Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

PostSubject: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 pm

"At last... it's time..."

Jack took a few steps back from his sign and felt a pang of pride well up within him. It had been so long sense his heroic soul BURST into passionate flames so violently! It felt as if the white hot heat radiating from his core would burn its way to the center of all the worlds! His bright red spirit only grew in strength as he saw Mysterio sit lethargically behind the booth, occasionally taking a hearty gulp form his flask that, in all reality, should have run dry hours ago.

"Look kid, I-*COUGH COUGH* I told you before... No one and I mean NO ONE will show up to this thing... Like... Literally no one." Mysterio let out a dry laugh as he took a long dreg from his cigarette. "Don't let me stop ya though, go ahead, keep being an idiot bro... It's kinda fun to watch"

"Now now Mysterio! We mustent rain on Jacky Jack's parade! After all who knows! Someone might see this post and feel sorry for the poor guy! Ehehehe!" The force of 8D's laugh almost knocked him out of his seat. Honestly, while 8D loved a good joke this one was going a bit to far. -Or not far enough... EHEHEHE! Maybe I can get a booth next?... Also you do remember how well this went last time? When ONE person showed up? Ehehehe!-

"Sticks and stones boys! Sticks and stones." Jack chuckled slightly and took his seat inside the booth, adjusted his helmet so it fit properly, and got ready for the fist try out!.

Hey you! Yes you!

Are you tired of not letting your heroic heart soar?
Are you tired of NOT wearing spandex in every fight?
Are you tired of the hum drum of every day life?
Then it's time you joined the premier force for justice in all the multiverse!

Multiverse Sentai Galaxger!

Now for the Nitty Gritty, Welcome to "Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers!" This is a Flair Skirmish Battle booth for teams of 3-5. What do I mean by Flair Skirmish Battle? Well it's a grid based fight (Think Tactical RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem). Movement on this grid will be Based on Dex, Your movement will be your Dex/10 with a max of 8.. The kicker about these battles is it's not so much WHAT you do, but HOW you do it.

Let me explain. In a Flair battle you can receive extra points or increase your damage by adding a bit of Flair to your battle points. Instead of just posting your RNG and leaving it at that, add an unnecessary flip or spout some nonsense about justice or friendship! Remember, keep those one liners coming or else the kids at home won't keep watching and buying your toys!... Did we forget to mention this is televised? Whoops! But that's right! Smile cus you'll be on camera!

Rules for Flair!

1.All points awarded will be based on how much flair you put into your post, there are no hard rules for how many points you will get for a particular action. However if you put obvious effort into your post you will get at least 20 points.

2.In combat you may preform actions with near by (adjacent) party members. You can toss them a number of squares equal to your PPStr/10, or you may preform a team Dex attack where in all characters adjacent to a single target may use their turns to deliver a single Dex attack. This attack's Dex will be equal to the dex of the chosen attacker times the number of supporters. These actions will award 20 flair points to all involved.

3.Falling in battle (Dropping to 0HP) will award you 30 Flair points, however for each round you spend KOed you will lose 20 Flair Points.

4.At the end of the battle you may turn your Flair Points in for Tickets! For every 100 Flair points you turn in you will receive 5 Tickets! For every 200 Flair points you turn in you will receive 15 tickets. And for every 400 Flair points you turn in you will receive 45 Tickets.

Participation in a Skirmish guarantees you 20 tickets, victory will grant 30 tickets.

Characters will be either maxed Initial for PU or ASSW, or Rank 5 for other classes. All participants will be at level 10 and all participants will have access to guns, regardless of plot. Please post your teams before posting your Persona and skill sets! Also include team attacks for all members, your a team of rangers after all, you're bound to have team attacks. (All social link levels for team members is set at 6)

Once a team is finished please PM me and we'll work out the details of your television debut.  Only one team will run at a time. Thank you.

The Information of Love and Fate!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiina

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:51 pm

"Heroes... pah, what are they good for! Spouting hammy catchphrase after each commercial break, it's simply preposterous! No, what this world needs is a villain!"

"REJOICE! I, the Dark Lord of Dankness, will put an end to these sappy heroic plans! Bwahahahaha!"

"Tryhard..."

"Silence, sweetheart!"

Gonna go for maxed Initial PU on Crym--- I mean, le Dark Lord of Dankness. As for teams, Iunno, whoever wants to be on my team can shoot me a PM.

Stats:

Initial Persona - Merlin:

Weapons:

Weapon Name: Sword of the Dark Lord
Weapon Description: A long somewhat ornate one-handed sword, measuring at around 60 centimeters of blade and an extra 15 of hilt. Looks fragile and like something a weeb would use.
Weapon Image:

Weapon Attack Type: Slash

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: AK-47
Side-Arm Description: It's a God damn AK-47, standard size, standard issue.
Side-Arm Image:

Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Machine Gun - Muti-Round - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo.

"Because you can't grow on your own... I can't be all by myself."

~Rita's bonds - Karna - Shiina's bonds - Jinguu-Tennou~
Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:32 pm

"Suneles, the beast of the lunar abyss, is here to-"
*RING* *RING* *RING*
"Oh, hold on..."
"No, Trinity, I'm doing a thing. I can't come over right now."
"Tatsui did WHAT?!"
"L-Look, tell Gabe to sort it out. Call a lawyer or something, I can't represent him in court."
"Alright, take care. Bye."

*CLICK*
"Sorry about that, anyways..."
"...the beast of the lunar abyss, is here to serve you, my lord!"

Suneles:

Skillset:

Last edited by Moonie on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telos

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 pm

John reluctantly walked in and sighed.
"Welp. I don't know WHY I'm doing this... but I'm gonna have to try, I suppose." John thought.

Geez, Takeru was gonna him big time for this one...
At least he kinda managed to snag a fairly good looking costume in place of his usual look when in disguise, god that look would attract more attention than he wanted here.
And not good attention either.
May as well get into character now.

"Hold it right there, evildoers! I won't let you run around unopposed, for my team, the Omega Rangers, and I, Omega Ranger Fate shall not let you win, now or ever!" he said in a convincingly heroic, deep tone.
The look helped as well.
The Costume:

Forming my own team. Currently have two vacancies atm, PM me if you want in.
Skills will come later.

Skills:

Stats:

Signing up with John the Forgotten. See his sheet for details on weapon and gun.

Information of my chars:
People: Takeru and Axel

Personas: Twelve and Gaster

Social Links: Takeru and Axel

Compendiums: Takeru's Tablet and Axel's Assessment

Telos's Soundtrack:

Last edited by Telos on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:21 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:31 pm

I hate you so much right now, Jack. Friendship broken forever and ever. Don't call me. Don't smell me. Don't look at me.

Ever again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GioGio

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:28 pm

"...Do i really gotta do this?Well, shit this is embarrassing..."

"Don't worry my sweet Lord, i'm here to aid you. Ufufufu~♥"

Dark Princess Ravena(Kira Kira) will be joining as a forgotten and will team up with the Dark Lord of Dankness

Shadow Weapon:

Move Set:

Stats:

Last edited by GioGio on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:07 pm

"M-Mom... Please stop... This is so embarrassing..."

"What do you mean, honey? Just watch your mom 'school' these guys!"

"W-Why...?"

"This is the right place, right? Okay... Um..."
"You are but a puppet ready to be controlled by yours truly ♥ ❤~!"

Raina Lockwood, or, er... Ahem, Countess Valentine is signing up ♥ ❤~!
Joining Rita's team ♥ ❤~!

Countess Valentine:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azami Aihara

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:49 am

"My name is not important, what is important is what I'm going to do! I just fucking hate this city and the filthy anarchists feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter----"

"...snrk. I'm sorry, gimme a minute."

The elite government hacker Arke aka Miyuki pretending to be an edgelord will be joining the Dark Lord's team of fiendish villains.

Artificial Persona:

Arsenal:

Stats:

Azami:

Iris:

Last edited by Azami Aihara on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Ok... Wow I did not expect this high of a turn out... Any way I realized I may have missed some stuff... and here It is! YAY! I'm not good at this!

1.You do NOT get the distributed points from the first three ranks. I should have said this but frankly I forgot that was a thing, hehe. If you did this on your character please rework and let me know when you're done.

2. The Range of a Physical and Dex attack is Adjacent, The range on a Magic attack is your PMSTR/10 AOE magic attacks are as fallows

Electric: A primary target must be chosen. Every unit adjacent to the primary target (Including friendly units) Will be a target for this attack. (Up to the tier of the attack. IE a Tier 2 AOE Electric spell will effect two targets)

Fire: A + shaped area of one center square and four adjacent spaces.

Ice: An X shaped area of one center square and four diagonally adjacent spaces.

Earth: A line of adjacent squares that can bend. The number of squares this attack covers is equal to your (PMSTR/10)-1

Wind: The caster picks three squares within A range of their PMSTR/10 to attack.

Light/Dark: All Spaces Adjacent to the caster.

Guns.

Pistols: Range of 6 squares in a straight line.

Machine Gun  Range of 4 Squares, three targets

Shotgun: Range of creates a three square long cone that starts in front of the you and catches anyone inside as a target

I think that's everything so far... Things will be ready soonish! I apologize for the delay I just... Honestly didn't expect this kinda response! Heh. If any of theses updates make you want to changes your build go for it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azami Aihara

Location : Chained to a rock by a fickle RNG god. Ow, my liver.

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:39 am

Edits have been made. Should be fine now assuming I didn't dun goof.

Azami:

Iris:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:55 am

"AHhahahaha! Oh Man! That is fantastic! Look hero boy, your booth turned into a gathering of evil! Oh man I*COUGH* I have never been happier to be wrong!... Or ever been wrong now that I think about it... Huh is this what it feels like. I could get used to this shit bro..." Mysterio cackled as he watched villain after villain show up for the "Hero" Tryouts. Between bursts of laughter he would do his best to take a swig from his flask before the raw irony struck him again.

"Awww don't tease him Mysty. I'm sure he's really torn up about his dream being dragged through dog shit and spit on! I mean, I would be heart broken to if everything I ever wanted was taken away from me and perverted into something I hated... Ehehehe" a mischievous glint crossed 8D's eyes as he tried to "Defend" Jack. -OH MY GOD! This is... SO GOOD! Oh I couldn't had dreamed a better outcome... Thank you all for making this happen EHEHEHEHEHE-

"This... Is..." Jack's voice was low and quiet as he looked at the five evil doers that had gathered."PERFECT! I never hoped that we would get Bad Guys to! What's a good Sentai without the evil empire! HAHA! My burning soul has never burned brighter! Alright Legion Of Doom, It's time to get started!" Jack's obvious excitement and joy seemed to ruin whatever good mood Mysterio and 8D had been ridding on...

---

Alright! Penny's team is ready, as far as I can tell, and your vial persona and powers are approved! We just need to clear up a few things before we can begin this weekend. I need for you to chose your difficulty level and announcer.

The announcer will be beginning the fight and offering their commentary during the fight. They will also be the ones handing out FlairPoint (This will have very little but a slightly noticeable effect on the distribution. The announcer will be as impartial as possible but still think about the personalities of the announcer when choosing.)

Your Choices are Jack, Mysterio, and 8D.

As for Difficulty level, you have three levels to chose from.

Putty Patrollers: This level is the easiest and will have very simple enemies to fight. Shouldn't be a challenge.

Monster Of the Week: This is the middle of the ground, will have at least one stronger enemy and will offer a medium challenge. At this level the enemy units will begin to coordinate and strategize.

Lord Zedd: Highest difficulty level. At this level you will be outnumbered and outgunned. The number of special enemies will be high and they will use high level tactics to try and out maneuver you.

The higher the level the more flair points that will be handed out! Once your announcer and difficulty has been chosen we will be ready to begin as soon as the map is customized to your choices. Expect to begin by this Sunday!

May the power protect you all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dandanni

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:14 pm

((Hoping it's not too late to join this.  ^.^;  Suffered a major burn out before I was able to work on this.))

"Whoa, whoaaaa... Masako, are you sure about this?!"

Tatum immediately regretted asking that question.  Masako had a terrifying fire in her eyes that suggested a fierce determination.

"I will not rest until you make a perfect and proper Sentai hero!" she declared, "Now go and show them whose boss!"

"Well, I have no qualms doing this, but why am I the one doing it?!  Aren't you better suited for this?  You are waaaaaaaaaay more into it then I am, and that's saying something!"

Suddenly, the fire of determination in Masako's eyes are replaced with stars of adoration.  "To think, Little Tatum, now being the next Sentai hero... do the Personangers proud!  Go forth and write your own story!"

"Right, right," she sighed, realizing this is litterly nothing more but Masako trying to make Tatum as much of a FAN-atic as she is. (Bumdum tis!)

"I might as well get into character," she said as she assumed a stance.

"Though I fight for the Order of the Night Skye, I will lend my aid to the Omega team.  She held a stance as she pulled out her sword, holding it up right.  "The Starknight is ready to serve!"  With that declared, she swings her blade horizontally, causing an green explosion to appear behind her.

It also caused her to jump with shock and surprise.

"YAAAH!  Where did you even get those?!"

Masako grinned like a happy, giddy, school girl.

"Do not underestimate the resources of a true fan turned Cadet."

"Seriously?" was all the "Starknight" could offer in reply.

Costume:

Stats:

Persona:

Weapons:

Joining on John's team.

Quick List of all of my characters.

Last edited by Dandanni on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Suddenly Music could be heard playing as a costumed figure walked up, playing a rather odd instrument, looking like a keyboard and a guitar fused together, lights on the helmet and outfit flashing as they played and sang their own theme song, before finally standing among them, those diminutive they certainly made an entrance

"Spectrum Croma Ranger Reporting in" they would say in an oddly varying voice as they saluted "Lets show these cretins what Teamwork and Justice can do Especially when we stand together and united" the small figure struck a pose as it finished, a triple colored explosion going off behind them as they did so.

"Omega Rangers you do not stand alone to face this foe. The might of the Croma Rangers stands with you!" Behind the person a set of Eight other figures could be seen each colored differently (the pawns for that that want to know XD)

Croma Ranger Red Reporting!
Croma Ranger Orange Reporting!
Croma Ranger Yellow Reporting!
Croma Ranger Green Reporting!
Croma Ranger Blue Reporting!
Croma Ranger Indigo Reporting!
Croma Ranger Violet Reporting!
Croma Ranger Pink Reporting!

the Eight figures all equipped with shield and spear took up poses as well a small explosion happening behind each of them matching their colors

inside the costume the person inside only smiled at the silliness of this but was enjoying it quite a bit.

costume:

persona:

Stats:

strengths and weaknesses:

Main Weapon:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)   Today at 1:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Hero Try outs PT:3 Multyverse Sentai! Galaxgers (Jack's Booth)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1