Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Subdual Unit Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Danielle blinked when she noticed the odd symbols covering her vision... Had they found it? she had been right in trusting her instincts! Now, they would probably need to confront Helen regarding the Backup Files, if she indeed had them on her... But first, as she promised, Danielle contacted Beep 2.0 through the new abilities from her suit. "Beep! We found the Backup files. They're at the Glowing Leech, along with a woman named Helen... We'll meet you there." And with that, Danielle ceased the call, only to look at her comrades. "Well, there's no time to waste. Let's get moving." She would then turn and head towards the Glowing Leech, along with her allies. Along the way, Danielle looked at Oki. "So... what's this Helen like? Will we need to resort to violence, or will she give us the backup files?" She wanted to be prepared for anything, and right now, if Helen resisted, The Wild Card would resort to violence... A whole slew of worlds were at stake here, along with billions if not trillions of lives, and as such, she couldn't just let this one woman jeapordize it all... Not that she really wanted to fight her, but she would do so without hesitation if needed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:33 pm

Oki would remain a bit troubled by this whole thing as it bit the thumb of its glove. It was kind of nervous about what this meant. On one hand it was thrilled to see the woman alive and well, but on the other it had a gnawing sensation in its belly that told it that if they were to face Helen...it wouldn’t be such a happy reunion. After all, if Beep who was computer program could not remember the very thing she had gotten in trouble two years ago and those other worlds seemed so broken...then what was the likelihood of Helen actually remembering it? And if she couldn’t remember it...then would that make her become like she was before they had known each other?

That thought alone was enough to make Oki’s stomach twists in ways the creature had forgotten it could twist in. It did not want Helen as an enemy...not again….

“Hm?” Oki would pull itself out of its troubled thoughts as it looked up at Danielle with a semi-dazed look. It heard her words and for a moment did not respond back. It wasn’t sure how much it wanted to tell her of its past at the moment, so it remained quiet for a bit as it looked off to the side. “....”

In that silence, their leader made another decision. They were going to the Glowing Leech…

This was becoming laughable for the being. So much like before...So similar...until the distraction came. That data that ran across its vision? Yeah that was something new and yet instead of flipping out, the being would accept the odd function as normal as it understood that whatever its body was doing it was directing them to the next step they should take. It wasn’t sure if Helen had the back-up files as Danielle stated, but perhaps she and the Glowing Leech had something they needed to finally unlock the door to wherever the files were hidden.

Regardless it seemed seeing Helen had settled where they were going as Danielle relayed the message to Beep and then looking at the group pretty much gave the command to move out. Oki would follow behind, kind of lost in its own world of turmoil when it was pulled out of the mess by a voice next to it. Looking over at the source, it would find itself meeting the blue (green?) eyes of Danielle. As she asked her questions, the look she would receive was a blank one at first that hide a lot of what was going on underneath. Then blinking the being would look away.

“Lady Helen is a confident and respectable woman who worked pretty hard to keep the world this place is part of safe,” Oki would say keeping it rather general as they continued to walk. When it came to the matter of the files, the creature would bow its head causing its hat and hair to shadow its face as its naturally high collar hide the expression on its face.

“We do not know what she may or may not do, but...I request you do not use violence to get what you desire. Stubborn or not, I am pretty sure she can be negotiated with without the use of such methods,” the creature would say its tones serious as it used proper speech for the first since it met the others. Outside of this bit of information, the creature would not say much more. It seemed that the discovery of Helen had done something to the creature, but whether this something was good or bad in the long run was unknown for the time being as the creature simply followed along going back to its own thoughts unless spoken to directly again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm

"Oooooooooooh! On it!" Was all the group heard as they made their way into the club. When they made it inside, a strange site awaited them. Large pod-like machines circles what appeared to be a spire machine that stood in the corner of the club, which inside looked well, far run down.

The woman was in the center, fiddling with the strange computer screen on the machine, while Beep was already there looking around at the pods. Beep noticed and waved with relief on her face, but went back to her work to see if she could find the problem, while the other woman hardly noticed that they entered as she was too engrossed at her work.

"If we simply startup the backup we will be safe from the strange phenomena....but why isn't it working?" She said as an error message popped up on the screen. It was simply rejecting her inputs to start it up.

"Error BEP2: All newly running programs after BEP2 are not compatible with backup."

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subdual Unit Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Danielle nodded in response to what Oki said. "Ah, yes. I can relate to that. In a way, I'm doing this for my own home as well... so I guess that's a common ground to start off with. Not bad." Danielle wasn't sure what to expect at this point, being a new world and all that, anyone could be a threat. She trusted Oki's opinion, however, and let the defensive outlook on Helen slide off. So far, Oki seemed trustworthy. Less could be said about the rest... then again, they hadn't gotten a good opportunity to earn her trust just yet. "Haha, I think you're jumping to hasty conclusions, there, Oki. I'm not out for violence. Never have, never will. I always try to solve things peacefully first if at all possible. I just wanted to know if Helen was negotiable or not, and perhaps get to know her a bit better before meeting her, y'know?" Danielle replied with a light smile as the two trotted along, ahead from the rest of the group.

Once they reached the Glowing Leech, Danielle opened the door, and walked straight in. "Well... This place has certainly seen better days." The Wild Card said with a slight frown on her face as her gaze darted around the interior, while she kept the door open for Oki and company. She hadn't expected a place like this to be... so... run down. Maybe that was the issue to begin with? Lack of maintenence? Either way, Danielle slowly made her way over to Helen, looking at the screen, looking just as perplexed as the older woman. What the screen said was even more troublesome... the program wasn't compatible? Well... that certainly put a wrench in their plans...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 am

It would hear the confirmation in its head from Beep before turning its attention to Danielle as she spoke.

“Maybe it is,” the being would begin as it followed along side the girl from another world. It supposed they were all fighting for that in the end. To keep their worlds from disappearing. It was a noble cause it supposed. Though it had to wonder….Had it really been doing that all this time?

When the angels were around and it had been bond to goddess, it had fought to make her wish come true whether or not it was right for the world or not and this time around? This time it had bound itself to a group without a second thought and had been given the task of figuring out who was the traitor was and what was happening in the worlds to heal them...and yet….this whole time it had been with Nozomi with no answers.

And now? It was with another fighting not for its own world, but for a world and a person that was not from its own. It was an odd situation to be in, but that was exactly the blurred world it was in. What was once so clear was uncertain now. Everything except this one goal: Save this world and Helen. That was the only clear thing it had right now, so holding onto that it would focus as it continued to walk on keeping its thoughts clear from its face.

To Danielle’s next words, the creature would actually relax slightly as it rubbed its head slightly.

“We suppose we are a little bit more wound up than we should be. We apologize,” it would begin with a light chuckle. Perhaps it was giving her too much of hard time. It was true she was an outsider and it didn’t know her, but at the same time she had been nothing, but kind and helpful. It honestly didn’t have a reason to be hostile towards her. Maybe it was time for it to try to trust others once more. Trust...mmm..Yeah it would try it.

Regardless of the thought, Oki would hum at the rest of the words. “We wish we had more information than that to give on Lady Helen. Outside of being a protector, she was always tough and business-like though under that we like to believe she could be sweet. If this digital version of Helen is the same, then perhaps we won’t have too much trouble,” Oki said its tones a bit lighter and slightly hopeful. It would be nice if things were smooth due to familiarity, but Oki kept its hopes small as they continued on finally finding the Glowing Leech and entering it.

Upon seeing the ruined place, Oki would frown as its eyes took in the state.

“Indeed. The Leech was never like this before. We wonder what happened to get it like this…” the creature would say as slightly glowing green would taken in the ruined state of the Leech. As it looked around, its eyes caught the strange machine. What was that?

Trailing behind Danielle, it would examine the machine before looking over at the woman. She was really there. Her actions so familiar. It wanted to hug her, but it couldn’t. No...unlike Sharaku it wasn’t sure if this one remembered it or not. Remaining cautious, it would give Beep a small smile before taking a position near her as it tilted its head at one of the pods before speaking.

“Lady Helen seems to be having difficulties. Is their anything we can do to help resolve the issue and perhaps put this world back the way it was?” Oki would ask as it looked over at the screen. It saw the message and wondered if said programs were them or something else....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:52 am

The widow would stay quiet as Danielle and Oki conversed between each other. She didn't see a point in butting in for information that Danielle was collecting quite efficiently. Apparently this woman was a big deal... That was a fascinating thought. Though, it seemed this club had transformed... Odd.

"This place is... Disturbing... What are the pods for, Beep?" the doll maker would ask with a hand holding her other arm. This was honestly the first time she felt disturbed by the surroundings. It reminded her of where she was created... Such a terrifying place seemed to exist in front of her once more.

"Setup the backup?" the widow would question before closing her journal and stepping forward. She didn't feel like wasting further time. Oki knew this woman, but they had to get too the point. There wasn't any time to just lollygag... This world's existence was on the verge of disappearing and they had to act upon that.

"We all want to help, Lady Helen. Please don't hesitate to use us to fix this." the widow would say with a firm nod of her head. Clarita would stand close behind her prodigy, not sure as to what was about to happen. Would a battle occur? They were surprising her... Or, would they even have enough time to fix this? It was hard to tell...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDeathNaught1

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Hm, so we finally found the backup, huh? Woah, this definently looks futuristic. It looks like some of us know who this woman is. Hm? There is a problem with the backup? 'Error BEP2: All newly running programs after BEP2 are not compatible with backup.'!? Wait, BEP2? We have Beep but that wouldn't be BEP2 would it? "Hmmm, Beep, would you know something about one BEP2 program?" I guess it would be worth a shot since it seems no one else knows squat, even the lady attempting to access the backup. And we had also better hurry because this place is definently collapsing on us.

Endyimon Plot Character                Endyimon Plot Persona                        Azores II Character
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:08 am

Helen was mostly silent until Oki's familiar voice registered in her brain. She looked to them with a strange face. "You? Oki, it has been some time. Good to see you're well. Catching up however is not on my high priorities at the moment." She returned to her calculations before lifting her head towards Beep. When Tremora addressed her, Beep tilted her head. "BEP2 is another name for me! It's a nickname! Why, what does it say?" she said looking at the computer screen, before Helen could attempt to block the view. She took a long hard look at the message that read that she simply wasn't compatible with the backup. She stayed silent for a moment, and thought to herself.

Beep kept staring, before turning to the group with a grin. "Alrighty! I just gotta be sent to the trash and uninstalled. So I need you all to get me out of here okay?" Helen looked at her with concern. "That's akin to deleting you. Surely there is a way to store you somewhere until you can be tweaked." Beep tilted her head. "The time that it would take might put you all in danger.  Don't worry! I'll be fine, I am kinda like the eyes here, so I see everything!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subdual Unit Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Danielle looked at Beep with a troubled expression... The tough decisions had a nack for finding her... Uninstalling Beep was almost akin to killing her, and would she really want that on her consience? Sure, she would save hundreds, if not thousands of lives in the process. Some sacrifices was necessary. But that didn't mean that Beep had to be one of them.

"Beep... Don't make us do this... I'm here to save as many people as I can... There just has to be another way, right?"

Sacrificing one to save a million... It was normally a no brainer for most. But actually being in that position, and making that decision right then and there was an entirely different thing. So many lives were on the line here, and while Danielle was prepared to let Beep have things her way didn't mean that she was paticularly fond of the idea, and would prefer another solution if possible. "Uninstalling you should be our absolute last resort."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 pm

"But..."

The widow was rendered speechless. She didn't quite understand what was going on. Their questions and statements had been glazed over so haphazardly... It stung a little to be ignored so completely. The inquisitive mind inside of her had a word or two to say to the now demoted Helen, but... She actually had a point... Plus, now wasn't the time to be dealing with questions that could be asked later. It was unpleasant, but she wasn't going to force either Beep or Helen to answer their questions.

"How much time do we have, exactly? The other programs after you, Beep... They're the people of this world, yes?" the widow would ask with a small quiver in her stomach. If that was true... Then... Saving Beep put the entirety of this world's people at risk. Every last soul that was currently in this computer... They would simply be gone alongside Beep if they failed. That was such a risky move... That was a stupid move.

"I-If... That's the case, I think we should follow Beep's plan of uninstalling herself... We can't risk every life on this planet for just one person..." the widow would say, the words hurting her. She was condemning this living creature to death. Agreeing that her death was necessary for the survival of everyone else. It was wrong, and it hurt... But...

"I might sound cruel for saying this, I realize... But there are families, children, elderly, probably even newborns. If Beep is willing to sacrifice herself... Can we really risk all of their lives?" she'd say with a quiver in her lip. She couldn't handle being this form of reason. The type of person who had to distance themselves from a situation that involved death. She had been a failure at it in the past, falling into depression when her husband died and bringing her to the verge of death when her son died. But...

"There may be a little boy like mine in there... And I don't want him to die like mine did." she'd whisper, clenching the journal she held in her hands tightly. So tightly her knuckles became white. She'd bite her lip hard, and only the thought of seeing her son's dead body on a slab of metal crossed her mind. If this was another world, another universe... Her son could be alive here. Somewhere, breathing and living and writing in a journal just like this one.

"R-Raina! Don't say such things!" the doll maker would say, her single visible eye quite wide. Were these the thoughts she was hiding all along? Was this why she jumped at the chance to visit the other worlds? Such a theory was impossible, minuscule at best. It worried her... Was this the only motivation she had in trying to save the king?

The widow would stay quiet while she collected her thought, taking a deep breath before wiping her eyes and looking up once more. She'd move a strand of hair out from her eye as she'd put on a sad smile. She didn't think her weak attempt at motivation would do anything... But, at least she tried to be the voice of reason.

"Ultimately, this is Beep's life and only she can decide... Just... Think about what I said. About the people whose lives we're risking... Two worlds have already been plunged into non-existence due to our lack of speed. We were too slow to do anything, and it destroyed the lives of so many. I don't think we should risk this..." she'd say, Clarita staying silent as she spoke. She didn't know what to say to that. It made sense, honestly. But, at the same time... IT wasn't okay just to let Beep die either. It was an endless cycle of sacrifice... And it worried both of them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDeathNaught1

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:11 pm

"Wait really? Does that mean that you can activate it? .... Oh, so you need to be uninstalled. Hmm, are you sure about that Beep? I think that you would be able to be restored after this crisis, judging on how advanced this world is, but it might take a while." I say frowning. This I did not expect. Shouldn't a program be able to access this terminal without being uninstalled? Ugh, I am not educated enough in this type of stuff to know how future computeristics would work. Oh dear, looks like there is some sentimentality in Ms. Danielle about deleting Beep. I walk over to Danielle. "Listen, Beep isn't going to die. All programs have a permanent presence in computer technology. I don't know what Beep would be experiencing if she were uninstalled, but she wouldn't be gone, in fact, she could most definently come back after the crisis passes. Re-installed, good as new, and possibly with all of her memories. Finally, at the end of the day, it's her choice, and she is bound to know the consequences more than any of the rest of us can." I say passing Danielle. She seemed to be so commanding and unhesitant before. I guess young people are still young people, not that i'm one to talk still being a young adult and all.

Hm? "I don't think we have long at all Ms. based on the previous world." Hm? Did she whisper something? .... eh whatever, probably personal based on the haunted expression she is having right now. I stare at Beep once again. "In the end this is your choice, will you accept to do this? And if so, how do we do it?"

Endyimon Plot Character                Endyimon Plot Persona                        Azores II Character
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albrecht

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:31 pm

"And here i thought you were all a bunch of goody two shoes." The sentence was followed by a short chuckle. Blaez actually sounded impressed, he was under the impression they were the type of people that "leaves no one", at least that Danielle girl wanted to try to save BEEP. "But i'm sorta disappointed at the same time, that's some shit people would expect me to say." He paused for a second to turn his attention to Tremora "Pretty sure if it was that simple we wouldn't be having this discussion, pal." He spoke to the man in his usual neutral tone. "Look, i'm not saying to throw our lives away like idiots, but have at least some hope..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Oki would remain quiet and slightly tense as it stood in the place that while altered was so familiar to it. Two years ago this place was alive and now it was a ruin of its former self. The technology here was also altered and changed into something it did not quite understand. Being here made it uncomfortable, but for what reason it did not know yet.

Despite being uncomfortable, the being would continue to be silent listening as the rest of the group decided to suddenly pipe in? Interesting. Up until now they had just followed, so it had to wonder if they had remained silent because there was no reason to speak or maybe if it was something else. Did they only respond to trouble then? But if that is so then...why had they kept silent before when they were looking for the back up files? Huh. A curious little observation, but one it did not focus on for too long as its attention moved shifted back to Helen.

As its eyes moved back to the other, the woman happen to look up and meet it eye-to-eye...and in an instance doubt and worry would begin to vanish as it saw her recognize it. The words spoken only further solidified the point. Giving her a small smile as it relaxed a bit, the being would nod.

“We understand. Besides it seems things are pretty bad here so what can we do to assist?” it would say remembering the last time they had met. Heh. Back then it had been trying to help her with something also. Something that would impact the world, but on a smaller scale than what was occurring here. Hmph...Ironic that it was back at her side again as if Fate wanted it to complete what it didn't complete back then. Mmm..How very ironic...

The thought would last for only a moment before it was pushed away as Beep spoke and kind of answered its previous question. As for what was heard…

Oki would bow its head lightly, the shadows covering its face once more as it heard what was being said. It did not like this outcome and it seemed the others didn’t either. though the board was split between those that knew what had to be done and those that sought another way. The choice was indeed hard, but…

“...What will happen if we tried to save you vs. if we just follow the suggest to uninstall you?”

The creature’s voice was monotone making it hard to tell what it was feeling as it looked over at Beep with a blank expression. Was it considering following her command? Was Oki really that cold? Really able to sacrifice one for many? It was hard to say and the blank expression given would reveal nothing of its thoughts or feelings on the matter. What was known was that the end descision would be determined by what Beep said....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:34 am

Half the group seemed to be at odds. Some were okay with deleting Beep, while a few others were willing to look for something else. Helen pursed her lips and fiddled with the computer once more. She then let out a small sigh and turned to the group. "There is one other choice, but it is by far the harder option. If we could put Beep together with someone and store her as a file, then the person could take out what was needed or add on everything, and carry her over instead of her just being rejected outright. It would require the person in question to have their body be hacked into, by roughing them up or as such." Beep looked at Helen and hovered in front of her. "Who is gonna do that? No one has to do that for me! I bet the bin has a lot of old friends!" Helen shook her head. "I'll be that person to do it. If you all could beat me, that would make my body weak, and Beep could merge with me. The only issue from then-"

Beep raised her hand. "But in this world, the Survival Protocol hasn't been patched! If they fight you, your body will be forced to fight back!" Helen nodded. "As she said, you would have to actually fight me. It'll force me to try my hardest, so I doubt it will be simple. There is also the possibility my body could be destroyed by accident, or Beep's. This would be much riskier, but at least there would be a chance. I for one am not fond of "chances". It's too heavy of a gamble for the world. Not to even mention that fighting will take time, and we are running out of it." She crossed her arms and looked at the ground. She was indeed not the happiest of people, and the thought of gambling it all for one person was sounding less appealing by the moment. "What do you all think?"  Beep shook her hands. "I'll help you if you plan to! We can roughhouse a little right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subdual Unit Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Danielle only gave Tremora a cold stare. His attitude wasn't helping at all, and talking down to her like she didn't understand what all this was insulting. She was more than just a girl that found herself in another world. She was a soldier. And Unlike most of these people, she had been trained for actual combat way before she had gained the powers of the Wild Card. "I'd watch my tongue if I were you, Tremora." And with those lone words, she'd ignore him, and focus on what was really important.

"Well... I guess that's an option... I'd like to save as many people as I can, and that includes Beep, and you too Helen. I, for one, am willing to give this a shot. But not without my compatriots consent. They're a part of this just as much as I am, and as such, their opinions are of high value to me... Also, is it a garantuee that either option will save this world and it's people?" That was one thing she wanted out in the open right now. A Garantuee that if they were to succeed... it would work. If not, then they had both wasted precious time and a life to boot accomplishing nothing...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]   

Back to top Go down

The Last Grid [Danielle & Friends]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next