Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] Empty
PostSubject: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] 2zgu2s3

---------------
Suprised To See Me?

:: Social Link Topic ::
---------------

(The following takes place right after this thread, so it's still night.)

"Mind if you come with me for a bit...? There's a lot more you should know..." And without further delay, the woman dispelled her soulbound, and grabbed Lui by the arm, and dragged him away from the scene and deeper into the forest... to a camping-site where she had met that mysterious metal dog. After defeating two of those fiends, she imagined Lui would be quite tired, just like she had been after her first encounter... But this couldn't wait. She hurried through the woods with him in hand, until they finally reached an un-occupied camping spot decently close to the edge of the forest... still well out of earshot, so they could talk without needing to worry about being followed. "Alright... I guess I owe you an explanation to all this, aside from your own powers... From what I've managed to gather myself, those fiends we just fought show up only during the night... I haven't seen them at all during the day, even after I gained my powers, and I've had them for a good amount of time now." She looked into Lui's eyes, having let go of his arm as she sat down on a nearby stump. "I know this is a lot to take in, but please, bear with me..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 pm

"W-wait, I-"
Before he could muster the energy to finish his statement, the masked user had dragged him by his arm further into the woods. He kept in time with her footsteps and used his open hand to check his phone, making sure Sumi didn't start calling to check up on him. Satisfied with no missed calls or messages, he looked back up to see that the woman was slowing down as they approached a silent campsite. The darkness seemed to teem with unseen dangers, which wasn't helping Lui's unbalanced train of thought. Likely making sure they were out of earshot of any outside forces. As she sat down on the stump by the tent, he sat on a bumpy log set near the fire pit.

"Alright... I guess I owe you an explanation to all this, aside from your own powers... From what I've managed to gather myself, those fiends we just fought show up only during the night... I haven't seen them at all during the day, even after I gained my powers, and I've had them for a good amount of time now."

"So, how did you get yours? I mean, call me crazy, but you seemed to be struggling with yours, minus the time you started panicking all of a sudden. Don't tell me you had to fight these monsters on your own. Can't imagine how dangerous that could've been for you..."

"I know this is a lot to take in, but please, bear with me..."

"Oh, believe me. I'm trying to! Look, who are you, even? Why are you wearing that... Wait, is that your costume or something, like my mask? Seems like it; you've got some kind of voice changer active or something. Does my voice do that too?

Also, may I ask why you dragged me out here instead of running out of here? I know this girl with a house nearby, so she could probably let us talk inside."

He kept his focus on the masked figure, inquisitively staring at the cat-shaped ears on her helmet.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] NAzuaAA
"Hm? How I got mine?"

The woman replied thoughtfully. Should she really tell him this? "Well, it was actually in town. Suzie Q, if you've ever been there. But yes, I got mine at a Karaoke bar. One of these monsters was terrorizing the place, and killed..." Batilde stopped briefly in her explanation... the visions of that woman's death still haunted her nightmares... "A woman there... she tried to protect everyone, but failed to summon her powers... and so, it was my turn. I got my gun from her, and I managed to survive the encounter thanks to another one of us showing up... And I got my powers during that encounter. If I hadn't... I would've shared the fate of that woman... this german Luger used to be hers." She sighed deeply before continuing. "But yes, that's how it went down. The cadets were all over the place shortly after, but I managed to sneak out before they arrived... thankfully. I have no idea what they'd do to us, and I'm not keen on finding out first hand for myself."

"Oh, right! I guess it's only fair you get to see who I am..." And she paused to take off the helmet. As soon as she took it off, Batilde's black hair flowed down from her head and down onto her shoulders and chest, released in it's full length. She smiled faintly at him, clutching the helmet close to her. "Bet you didn't expect that, huh? As far as the house goes, the folks there are sleeping right now, and I'd rather not wake them up. And yeah, these outfits change our voices too. I dunno why we get these though. I guess it's handy, but uh... I wish mine was less... slutty, I guess." She laughed, slightly embarrased having Lui see her like this.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Lui lightly nodded to the mention of Suzie Q. While he didn't often enjoy visiting due to the blaringly loud "never-ending" party Suzie Q was known for, he had enjoyed seeing the interesting attractions they had to offer. He had gone to the Karaoke Bar with his sister and her pals once before, but he wasn't one to sing and instead enjoyed watching everyone else go at it. Then he got kind of shanghaied into a duet with her friend. Either way, his eyes fell when hearing that her friend had lost her life. It was an all too familiar feeling for him. After all...
"...you lost someone to these things. Like me... Like my brother, all those years ago. Is that why we can summon these things?"

Mentioning the Cadets, Lui noticeably shifted uncomfortable in his place. Cadets... He had figured that they would've been involved, being the watchdogs of the Queen. Would they have killed him if they found him in the costume? Plus, if Sumi was dead-set on becoming a Cadet, what would this mean for their relationship?

"Oh, right! I guess it's only fair you get to see who I am..."
Lui could only watch as the woman pulled her helmet off her head. His eyes widened as he recognize her familiar features. The long black hair, the familiar little smile, her eyes... It couldn't be...
"B-Batilde!
He couldn't stop himself as he lunged forward and gave her an enormous hug, a sincere grin stretching across his face. The friend that he had met only earlier had come to save him, and they both managed to live through the encounter. If she'd died, Lui wouldn't have known what to do. After realizing his actions, he shot back up and faced her.

"I-I'm so glad you're safe. Thanks for what you did back there. If I had lost you... I don't know how I could've survived those things. I owe you so much. But, what were you doing back here? Did you know something was up?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:42 pm

The woman shook her head in regards to Lui's theory about death being the thing that gave them the powers. "I don't think things are that simple, Lui. I didn't even know this woman's name... I just picked up the gun and fought for my life. Maybe it's the city itself that makes this happen? I have heard of some terrible accident taking place here about 5 years ago... Not sure how it ties in with those monsters or our powers though. Maybe it's a bit of stretch. Too soon to tell, really." She replied, her voice sounding a bit troubled. She of course noticed him shifting a bit in place when the cadets were mentioned, but she didn't think much of it.

Had Lui been any taller than she was, Batilde may have been in trouble with the sudden hug-attack from him... But seeing as Bat was the taller of the two, she did manage to handle it, if only barely. Her reflexes were not fast enough to stop the hug though, and so the boy's arms wrapped around her in a friendly embrace. Her cheeks lit up in a bright red shade, as a slight frown crossed her face. Not that she really minded hugs, but in this instance, with both how she was dressed, her mental state, and this coming out of nowhere, Batilde wasn't very pleased with Lui for a moment. At least he had the decency to not squeeze her closer, or she would've prolly socked him as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Her entire being stiffened the moment she felt his arms around her back. "U-Um... Lui... What are you doing?" Batilde stuttered, a bit taken aback by the sudden closeness. "P-Please let go." And no sooner than she had asked him to, he did let go, but probably not because she asked him to. "Don't mention it. I just happened to swing by. Every night, I go out for about an hour or so, to get more aquainted with my powers. Using them in broad daylight seems kinda stupid, with people around and whatnot. Panic would insue and people would flee for their lives." Batilde replied, still a bit flushed from the hug. The frown was still on her face, displaying her disapproval of the sudden half-glomp.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm

"God, why did I do that?! She's embarrassed enough in the outfit. Why get even near her? Besides, she looks spent as well. Not much energy in either of us. Just need to get some sleep..."
"Methinks the young master finds a sort of camaraderie in his rescuer."
"Shirokishi? You're still there?"
"As I said, I would remain at your side. We can speak freely in your mind, and none would be able to hear unless I reveal myself. Also, I would advise you to apologize to the young lady."
"Yeah, yeah... And she's frowning, too. Great. I'm officially a perv to her. Just fantastic."

After the mental conversation he had, appearing to Batilde as Lui simply staring at the sky, he scratched the back of his head and folded his hands in pensive worry.

"S-sorry. I got carried away there... Please don't smite me. But yeah, that event from 5 years ago was terrible. I don't fully remember what happened, but I remember the city being sieged by these monsters, thousands of different versions of them. My family narrowly escaped getting slaughtered, but my brother... he was two years older than me. He was outside when it went down. As soon as it went down, he threw me inside and barricaded the door. He was just finishing when... this long, red arm smashed through the door and grabbed him. I wanted to save him, but I got dragged away by my sister before I could. Once the smoke cleared, we couldn't find his body, but the amount of blood on our back door told us enough. We... we lost him to those things."

Tears streaked down Lui's face as he struggled to remember the dividing day in his family. From then on, Sumi dedicated her life to joining the demon-slaying Cadets, hoping to defend others. But Lui... Lui felt little drive to join her. He felt little drive for anything else, having the source of his aspirations and drives plucked from him forever. Sniffling and raising his head again, Lui tried to calm himself for his next request.

"S-so you train here? Makes sense... It would be dangerous for your only battle experiences to be on the field. I need to find a place to do the same. Sorority Hall has too many observers, and my house doesn't have a lot of space to accommodate. Would you mind if I... used this area for training? I understand if you refuse, but give it a consideration.

So, what do we do now? Wait for the cadets or just lay low for right now?"
Back to top Go down
Jerry's Dummy Account
Praetorian
Jerry's Dummy Account

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] E470931e580e579cf2ae7cf60ecd48af04515c34_hq
"I-It's okay. Just... give me a warning next time, okay?" Batilde replied with a faint smile, feeling slightly better about it now. At least he apologized. But that smile soon melted away the moment Lui explained what had happened... evidently, it had been a massive incident, with those fiends involved... they had torn his family apart, ending the life of a dearly beloved brother... Quite a horrifying experience, she'd have to admit. One which she would probably never understand the full reality of, given how sheltered her life had been until recently. Batilde was only 12 years old back when this incident supposedly happened. And that a city like Endymion recovered so well after such a disaster was unheard of... From what Batilde had heard, the city was back up and running 2-3 years later. Quite the turnaround from being a monster infested funhouse of horrors to a multicultural metropolis. An admirable feat done by the Queen Isla.

And that's when she saw him crying... Oh dear. Had she known that this would invoke such powerful emotions, she wouldn't have mentioned the disaster... and for this, she felt really guilty. As Lui cried, Batilde pulled him closer and wrapped her arms around him in a comforting embrace, letting him cry into her shoulder should he need to. While she hadn't really felt the sting of loss herself yet, seeing him like this... it just didn't feel right. But whether or not what she did was even wise to begin with was a different matter entirely. "There, there..." She said gently, patting his back.

Once he had sort of recovered, Batilde gladly answered his inquiries. "Well, I wouldn't really call it training. Just more like... figuring out what I can and cannot do with what I have. I only recently discovered that I can drain and store elecricity from objects and release it... Kinda like a human battery, as morbid as that may sound. I think it works on those demons too, but I'm not sure... However, I do feel better after absorbing a dose of electricity. I'm sure it's due to my newfound ally that I can even do this in the first place, and I'm positive it'll come in handy someday. But who knows? Maybe it's only use is to recharge my phone in case I'm in the middle of nowhere..." Wow, this made her sound like some kind of freakshow... but whatever. It was a useful tool in her arsenal, as it had out-of-combat applications as well as working against her enemies...

"I think it's smarter to just lay low for a while. Take things as they come, and do a minor bit of investigating on our own. We're in this world together now, like it or not." Batilde replied with a light giggle.
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 pm

As Lui felt the grief of his moment disappear from his mind, he felt himself be pulled into Bat's embrace in return. She was genuinely feeling guilty for bringing it up. While she expected him to cry over her shoulder, Batilde could hear no more crying. Only a sniffle escaped him as he sat back up to break their hug. He forced himself to give a convincing smile and distract Batilde with a concern of his own.

"Yeah, the event was a shock to everyone living here. But the strange part of the whole event was the clean-up. It only took a matter of a few years to make the whole thing practically disappear thanks to the Queen. But that's why I don't entirely trust the Queen; to clean something of this level up entails some outside help. With how paranormal this situation was, the kind of help they would need would be dangerous to keep secret. That's why I think these so-called "terrorists" know more than the Queen would like. Maybe I can find my answers... with them."

When discussing the potential of their Persona and personal abilities, he reflected on the ice strikes and enhanced awareness he had in battle. When it seemed he would take a massive hit, he managed to dodge out of the way. He could even focus on Batilde and defend her while attacking. Maybe he could manipulate ice with Shirokishi following his move. This would indeed require training in a secluded spot.

"Right. It would be best to keep quiet and figure out what my guy can do. Know anybody else who might give some guidance on what to do next? Because I think I may have an idea of where to start..."

With this, Lui glanced at the time and realized that he should be heading home to avoid further suspicion. He got onto his feet and glanced at the way out of the woods.

"Sorry, but I may need to go. Sis might be suspicious if I'm out 'looking for my phone' this late. You still have my number, so let me know if there's anything else to know. Until then, stay safe. And well...

Thanks for being there for me. It's not something I get to see that often."
Back to top Go down
Jerry's Dummy Account
Praetorian
Jerry's Dummy Account

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 6:44 am

"Yeah, it seems very shady to me, especially now with these fiends roaming about. I'm sure the cadets are aware of their existence though. It makes you wonder... who's the real big, bad here? The Terrorists? The Cadets and the Queen? Or is there something else at play here we've yet to understand? Either way, if you wanna dig deeper into this conspiracy, the Terrorists seem to be those with the answers you're looking for. Just... be careful, alright?" Batilde replied with a worried look on her face. She wasn't super keen on just letting Lui run in head first into this mess, but... she couldn't exactly stop him from doing so. It was his life, after all, and it was his choice to make, not hers.

"Sadly, I'm just as lost as you are in this. I guess either talking with the Cadets or the Terrorists would be your best bet, unless you wanna do some digging on your own. I can't say I have much of any leads myself, but that's only because I've spent most of my time figuring out the limits of my own abilities, and how to improve them. My protector, Astrape... she's as stubborn as a mule sometimes." She heard her persona scoff loudly in her head. // We'll manage though. All we need is time... And luckily we do agree on some things. // She told Astrape. She didn't speak often, but when she did, her imput, while blunt and sometimes even malicious, was always valuable. They worked together for a common cause after all... because they both wanted to live. "Hm? You sure? Alright. Stay safe, okay?" When he thanked her again, a light blush crossed her face as she smiled humbly back. "Oh, don't even mention it, Lui. I'm sure you would've done the same for me."
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 2:10 pm

"If it's not with the Queen, then this force may be playing both sides. Maybe all this thing wants is war on both sides. Whoever wins just gets the rug pulled from under them. But yeah, since I already got this power outside the government's watch, terrorists are the only ones with the resources to figure out more. Need to watch my step, though. I don't want too much attention..."

As she referred to the stubborn mule that was her electric accomplice in battle, Lui glanced behind himself as he considered his own Persona's behavior.
"I can see that. Shiro here is pretty chill, pardon my puns. But the whole "traitor" part has me a bit concerned for what he did."
"...Says the child who planned on tossing the Queen off her high horse for so long. There's a perfect reason for what I did."
"Touché."

"Oh, don't even mention it, Lui. I'm sure you would've done the same for me."
"Certainly would've. If I was as strong as you, I'd have made some dramatic entrance, but that's just me... Good night, then. When next we meet."

As Lui trotted away from the site, waving goodbye as he marched out of the brush and into the open plains. He suddenly felt his phone buzz quite loudly, and suddenly his walk turned into a sprint as he answered to hear his sister shouting in both worry and anger over where he was. He gave a sigh as he explained some made-up story of getting shanghaied into some goofy activity with his unnamed pal, still within earshot of Batilde.

"Well, tonight's been a thrill. Nearly died, got saved by a French lady in a biker outfit, and now I've got some crazy demon-slaying powers. And now, the worst part of the night... is surviving Sumi's interrogation."

--Lui has left the scene--
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 6:36 pm

"Seems logical enough. I mean, they can just instigate a conflict, hide in the shadows and watch as the two sides tire eachother out, and when their guard is down, this unknown force will strike... I guess the closest thing we have to this force right now is these monsters but... they seem quite disorganized... Random attacks everywhere, and it only aids us in the end, right? I mean, now you can fight back." These fiends were certainly an odd and mysterious piece of this puzzle that was the conflict of Endymion. Out of the three "groups" they were the most secretive and strange out of all of 'em. No obvious goals except causing mischief and havoc wherever they went, while the Terrorists and the government had clear agendas. Maybe in time, they'd learn more about these monsters...

"It's not really that bad though. I've managed so far, right?" Batilde said, smiling lightly in Lui's direction. "And pfft. Don't give me that "As strong as you." crap. We both pulled our weight there together as a team, and if you don't mind, could it stay that way? If you have the time tomorrow, I'd like to go out on a little monster hunt to sharpen our skills. I'll call you tomorrow about it, okay? Now stay safe, and sleep well." And with that, Batilde watched her newfound friend and ally leave her alone in the forest. "And here I thought you only had your eyes on that snorty brat." Astrape said after Lui had left the scene. "Shut up." Batilde replied, gritting her teeth in annoyance. "...I wanna see her again..." She whispered, looking down on her own hand, which had curled itself into a fist. "I know you want to, Bat... I know..." For the first time, Batilde heard a hint of genuine understanding in Astrape's voice, which was suprising. "Thank you... Now, let's go home. It's getting late and really cold." And with those final words, Batilde put on her helmet again, and left the woods behind her as she ran home...

EXIT - THREAD ENDED
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Batilde Gagnon of the Emperor and Saito Lui of the Magician have reached a Social Link of Rank 2...
Back to top Go down
Captain Caliber

Captain Caliber

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Lui's arcana is Magus, actually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]   Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber] Empty

Back to top Go down

Suprised to See Me? :: Night [Captain Caliber]
Page 1 of 1