Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Telos

Telos

This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): Empty
PostSubject: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:58 pm

"Takeru... why do you insist on playing such songs on a piano of all things?" Twelve snarked.
Today, Takeru was playing songs from a well-known pre-divide band called 'The Police', specifically, songs from their album, "Ghost in the Machine". Now, under normal circumstances, he would never play this in a public place (especially not with the door unlocked). But with how people never really seemed to come here unless by chance, and except for him, this place was usually empty...
Well, it really wasn't a problem.
"Any requests?" He asked twelve, already knowing he was going to ask for Bethoven's 5th symphony.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:16 am

Kasumi rifled through the stack of forms she'd just completed, making sure that every blank had been filled in. Some of the higher-ups in the Student Government had decided that the club had earned itself a celebration for a thus far successful school year. After brief meeting -and a briefer vote- it had been decided that the club would have a karaoke party. Kasumi, as usual, had volunteered to take care of the legwork of reserving enough tables to seat everyone the following weekend.

She walked up to the check-in counter and handed the forms over to the bored looking high school student that had been tasked with watching over the deserted bar. The girl took the forms with a roll of her eyes an a practically inaudible scoff before returning her full attention to her phone.

Kasumi bit back her sharp response to being brushed off; opting instead to turn and walk briskly out of Story Karaoke. This had been her only job for the day. Normally, she would go to the library to study when her club duties had been completed. It was a bit of a walk back to school, but her last trig test had come back a 62; if she scored much lower on the next one she could very well begin to fail the class. She'd convinced herself that returning to the library to study was in fact the only thing she could do when the sound of a piano being played reached her ears.

She wasn't a music aficionado by any stretch of the word, but she was pretty sure it was "Invisible Sun."  It was hard to tell without the smooth English lyrics overlaying the tune (and the fact that it was being covered with a piano was strange in and of itself) but she would almost bet that was the song being played.

Kasumi followed the music to where it was drifting through a door that led into the Concert Hall. She pressed her ear against wood-grain finish of the slab and listened. Even after listening to the song in its entirety, there was part of her that still doubted that the song being played was actually "Invisible Sun." She knew that it would bother her for days if she didn't find out for sure. So, with a soft sigh, she rapped her knuckles against the wood.

"Hello? Can I come in?"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 am

"Hm? Yeah, door's unlocked!" Takeru shouted once he had finished playing. From there, he started playing 'Spirits in the Material World'. He didn't stop again to greet his guest till he was done.
"Okay. So who're you? I'm Takeru. Takeru Kagemaru." He asked his guest.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:10 am

Kasumi entered the room at the invitation of a male voice. Before she could speak, he began playing another song that Kasumi immediately recognized as "Spirits in the Material World." She laughed quietly, one hand rising to cover her mouth. He had been playing The Police.

She smiled, watching his fingers dance across the keys. The boy looked to be around her age, but she'd never seen him around the school. She wasn't exactly a social butterfly, though, so it was entirely possible that he attended Seven Stars Academy and she simply hadn't seen him.

"Kasumi," she said in response to the musician's introduction. "Kasumi Saito. I'm sorry to bother you, but I heard you playing from out in the hall." She grinned, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. "Um... Ghost in the Machine is one of my favorite albums... Could you play 'Demolition Man?'"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 1:48 pm

"It's okay, Kasumi. People seem to be coming in here lately all the time. And yes, I can." He said, cracking his knuckles first, and then he began to once again play the song she had requested. This time, he redoubled his focus and at that point began to play with the same focus as before. When he stopped, he turned to her.
"How was that, Kasumi? Does that meet up to your expectations?" He asked her, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Kasumi returned his smile, nodding. "Definitely! That was really good!" She looked around the room, admiring the decor as she walked over to the piano and its player. "I'm surprised to find another person with an interest in English rock." She laughed, "I only know about them myself because I got distracted while searching for information on the police academy a few months ago. Google and its keywords, huh? I wound up listening to their albums all night and fell asleep during a history test the next day." Kasumi blushed, running a hand through her hair. "The professor didn't seem to care that I'd made the musical discovery of the decade. I got detention for a week on top of my zero." Laughing again, she added, "It was worth it, though."
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Telos couldn't help but laugh at the story. He had had similar experiences with such things...
"Yeah, well... I don't typically play this sort of thing, but... well... today I felt like doing so, so I figured I would." Takeru responded, slightly blushing.

"Well then.... any other requests? I'll be here for a while, so... yeah." Takeru responded.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Kasumi looked around for a bit until she found a stool that had been shoved into the corner of the stage. She pulled it over to the piano bench sat down. She flapped her wrist dismissively, "Nah, surprise me." The redhead grinned, pointing a thumb at her chest. "I've got a good ear, I bet ya a Dr. Salt that I can name the song you play. But I warn you, you aren't gonna beat me with the Police!"
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 2:49 pm

"Fine. I'll take you up on that challenge. If you can name it.. then yeah, i'll get you one. Prepare to be amazed!... and have some money equating to the cost of a Dr. Salt out as well." Takeru added, cracking his knuckles once more, he began to play...
"... well. Of all the... aren't you a cheeky little dastard?" Twelve remarked as Takeru began playing Twelve's theme 'A Good Man?' From Doctor Who."
Once he was done, he turned towards her again.

"Okay. Guess now." He said, confident she wouldn't know this one.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Kasumi chewed her bottom lip, glaring at the piano as Takeru played. Where had she heard this song before? She'd heard it before, she knew, but where she'd heard it was anyone's guess. It had a completely different tone then the songs he'd played so far, but he was pulling the music from the keys with the same practiced ease as before. More than once she caught herself tapping her foot to the beat.

Every now and then she would feel an inkling of the songs identity rise in her mind, but it always slipped away before she could put a name to the tune. She shifted her glare to Takeru when he told her to guess.

The stool creaked as she hopped off and turned her back on the pianist and his instrument. After a few moments she finally sighed in annoyance and turned around. "It's by Murray Gold," she said, crossing her arms over her chest, "But I have no idea which song it is. Looks like you win."
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Takeru mentally rejoiced.
"Wow. Not bad. That was 'A Good Man' by the artist in question. Frankly,  I'm impressed.  Most can't even identify that much." He said, impressed.
"But now... time to collect on what I'm owed. One Dr. Salt, please." He said, gesturing for the money they had bet on.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:44 pm

**Sorry for the disappearance! Internet went down! D:**

"Yeah, yeah," Kasumi muttered, rolling her eyes as she unshouldered her backpack. She fished two 100 Yen coins out of her bag and slapped them into his hand, a sour expression on her face. "Keep the change, ya filthy animal," she said, doing her best Ralph Foody impression. Then she smiled, shrugging. "Sorry, that was a pretty sad attempt, huh? My English is terrible."
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Takeru smiled also at the imitation attempt.
"Yeah, that was. I should know. English is my best subject. I'm damn good at it, if I do so say myself." He said, pocketing the coins for later.
"So... what next? You wanna hang out somewhere else? I can certainly think of better places to talk than here." He said half-jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Saito

Kasumi Saito

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Nodding, Kasumi slipped her arms through the straps of her backpack. "You've officially shot holes all in my study plans, so why not? Lead the way." She paused, then added, "I meant to ask, do you go to Seven Stars Academy? I haven't seen you around."
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Takeru nodded, and began to walk off as he answered her question.
"I do. I just tend to... not always be seen." He said, thinking how best to word it. He had a tendency to be there at a lot of events, but only simply as a spectator, never at the center.
Same applied to school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):   This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi): Empty

Back to top Go down

This Player Plays (Takeru and Kasumi):
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next