Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Time Off (Grex)
Today at 1:00 pm by Wolfie977

» Mission: What Lies Underneath.
Today at 11:09 am by Wolfie977

» Mission: Traveling Unknown Lands (North Team.)
Today at 10:45 am by Wolfie977

» Clashing Blades, Clashing Minds (Cecil)
Yesterday at 11:41 pm by Infernal Zero

» Hey there!
Yesterday at 11:34 pm by Captain Caliber

» The Big Debut [Psyche-Terrorist Dungeon]
Yesterday at 7:44 pm by Bfroger6

» Fantastic Mr. Fox [Zane's Awakening]
Yesterday at 6:04 pm by Godai

» Apple Day [Devi]
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by Deshi

» En Garde [Lui/Gabe]
Yesterday at 4:39 pm by Captain Caliber

Current Events
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 am

Hello, one and all! Now, before you get out your pitchforks and torches for me posting this while not being a member of staff anymore, I feel like a thread like this is necessary now. With so many new mechanics being implemented, and things changing, we, as a community, need a place to post up feedback for Staff and everyone else to see. The chatbox has never been a good place for this, since it gets cluttered and points may not come across. Now, don't use this thread as a means of arguing, but rather as a tool we all can make use of to make the experience for everyone on this site (Staff included) more enjoyable. While staff has the responsibility to make changes, it's up to us, the main playerbase, to point out what may or may not be in need of a tweak. We are still a community, and as such, everyone should at least have the chance to voice their opinions regarding mechanics and such. Now, this doesn't mean the staff SHOULD follow these feedback posts to a T. Only if the same opinion is shared, or someone gives good arguments for why something should or shouldn't be changed. Resolving these kinds of issues via PM works too, but then the Staff Inbox gets clogged, and good points may be lost in a tide of PMs. And since this gives everyone a public place to discuss changes, everyone can throw their cents in, rather than the feedback being spread across hidden PMs.

So, here's how this is going to work. Anyone who wants to voice their opinion need to follow a small template, making it easy to read and understand. MAKE SURE TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR WITH WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS CHANGING, AND HOW YOU WOULD SOLVE IT. Otherwise, it's just ranting, and that's not what this thread's purpose is. So, without further delay, Here's the Template you should follow. And this should go without saying, but I'll put this out anyway, so it's stated. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST STAFF MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS WILL BE TOLERATED.

Feedback Concern: (What part of the site does your feeback concern? Is it part of the mechanics? Social Rules? Something in need of updating?)

Reasonings: (Why do you think the concern mentioned above is an issue? Please, be clear about this one.)

Solutions: (If you had the power to make a change, how would you solve it? Give staff suggestions on how to solve these issues. Again, clarity is a big factor.)

Code:
[b]Feedback Concern:[/b] (What part of the site does your feeback concern? Is it part of the mechanics? Social Rules? Something in need of updating?)

[b]Reasonings:[/b] (Why do you think the concern mentioned above is an issue? Please, be clear about this one.)

[b]Solutions:[/b] (If you had the power to make a change, how would you solve it? Give staff suggestions on how to solve these issues.)

If further discussions regarding a certain topic is necessary, Staff or the ones concerned can open up a discussion thread somewhere on the site. That way, everyone who wants to weigh in, can, rather than keeping all the decisions behind closed doors. We need more transparency between the Staff and the memberbase, especially regarding topics like Feedback and regular site changes. Things that really only should concern staff (Such as Plot stuff, and how to handle people who break the rules) should still be kept off-site, unless it's something that the entire community needs to know.

With that said, I hope you all have a fantastic day, and be civil in your feedback posts. Any unjustified flame tossed anywhere will be met with punishment accordingly. This is, again, a feedback thread. Not a thread for flaming staff members.

Last edited by Jerry the Maid on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 am

So, I'm going to do this real quick as I've noticed this and I'm just shocked this has been aloud to go on.

Feedback Concern: My concern is the ability to farm awakenings and how it's happened already.

Reasonings: I'm going to use Penny for example, as she's the most prominent for this case, as she's been in almost every Cadet awakening. Because of this, she's already Rank 5 and is exceptionally stronger than most characters should be at the start of the plot. I would like to add I'm not saying this was intentional, it was just something I noticed.

Solutions: Granted, this issue might not be uber prominent, but this can be problematic later on if we ever get a huge boon in new players. I advise we implement a system that you can only join two Awakenings per day, as to avoid farming Awakenings.

Extra stuff, I'm aware scaling is something that will happen regardless of what we do, but Penny being at such a high rank causes issues for lower ranked people within her team. Enemies will be too easy for her but too hard for others. The ability for her to have gotten to Rank 5 already while most are just getting to Rank 4 just seems off to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ya Boi Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   Thu May 04, 2017 5:29 am

Feedback Concern: Missions, content and new players

Reasonings: This may not be something of concern right now, but it may be in the future. Once we get to the later stages of endymion where the main missions and such will be too rough for newer players to join, and they'll quickly fall behind. The way we've solved this in the past of making newer characters stronger at a certain point may still work, but they will still be too weak to do much if anything to partake in what's then current content. This is a problem that has a very easy solution.

Another Issue that I would like to adress is current mission access. With there being a good chunk of players on the site right now, there just isn't enough missions (where most of them are plot-related in the night-time sections of the day) to give everyone a fair chance. If the same group of people keep taking these missions before anyone else can (or has IC reasons not to take them, due to Story ties and whatnot), it will eventually cause a pretty sizable rift in Character levels, since Dungeon Dashes just aren't efficient enough to matter in the long run.

Solutions: If I had the power to make these changes myself, it would be to simply add more missions for newer players so they can catch up quicker in terms of levels and Ranks. Relying soley on Dungeon Dashes won't cut it, because of the drop in EXP, it's not fast enough for newer players. So, a solution to this would be either a set rotation of missions which will be static that only newer characters can join, so they can catch up.

The Solution to the Second, and perhaps more immediate problem is simply to make more missions that aren't related to the main storyline. Once school and such dies down, it should be pretty easy to keep more than just 2 missions going at a time. Staff right now has 5 members at their disposal. Use this to your advantage and give the playerbase more to work with. It's better to do that, than leaving a good chunk of the playerbase sitting on their thumbs feeling useless while 2 groups of 4 people do the plot-relevant missions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telos

PostSubject: Re: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Reasonings: This is probably trivial, but I think that the Priestess and/or Lovers Arcana's Boosts need to change.
IMO, each Arcana should have unique Boosts that seperate it from the others, and priestess and the lovers have the exact same boost: +15% to either Support or Healing.
Meaning that other than in description of their representation, they are exactly the same.

Solution: I think think that the Boosts for those two arcana should be changed to the following:

Priestess: 15% Boost to Support skills or a 15% boost to Buff potency.

Lovers: 15% boost to Healing skills or a 15% boost to Wind Skills.

[s]This is probably stupid... [/s]

Information:
Chars: Takeru, Elpis and Shinji

SL's: Takeru, Elpis, and Shinji

Compendiums: Takeru, Elpis, and Shinji

Telos's Soundtrack:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Lost: Rank 4 is not a huge separation from rank 3-4. If enemies are somehow unbalanced because of this then the mod is doing something wrong. There's also the very little exp you will get out of farming awakenings either way so it is a waste of time overall; really it's far better to do dungeon ashes and get potentially more exp and uses if the fights end up being too easy.

Jerry: New Missions that aren't plot related come out each Day cycle so I don't see the issue you are describing. At every certain milestone we do plan to allow new members to start at a higher level so they don't fall behind. That time has just not arrived yet.

Telos: That is an issue the next DM can change if they think it needs addressing. Wind isn't commonly associated with the lovers, same with the buff boosts being towards the Priestess. Often times they are mirrored to be support characters or healers.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official New Arcana Feedback Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1