Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

A Moment of Freedom [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shadow King

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Stephen paid for his food, then stepped off to find the two of them a table. His favorite spot was open, a booth over in the corner of the restaraunt, right next to the window. Outside the view wasn't the most incredible, but it looked out onto the main street from a nice angle of the plaza that showed the bustle of the town without the noise of cars and other traffic.

He waited for Hikaru to finish her order before waving her over, waiting until she seated herself to respond to her commentary.

"Eh, I dunno about better," he noted with an unsure tone, although the idea stroked his ego in just the right way. "I know some people who think it's silly to get a job while you're still in school. They say I'm too eager to be independent. I might be, I might not."

He shrugged, as if he really didn't give a care in the world whether he was or wasn't. And he didn't; if he was too eager to get out on his own, then those who thought so could blame his parents. They didn't exactly make him feel particularly wanted.

"Schoolwork can be hard on its own. The only reason I really even try to keep my grades up is because I need to have certain grades to be a paid tutor. It sort of helps that when I don't have any students to tutor I can sneak and do homework during my hours." he explained, glancing out of the window.

"Anyway, they should have our food out in a few mintues. They're usually pretty quick about it, and there doesn't seem to be a whole ton of people in this morning."

He looked around at the other tables, seeing that only three or four of the other tables were occupied with people at various stages of their meals.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerbs

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Hikaru seated herself across from Steven in the corner booth and her eyes fell upon the fast paced and bustling streets outside their booth's window. This city always surprised the teen with it constant energy and activity. There was rarely any relaxed moments in Endymion expect for probably in places like Sunlake Palms and even sometimes they were quite active to during certain periods. She tapped one of her fingers against the table as the boy responded to her own comments and the girl remained quiet.

'Hmm, some people couldn't wait for their kids to get a job or be involved in something. One of the steps of becoming a full fledged 'adult', I suppose. . . . What a simplistic way to think.' There were some kids at school who in fact did have a typical job for a somebody in high school. A coffee boy/girl, waiter, cashier and anything that was part-timer like. And, they still acted as if they haven't matured past middle school. Well, only some anyway. Generalizing wasn't too fair to other teens, but she hasn't seen them behave any differently yet.

'Well, that's a little funny. Okay, it isn't even that funny. This guy keeps up with school just to get cash. I bet most parents would have thought their kid was being 'sweet' and 'nice' for helping out troubled students. But, of course. It's not the case.' Some of the better students tried helping Hikaru at some points in a few classes. Unfortunately, their efforts would end with agitation and frustration. One of them even whispered the words 'stupid' and 'clueless' behind her back. Can some people really not wait? It irritated the girl how someone could call another person an idiot and immediately they do something dumb like that. The teen's eyebrows were a bit furrowed and her eyes slightly dazed as she occasionally looked out window.

Hikaru broke out of her distracting thoughts and said, "That's good. I can't wait too long. Hopefully, they're quick and then I gotta go to my club stuff." She said and rested her hands upon the table while stretching her neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow King

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:36 pm

As Steven spoke to this girl, Hikaru, he couldn't help but notice something. She seemed to be quite the introvert, keeping quiet for the most part and making what few sentences she did utter concise and to the point. He could respect that.

"What clubs do you participate in?" he asked idly, turning sideways so he could cross his legs across the booth. A thought occurred to him then, and there was a moment where he looked down at the table and frowned, unsure if he wanted to ask the question that presented itself. "Incidentally, an odd question, but do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?"

He hadn't wanted to ask the question so outright, but he couldn't think of a better way to phrase it. As he waited for a response he let his eyes wander, and just so happened to spot the waitress on her way with their meals. She had a few other table's worth of food on her tray first, though.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerbs

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 pm

"I work for the school paper actually. Unfortunately, we don't write about anything interesting." Hiakru answered and turned toward the window, staring at the coming traffic coming and going through Little Tokyo.

She slightly raised her eyebrow and thought, 'I've never particularly given thought about those things. I can't exactly say that I'm a follower. I stopped caring about the opinions of others a long time ago. But, . . .' The girl leaned against the booth and looked at the red-head, "I suppose I lead . . . However, it's only for myself. I don't expect others to follow what I do. In fact, I better than okay when people don't follow me." Honestly, she didn't have the best records to be telling people what to do best in situations and certain circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow King

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:11 am

The school paper, did she say? How interesting.

Someone like that could potentially have connections, both to potential scandals brewing in the school and to important students and faculty. Not that it meant anything to Steven; it wasn't like he would ever need that kind of "power."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. A lot of students know what's going on around campus thanks to the paper. That said, I can't say that I read it myself. Maybe I should pick it up sometime." he reasoned, his tone trailing to a mumble as he began talking more to himself than Hikaru.

He raised a brow at her answer to his other question, though, intrigued by her answer. He hadn't really considered the idea of just... existing. After all, humans were social creatures, and social creatures worked in groups. But humans were also unique in that they could get along on their own just fine, as long as they had the strength of will and integrity to do so.

"A lone wolf, huh? I get that, I guess. I'm kind of like that in a way, although I don't really try to be. I step on a lot of toes, usually, so people generally end up not liking me. Like the girl from earlier." he explained, refusing to address her as a woman until she acted like one. He shrugged, implying that he didn't really care about what others thought.

The truth was, that was really all that mattered.

After all, it was because Hikaru and the pale one both sided with him that the rocker chick got overwhelmed and stormed off. They understood his logic despite the toxic twist he tended to unintentionally put on everything, and decided they liked him better than the one that was behaving like an overgrown child throwing a tantrum. That was how the human social game worked, after all.

"Ah, there we go. Thanks."

His parade of somewhat sinister thoughts was halted by the arrival of the waitress, setting up her tray stand next to the table before divvying out the proper orders. He reached over to retrieve a pair of wooden chopsticks from the little container at the end of the table, breaking the thin bond that held them together before digging into his food. He wanted to continue the conversation, but first he had to quell the argument between his stomach and his rational thoughts.

"What did you mean when you said you were better than okay when people don't follow you?" he questioned, genuinely curious. Was she one of those people that were just prone to making bad life decisions? If so, she didn't seem to be. From what he knew, those people tended to end up being like the guitarist. Dark, edgy, with a woe-is-me sort of attitude, despite knowing at their core that it's their fault they got themselves into those kinds of messes.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerbs

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:41 pm

"Please, believe me . . . there really is nothing all that unique compared to the news you would get on TV. Maybe a twist or two here and there, but that's pretty much it." Hikaru spoke dismissively about the subject. I suppose if you've never had intimate knowledge of something, then you would probably feel attracted or at the very least slightly interested in it. After all, that's what led the girl to the 'news' business. Well, not so much with the reporting and all. She only had an interest in capturing things behind a lens. Anything that caught her eye got her full attention. And with that, she decided to join the School press to see other fascinating events unfold before her.

It turned out . . . there was literally nothing to brag or to even take seriously to be honest. It was possible that others got a better experience than her. Still though . . .

She a gave a slight nod to his response to the 'leader or follower' question. A little smile tugged her lips for a second until it formed back into a neutral line, "Well, you know some people . . ." The teen commented in a soft tone, though she didn't finish the sentence. Those 'some people' could be a reference to either the delinquent woman or the red-head. 'They honestly seemed like people who couldn't help themselves, but step on people's boundaries. Rather that be intentionally or not.' Hmm, that little heated session felt like a long time ago now based on what her stomach growls told. Why she ever got tangled up in such a obviously bad affair was anyone's guess.

"Oh, thank you, Miss."

The waitress handed out Hikaru's meal along with Steven's. The drooling and dryness in her mouth was sated as soon as the girl dove into her food. The sound of the boy's other question brought  her head from the half-eaten plate.

"Um," The teen cleared her throat and sat up straight, "I just can't see myself as someone that people should follow or ,you know, like a role model. Even though I'm not the worst of all, but I'm not the best either no matter how I look at it. Besides, perfection is so hard to find in people. I'll never understand why others feel the need to bother with that stuff."

There were so many kids at her school that were claimed to be exemplary individuals for the student body to follow. Couple of them were her classmates and a few were her tutors. However, they almost always had something that was less than stellar and more human. More on any normal person's level. I mean, a leader can't lead if the people don't consider him larger than life, can they?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow King

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am

Steven listened intently to Hikaru's explanation, actually quite interested in what she had to say. She was a strange but intriguing enigma to him, and frankly he couldn't help but be curious.

"Well, there is that saying that nobody's perfect. Still, it helps to be able to look up to people you want to be like, even if they are a little flawed. Something about ideals and looking at the possibilities for a stronger will..." he explained, trailing off to think and process another mouthful of food. "Personally I don't look up to any individual people because of the things you mentioned. Nobody's perfect. I do look up to the roles they might have, though. Public speakers, solo performers like comedians and mentalists--I really like those--and even CEOs, though I wouldn't touch the business world with a ten foot pole."

He gave a soft chuckle at the thought, though it did remind him that he was still pointedly avoiding his parents for the day. That quickly returned him to his usual seemingly-irritated demeanor.

"I guess what I'm saying is that it's not so much the person that matters but what they represent." he explained, then gave another sheepish laugh. "Although, maybe I just think about this stuff too much. I don't know."

Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerbs

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 am

"Hmm . . . I see," Hikaru said lightly and ate some her food while musing. Quite frankly, she never thought of people that way before. Looking up to people for what they represent and ideals rather than how 'infallible' they were or seemed. Rummaging through memory lane, she barely remembered if there were any definite role models in her life. Maybe there was a few of them, but do fictional characters really count for anything?

She had thought asking him about his particular aversion towards things that were business related. Those things sounded like the plague coming from him. However, that might be a bit too prying and especially when they were eating (and also just met).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow King

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Yesterday at 1:25 am

"Sorry, I ramble."

That whole sentence should've been "Sorry, I ramble when I'm stressed," but the teenager's pride sliced the admittance of weakness right out of the phrase. Besides, less words added less noise, and with how quiet Hikaru was without any sort of questioning towards her, Steven was starting to think she valued the silence and perhaps wasn't a fan of all of his inquiry. He didn't want to push away one of the few people he'd met his age who seemed to have their head screwed on at least halfway right.

There were all sorts of burning questions forming in his mind and tickling the tip of his tongue, but he refused to ask them unless she pursued the conversation without his prompt. If she desired it, they'd finish their meal in silence and go their separate ways; at least that way he could ensure he wasn't overbearing. He had deemed her worthy of keeping around, and thus the social game began to keep her an acquaintance on good terms. What a hassle.

Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Freedom [Open]   Today at 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down

A Moment of Freedom [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3