilde exclaimed cheerfully and showed Maria the photo.

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] Lyon-3-1024x683
"Here you go! That's just outside a Café I visited on my last day in Lyon before I flew over to America. The colorful one right there."

She pointed with one of her fingers to the café on the left, with the green chairs. "The Mercièr express has some really good pastries. I highly recommend you give it a try if you're in the area."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 am

"Oh! Um, well, I am in training at the moment. So I sometimes end up wearing this," Maria replied as she pointed at her own garb, "Sometimes I end up coming here in it out of habit. If you know what I mean, ha ha..."

It wasn't just that, to her it was a kind of uniform for the job she took on as not just as a Cadet, but as an Executor. It was already five years since she was accepted, but she would need longer to become fully accepted within the Cathedral's fold in that religious sense. At best she was a combat resource to be relied upon from the religious establishment.

"Whoa... That's so nice..."

She was increasingly transfixed the longer she looked at the image. It was so picturesque in the middle of a city, it had a kind of charm that Endymion didn't have. But perhaps it was unique to an European city than a city that was inhabited by demons. It was the first time for a look into a world outside of these walls.

"Maria, hand me the rolling pin. I need it for the dough."

"Mary, can you watch the kids? I need to watch the store."

"But Sis! I wanna watch Feather Ranger!

"I'm hungry! Maryyyyy!"

"Aww... Do I have to?"

It made her remember something for that moment, she stared at the picture almost listlessly. But she finally blinked and gave one last bite from her meal. She was here, in Endymion, as an Executor and as a Cadet. There was no going back...

"Um, yeah. I will, it sounds like a nice place," she began to hurriedly speak, "Anyway, it's nice to meet you Batilde. I hope to meet you again. And I hope you will enjoy your stay in Endymion. Feel free to come to me if you need any help, I'll be at the Sunlake Palms Church. See ya!"

She tried to remain as cheerful as she could, while beginning to leave with her finished plates and tray. But somewhere inside... something hurt.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 3:54 pm

MARIA OF THE CHARIOT AND BATILDE OF THE EMPEROR HAVE ESTABLISHED A SOCIAL LINK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]   Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lunch with a Postulant :: Lunchtime [Godai]
Page 1 of 1