Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
City boy [Gray] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
City boy [Gray] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
City boy [Gray] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
City boy [Gray] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
City boy [Gray] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
City boy [Gray] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
City boy [Gray] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

City boy [Gray]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Vista square, the city that never sleeps has mentioned this as the technological side of Endymion. Gabe just came from the cafe and decided to enjoy a little bit of coffee outside, not necessarily planning much of anything today. However, he would have hoped to make the day alot more productive this time around. "Hmm, i wonder whats on the news?" Gabe would say as he turned a page of the newspaper he previously purchased. Some would say that newspapers are a bit old school, but Gabe was still fond of them. "ahh!!" Though, his newspaper seemed to be taken away by the wind, which made Gabe run after it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Man, this place could be really headache inducing. At times, Gray wondered just how do some people live here, having to spend entire days in this busy dump. No offense to anyone, but constant action and people buzzing around gets pretty tiring after a while. It made him glad that he only visited this place occasionally, usually when he needed to either get something, or look up some stuff since it was more likely to get up to date info in a busy district like this one. The one good thing about their existence, maybe?

Wandering thoughts aside, he was currently in the middle of passing through a street. At least, until he got promptly stopped by a newspaper flying into the back of his head. ''....?'' Reaching to grab the offending piece of paper, he would frown slightly. ''What is...?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Sir, that seems to be my newspaper!" Gabriel would say after a bit of running, panting and bending over for a quick moment. Though, after he looked up, he noticed that it was the man that he met some time ago at the lake when Gabe was getting ready to do some fishing. "Gray? Is that you?" Gabe would say as he took the newspaper from him. "What an unexpected suprise, you have up the vibe of a dweller of the country side, enjoying the peace and quiet. Who would of thought that you turned out to be a city boy. " Gabe would say, really relishing chance meetings like this, they were random and exciting in a way.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 4:29 pm

At first, Gray was about to inspect the newspaper but hearing a voice right beside him made him turn his head to the newcomer. ''Hm?'' Ah, right. It was a bit windy today, wasn't it? Maybe it wasn't the best idea to walk around with pieces of paper in your hands. He would blink, giving the other an amused smile once he was called out. ''It would seem that it is me, yes.'' Interesting. It wasn't often he would run into someone he only met recently this soon. ''I'm not. Not really. I usually do prefer the quiet, but it's not the wisest to be a caveman either. As much as I don't fancy being turned into a human sandwich in crowded places, it's the best way to be updated on things.'' That's how it works with people, doesn't it? ''You should probably be more careful with carrying papers outside when the wind is blowing though. You're lucky it didn't get completely lost around here.'' Or landed into something nasty. ''Since you were already saying, however, do you consider yourself to be a city boy?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 4:45 pm

"YEs, but Gray, my Friend, this is life/ "Gabe would say as he looked around. "The streets are brimming with life, people talking, chatting walking. Not those with the most graceful of attitudes, but everyone is different and we don't judge them fro that, right? I personally like to be here because it stands as a good representation of an area being full of life at all times, even at night. People watching is interesting sometimes. "

Gabe would then roll up the newspaper. "Ahh, it would suck to pay two more dollars just to read the Endymion Times. They are going up in price you know? The price of information goes up every once in a while, but freedom of the press my good man! That is something that isn't censored by technology, good ol fashioned journalism, the power of the pen. Real news, not that pop culture of whose the top idol dating or anything. " Gabe pushed his glasses up and realized that he went up on a tangent. "My apologizes, i gone off track. But nevertheless, i think the fast life of the city chooses people, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Life...? Brown eyes would narrow slightly as he glanced around the place. Or at least as much of it as he could see from his current standpoint. ''There...is a lot of life in these kinds of places, yes. But for the most part, aren't they all just faceless? Within such crowds, you know basically no one. You can't really focus on every person and every life when it's so full, so what makes it as great as you say? You can be alone when in a crowd too. All it takes is you not knowing anyone around you and you're pretty much lost.'' People watching can be interesting, but there is only so much interest to be had in complete strangers that are buzzing in your field of vision. 99% of them, you may never see again and will likely forget that you have even watched them to begin with...

He would put his hand to his chin in thought. ''Is two dollars really all that much? Compared to all the other expensive items, I think that's still a good trade off if you're truly interested in that kind of information.'' Even most food cost more than that, and food is something you actually need to buy no matter what. ''Although, even a journalist could write something fake. You can trust little in this modern world. Everything can be altered to keep the masses calm.'' All you end up seeing are the letters on the paper you bought. It doesn't tell you how truthful a report actually is. He would shake his head slightly. ''I don't mind. It isn't like I'm busy right now. Also, are you implying that the city is capable of conscious thought and decisions?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:08 pm

I dont really have a response to that, i dont know them but it doesn't mean that i cant enjoy being around them or watching them live their everyday lives. IT might sound crazy, but people in this world are doing things that we could only dream of, basically because of different careers and whatnot. So its fun to watch in my perspective. Besides, i'm hardly the kind of person to feel alone, im merely used to being independent, which is why being around people is seen as a luxury to me, even though humans are social creatures at best.

Gabe then laughed. "Hey, i make quite a bit of coin, but my savings account is my greatest achievement. I like to save money, never know when i'll be needing it. "Other than that. "Thats why i stay away from the gossip column, journalism has a sense of integrity, nothing but the facts. Once something is more tabloid based but passed off as real information, it discredits the journalist and nobody will read their material anymore.

Gabe then took a deep breath. "Not sure actually? how strong are the voices of this city? How strong are their will? I have yet to see even a peaceful protest or open activist group. In the old world, that was accepted as a right of free speech. Now peaceful protesters are being labeled as terrorists, what happened to us? Ever thought about that? Just curious...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 pm

''You can watch, but you can't do. People having their differences is a given, I would assume that much anyone would be aware of. What makes someone interesting enough to be a subject to examination, really? Perhaps it is that you find fun in observing everyday matters easily, but I would say that at a certain point, everything normal starts to seem a little bland. Can a random crowd of people offer you something unique just like that?'' Different careers and all are a thing, but in the end it's still limited to just a pool of choices. Which you don't even get to interact with much if your main goal is simply watching their everyday lives and kind of existing somewhere in midst of them.

He would almost smirk faintly. ''I'm sure saving two extra dollars is going to make your future better.'' Maybe if it was a multiple time thing? But it's not like you lose your newspaper everyday or such. Unless they were about to discuss not buying them at all. ''Ah the fabled gossip. Even then, no one can say that the facts you speak of have never been tampered with. A normal civilian doesn't really have a real proof for anything like that.'' Speaking of which, wasn't Endymion pretty strictly ruled by the Queen and all? If she decided to make things a certain way, wouldn't it just happen so without a regard to what is the actual truth? It's hard to say. The one who rules always has more power than anyone else.

''Well...to each their own? Can you claim that every protester is peaceful? We can't see everything that is happening in every corner of the city. Perhaps the label is based on those that are less adaptable and is used as a general term. To be honest though, it is not something I ever bothered really looking into. People and their motives are always hard to discern. I would say that protests are not welcome in lieu of wanting peace and no conflict, but I don't know. Never seen anyone being actually shut down for saying an opinion yet, and I can't say whether they do try or not.'' There was no way people did not have any opinion on things that went on. But, he had never really faced any serious ruckus so it was rather unclear as to how these things were usually solved around here.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 am

"No, but noral seems alot more appealing to you when you live an abnormal life, right? I mean, for those who do, they see the world alot differenly. "
Gabe was refrencing being a terrorist, but of course, Gray wouldnt know about that. "Well, i want my two dolor crumpets and coffee at the coffe shop. They come in a combo from 8 to 12, to some people, a good cup of coffee is life and death. "Ok maybe he was overexaggerating. "Well, yead...to each his own then. i was just speaking in lieu of somethign like that actually happening, and how it would be handled. Though... what brings you here today?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 3:55 pm

''I'm more inclined to think it's personal preference. My life was hardly ever very normal, and I don't find myself more attracted to the common things due to it. Maybe it depends on the kind of abnormal one has in mind though.'' And perhaps at some point you can just get used to the weird so much that normal simply isn't very exciting anymore. Of course, it all comes down to the kind of person you are in the first place anyway. ''Good on them. Sounds like an easy life if all that you need to keep going is coffee.'' Doesn't coffee actually cost more than that..? Well, he wasn't sure about that either way. ''Well, I'm no police guard or anything, so I have no idea how would they handle it...'' Not like he would even really want to be under normal circumistances. ''Nothing specific I suppose. I just wanted to see if anything new is going on, since it's not often that I come around to such crowded places just because.'', he would shrug lightly. Maybe he could just find something to do on the way, if.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Nothing new, but i was sitting at that cafe i mentioned not too long ago. And the price is unbelievable because the snack is half the size of your hand, and it's a small cup of coffee. anything that was supposed to be a regular size or a bigger size, you could forget about it. :It was still nice to have a little something in the morning to start your day with. " So what's your story then what made your life so abnormal? If you don't mind me asking? " If he doesn't explain, then that's alright too, Gabe just wanted to figure out what he meant. "There is always something going on, thats what being apart of the city is all about.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 5:41 pm

''You sound awfully interested in coffee if you go as far as finding a place which sells XS versions.'' Not that it was any bad, but it's not like he saw the need to make odes about it either. Besides, it's usually just about the same, no matter where you go buy one. It's not all that interesting in retrospect. He would tilt his head slightly, observing the guy thoughtfully for a moment. ''Funny how you are asking me for details even though you were the one to bring the whole abnormal idea up in the first place. Maybe I should be asking you as well...'', he would trail off, turning his gaze towards the nearby crowds for a moment before looking back. What to say to this? It wasn't really something that was wise to talk about just like that. Then again, for the moment he was amused enough to say at least something. ''Either way, what you're asking for isn't exactly a story I tell for free. But I'm in a fairly good mood today, so I'll let you know a thing. I like making friends with demons.'' That didn't really say all that much, but it would perhaps be entertaining to see what kind of reaction would he get for it. ''Well, if nothing ever went on, it would mean we aren't really living, wouldn't it..?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 6:09 pm

"Sure, i'll tell you how my life is abnormal, and then you could do the same for me. Is that something that you would like to agree on? A gentleman always keeps his word, if i must say, honor bound. In the olden times, with knights and leaders, those old times that Shakespeare speaks of, all they ever had, a worth far more valuable than gold, was their reputation. Isn't that admirable?"

When gray mentioned demons, Gabe would nod his head. "That would also mean that you could see them. I haven't seen them since the five years incident to be completely honest with you. Guess that doesn't make me too special. "Of course, the decision to feign ignorance was something that gabe stood by. "For me, i was terminally i'll, stayed indoors, my recovery from that illness was 16, so i didn't necessarily have too much of an interaction with other people that weren't my parents untill i was 17. Some luck right? The great divide happened that year and i had to fend for myself.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Listening to the suggestion, Gray would offer a momentary wry smile. ''You pose a hard question, you know? The modern times are hardly anything like what the past used to be. People are willing to lie easily, no matter what they have promised beforehand. Real honor is a hard catch to find nowadays. Assuming I do agree, is there even a way to prove the truth?'' If it was a tale that mattered enough to need proving, that is. Though, with how the guy was asking for exchanges, maybe it actually did.

He would shrug mildly. ''I think so. I chose to not get involved in the incident five years ago personally, so for me it's been longer than that. I used to interact with demons further in the past. I did hear rumors that they exist around here as well, but I haven't had the luck of seeing one just yet, so there's not much to say.'' At least, he did not think he had actually seen any here so far. Unless they were disguised as humans, in which case too bad. ''Bad luck, hm? Well, you seem to be doing fine now, so perhaps you are actually lucky since you're alive still.'' Which was it in the end..?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:35 pm

No, there isn't, not without a lie detector test. But there has been studies that true sociopath have the ability to skillfully lie under those tests, so not even those kind of tests are accurate. Though, i wouldn't know about it, i don't know the secret. " Who really knew the secret to that anyway? "Well, im sorry if it seems like im prying a little further than i should. But you make it sound as if interacting with demons was apart of everyday life, what was it like back then? Peaceful? You know, im writing a book pretty soon, and id like to find some good material on it. " Other than that." To each his own, im still looking for them, my family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

City boy [Gray] Empty
PostSubject: Re: City boy [Gray]   City boy [Gray] Empty

Back to top Go down

City boy [Gray]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next