Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] Empty
PostSubject: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Bernard simply stood on a ledge that day, waiting. Looking out into the horizon of the river on a small evening, very curious and contemplative of everything that had happened up to this point. She had certainly found herself in a rather retarded situation due to being involved with the terrorists to some extent or another.

However to anyone walking around, they would simply see the small snow owl staring out at a river, not really doing anything whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:29 am

"Today was pretty much a  break from fishing for Gabe. It was the holidays, and he was definitely feeling the spirit this time around. "hmm  hm hmm, hmm hmm hmm..." Humming Christmas carols was only a small piece of the big picture, fully enjoying the day. Though, while he was strolling, Gabe came across a familiar owl. "Bernard?" Gabe would say as he stopped a foot away. "Seasons greetings, what are you doing out here by yourself? I would figure that seeing the other humans put up Christmas decorations might be enjoyable for you.  No?"
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 1:11 pm

As Bernard was approached, bernard would give an obligatory flap of the wings back and then simply proceed to hoo. Why would I pay attention to your holidays? All the humans do is attempt to put me in weird outfits or put a hat on me, the same goes for other household pets. I find the entire concept rather stewpid to be honest.The young owl truly did not like most holidays, as animals were simply dressed up and treated like objects most of the time on them.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Now that i think about it, seeing you in a small leprechaun outfit might be kind of funny. "Gabe would say as he chuckled a bit. "It's not all that bad, believe me. Christmas is about family nd giving. Presents, decorations, mistletoe. Things like that, know what i mean? You tend to be very "in the spirit" about things. " Christmas made Gabe miss his parents, but that was beside the point. " Well, if you don't like this holiday, what ends up being your favorite? Thanksgiving? I'm sure the table scraps of all of the cooked food is very tasty. "Puppies sure as heck like it. "There must be a reason why you dislike is so much. What happened at home? Did Brittany try to dress you up?
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm

That would be rather comical, if you were not the one wearing it. I feel sorry for midgets even in society, you humans like to dress them up all cute and then ostracize them the next day.Bernard would offer a sassy hoo flap back at Gabriel as she said this. A holiday about family and giving? I find that hard to believe with all these special deals and ungrateful kids I see all the time. I don't really like any of the holidays now that I think about it.Bernard would simply hoo and contemplate, she really did not celebrate much of the human custom, nor pay much mind to it at all almost. It's not just that, but how humans treat birds and other animals as a whole. We are living beings you know, not that cute thing you can put in a sweater and post on facebook!
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 am

"A Midget?! You mean, you've actually seen one?" Gabe would say in a tone of interest. "I never met a midget before, I always thought that they were honestly mythical creatures. Like the gnomes in charlie and the chocolate factory. Or were they umpa loompas? Can't recall, read the tale years ago. " Ungrateful children huh?" Well Bernard, do you ever see yourself as a parent in the nearby future? Maybe having a little owl to take care of? If human children are seen as ungrateful, what would be your parenting style as an avian? " That was a curious topic to hear about. "I can't see myself dressing up anything other than a puppy. Believe it or not, my actions towards certain animals are rather selective.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

Yes I have seen a midget and to tell you they are quite weird. How can someone be so short and strange, their like dwarfs gabriel. I do not know what is this, umpa loompa thing you are talking about.Bernard did not watch most forms of human movies, nor did she really interact with most forms of media until rather recently by playing video games and watching as humans screeched whenever they died inside of them. I don't know about having a child, I would need another male hoo to be here for that, and most of them are annoying and stupid. Isn't dressing up a dog the same thing anyway? Your still forcing the animal to wear what you want it to wear, regardless of whether or not it wants to wear that outfit. If I grabbed humans as pets and forced them to wear whatever I want them to wear, isn't that cruel Gabriel? To force such random creatures to be at my mercy in what they display to others?The owl posed this as a philisophical question to Gabriel, wondering what the humans answer to this would be. Her voice was not loud or noticable either, it was rather soft and quiet.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Sometime's it's cold outside and you take the necessary precautions in order to protect your companion. You would probably say something like if it was raining or snowing, it's natural to deal with it your own way" right? However, add in the factor of a relationship between a human being and an animal companion, those clothes can keep you warm while you go outside for a walk or what not. Or having a little rain coat on, or even holding an umbrella under you. I'm sure animals get sick all the same." Gabe then pushed his glasses up.

Nothing is necessarily forced, and maybe people don't think in the same way as what's treated as a necessity for your companion. However, you can look at things from a different angle, and those can be seen as acts of concern, even if you don't initially see it as that. " Gabe then snapped his fingers once he received an idea. "Wildlife preserves, are they pets? Of course, the problem starts at humans poaching at times, but there are also humans who step up to put an end to that, keeping them in a safe place to preserve the species. Other times, it could be the simplicity of the environment failing them, with the inability for the animal to adapt. That is also the possibility, and humanity then intervenes. It's a mutual relationship that's one sided, without thanks or acknowledgment. We're just humans to animals in the end, either an inconvenience or food. Now, looking at it from my mirror as a human, is it cruel? To who? The extent of how far we go and to show the fact that we actually care shows alot with the introduction of the alpha into the food chain, starting with a capital D. I'm sure they don't care about their diet? "
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 pm

It is one thing to dress an animal up for warmth, however us animals sometimes do not need what you humans need. For example, I am very clearly an owl from that place you humans call the "arctic". I do not need any of these strange clothes for example that you wear to survive in the cold because I have already adapted to the cold, I am as white as the snow that is there. Bernard would scratch at the post she was standing on, her claws slightly clicking together as the bird would let out a few hoos. Acts of Concern?Do you think Animals just willingly want to actually exist with humans? Your people constantly come onto our territories and act like we just want to be pet and captured and sold for everything on our bodies. Humans only shout for our people to be saved because they think we are cute, I could count hundreds who find me a cute creature, but how many would care for me if I were not a cute icon to people? Like a cat, or a dog, or a bear cub. I am viewed as a obect, as simply cute. My family was viewed as cute and sold away from me because of this too. You may not think it is cruel Gabriel, but it is crueler than anything I have ever learned of about humans and their wars. If we were not cute, we would be eaten.  We animals only eat to survive, humans eat constantly because they develop a taste for anything they want at the expense of others.The owl said this in her usual quiet voice, sounding rather solemn as it came out to Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:41 pm

"Willingly? like you have a choice? Different evolution strands, humans come from the homosapian line, we have alot more with monkeys and the like than we do with any other animal. I'm pretty sure if the same thing happened with birds, we would have maybe a little bit of feathers and avian qualities, still carrying on with the same conversation. We are still animals.... " Or atleast, thats what Gabe believed. "Look, Bernard this is the cards we were dealt. We arent in a perfect world, and the closest thing that you could eat in terms of an owl is fried chicken or something along those lines. However, i still dont think that humanity isnt worth giving a chance.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Willingly.The owl spat with slight venom in her voice, clearly annoyed to some extent at what was preposed before her.Just because these are the cards we are dealt with in life Gabe does not mean that either party may or may not willingly want this at all. We don't want it thats for sure, its just some of us hoos like to get pet and the humans coerce us with domestication and treats. They capture us and then breed us in captivity, I've seen what you people do in your little animal planet and animal rescue shows. You don't save the animals, you give them a life worse than dieing outright. Bernard continued with utter poison and slight malice in her voice, it was clear that such a topic was one Bernard viewed rather negativelyMost of us are confused living with the humans, I was confused living with the humans. Kept in that little cage rather than in my natural living grounds because I was to be sold like it was nothing. Just because we can't speak does not mean we are obligated to automatically live with humans due to them being near us. We are like slaves nearly to maybe not you, but to your people as we are kept just like little cute artifacts or workers or used for various things even. I saw somewhere once chicken eggs are commonly eaten by your people and bred in captivity. . The owl would flap her wings, it was truly a case in point.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:06 pm

"As if we don't know of slavery among ourselves? The incarceration of black people throughout the years, taking them from their homes in Africa in order to force them to work for us. To a point we realized that we couldn't even return the because they lost in touch wth the culture of Africa that we took way from them. Humans are capable of this, and it's the progress that comes after, the showing of these people being our fellow man and integration of their rights. It's because we saw them as people Bernard. Well, to my opinion of it.." Gabe would say as he snapped his fingers again. "Not talking is the problem, it the integration of the social standpoint of animals and humans, which is moot when you dont integrate correctly in our social standpoint as a human. Plenty of ideas can fix it, make every animal aware of thought, to speak, improve their ability to convey their messages and feelings. Soon after, it'll be like zootopia, but you stlll won't get rid of us. You will be the new humans, and you'll just find new slaves to toy with. A succession of humanity is nothing more than a continuation of our sins. "

Gabe then sighed. "Admittedly, we eat eggs, and there are some animal slaughterhouse videos where i hope they were more humane with their methods, but where would we be without you? Our,...appreciation to what we call our food, our meals, this life we have today is nothing more than being apart of the big great circle of life. We are not without our own consequences. If you really want revenge Bernard, i suggest...due to our own self destructing nature...that you do nothing. Do you know why i say this?
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 pm

And your point is?The owl would impatiently tap her little foot on the post she was now standing on in the first place. It only supports further of how humans are so willing to colonize and exploit whatever it is that they can get their hands upon gabe. I do not think you are like most of these air headed idiots, but you must consider at the least what most of your people do Gabe. They distract themselves in these meaningless weird hobbies, they obsesse over the most superficial of things. They do not care for whom they may hurt at all as long as they satisfy themselves. The owl would offer an obligatory flap of her wings and then a small hoo hoo. Well. Animals cannot magically develop the ability to talk in the first place, so it is safe to say that gap will possibly exist forever. Only a few select species of creature can communicate in certain manners, and those are very limited. It is very nihilistic don't you think Gabe. That this will just continue as a cycle that is incapable of being changed whatsoever. It is not about getting rid of the humans Gabe... We may not be that different to some extent.The owl would sigh to herself thinking about it before pecking down at her feet a little. There was not much seperating humans from the owls beyond different levels of savagery in their mentality. How do we succeed humanity if we do not desire what humans desire at all? What would cause us to desire what the humans desire? If their culture does not impact us, then we can truly be free of them and their beliefs no? We rarely hunt the humans to begin with in the first place, most of our people strike in self defence because they feel violently threatened by a creature aka a human they dont even recognize or are meant to see.

However... Bernard would consider the odd phrase that Gabriel was telling him, about wanting revenge, about how humans were self destructive. Is it, is that truly satisfying Gabriel? To wait out your enemies and those who harmed you and let them simply vanish? TO allow them to escape your grasp as if they were a bleeding worm, already dying from outside factors, without you having touched them at all? Or is it better to simply strike them down while their bleeding, and make them regret existence?. What part of it would desire to cause me to hold back? TO refrain? To pause when I have the chance to simply strike at them? I want you to tell me Gabriel, without any of these notions that humans invent in their cultures. THis sassy, pathetic, MEME of forgiveness and that anyone can be redeemed. Of how you don't need to kill, how you dont need to fight, how you can just move on as if the world is gonna turn around and forget about it. Just why would I allow the people that have wronged me to simply destroy themselves,  The owls words came out as a soft venomous whisper torwards gabriel. It was as if she was shouting, her voice a violent thundering roar, yet it was held back carefully like watts going through a wire. At that very moment, anyone could tell Bernard was a strange creature, capable of releasing herself like a violent strike of lightning, yet holding back in an odd calculating way. To anyone around them, they would simply see Bernard leaning forward to Gabriel this entire time, making little beak movements as if she was cooing. What is it that inspires you to act above, to act different. To "forgive" and possibly "forget" Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am

Listen to me Bernard, and listen very carefully. What of the dinosaurs? Something so dominant and uncivilized, mother nature's colossal beings that once roamed the earth before us. Once that occurred, and the meteor strike, THEN humanity took over. Caveman and whatnot.... but honestly... our ancestors was once dominant before us, and had no sense of thought like how you want to put up a valid discussion.They just ate and killed, that was it. If they had even a hint of intelligence like you did, or any sort of animal in the same way as holding their potential, it would be different. If you want something to work towards to, why not make all animals aware? If not, you are making the choice to be special and govern your own life, instead of reflecting upon others. You went humanity to take responsibility for themselves as whole, for you..bernard the owl. Not bernard the animalities politicians representing the best interests of animal kind. So if this is truly about you... then make it about you and the source of your pain."

Gabe would say as he adjusted his posture. "You hate pet shops and Brittany, is that it? Well, you are now capable of things beyond your wildest dreams? why not leave? Why not fly away from the person who dresses you up and has you simply because you are cute. Hmm? You can even leave now, I'm sure the things that go bump in the night could care less about you, they would much rather kill me. And yet, even if we don't acknowledge each other during those times, you still haven't turned your back on what happens around you, something that affects humanity mostly. You know why? Because of your sense of enlightenment, and livelihood as an animal, gives u an understanding of both spectrums, and as much as you want to hate us, we have alot in common. We are the prey now, and i might have lost my family because of it...ok?!"

Gabe pushed his glasses up, wiping his eyes as if he was trying to hold back a small tear. "if we ignored what we have, and did nothing, we would soon all die. I sure the ambition of some being would gather up and bring this place to ruin. Without lifting a finger, we die....since we have the ability to now make a "Relevant choice", no matter the area of effect or its extent... we now have the capability of such a responsibility we didn't have before. I didn't know what i wanted to do, or why i cared, but i lost my family to demons and im running around to search for remains ill never find. I wasted five years doing this bernard...............im still mourning...to both of our respected predators.. we both lost something because of it.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:20 pm

Bernard sat there, and was about to say something but yet she could not manage to get the words out of her mouth... The young white snow owl simply sat there and listened for a minute, she hated everyone yes but did not attempt to flee from her current surroundings despite what how she truly felt on the inside. The Owl kept trying to think of something to say, anything really but nothing managed to come out. What was this feeling Bernard had felt inside, it was a strange one that didn't make any sense to the young hoo. Why was she feeling confused and alone on the inside.

How could she feel so...Conflicted on the inside about her words and how she truly felt in her heart. The owl would unable to fathom what was being said to her, why couldn't she say anything? The owl would simply look at Gabriel, without saying a single word as he spoke. Yet weirdly Bernard did not respond immediately to what he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]   A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Special Kind of Hoo[Gabe]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next