Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Enough is Enough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deshi

PostSubject: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:23 am

So I am sure some have noticed I do not hang around the chatbox much these days and honestly, the site has become a place that I kind of do not like much more. When I first came here, the site was beautiful. It honestly was. Things ran smoothly, people were friendly and the c-box was a place I enjoyed hanging around. You could have conversations and actually say things without fights and unnecessary arguments happening. I enjoyed the place and thought, hey this could be a place I can call home, a place I could come to enjoy free time and relax. And for a while that was how it was.

But then somewhere along the line that all changed. I am not sure where it began. All I know is that it seemingly gets worse and worse the longer I stay. My main issues fall in the following categories: staff and community.

For staff this is actually the lesser of the evils. I simply want us to come together as a unit and actually get rules fixed and everyone on the same page and clarity of what is suppose to be done. If fights need to be ran or dungeons and such then something should be laid out to give mods something to go by. As it stands now I see, a lot of guess work in these departments. I also noticed that when asked about certain rules all mods seem to have a different answers because no one understands the rules or what is suppose to be done. I’ve expressed concerns about this before, but no one wanted to address the issues. So here it is again bigger than ever.

This brings me to my biggest beef. The community. I cannot stress enough how toxic and draining it is. It is not everyone, but a good chunk likes to meme and joke around way too much. It wouldn’t be a problem if the jokes were just that and not in the end senseless spamming and leaking into the territory of "oh I joke so i can say what i want." There is a lot of bashing going around and people are becoming discourage from RPing at all due to either being fed up with the constant beatings, the meming, or constant shit storms for the lack of a better word that happens in the c-box for no reason. Ever since Endy started it seems like there is this new thing of bashing those choosing to do something different whether it be on fighting for another side or simple creating a character a person wants to enjoy that doesn't fit the standards of what everyone else wants. I find the toxic levels around the site almost unbearable and to be honest this is not a place I want to stay in the long haul. I already quit the site once for personal reasons and while those issues have cleared up, the sort of stress that the site places on me because of the way it has become is no good.

Even less so when I don’t feel like being a mod anymore because in the end no one listens. You tell them stop they don’t. You tell them to this, they do another. Or they turn and just bash on staff due to seeing us as incompetent or useless. I thought it was the site alone, but I’ve seen this spread of this in offline chat as well.

Rita has already stated that she only trusts Philemon, Term, and Gran when it comes to things regarding the site and I’ve seen her bash other mods for things we simply are learning to do or trying to accomplish. She is one example and I am sure there are others on that bandwagon too. I don’t hang in the box as much as some, but the point is the situation is bad and honestly I can’t take it much more. Not as a mod or an rper.

I don’t want to be in a toxic environment surrounded by negativity and what not. I am not asking for rainbow here, but this has gone under the standard of what an RP is suppose to be and instead has become a very unhealthy playground. RP is suppose be about story and coming together to enjoy something everyone likes not meme it to death or tear it apart with negativity.

Thus why I feel it is better to leave as mod and rper. Now some may think I am taking this out of portion and just being whiny, but no. There is a true issue here along with other things I am probably missing and I am just about through with it all.

Now others can add on or fight against me, but I am just stating my concern here.

Endyimon: Hatsuharu - Tainted Persona - People, Work, and Interactions
Juction: Devi B.Sinclair - The Demon - People and Work

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:39 am

I personally more or less agree with that. I haven't really been enjoying RPing on NA much since sometime after Endy started. I tried a few times, but it's just not working out for me one way or another, and at this point it's like no one even cares whether I RP or not anyway. I'd probably just have to run solo or in some less desirable position even if I did keep trying, cause when some people decide they dun want you working with them, you're out of luck. Plus some of the types of 'teamwork' happening these days are just unappealing in general.

I'm pretty much just ghosting around the CB lately, and only posting in Azores 2 when it comes up. Motivation to deal with the status quo in Endy is more or less zero, and Azores I just deal with since there's basically no attempt at communication anyway lol

Tbh, I'm probably going to quit as well in a sense, though may lurk around as a normal member still to see what goes on. But this is just really no fun, and not like I've been doing much mod work recently either way (nearly none as a matter of fact), so I see no reason to stay there just to get leery eyes from people who don't like the staff much. In fact, maybe it would not be a bad play to do a bit of a flush out and try a different staff set up to see how that works? Well, with some people at least. If anyone even wants to actually do the dirty work instead of complaining about how it is currently done that is lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:56 am

I'm not going to lie, I agree with Deshi here. And I implore you to listen to Deshi because this isn't some isolated event. As far as we staff go, we need the help of the admins to get things rooted and done. Without your help, we're honestly barely more helpful than the players. We don't have special rule lists or anything in the mod room and that honestly surprises me.

But, honestly, this is something easily alleviated. The harder thing is obviously the community which is having its down side and, Philemon and Term, I implore that you listen to us on this. The community is honestly going down hill and I have no idea how to handle it. I've become quite fed up as I've been called an abuser of my power multiple times for literally doing nothing. I don't know what to do about this, because everyone doesn't act up around you guys. They behave themselves and then go right back to acting up when you leave. I'm not saying we're crying or saying being a mod is too hard. No, I came into this knowing people won't be happy with my decisions. But there's disagreement and then there's disrespect.

Do we need to start banning? Kicking? Laying down an iron fist? And then what about the fact everyone can joke and everyone says things that aren't okay, but hey it's just a joke. Like, what are we supposed to do? It's bewildering and confusing and this is something I'm not sure what to do. Cause, in my mind, we can't kick people for 'joking' or there insistent and endless memes cuz, as long as they're different, it isn't spamming.

I also don't know what to say about the community's view point on the site either. RP is supposed to be telling the story of your character. And, honestly, Deshi's right. The general populace of the site ridicule people for doing anything different or out of the norm. You then also have people who just ridicule people for wanting to take RP any bit serious. "It's all a game, why should you care?" "Getting strong is the only important thing." "I don't SL because plot is too important." How people view the site and its mechanics is damaging for people who are trying to join the site to RP. Battling and growing stronger should always be a secondary thing to your actual character development, and that's something the site has lost site of.

I personally don't know how to handle this. In my mind, this will hopefully just flush out. But, for the moment, it's honestly killing people and how they see things. How are we supposed to RP if people don't even focus on that? Don't even do that? Don't even care about the things they signed up for? It's a troubling time and I'm at a loss of what to do aside from maybe just kick or ban people and then, what is kick or ban worthy if everything is a joke?

I'm not afraid to kick or ban people, but I want to know when enough is enough because my personal calls may not be the best. In the end, I may not be the best for this position. You may want someone else as I've tried to help and be proactive with the community, but in doing so no one even takes me serious. That may be my fault, but regardless, this is just me being petty.

I just want to know what is really needed of me, and if this comes across as me whining and complaining, then I don't know. I couldn't care less to do the 'dirty' work as long as that work has guidelines. Because if I just go in and start kicking every rude joke and inappropriate meme without guidelines, then I'll definitely be using my mod powers as it'd be my personal judgement and that doesn't always fly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:58 am

Where to begin....I know that there are people being petty in the chat from time to time, and it's honestly so disappointing to see staff and other members have to make a big deal out of this. Phile has made a thread where you can sign up for mod duties if anyone was confused, since we have all checked it out. Phile also posted here that you can run a battle for some pocket change. Ask chat to PM you for a fight or check in with them to see if a battle needs to be ran. It's not hard and I don't see why it is being made out to be hard.

http://newarcana.forumotion.com/t5193-update-to-mods

http://newarcana.forumotion.com/t3711-moderator-duties

I am not sure why people are giving out different answers regarding rules. We made a topic where certain unspoken rules are clarified for more detail, and are open for discussion in case there are inconsistencies, so what's the problem? Are there examples of this happening? There are times, generally the afternoon when I am at work or class where I cannot be here, so if they are happening then in chat or off screen, I have no idea. In that regard, people do need to have some communication. Why no one has brought this up or resolved it in our private chat really boggles the mind if apparently it is a big enough problem to comment on.

I have said this time, and time, and time again in private chat, but if someone is causing a ruckus, start laying down the law. Phile has said this before, where if you think people are being toxic, you need to kick, ban if you have to. I know I have had to reiterate this several times in our Skype group; also I have said that if you're unsure, bring another staff member into this. We have plenty of them for a reason guys. It should not be that difficult to judge when someone is being passive aggressive in chat. We all know the people who can do it, and there is just no excuse to just let it happen if you genuinely perceive it as something hurtful; joke or not. If I sat there and saw someone belittling someone else, and I have warned them to stop even if they claim it was a joke before continuing on, they'd be temp-banned. That's that. All of you should be reflecting this behavior. It may sound ludicrous, but there is a visible line between genuine jokes/memes/whatever, and condescension/rudeness/etc.

For the community, again I have not seen every little scrap that has happened, but the stuff the mods have talked about recently that I have seen are so petty I could cry. Both some staff and some members pick at each other to anger one another, and it's so dumb I can't help but wonder if everyone is just making too much out of too little. I know there are moments where it does get bad, we have seen them before, so both the staff and the members should be acting on good behavior. Humor is perfectly fine, but when I see staff get so confrontational and snarky, that's just as bad if not worse than members getting angry. We don't get paid for this, we treat this as a hobby, so why are we suddenly letting people get on our nerves and turn us into children who will argue over little things to other people? The business with Lost and Rita, the personality conflicts between some people and Break/Moonie. It has to end, first on our side. No more complaining in private chat instead of warning them if they are being rude, actually do something about it. Not everyone has to like everyone, but at the very least know when an argument is not worth pursuing and stay quiet, or lay out disciplinary measures. You are not going to be able to control how every person feels about you.

I have never not been happy with who was selected to be staff, and I am more than glad that you guys are at the very least currently on board. I do want to see people have fun here and seeing you all disheartened does not make me happy. If you don't think you want to be staff, then message Phile or Essay, or even me if they don't respond. No need to do something you don't find fun anymore. I know I have said things that some of you may not like, please do not take it as confrontational, it's just what I have gathered recently after seeing this topic and other people's conversations. I am still on the site pretty often, just not as much due to work and school, but more than enough to where if you need me, you know where to find me. Please take this to heart and understand that I don't think you all are bad staff, just that this is a sort of scolding from an old man like me.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:54 am

Okay, since I haven't said all that much the first time, might as well drop my 2 cents on this.

I get your point for what it is, but I also don't entirely agree there. As you said, different personalities are at play there. Saying that conflicts between them should just stop because that is what would obviously help...to me, that sounds like saying that rain ought to stop falling on your command. People are different, think differently, and will feel about things differently. You may see this all as 'petty', but it isn't 100% fair to say that like it's more or less just a fact, because to others, this may sting more than that than for you.

If I'm bothered by something, then I simply am, and no amount of pretending to fake pleasant behavior in the face of what I do not enjoy will make me actually feel better about things. It doesn't quite matter that it would be beneficial for 'community harmony' or however we want to call it, because in the end, if doing that makes me miserable personally, it won't feel like it is truly worth it for me.

I don't think this is as much 'people making too big of a deal out of little things' as it is people simply having a different gauge, and perceiving matters on different levels of 'severity' because of how it naturally feels to them. Maybe it could be if it was only like one person complaining about it, but there is already 3 of us here, and as far as I know, there are members here and there who feel a similar way too. Which means it isn't a case of one person being a butthurt snowflake, but a type of view that some people can have. And it is what it is. Trying to 'scold' people for standing by their own sense of what feels right is likely not going to solve all too much in the end.

On the note of those thread links though...as far as I remember, we did make some stances in that mod duties one once before already, but I personally never saw any fruition come out of it? Everything keeps being run the same way as it has always been, and that little thread changed pretty much nothing in my opinion. We seem to be going more or less by a 'whatever goes at the moment' type of organization, rather than anything else. Most things like these that get brought up only really get attention for a little bit, before everyone goes and falls back into the old random ways once again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 am

If we're all being petty, then why are there people in the community who feel the same way? Like, this isn't us just being "Oh so triggered." or "My safe space is becoming not safe!" Again, I couldn't care less how people see me, and if I need to lay down some invisible law I will. Just don't expect my judgment calls to always be sound as, without rules, I'm going by my emotions and that's honestly just that. I've never been afraid to kick or ban, but there's a difference from doing what I feel and doing what's actually right.

Also, we mods are all super busy now. It normally isn't until late at night that more than maybe two of us are truly active on the site. I'm not saying we need more mods, hell no. But I'm saying this because that just leads to different rulings at different times and that's not going to always cut it either.

And I'm still at a loss as to approach how awful the community views RP as a whole. Are we just supposed to ignore the obvious factious ways and overall toxic view point most of the NCs in Endy have? Because, at the end of the day, they give the most grief to players and over all don't thread with people because it doesn't benefit them. This is bewildering and this needs to be addressed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:23 am

I have to agree with Lost and Joyd on this Gran. It is three of us here and then some. We need some form of resolve.

Endyimon: Hatsuharu - Tainted Persona - People, Work, and Interactions
Juction: Devi B.Sinclair - The Demon - People and Work

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Maid

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 am

I agree with that the community has changed a lot since I joined, for the better and for the worse. This could have a different cause than the memey attitude? For me, I feel like burnouts may be the cause... or at least, that's a part of the reason why my actitvity has dwindled. Sure, the plot and people's attitude have an impact as well, but overall, I think we all just need some break, or perhaps give the community a sense of unity. That's what I liked about Azores and Ueitawa part 2. The players actively talked to eachother in a more friendly manner (ofc there are some exceptions). But overall, with the shift to Endy, the atmosphere of the community has changed. I dunno if we can really fix it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Godai

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 am

Link To Tensions
Maria's Compendium

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Regardless of where this post should be, I'm posting it here regardless.

My problem with having staff is I don't particularly enjoy asking people to do things for me that I wouldn't do myself. At the same time I understand that it needs to be done because as the site goes it needs a more organized staff.

Sure, as admin I could always hold the hands of the moderators but the MAIN reason I did not get involved too much is because I want the staff to find its own leaders. As I've said before, this is my last plot and last time here on this site as staff. If you all haven't noticed, I've been ridiculously more busy recently than I have in the past. I've got a new job, getting a place with my boyfriend, and over all setting up the rest of my life. So what I am doing is watching staff to see who takes the reigns of the charge, and who will be the next head admin when I am gone.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. If someone is a problem, you are moderators. You do not need MY permission to carry out whatever you see fit in regards to members being disrespectful or rude. When have I ever reprimanded a staff member for doing what they think is right in order to keep the peace on these boards? You all are my eyes and ears, I'm not here as much as you and when I am here I have to post and move. If you see a problem, freaking address it, save the logs, and send it to me.

If you're not up to the task, then just don't do it. If it's not one thing it's another. A bunch of children who can't get along or have these E-penis arguments over the smallest things, it's annoying getting on and reading a PM about nonsense.

If you want something more structural implemented, then make it. If you want members to be more respective, then start banning from the cbox and if it gets worst, the site. Make a three strike rule if you must. I'm all for complaining about concerns and bringing it to attention. Saying how the site has changed, okay. Implement things to change it back to what it was before.

The biggest reason the site has changed is because players here have an Ego. Too big of an ego than they should when they should remember it's just a game. Shitposting is fine until it starts getting personal. Excluding people from your teams is ridiculous, even I can agree with that. The mistake I made with Endy was making it so teams was important because society is split. But maybe that doesn't work for a site like this.

From my perspective, since I am not here this much. I don't see this. I see some bickering in chat about Isla and whatnot but I never see the insults. Then out of nowhere I see a topic about people being harassed or upset or something of the like, and I'm like.. What the fuck is happening again? I shouldn't have to be watching this place 100% to keep some sort of peace. It's like the amount of respect for one another has dropped to a low.

In regards to mods, didn't you all make a mod channel where you can discuss things together? What happened to that? Just dropped? If you all need to be on the same page, then we can set up meetings once a week to discuss things. I see mods in the background making guides and putting in the work, and that's what I like to see cause it makes me worry less that when I disappear for good, you guys will still be making things function. But of course this place has a bunch of different attributes and rules that things slip through the cracks. IT happens in almost ANYTHING.

But I digress as I type out of more annoyance than anything.

The community is toxic. Find the source, snip it out. You have powers, use them. If you need more power, tell me. Don't just let people disrespect you if you're staff. Because at the end of the day, it's disrespecting the entire site and myself considering I put you there for a reason.

Mods are disorganized. Then make a day or night where everyone is free to do a weekly discussion on things. If needed, I will participate for any questions.

In regards to players feeling left out. Even I know I can't FORCE people to roleplay with one another unless it's a mission topic or a plot social topic. However, if you all want to make a system where it benefits players to speak with those who they haven't met in rp before or either or to encourage more rp between players, then we can do it.

As I said before, I will back what you want to do. But cut out the bullshit. If you can't handle your position, then just drop it and recommend someone else to fill your shoes. If there isn't anyone else, still drop it if it's such a burden. Respond to me anyway you want, come down hard on me for being the missing mother of the site. I don't mind. But get some thick skin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newarcana.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough is Enough   

Back to top Go down

Enough is Enough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: General Information :: Staff Room-
Jump to: