Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]

Go down 
+4
Godai
Penny
Lost
Philemon
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Shiina steeled her mind, her blue eyes narrowed slightly but her willpower didn't waver. She knew she had failed, and the deaths caused from it were upon her shoulders; she couldn't forget that, she knew she'd never forget that, because what kind of person would? Before sitting up, the Wild Card took a deep breath. Shiina then stood up as calmly as she could. It took a lot for her mind not to break upon seeing the projected images, and if one were right next to her, they'd be able to hear her heart racing, maybe from nervousness, maybe from fear...

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 DCEwcfu

...but even fear itself was just another emotion for her to tame.

//"As you wish, sir. Though it pains me to recall my failures, I'll willingly reveal them to my comrades."// The Tsurinai crossed her arms not as a symbol of superiority, but in a way that made it seem as if she was shielding herself psychologically. //"The mission was carried on throughout two nights, one of which both Maria and Haru were a part of before having to leave for their respective duties. Maria, as we know, went to aid you, Your Highness, while Haru chased after... Queen Bee."// She wasn't sure what was worse in the report given before this one, the fact that Claire had been fully reverted into a Terrorist, or the possibility of there being a mole within their ranks... maybe even a mole inside this very room. //"Our ordeal the first night was simple, but we had some difficulties to start off. Near what I recall was Alice's 'house', there was a strange green gas that, when we entered it, made us fall unconscious and hallucinate vividly until healed by one of my Personas. If not for the call of one of our comrades, I fear that we might have fell them unknowingly. Following this, we fought a strange oversized cat demon that didn't seem like an actual person, more a construct of Alice's mind instead; nevertheless, this cat, let's call it, unlocked a seal on a drink which made us completely immune to the gas I previously mentioned, and we continued through the dungeon then. It was at around this point that Lisa joined us."// Shiina took a short pause to breathe and let the information sink in before continuing. She didn't want to just give an essay off the bat, though she didn't doubt the Prince would be able to understand her words.

//"Upon continuing in our travels, we discovered a strange white rabbit in our path that revealed he had the key to Alice's home. It's relevant to say that we learned at this point that the Terrorist's Domain actively turned against her, sealing her inside her own house to suppress her powers. It agreed to give us the key under the condition that we killed Alice, but... I... apologize, but I was unable to bring myself to consider the possibility, both as my mission was to capture her, and because I personally believe she could have been rehabilitated. Dissatisfied by my answer, the Rabbit attacked us while throwing the key to one of its allies, which Lisa chased. I'm not fully aware of what happened to her to have her retreat, truthfully, but I'm sure she fought valiantly. If I had to guess, it must have been an ambush by an enemy. Nevertheless, once we noticed that she had retreated, I called the order for the rest of the team to retreat from the domain as well, which we successfully did. All in all, I consider this night a complete failure as we managed to accomplish nothing in the end."// Her expression remained mostly blank as she spoke, until that final sentence. Shiina's eyes eased up and her mood seemingly lowered considerably, a visible sadness on her face. She wasn't a master at hiding her emotions, so subtle hints of distress and regret appeared before, but none so obvious as her current face displayed.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 4xmqV53

She wasn't seeking pity --at least not willingly--, her expression was wholly genuine without a hint of deceit behind it. It seemed as if she was dreading remembering the past night, the second night of this mission, even more the more the topic approached. She had to talk about it, there was no other choice for her. If she couldn't, then she wouldn't be able to move past it. But what guaranteed her that recalling it would allow her just that? It was a conundrum, one that she didn't know how to answer or handle... but they commanded her to speak.

//"The second night was... at first, seemingly far better. A new team of Cadets joined me for this mission, new recruits that nonetheless performed spectacularly at my side as loyal teammates and comrades. We first explored the rest of the Domain that the previous party I led hadn't the forces to go through, and ended up not only clearing it of the remaining demons, but also managed to grab useful treasure along the way. The night was going splendidly until that point, with only the minor hiccup while fighting demons yet nothing serious enough to note... though, of course, our mood changed when we went to visit the White Rabbit once again."// Shiina's eyes moved to Lisa with a regretful gaze. She couldn't blame her for taking the actions she did, yet nonetheless did so because logic dictated it. How it felt to be held back, looked down upon... Shiina knew it, and she suspected it wouldn't be long until she had the displeasure of feeling it once more. //"The rabbit told us that a 'sailor scout' stole the key from him while we were busy with the demons. After a brief interrogation, I quickly deduced he spoke of Lisa, who I knew should have been at the hospital tending to her wounds. I... I admit that I panicked upon hearing this. Thoughts of losing a comrade because they chose to fight alone plagued my mind, and in a desperate attempt at stopping this from happening I led my team right to Alice's house in a rush, without properly thinking about a plan. When we confronted Alice herself, we were harshly taught that the hold a terrorist has on their Domain varies depending on the location itself, and that the deeper inside you are, the further control over it they have, and also the greater the power they have inside it. Due to a lack of thought, I failed to consider this, and so our team once again had to retreat, and Alice escaped."//

She paused for a few seconds to let the rest of her report sink in. At this point, Shiina's brow had furrowed until her eyes were nearly closed, and she took a soft breath to calm herself further. Just a little more to go, all that was needed now was a report on Alice's abilities. They were likely to find her again in the future, and knowing what she could do now was only beneficial.

//"As for Alice herself... She had great control over a variety of skills, though the most prominent was based off darkness. Inside her Domain, Analysis-based Persona abilities were somewhat useless, as instead of telling us her weak points, they instead revealed the opposite; that is, what she resisted. Her Persona was also able to attack using chains that shot out of its mouth, and could even entangle our allies with it to prevent them from doing... anything really. Though... the most terrifying part was the way she could bend our minds to her will."// The Wild Card grit her teeth at this last one. //"I have seen that kind of skill before, it is able to turn a person into a puppet that will likewise heal their wounds or attack their own allies. I... I was afflicted by it. It was terrifying. Losing control of myself so easily... It's hard to imagine trying to fight Alice again without some way of dispelling it."// She grimaced and shook her head. That was all she had to say for herself. Hopefully His Highness allowed her to finish before posing a question, though she wouldn't blame him if he wished to stop her at any point. She would be talking for a very long time otherwise.

//"That is all I have to say. If anything needs clarification, please say so, Your Highness."// Shiina bowed, her expression back to a blank emotionless slate. She didn't sit down, however, unless Julius asked her to, as it was possible she may have to answer questions from him or anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 pm

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Zx18vr

Julius listened to the report in its entirety. From the first night into the second. He could not blame the squad themselves for their failure. After all, it would be their arrogance to believe they were any such match for a Terrorist within their own domain. It was the reason why he had asked Claire to accompany them. But hearing of her most recent.. change.. the group shouldn't have been allowed to continue in the dungeon themselves. Who's call was that? Serenity? Surely not her considering she was with the team that pushed through the Domain he was in. Could it have been the royal guard that had given them the orders to return to that "Wonderland"? The question begged for an answer, and the Prince looked upon this young woman to give the answer. However, there were other things to comment on before bringing up such a question.

"Cadet, never bring your personal beliefs into factor when conducting your work. Under normal circumstances, capture is the priority. However, take note you lacked a superior officer or the man power to handle a known Terrorist in her own domain. Though, it does interest me at the possibility that Terrorists may not have complete control over their own domains..." The Prince thought to himself for a few seconds before speaking more on the subject. "To continue on, it appears Lisa's failure to obtain the key the first night caused a failure for the entire mission. On who's order was it to continue back within the domain the next night? To my knowledge one of your forces were down, and a group of new cadets were brought to accompany you within the dungeon without a superior officer. You all are lucky the Terrorist did not pursue and look to add you to her domain like the other poor victims who were found dead. Not only were your comrades endangered, but lives were loss." Julius then turned his attention to Lisa who sat up in her seat. "..And you are to blame aswell for these lives. It was a splendid job you took the key, but a fool's errand to free the Terrorist without any sort of backup. There is no spotlight for those who work alone, only an early grave. Not only did your move free Alice, but it caused an untrained, and easily influenced leader to cause their entire team to almost lose their lives aswell."

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 V3j3vr

"I take full responsibility for Alice being released and for the mission being a failure. I'll remember every single name of the fallen... and carve them into her corpse." The last few words could not be heard as she bowed her head over the desk before her. She wasn't mad at Alice, or the team, or anyone else except herself. Once again she had proved how inadequate she was when compared to her sister and her brother. However, something happened that she did not expect.

"Julius, it was actually me that gave Lisa the order to take the key and apprehend Alice. She was only following her foolish sister's orders, so show some leeway, if you would. I'll take any punishment that is meant for her." Serenity had suddenly spoken after her long silence during the meeting. Lisa looked towards her older sister with a taken back expression before attempting to deny her claims, where Serenity would raise a single hand to stop her. "The Operation was a failure, and each member has understood their failure. Perhaps this will be a wake up call for them. If a certain Prince hadn't attempted to take care of another issue by himself, perhaps a more suitable team would have been able to tackle the Wonderland situation. No one is exempt from fault."

The Prince looked towards his sister with narrowed eyes before giving a thin smile and nodding his head. "Of course. But now there are two dangerous criminals somewhere in Endymion, and who knows how many more lives will be loss. We'll need to double our efforts... Is there anything else we should know about this operation? Any may take the floor, as long as you have something relevant to say. Ms. Tsurinai, anything else from you?"
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 1:51 am

If there was one thing that Maria was surprised of, it was the attendance of the elder Princess. She wasn't sure if Serenity was attending, but it seemed as if her involvement from last night's events necessitated her presence. Accordingly, she bowed her head towards the elder siblings of royalty. The postulant gladly took this opportunity to rip off the velcro around her wrists, allowing the weights to lay on the desk before the meeting finally and officially began to take its course as she enjoyed the temporary freedom.

It seemed off that Julius would refer Claire as the Queen Bee, she knew Haru was going to go after Claire after their talk the last morning. Why did it sound like she was a Psyche-Terrorist now? What exactly was going on? These revelations were a cause of concern for the Cadet, but she opted to keep her silence and to observe the reports coming in. But most importantly, did he censor her real name so somebody wouldn't be aware? She was unsure, but glancing towards the smirking smug teen in the room, Maria was beginning to have a realization. Yet that wasn't the only peculiar thing as Haru began to have a greater relevance than she thought in the elimination retrieval mission. Maria was reluctant to think he would truly aid a Psyche-Terrorist, perhaps he had a reason…

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Gs8NbcD

The most shocking thing she had the misfortune of knowing was the failure from the initial Alice mission. She wasn’t surprised if some had died. Yet the scale was tremendous enough to warrant a reaction. The sight and images of bodies were rife in the presentation. She was used to looking at cadavers, whole or otherwise, the Church Militancy had bred that disconnect in her as part of her training in the last five years. It was necessary, in order to function efficiently regardless of the situation, especially when dealing all things supernatural. There was that and how she experienced the moment of watching demons eating her family. But, this? It infuriated her, just as much as it depressed her. No matter how strong she got, there were always going to be casualties… and it hurt.

If there’s one thing that verified that Maria knew about, the supernatural was a danger to humans. Sure, there were some that possessed potential to fight back against demons. But it’s some of those people that abused their talents that necessitated the existence of the Cadets. If anything, this revelation began to harden her stance against the Psyche-Terrorists, especially with all these people dying last night. They could’ve been saved… but it’s the Cadet’s weakness that failed these innocents. She remembered what Mother Sylvania had once told her when they first met in that hospital ward where the young postulant once laid dying.

”All of the losses incurred on this world came as a result of inadequacies…
Will you seek for strength? Or will you let oblivion drown your rage?”

Maria finally stood, bringing attention to herself as the chair she was sitting on was scooted back. She pulled off her spectacles, almost as if causing her previous gentle demeanor to disappear with it. There was a reservedness and calm that was on her face, but most importantly there was the mechanical lack of emotion so characteristic of her whenever work was concerned. Although she was unable to kill her emotions completely, it didn’t mean Maria couldn’t maintain some level of professionalism.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 ADuvhe1

”Although I have not been present in the later excursion into Alice’s domain as Cadet Shiina reported, there is some insight I wish to share. It may better explain why she was locked in her own domain. In our initial afternoon investigation, Cadet Shiina was able to deduce that Alice was not alone based on the evidence, additional footprints with a man's foot size. Perhaps someone was recently helping her. If that was the case, there may be a possibility of the accomplice is linked to what had happened to Alice. For what reason and how, I am not aware.”

Maria had remembered from that afternoon of the possibilities of someone working with Alice. And of course, she remembered when Sera was there seemingly normal at the time. But it wasn't just that. The Cadet remembered the Cheshire Persona appearing towards them, ridiculing them as fools just as a certain "man" once said. She turned her head towards the Wild Card, who was definitely there at that time, ”Cadet Shiina, can you try to remember what else there might be you discovered during your excursion while Cadet Haru and I were absent?”
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 am

Shiina's grip on both her crossed arms tightened as words of reassurance were given to her by her superior. It wasn't all her fault? How come he could say that so easily? Because of her weakness, everyone in that Domain died. They could have been saved, they could have been rescued, if she only had thought before moving forward..!

//"I'm... not aware who gave the order to continue after the first night, but the original client for the mission was Sera."// Shiina was speaking mostly quietly until Julius began addressing Lisa. During this, her teeth clenched instinctively, and it took all her restraint not to speak up. She wanted to defend Lisa's actions, bring the blame to herself; it was the only way she could find any kind of solace... after all, she would have done the same in her situation. //"But, Your Highness..."// Instead, though, she spoke softly, timidly, her anger subsiding in favor of a polite but still thoughtful tone. //"I don't believe Lisa is to blame for my actions. Yes, she may have rushed in; yes, she may have tried fighting Alice alone, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I didn't properly perform my duty as a Cadet. I'm sorry, Sir... but I simply can't accept my blame being passed to her."//

She heard Serenity's words next, and they helped... somewhat. They didn't sit well with the Wild Card, however; it made her think what the reasoning was behind asking such an unreasonable thing of Lisa. Would Naito ask such a thing of her in a similar situation..?

Though, before she could voice this, Maria posed another question for her, prompted just beforehand by Julius as well. Shiina scratched her arm in thought and hummed pensively. Her mind was still addled from the lack of sleep, so it's possible she may have forgotten things in her original report. Of course, though, the second night was fresh in her mind but the first night... ah, yes, she supposed there was one thing.

//"Yes, I believe I forgot a few things... my apologies, I didn't quite get much sleep tonight. For... obvious reasons."// The Wild Card turned away with a sigh. //"Thank you for reminding me, Maria. During the first night, the White Rabbit I previously mentioned spoke of how a person bearing a skull mask helped it steal the key to Alice's house and lock her in. Given the fact that she might have had an accomplice, it would be reasonable to assume she was betrayed. However, there isn't enough evidence to support this, as it's only conjecture, so I believe it's something to record for future reference for now."// The first night didn't have nearly as heavy a toll on her mind as the second one; this was both good and bad, as it likewise failed to imprint itself as clearly in her mind but also didn't cause her nearly as much grief. //"I think that's all I missed from the first night..."// That was all she had to say about the mission... however, there was one thing she couldn't leave alone.

//"Your Highness..."//

She turned towards Serenity, a mixture of confusion and sadness on her face.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 RSCCRCL

//"Forgive me if I'm speaking out of line, and feel free to dismiss the question if I am... but why would you ask Lisa to retrieve the key for us, knowing her current state? As I was told, she was meant to be recovering from serious wounds at the infirmary, and any overexertion could potentially harm her or... worse. Knowing this, why would you ask her to put herself in such danger? Her being your family, wouldn't you rather she remain safe..?"//
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 pm

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Zx18vr

The Investigation...! He had not received any word of its contents until now. Seeing how Sera was the one leading the investigation it only made sense he wouldn't have been informed of the findings. There was a notion that went even deeper than this investigation... When did Sera first fall to the mania that plagued his skull? He knew too much information considering what he said, he was not even present for. He had even known information about his Mother and her experiences with the accursed woman that caused the Eternal Divide to being with. Whatever that strange Persona was that was possessing the boy... it needed to be captured or destroyed. That such knowledge could not be in the hands of Terrorists. It would cause the city to topple if the truth of that night were ever revealed to the common populace. Let alone the very Terrorist the Queen and her Guard fought against.

More information piled up. Apparently someone in a skull mask was used to trapped Alice in her own domain? Another Terrorist betrayed Alice? The only one Julius had personally encountered with such a Mask would be Skelter, but it was an active fact that He and Alice were partners in crime. Was there another player in the midst of this game they called life? Another piece to this card game that bared the symbol of the Wild Card? Julius was intrigued to say the absolute least. The only word he would give in response would be a simple... "Understood... If there is nothing left to add, the Dragon's Maw team may give their debriefing."

Julius pushed to move the meeting onward, however, Serenity look towards the young woman who asked her a question. The Princess who was always so sweet.. and kind.. gave a sort of glance towards the young woman's direction. Lisa watched with round eyes before looking to Shiina and shaking her head.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 30jqrmc

"You are overstepping boundaries here. That is none of your concern."

SQs:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 12:19 am

Maria glanced at Julius' expression, trying to divine out what she could know from his reaction from the revelations. So there was another Psyche-Terrorist, if these reports were to be believed. It reminded her how like the demons these people were, especially the bureaucracy within the Militancy. It was chaotic and because a lot of these things were kept out of sight, it was going to be hard to take them out. And that was the difficult thing about these Psyche-Terrorists, they didn't have a clear chain of command as far as the Cadet was concerned.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 NUhKduo

She had to admit at being surprised about Serenity taking the blame for Lisa. Maria was there in the second night when the Princess said her younger sister was resting. Perhaps it was her way of covering for her sibling. In many ways, the Cadet could sympathize with that. She remembered taking the blame for her younger siblings' little mistakes and didn't mind the punishment. It was part of being a big sister, after all. So she respected that decision, with silence on the topic.

She nodded at her superiors, it was finally her turn. Her lips parted to begin the report. "In the first night, the Royal Guard called for me to get into contact with you at the Dragon's Maw since communications were jammed even for her. She told me that she was in the process of tracking down the 'King of Rodents' and required your attention. At her behest, I separated myself from my colleagues and complied with the order. I later met with your sister at the entrance of the Maw. Something had... taken over the Maw. I am not sure, but its inhabitants were aggressive as a result, infected by whatever was spread across the facility. To make matters worse, it was also infested with demons."

Maria remembered the icy tone of the Nameless Guard's voice. There was power and a biting authority with each word. Rarely would anyone dare to disobey her, unless they wished to meet a painful and untimely end. She didn't forget where she was and continued, "With her Highness' assistance, we began to make our advance. But not without the help of a piece of a puzzle that the Princess discovered. I am not sure who left it behind or why, but whoever did, it is a fortune to be grateful for as it helped us reach you in the end."

The Cadet drew out the puzzle parchment onto the desk and presented its contents to Julius, showing both sides of it. But she wasn't sure who would even bother to help them. It was because of this, Maria believed that they were lucky. If it weren't for it, the operation to reach Julius would've been far difficult than it would have been.

"We later called in Cadet Vivian Oate's assistance at the entrance again, acknowledging that the excursion to reach you would require some back-up. But even then, it was not an easy task as Oates and I almost faced defeat a couple of times, yet we were able to push through. I attribute our ability to analyze the situation and to react accordingly while relying on our respective roles to play a significant part in our successes, even going beyond what was expected as needed. Especially with our concerns for each other and sharing necessary supplies, I believe it made our excursion a possibility for the first night," Maria continued, "We later met a man, Viktor. I believe you know him well, Sir. He seems to have succumbed to the same condition as the others and her Highness knocked him out before it could worsen. We were unable to question him given his manic state. If I may inquire, what is his current condition?"

She was curious about Viktor, especially about why he was there. In fact, why was Julius there with Alex? That was something she didn't have the time to ask, but perhaps this was as good as a time as any... after she finishes the report. "We continued afterwards to eventually meet... her, the District Head. She apologized for the situation and continued on her way to find the source of the issue, which I believe we are aware is Sera."

There was a slight crack in her empty gaze. A kind of doubt and even animosity at the memory. She was unsure who exactly the District Head was. But her eyes... she'd recognize them anywhere as both a Cadet and even a member of the Church. Rather, it just reminded her of them. Was she... a demon? "Later, we met your Persona, Tsukuyomi. You unceremoniously sent us back to the entrance and sealed it off. Hoping to seal off the infection and handling it alone, I imagine. And it left your Sister distressed, as we were unable to breach your barrier. So we decided to come back the next night, with better preparations this time."

It was better to emphasize to his Highness how much he worried others, especially with family. No matter how strong you were, there was always the threat of mortality. Having back-up was vital for not only success, but for survival. It was another lesson from the Church, but it was a lesson that she grew to truly learn since her awakening. But sometimes, people didn't have that kind of luxury and sacrifices had to be made. "I returned with a different team without Cadet Oates, who took part of the  elimination mission with the Queen Bee. I came with Cadets Nebula Erlang, Cecilia Hunt, and Athena Griva and continued where we left off after her Highness broke the barrier. Unlike last night, we had better success with similar factors in teamwork and situational analysis. Eventually we linked up with Cadet Alex, who was able to give us a sit rep on the Maw. We were able to learn Sera's involvement in the whole matter and that you were separated from Alex."

It was certainly a long report, but if that's what Julius wanted, it's what Maria was going to give. But she was nearing the end, regardless. Perhaps he wanted the other teams to learn from each other, and given the reports presented with the inexperienced nature of their beginnings, the bluenette could understand the reasons. "We were rejuvenated back to our full capacity thanks to our Senior Cadet before parting ways. But her Highness decided to scout behind us out of suspicion of a trap. Despite the further separation of our manpower, the rest of us finally reached you only to find you in the middle of combat with Sera while being hindered with a hostage. Our objectives have changed to securing the hostage upon your orders. I have tried to get the rest of my teammates to stay back to cover me as I went to retrieve her, to lower the risks and to better maintain the manpower we had. I had my suspicions that it wouldn't be easy... and I was right. A demon had possessed her and was sucking the life out of her. But that did not stop us from completing our task. With my team's combined power and as your Highness kept Sera busy, we were able to finally secure the hostage. This left an opening for the Princess to finish off Sera to knock him out and finally bring the District back to normal. That said, how is the hostage?"

She didn't bother to present the information about the strange Persona as it sounded as if Julius didn't want that information to be spread. After all, he did tell them to forget that night. There was definitely something going on that the Royal family were hiding. This was information the Church wanted... but Maria was going to respect that. She trusted them, as the City's protectors and its saviors.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 ZKGkP1t

"Given the events of our mission, on an overall, our ability to acknowledge our weaknesses, to analyze the nature of our situation, and to rely on our teamwork provided the necessary means to dispatch far difficult enemies faced in these two nights. We all played a necessary part in these nights. Without them, I don't believe the operation would have been successful. I am grateful for their support provided. That is all I have to report on, Sir."

She bowed towards the royal siblings and a nodded at Alex. And, of course, she cracked a smile towards Cecilia and Vivian. This was it. But of course, she had one curiosity that needed to be addressed. "Please forgive my impertinence. But what were you doing in the Dragon's Maw, your Majesty? I can't imagine you being prepared for the attack, or otherwise you may have been more prepared. Especially when the District Head was caught unawares as well."
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 pm

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Tumblr_static_tumblr_mnxjposinm1r22m6bo1_500

This.. was alot of information to process. Julius leaned forward upon his stand and folded his hands together. Even though he was there in the domain the entire nights, it did not mean he knew the entire situation from where he was battling the Terrorist responsible. The Prince closed his eyes in thought as Maria continue on through her debriefing. The subject of Viktor was brought to his attention and the young man nodded. He had worked with Viktor on many cases in the past and had watch the young man make a name for himself within the confines of the Government. Originally that young man wished to be a Cadet, however; the blood of the Queen was too rich for his taste. His potential was not recognized, and thus he took another route in securing a pinnacle role within the current system. If he could not physically enforce the law as a Cadet, then he would be sure to contain and constrain those who looked to step upon the laws. Julius was not aware of his current condition, however; Serenity would chime into he conversation herself.

"Viktor is fine. He is resting, but the color to his face has returned. He remembers the entire ordeal, but he is in no state to talk right now." She would quickly respond as the debriefing continued onward. When it came to the mention of Sera's name, Julius would open his eyes and cut Maria off just for that second. "We will call him our unknown assailant. Sera was clearly not himself, whether it be an illusion cast from a Psyche Terrorist, or some other.. methods. Continue." He'd give Maria the floor once more and continue to listen to the rest of her report. And once again he closed his eyes and focused more on the words. There was no reaction from him when the subject of the District Leader came up, nor of his Persona forcing the group out of the domain for that night. They had guessed right in his reasoning. Regardless, he did not interrupt for the rest of the debriefing and awaited for Maria to finish. The final question, however; had nothing to do with her debriefing and thus the Prince brushed it under the rug with a simple chuckle.

"Either way, you all did well. Not only did you show teamwork, but also the ability to analyze a situation and bring about the best result. I am happy to know there was atleast one mission that was a success this night." The Prince pressed his glasses up upon the bridge of his nose. "The Hostage is recovering in the hospital. She is doing fine. More importantly, it seems these terrorists have found further ways to twist the public to their own agenda: Using demon possession. This isn't unheard of. There have been countless cases of Demons possessing individuals through literature. However, the demon that possessed that young woman last night seemed to have a goal and was working with the Unknown Assailant. I seemed to be the target, not the domain itself. Whoever was behind this attack knowingly attempted to take my life, albeit poorly. They way the domain was warped in their image, I believe this is a faction of Terrorists we haven't encountered before. Though, we cannot be too sure. I'll look into this and cross reference any previous Terrorists we have come across that may have a potential involvement in this plot."

Julius would cross his arms upon his chest while raising his fingers to his chin. "Though, these missions allowed me to get a rather good gauge of your skill set. You all are no longer recruits, but instead will be given your ranks after last night's operation. There are four ranks when it comes to being a Cadet: The lowest being Class Three and the Highest Class Zero. You all have been judged on your performance from the previous two nights, and the outcome of the missions that were at stake. Before I give you your ranks, does anyone have anything to add thus far?" His eyes scanned across the classroom, awaiting if anyone had anything to add before he began to wrap up their meeting.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 4:07 am

"The Sunlake Palms Church has records of demonic possessions in the world from now to even before the Divide, they will be forwarded to you when you call for them, Sir. Hopefully they'll be of use to you if you wish to look for any clues in that area," It was gladdening to hear the afflicted from last night's events were in a stable condition. It was getting a little worrying about how the family kept trying to keep things under wraps, but they must have a good reason to. Her decision to trust them in this regards would not change. As for the demonic possession, there was a grimace spreading across her face, "According to what I know at the moment, I believe we were fortunate enough that the demon was not 'fused' with the victim in a way that further limited our options last night, such as not having its body exposed the way it did. If it had been otherwise, I don't believe we would have been as successful."

Maria wasn't exactly what you would call a scholarly intellectual despite the appearance with her glasses. But even she wasn't above from reading documents covering cases regarding demonic possession. If demons truly existed in her world, then possession wasn't out of the possibility. And that was something truly terrifying to behold. The Church Militancy covered a wide range of things ever since their creation, exorcisms and subjects-related included. To handle a demon of caliber such as last night's might have required a full team of exorcists backed up by a division of Knights and overseeing Executors. Yet they were lucky enough to make do with their team, thankfully. The demon was exposed enough to be harmed by the Cadet recruits and that was arguably the greatest boon to ask for despite the difficulty of the battle.

But the analysis the Prince provided to the entire Cadets was rather troubling. True, Julius had put away and subjugated a considerable number of Psyche-Terrorists as the Cadet's top commanding officer. Yet, an attack of the massive scale that hi-jacked an entire domain from the District Head? There was something going on, especially when someone was manipulating Sera and it was far beyond the power of a single Psyche-Terrorist like Alice according to Serenity in the first night. At the same time, if the take over of the domain was possible with just Sera alone and it seemed as if there's an organized faction, why did it seem poorly managed as Julius said?

In fact, that was the most opportune moment to take advantage of with all the Cadets divided into other missions. She remembered what the Cheshire Persona once said to her again:

"This class of Cadets are just as stupid as he said."

Alice was fully aware of the recruits. How? Who would have known about them and told her? Claire was out for sure, given her circumstances. Sera, she wasn't even sure if he was that supposed skull-masked perpetrator that helped trap Alice. But it likely wasn't him. If he was possessed by a kind of madness and was a source of it in the Dragon's Maw, then perhaps... he never had the potential to awaken to a Persona. Or otherwise, the Queen's blood would have protected him. In fact, he would've been wearing a kind of Mask, yet there was none at the time. Julius and Alex were out for obvious reasons.

So, who-- Oh. There was still him out of the original trio that worked with Julius. As much as Maria wanted to ask about that man, she was increasingly sure that he was also a topic the Lamecias were interested in not approaching. This was increasingly worrying... but what choice did she have? Maria replied, "None, sir."

"But would I be correct to infer that the higher rank has jurisdiction over those under them?
What exactly is the full extent of the duties for each Class?"
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 am

"Thank you, Cadet. However, you'll see that our library here holds all sorts of information. I recommend you taking a looking within and see if it compares to the records your Church holds. Regardless, I'll be happy to take any information you're willing to give. It can be added to the records we have here, if it's not already a part of them." Julius leaned upon the podium and folded his hands together. "I do believe we were quite lucky the demon was more so a leech and not fused with the hostage. However, there's no telling if the demon would not have fused with the subject if given more time: To fester upon their ego and slowly eat away at it until it was all that remained. If that were to happen, then there's no guarantee the possessed can be saved, and the best course of action may be to end their life and thus end their suffering by the hands of the demon. Let's hope such a thing never occurs." The Prince spoke calmly as he looked upon the class of cadets before closing his eyes.

All was quiet, however, Maria spoke once again and the prince opened one eye. His gaze was upon her solely and took her question into consideration. There was no harm in answering this. "Yes, if you are a member of a Class above another, then it goes without question you'd have more authority. For Example: Alex here is a Class 1 Cadet. Currently he has more authority than any of you, and he is your superior officer. Thus on any operation, he would take the lead and give orders to the others. It is a chain of command we follow, and through successful missions and shown improvement, anyone can be promoted. Or, in some cases, demoted if they are not living up to their status as a cadet." The moment he said this, Alex's ears perked up with a smug smile.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Tumblr_nvm153glz21qkjqefo1_500

"It seems there is nothing else to be said. I will be posting your ranks outside of the classroom. This meeting is now officially over. Today you will have the day off, all of you. This means you are not allowed to participate in any strenuous activity. Instead, I implore you all to spend some social time with one another. There needs to be some team building, and that's not always done well in combat situations. So today, reach out to your fellow cadets and get to know them. I recommend visiting Maid in Heaven as their service is remarkable." The Prince pushed his glasses up on the brim of his nose as he gave a smirk. "Tomorrow we will be having training exercises throughout the day. Make sure you're well rested, it will be our first true training session. All, save for the young man who wished to speak to me privately, are dismissed."

The moment they were dismissed, Alex kicked back from his seat and shot to his feet. "Wait, one last question, Julius. Where's Claire and Chris? Those two still aren't back?" His hands pressed against the desk as he asked his superior and the Prince looked towards him with an indifferent expression. "Alex, it would appear Claire and Chris are missing in action. Our forces are on the lookout for both of our missing cadets... Without them, there will be a hole in our chain of command. I'll need you to be even more of a leader for our new recruits than before. After analyzing the data from the previous nights, we have chosen two Cadets who will take Class 2 positions as Cadets. We will need you to work with them so they can become Class 1 potential as soon as possible, just incase Chris and Claire aren't back with us soon."

Julius had not told Alex the truth about their fate as of yet. Keeping secrets was just one thing that Lamecia had to do in his position. Alex looked at him with a frustrated expression before nodding his head and leaving the classroom. Serenity remained, as she wished to speak with Julius more on a matter privately. In terms of Lisa, her eyes were fixated on her desk. There was an anger in her, but a sort of sadness aswell. She had to be covered by her sister, and it didn't make her feel any sense of gratitude. More so, she felt like a liability. She already knew she'd be the lowest ranking Cadet out of the group, but she wished to be stronger. She'd formally challenge her two upperclassmen the moment she got the chance so she could test her own abilities against those of the Class 2 rank. But for now, she grasped her blade and left without another word to anyone. She wanted to be alone.

Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

With her work done, and the permission to leave, Shiina got up with a sigh. There were many things on her mind, and it was possible that throughout the day details she skipped over in her less than stellar mental state would surface once more. If such happened, Julius would likely receive a message about it posthaste, but first Shiina needed some rest so she was indeed capable of gathering her thoughts.

Though... before leaving she needed to do one thing.

//"Your highness..."// The Wild Card turned to Serenity and bowed. //"I apologize for my question earlier, I promise it won't happen again. I don't doubt your judgment; I'm sure you have your own reasons, after all."// She stood back up straight and forced a soft smile onto her face. //"Thank you for the warning, I wouldn't be able to learn my boundaries without it."// Was she saying the truth? Maybe, in a way. Shiina believed that coming to know what she could and couldn't ask was valuable information, if nothing else... but in her mind, there was still suspicion about Serenity's motives to place her sister in danger. Shiina wanted to be an optimist, though, and for now she simply thought of it as her knowing Lisa's own desires and encouraging her to do her best. This princess had always seemed kind and caring for her family, there was nothing else to prove otherwise.

//"I should be heading home now... maybe actually have some breakfast. Have a good day, everyone."// The smile vanished back as neutrality set onto her face. Shiina left calmly, holding a weight in her heart, but one that she felt was the least bit lighter from the Royals' reassurance. She was weak... and somehow, it felt comforting to know that.

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 E90Ho1r

It meant she still had far more room for strength than she previously imagined.

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:04 pm

"...Understood."

She listened to the information and processed it in her head. A library would be nice to take some time off to study some previous cases. But there were other things that Maria had to do than sifting through old manila folders. Rather, she remembered the Church needed her for something tonight. Even in the afternoon, she had the mind to do some light exercise before heading back home.

The news about Chris was worrying. But it was obviously to her that there were secrets that had to be kept. It left a bad taste in her mouth, but what could she do at this point? She glanced at the somber Lisa, already trying to leave. The postulant let her go, perhaps she needed to be alone for a while. Without further ado, Maria began to rise from her seat and bowed towards the royal siblings in farewell.

She was sure to put her wrist weights and her glasses back on before leaving. Of course, she gave a wave and a smile at the rest of her teammates before leaving. Maria was back as her 'normal' self, at least for now. But even so, the Cadet was feeling rather somber about the whole thing. Even if they had a success last night, there were still failures that costed lives. And there was no way she could be completely be happy about that evening.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sheepzami Sheephara

Sheepzami Sheephara

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 1:45 am

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 XNXgbIm

Cecilia left after being dismissed. She didn't bother saying anything because Azami kept getting rushed to post and didn't have time or energy required to write a full-fledged exit full of introspection, feelings, and all that nice stuff. If the other Cadets turned their attention and focus to her for long enough, they'd notice her rushing off in the same direction as Maria.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Vivian nodded silently before exiting. She learned essentially what she needed to, so her presence there was in the end moot.

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

With nary a word, the Ghost would leave the room once they were excused. She'd look back with a small tilt of her head. She didn't really find this worth the hassle... She briefly mused over somehow leaving them, but she supposed now that was impossible. Regardless, with a few steps out the door, she'd head towards the nearest exit. Time to be a good puppet for the cadetly superiors.

~Exit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]   The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Debriefing [Cadet Morning Topic]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2