Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Free Bird [Tatum]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Lance the Crow? Seriously? Okay, I'll play along! she thought as she grinned at the silly nickname.

"Tatum," she replied in turn, "But you can call me Spider! Or Frog. Frog works... um... Dog? Cat? The Grim Reaper! No wait, that's not an animal... Uuuuummmmmm... Falcon! Dolphin! Wolf! Darn it, I have too many favorite animals! Raven! We can match that way! You be Crow and I be Raven!"

By now, she was already running around in front of him, positioning herself so she could walk backwards in order to still face him. Nevermind the potential hazards that may or may not be in her unseeable path.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 6:47 am

Lance gave a sheepish chuckle at her response to his nickname, shaking his head.

"Hey, I didn't pick it, it's short for Scarecrow. It's because I'm so tall and skinny." he explained. He was never really sure how he felt about the moniker, but he could understand why people used it. It wasn't even really his choice to shorten it to Crow. "I could go with Raven if you really wanted. I mean it; i'll take you seriously if you say yes."

This was honestly starting to remind him of his younger siblings; she looked a bit younger than Lexi, but not by much. Keeping that thought in mind, he decided he would treat her like his little sister in a way. That meant watching out for her, doing things like watching ahead as she walked backwards so she wouldn't collide into the strangers that wandered up and down the sidewalk.

"Hey, you should watch out, you know. I don't think you've got eyes in the back of your head. Though that would be kind of cool, if a little weird." he rambled, pausing for a moment to indicate that he was turning a corner. "Here, over this way. It's still a way's down, but at least it's a straight shot from here."

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 12:10 pm

"Short for Scarecrow?  Dude, if you had magical 'making friends with crows' powers, that would be awesome!  Aaaaaaaaand just Tats, actually.  Or whatever play on words with Tatum you wanna go with.  I've been called a Potatum before.  Whoa!"

He was right to assume that she would need someone to guide her as she walked backwards.  She nearly tripped on a rock, the momentum causing her to run back with awkward balance before she regained her footing.

Thank you P.E. and all the nifty tricks I learned for you... she thought to herself.

"Well, for the record, that would be really cool!  I'd freak everyone out and make them think I had a mouth back there too!  Then I'd be just like that one Japanese spirit!  What was it called?  Futa... Futa Conch?  That one!"  This time she kept to behind him, not wanting a repeat of what happened earlier.  The last thing she needed was to bump into a pole or a person...

Or even Selenus.  Then Selenus would have something new to complain to her about!

Actually, wouldn't that be bad if she did bump into him?  Then they'd have to come up with a routine for- no, better not to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 pm

"I guess it would be kind of cool to control crows," he mused at her idea, "Or just to be able to talk to them. Although I think they're the kind of birds who can talk. Don't remember. Either way, I think I'll call you Tatum until I can come up with something."

He lunged forward awkwardly as she tripped, seeming to make an effort to catch her before she fell. He paused, though, when it seemed she could catch herself, admittedly somewhat impressed by her balance. Growing up, he'd always been somewhat wobbly until he trained himself otherwise.

"Hey, what'd I say? I can't beat you if you go and sprain your ankle by tripping on a rock." he teased, shrugging his bag further onto his shoulder and picking up his pace. It was just about two or three more blocks.

He raised a brow as she mentioned something about a Japanese spirit with eyes and a mouth at the back of its head. As odd as it sounded, it wasn't remotely out-of-place given the culture of origin. He had heard of some equally weird creatures from all across Asia, not just Japan. There was the dragon-giraffe thing, and the ram thing that was always hungry... He couldn't remember specifics, but it was hard to forget the absurd little details.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 1:06 am

"Hey, I'd be able to function even if I did sprain my ankle. I'm like a cat that way! Cats can keep going even when hurt!" She looked proud of that fact.

Her pride quickly melted away when she remembered a certain fact about cats.

"Then again, that may be them hiding their pain so that they don't appear weak to potential preditors... okay, I'll be more careful." With that, she spun on her heels and started the walk forward.

"Soooo, iffin ya don't mindin me askin, what kind of work do you do? My parents work in advertising. Well, my mom does. She's part of the advertising research branch. Daddy is basically a member of the security of the building Mom works at." Idle chit-chat, a favorite activity of hers now that she was becoming more and more acquainted with the people of Endymion.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 am

"Is that how that works?" Lance questioned regarding her explanation of cats, honestly curious and unknowing of that fact.

The topic of the conversation then turned to occupations, and Lance was pleasantly surprised to hear about Tatum's parents' jobs.

"Oh, man, it must be cool doing advertising. I bet your mom has worked on some of the electronic billboards over in Suzie Q. That's where I work, though I don't do anything too fantastic. I play the piano, and I'm able to sing a little, so I earn a little bit working at some of the clubs and lounges in the afternoons, before people start coming in looking to party." he explained, though a thought occurred to him as he glanced down at her with a skeptically raised brow. "Hey, I go to school, too. How old do you think I am?"

It wasn't uncommon for people to think he was a little older than he was due to his height and the general way he presented himself appearance-wise, but he liked to remind people that he was still full of youthful teenage vigor. As lame as that sounded.
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 11:23 am

Without any sign of hesitation, without so much as even missing a beat, the child would quickly reply with, "30." And she continued on her merry way, following after the "high schooler" and being sure not to trail too far behind.

"And to be fair, your job sounds a lot more interesting than advertising research. Advertising research is the research behind the mindset of society in general as dictated by the common messages and symbols as presented to them in their day to day lives."

The line sounded more rehearsed, as though she were just repeating what she may have heard.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Tatum's immediate response served to completely stall Lance, in thought and in motion. He opened his mouth to say something in retort, but the only thing that could find its way out in that moment was an impromptu scoff of disbelief.

"Wh... I'm seventeen. I don't look that old, do I?" he questioned, hoping that it was just her child's perspective that was causing her to give that guess. Maybe she thought he was an adult because he dressed better than the average teen. Yeah, maybe that was it. Surely there was nothing else about him physically that could've led to that conclusion.

"What're you, like seven?" he retorted before he could catch himself, offense speaking before reason could identify that he was still talking to a child.

"Anyway, I dunno, I still think your mom's job sounds a lot more interesting. Although it sounds kinda scary in a way, too."

After all, from what the little girl was explaining, her mother basically studied the science of group consciousness and how to manipulate it, if he remembered his communications classes correctly. That sort of research could just as easily be used for all sorts of nefarious propaganda as it could for things like setting the latest fashion trends.

"There's my house right there," he informed, pointing down toward the end of the block. There stood a decidedly Colonial white and black house, close enough to the sidewalk to rob it of most of a front yard. What yard there could've been was crammed full of flowerbeds containing a rainbow of blooming flowers, all well-cared for and appropriate for the season. "You don't have to come in if you don't want to, but I might be a minute."

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:55 pm

"Well I can't help it!" she cried out, "you dressed so fancy, you obviously work out, so the first thing I thought was that you looked younger than you really were! I was gonna say you aged gracefully, even! And for the record, I'm ten, but that's not that far off so you still get the point!"

Ah, their destination was in sight.

And it was bright with color.

It was so bright and vibrant with color that Tatum wondered if it would create a reflective surface that would cause something to catch on fire!

"Hiiiissssss, the colors, they're too bright! Noooo, I can not! I shall melt into dust if I do! No, I must stay out here, for the sake of myself and the flowers!"

Besides, I did promise Selenus that I wouldn't go into other peoples properties anymore, and I meant it!
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 12:59 am

Lance chuckled sheepishly at Tatum's reaction to his mother's flower garden, giving a shrug.

"Yeah, sorry. Mom gardens in her spare time. Sometimes she gets a little carried away." he explained, clearing the front steps in a single bound and pausing at the door. "Suit yourself, though. I'll be right back."

With that, the teenager fished his keys from his pocket, opening the door and disappearing inside to a clamor of greetings and the faint sound of children's television in the background. It was only a few minutes for him to run upstairs to his room, toss his duffel bag on the bed, and change into athletic wear more suited for running.

He returned to Tatum's view after a quick goodbye and a very brief explanation of his mother regarding where he was going, which really meant a quick muttering of "hey mom going running" and closing the door before a proper response could be given. Locking the door and tucking the keys into the pockets of his shorts, he hopped back down the stairs to stand before Tatum again.

"Alright, do you want to start from here? I'll be nice and let you pick where we go. It's gotta be at least kinda far away though." he offered, crouching low to do a few stretches.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 pm

So I get to set the path, huh? she thought to herself. She knew this place inside and out, so she knew some of the best routes.

She was working with a handicap, though. Other peoples properties were off limits, after all.

"Hmmm... from here... to the garden path... to the swimming club... back to here. That sound good?" she said with a grin. She already worked out a path for herself. It should be a perfect loop with minimal effort involved. Plenty of time to leave him in the dust.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 pm

"A whole circuit, huh? Seems legit." Lance agreed, already plotting a course in his mind. He could already think of a few walls and fire escapes that would get him to the rooftops, though it was far from a straight shot. Getting vertical would cost him a little time, so if this kid took the low road like he thought she'd do, he'd have to put in twice the effort.

"I could go with that. First one back wins? You can go ahead and call it; get a headstart if you wanna." he mused, now fully ready to run.

Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 7:59 pm

"I'm going to be winning this by the barrels," She replied, "I don't need a head start. We'll start on three."

With that, she placed herself in the position she was most comfortable with for running. She waited patiently for him to do the same.

After waiting for about half a minute...

"Here goes... One... two..."

And she ran off, the little cheater! Already she was taking the low road, looking for her quickest access away from the main crowd. Normally the main roads would be faster, but as long as people were on there, she was just going to get slowed down. A small detour would only cost her perhaps a few precious seconds, but it'll be worth it to not have to be slowed down by what people may get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Lance Lane

Lance Lane

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 9:10 pm

"Heh."

In all honesty, Lance hadn't expected her to actually dart off before the count was finished. Still, the moment he registered she'd taken off, he did too. It was only a few paces before his long strides overcame hers, and once he was in motion his momentum carried him from there. It was only a few yards before he was up his first wall and onto the rooftops, scaling taller buildings and soaring across gaps on his way to the garden path. Compared to Tatum, it wouldn't take him long at all to reach it, and thus he decided to wait until she was at least within his sights again before he took off toward the swimming club.

That stretch was a bit harder given that there were more private properties in the way, but that just left him having to sprint the distances at ground level. Sprinting, though, was his specialty. Once he reached the club, he waited again, figuring that by now the girl's endurance was probably running low. Even if she was pretty exceptional for a kid, she was still a kid.

Once she was in his sights again he took off, and back through downtown was the easiest of the runs. The assortment of shops and public properties little more than a playground of wall climbs and daring leaps, and though his body was definitely starting to feel all the activity, he was in the zone. The world flowed with motion, and it just seemed like natural order the way he climbed up the fire escape behind the convenience store, darted across the roof, then leaped across the precipice onto the laundromat next door. It was probably an unnecessarily profound line of thought, but it made him feel powerful. Free.

As he drew closer to home and ground level he kept his eye out for Tatum, making sure she was nearby before making the final stretch. He wanted to beat her, but he knew better than to dominate her. That was just picking on a kid, and there was no honor in that.
Back to top Go down
TatumWaldie

TatumWaldie

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Looks like I have him in my dust! I can't even see him anymore! Wow, poor guy, maybe I should have gone easy on him. No honor basically leaving someone in the du- holy karp is that him up ahead?!

She did not expect him to be able to over take her so easily. It was both frightening and encouraging. She found herself pushing harder, just to try and keep up.

But alas, it was a fruitless cause. She was able to see how he did it. He took the high road, well out of the way of many properties that stood IN her way. It was infuriating as it was exciting.

In the end, she found a stretch that was all her turf. Downtown was a place she knew very well about. Her only issue was his choice of high ground, which easily gave him a road much less traveled. Even so, she was sure she could at least keep up here.

And at last, the home stretch, the finish line, the line he will clearly pass before she ever made it. To frankly, she didn't care. That was the furthest thing from her mind. She found someone who could run like the best of them. She found someone who could do things she herself was not able to do yet. She found someone who could make the impossible jumps that she herself could never do.

Though she would end up placing second in their race, the excited girl couldn't help but excitedly blurt out "YOU'RE A PRO BUILDING HOPPER YOU CAN TAKE THE HIGH ROADS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE TEACH MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

She then fell to the floor to catch her breath. Ironically, it was excitedly blurting that out that took the wind out of her, rather than the run itself (though to be fair the run did cause her to tax her muscles enough to require a good long break before she could consider running again.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Bird [Tatum]   Free Bird [Tatum] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Bird [Tatum]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next