Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] Empty
PostSubject: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 1:01 pm

Today was the promised day that Gabe was supposed to spend with Ryu. They were supposed to perhaps work out and do some things bright and early at the martial arts dojo that Ryu trains in. Gabe wasn’t too sure exactly what to wear or bring, so he mostly had his gym equipment and was wearing a light undershirt with some sweats. Other than that, it was a basic pair of sneakers. “hmmm..” Gabe sent Ryu a text as he waited for his companion to show up, wondering how this was going to turn out in the end. Either way, Gabe was expecting to have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:04 am

It was to Liam's surprise that Gabe kept his promise to show up at his dojo to train a little bit. He wasn't really expecting him to get up really early to spar and know more about what he did in almost all of his free time, so he was pleased to see his message when he got to his phone as he had already began stretching to start his training. He was dressed in his usual Kung fu uniform and his hair tied up, very similar to the first time they met. He directed himself to the place Gabe was, smiling a little as he saw the onter one. ~ Hey man, good timing! I was about to start. C'mon in! ~
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 am

Very well then... " Gabe would say as he walked in when he peeked his head in. Looking at the martial arts garb, Gabe would wonder about the attire he was wearing himself. "Not too sure if i'm the one that's not dressed appropirately, am i? " Gabe would then take off his sneakers, figuring that he would have to be barefooted or something of the sort. "Is this better now? I'm ready to get started with the workouts if you are Ryu
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 2:20 am

Liam laughed a little bit before making way for Gabe to get in. ~ If this helps, I have an extra one, you can grab it if you fell more comfortable wearing something more appropriate. ~ He would wait to see if he wanted to change and show him the way to the lockers so he could do that, waiting for him to change into it and after it he would lead on ahead getting to the common training grounds of the dojo where some people were already sparring. ~Wanna go over the basics or do you want to tackle something specific, man? ~
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 7:33 pm

An extra pair of those martial arts Gi's that the martial artists use in practice? Do you have my size?" Gabe would say as he grabbed the Gi and prepared to change into it. After he got into the white robe, he would tie the rope like belt tightly over his waist. "It will have to do....." Gabe then took his glasses off and  placed them on a nearby table. "Alright, we can go over the basics first. I don't want to pretend i know what i'm doing and endanger everyone in the process.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 1:14 am

~ Sorry about that, I didn't think we were the same size anyways but it's something, right? ~ He scratched his head about the over sized gi. He didn't thought about the other's body proportions or how he looked as a whole and that stuck on his mind for a while as he began to instruct him. ~ Let's go over the basics, yeah. Then we will pick up from there. ~ He did noticed as they warmed up and go over the most basic movements that the man getting his directions was really fit and had good overall notions about what they were doing.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 5:25 pm

"Right..." Gabe would say as he copied and imitated the man, wondering what exactly this was helping with. "So i don't think i questioned your morning rituals for karate training too much, but what exactly does this help with?" Gabe wasn't the type to pretend to know anything, if he didn't know he didn't know. " So far , the only think i can guess is...cardio of some sort? I would need you to explain since you would have all the answers apparently.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Liam paused for a moment, smiling to the other as he reached for a wooden sword nearby while he was talking. ~ Eh, I don't know for sure. I've always trained to take my mind off of things or organize it, so... yeah. ~ He said while doing some slashes into the air, mind obviously wandering for a moment. ~ It's good for self-defense, though, y'know. Kung Fu it's more like a part of my life now, though. ~
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 10:44 pm

"A.....ahh......hmm....." Gabe would think as he looked at the wooden sword. "Let me try..." Gabe would say as he picked up the wooden sword and started to wave it around. "In some cases, birth by fire actually has a meaning  in the growth of mankind. Basically jumping into things headfirst, none usually come unscathed, but coming out whole is basically a pavement to the future. " Gabe then figured that he was being confusing and pointed his sword at Ryu. Let's train this way, i think i'll get the hang of it or understand somewhat of the basics of martial arts sword combat by sparring with you in such a way. 
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 1:17 am

~ Oh, you wanna give it a go? ~  Liam giggled a little bit before getting another wooden sword for himself. Not that he doubted Gabe and his prowess for learning by practicing, it's just that his looks were much more suited for something like an office setting. ~ Okay then, come at me. ~ he would say, getting on his personal fighting position, not really going full on serious but being pretty observant of how the other would act.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Gabe brought the wooden sword up and then made a front swing at Liam's sword. It wasn't basically directed to Liam of any kind of way to avoid hurting his friend, but it was a regular front swing towards the middle of his blade.  Gabe was trying to keep this as simple as possible.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:32 pm

He defended the hit with ease, stopping it with his blade. ~ Okay, good hit but I could counter attack you too easily, you guard is open. ~ He would circle around his friend before continuing on with the little spar giving him instructions, on how to achieve a better posture, where to hit without letting his guard down and how his sword slash could have more impact next time. ~ Okay, now hit me again! ~
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 1:51 am

My posture was wrong?" Gabe would say as he tried to adjust himself a little more upwards and swung the wooden sword at open air. "hmm..." After that, he would give it another try as he moved towards Ryu. "Hiya!" It was the same swing as before, but he at least kept his posture upright and didn't slouch on his swing this time. "How was that ?" He wasn't sure if he was getting it or not, So Gabe appreciated the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 2:52 pm

~ Not by much, but it was. The details matter a lot in a battle, you see... ~ The diference on his behavior was noticeable when he was in this setting. His vision was more focused on what they were doing and he seemed more serious and determined to teach Gabe what he needed to do but not in a stern way. He blocked the attack quite effortlessly, but still had a little smile on his lips ~ This was much better, but still... You know what? ~ Liam suddenly changed his posture and prepared himself. ~ Get ready and try to block my next attack, but pay attention on how I do it ya? ~ As soon as the other agreed, he would attack him swiftly and precisely aiming for his sword, not to hurt him but to give a visual example on what he would be doing.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:57 am

Wow, it really does seem that Liam takes the practice of martial arts very seriously. Though, even though  Liam was alot more skilled in the acts of combat, Gabe was still diligent in his desire to learn from him. " Woah!" Gabe would say as he blocked an attack from Liam. It wasn't meant to hurt gabe, but he honestly felt the power behind the blow, and it made his leg quiver just a little bit."Yes, i can see such a big difference in power between us.  Was you a samurai in another life?" Gabe said jokingly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]   Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu] Empty

Back to top Go down

Everybody loves kung-fu fighting [ryu]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next