Welcome to the Challenge Zone.
Here, you will be pitted against powerful demons sorted by difficulty but with certain limitations attached during the battle in exchange for tickets. These come in 3 types:
1. Forbidden Action: Exactly what it sounds like, these events limit your selection of moves. To perform them is to lose instantly.
2. Turn Limit: Another term that means exactly what it does, you will have a certain amount of turns to defeat a demon.
3. Special: These are the rest of the challenges that don't fall into either category.
If you wish to participate, please put down the character's name, and links to their profile, persona, and compendium for your convenience. If you're doing it in a group, each person should also do the same. From there, state which challenge you would like to attempt, and I will create the thread for you to participate in.
The reward will be given to all people involved in each challenge.
Oh yes, and feel free to use ammo as you wish. It will be replenished at the end of the task.
Outside items are forbidden, and you will be given a set amount of VC to spend on each challenge on items. You cannot purchase more than one skill card though.
The VC given on each difficulty is, as follows:
Risky and Class-specific challenges: 90,000
When you wish to complete a task, please post here.
Once a task has been completed, a list of people that have completed it will be listed, as well as how long it took to beat the demon.
Others can do it for the reward for that task if they can do it faster.
The demons here are non-negotiatable, but some of they may still talk to you and ask questions. Be careful of how you answer for some of them.
The tasks come in 4 categories, organized by difficulty and reward: Normal (20 tickets), Hard (30 tickets), Risky (40 tickets), and class-only (Reward is 50 tickets). Anyone can do the first 4. Only people of certain classes may attempt the 4th as well.
By the way, some tasks may also drop novelty items commemorating their completion. They are listed below:
Anyway, the current task list is, as follows:
1. Defeat the enemy within 15 turns.
2. Defeat the enemy with a light or dark attack.
3. Defeat the enemy with a soulbound attack.
4. Defeat the enemy with a fusion spell.
1. Defeat the enemy within 10 turns.
2. Defeat the enemy without using physical attacks.
3. Defeat the enemy without using AoE attacks.
4. Attack with your soulbound only.
1. Defeat the enemy within 6 turns. Novelty Reward: Nuclear Power Cell.
2. Defeat the enemy without using debuts. Novelty Reward: Red Capote.
3. Defeat the enemy without letting a single party member become knocked out. (Must be done with at least two people). Novelty Reward: Blues Badge.
4. Defeat the enemy using only physical attacks. Novelty Reward: Commandant's Mask. DONE! Completed By Selenus in (10) turns.
The following challenges are for Wild Cards only. Ones from Eurasia and Azores will use the Azores Compendium, Ueitawa and Endymion may use the Endymion compendium, both with all their personas. Below are the challenges, and the build you will be allowed. (As well as their descriptions).
Maxed out Initial: Defeat the Demon Detective.
Maxed out Prime: Defeat he who hunts monsters. Reward: Replica set of Dante's original DmC Ebony and Ivory, as well as a replica of Rebellion, his sword. Attempts: 1.
SPECIAL: Requires Two PWC's with Maxed Mutated/Prime respectively: Defeat the legends of Nocturne.
The following challenges are NWC only. The NWC's are to use the new Red Masque Persona Compendium for all of these challenges:
Maxed Tainted: Win a fight against a being of constant change.
Mutated: Conquer a being that has been around since the most ancient of times.
SPECIAL: 2 NWC's required: Defeat the judge of all evil.
For the ASSW's, these challenges are for you only:
Maxed out initial: Take on a dog and it's master.
Maxed out Prime: Take on a Master Electrocutioner.
Maxed out Ultimate: Take on the moving furnace and the moving grinder.
SPECIAL: Requires 4 ASSW's, maxed out Ultimate, defeat the whole Recall Squad.
The following challenges are for Forgotten only:
Maxed Out Demon Weapon: Defeat the ghosts of past lives.
SPECIAL: Requires 4 forgotten. Maxed out Demon Weapon: Defeat a being of ancient power, and make your names remembered.
The Following challenges are Cadet-only:
1. Maxed out Tainted: Survive Demonic Justice. Novelty Item Reward: The Jack Frost Plushie Collection (Contains plushy replicas of all the members of the Jack Frost Family). Cleared by Masako Mitsurugi.
2. Maxed out Mutated: Defeat a modern-day horseman of the apocalypse.
3. SPECIAL: Four NC's required, all have maxed Mutated: Survive 6 turns, then defeat the king of all things weird.
The following challenges are Rogues only:
1. Maxed Artificial Persona: Defeat a master chemist and get the high of a lifetime.
2. SPECIAL: 4 Rogues required, all have maxed artificial personas: Defeat the root of all Greed.
The Following Challenges are Shadow Self Only:
1. Maxed out True Self: Survive the night's hunt.
2. Reverse Persona: Defeat that of which is hidden in the dark.
3. SPECIAL: 4 Maxed shadow selves with a reverse persona required: Conquer the strongest opponents you can fight, and truly become your own self.
HALLOWEEN Challenges: These have no relation to the Halloween Event other than in terms of theme. That's all.
These challenges are:
1. Maxed Initial: Defeat the Pumpkin Prankster in 10 turns or less.
2. Maxed Prime: Light a Fire in the Night... or be buried in it's darkness.
3. Maxed Ultimate: Send a horseman to hell.
4. SPECIAL: 4 PU's with Maxed Ultimates: Kill the King of Pumpkins.
1. Maxed Tainted:
2. Maxed Mutated:
3. SPECIAL: 4 Cadets with Maxed Mutated:
1. Maxed Artificial Persona: End the Suffering of a Entombed Experiment.
2. SPECIAL: 4 Maxed Artificial Personas: Defeat the Nemesis of all things Living.
1. Maxed Forgotten: Give the judge of all evil a bad time.
2. SPECIAL: 4 Maxed Forgotten: Defeat that of which is neither dead or alive, but rather simply forgotten by all of space and time.
1. Maxed demon: Prove to the world that there truly are such things as monsters.
2. SPECIAL: 4 Maxed Demons required: Defeat the biggest monsters of them all: Humans.
The Template can be found below here:
- Demon Class Template:
-REST IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION-
Note: Feel free to also post suggestions as to challenges. Those who do make ones that I select will be given a free chance to participate in them for the same reward as the difficulty they suggested it to be. All Challenge attempts will be made on separate threads.