Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Telos

Telos

Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): Empty
PostSubject: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 am

Character Name Henry Mortimier
Quote:

The Biography

Birth Name: Henry Spira Mortimer
Aliases: Mr.Macabre(online)
Birth Day: 10/31
Arcana: Death
Place of Residence: Sunlake Palms
Academy Semester: N/A
Class: N/A

Sorority: N/A

Part/Full Time Job: Coroner and Pathologist.

Appearance: A pale skinned, skinny, yet surprisingly strong young man with light grey hair, Henry typically wears a black business suit with black pants, black shoes, and a red tie. At his job, on the other hand, he wears typical surgical gear for hygienic reasons. When asked as to whether he dyes his hair, he simply says that he doesn't, he was born with it. His eyes also seem perpetually shut, for some reason (he claims they're a nice shade of dark brown, like that of an oak coffin). He weighs about 130 lb., and is 5ft.11 in.
This is what he looks like:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/8/85/Henry_(FE13_Artwork).png/revision/latest?cb=20130502181145

Personality: Even by PT standards, Henry is... unique.
The fact that he's cheerful to the point of being naive wouldn't be it... except he never stops smiling (unless panicked), and practically every third word out of his mouth tends to be related to death in some way. All his hobbies have to do with death, he likes horror movies (he enjoys german ones particularly well for all their gore)... you get the idea. He tends to make jokes, and puns that are blackly comedic. However, this also tends to scare people, and he doesn't really seem to realize this. Animals seem to love him though, and he likes animals, so they tend to gather around him (particularly crows, and he believes that the reason why so many crows hang around his house, yet his garden remains perfectly intact is because they don't wanna offend him).

He is considered unpredictable at best, and downright a necessary evil at worst by others, especially on the battlefield, where he shows next to no mercy for his enemies, and is more than happy to be on the front lines to pretty much annihilate all enemies in his way. However, off the battlefield, he is surprisingly kind, and likes helping others (albeit, in his own... special way). He also does have a unique code of honor (he will not hesitate to kill, but will always try to make it as painless as possible, for example). He also seems to understand, however, that what he does isn't exactly... glamorous, but the way he sees it, so long as it helps the people he wants to help, no harm done.

He has an innate fascination with wanting to die a bloody death for reasons he... doesn't quite understand. (According to one of his psychologists later on in life, he has trouble fully grasping his emotions after years of physical and possibly mental/emotional abuse, thus, he doesn't quite understand his suicidal urges.) Because he doesn't understand it, he won't do it...
Yeah... he thinks... differently.
Go figure.

The Potential

Strengths: (Anything your character is skilled in, such as Martial Arts/ Drawing/ etc? You are allowed a maximum of five strengths and a minimum of three.)

—Strength Name: "You know how Sherlock Holmes has that thing with his scan? Well, I can do that too!.... kinda. It's because i'm a coroner AND a pathologist. So I know a fair bit about human anatomy, you see."
—Description: Like how Sherlock Holmes can tell things about a person with only a glance, Henry can do the same. With a corpse that has only recently (read: 24 hours) expired, he can find out details (at the DM's discretion) about it that are about the human body anatomy (i.e: What kind of damage has been done, but not what killed them). With the use of a lab, he can find further details about the body (or these details if the corpse date is any older), but without additional help, he can't find out things like where it occurred, or what time of day it was when it happened (nor can he identify anything of supernatural origin). He calls this ability his "Deadlock Scan".

—Strength Name: "What, this wound? Oh, don't worry about it- wait, it's THAT bad? Ah geez. Chalk it up to my genetic high pain tolerance ... and don't question any further... unless you wanna be on my table next..."
—Description: As a result of his abusive child, and his parent's constant heavy beatings on him, his sensory nerves have been severely damaged, meaning he can't feel physical pain as much. (This has no effect in PvS combat).

—Strength Name:"Don't worry. I know how to make this quick and painless... just hold still and it'll be nighty-night."
—Description: Henry can make two Dex attacks on enemies in one post with his soul bound.

—Strength Name:
—Description:

—Strength Name:
—Description:

-----
((A floating Strength is a strength you've gained inRP. For example, if you were on a Kendo team for some time, you'd naturally know Kendo which is where this strength would come in. However, be aware, it will not be as strong as any of your actual strengths and is a small plus)

—Floating Strength Name:
—Description:

Weaknesses: (You must have the same amount of weaknesses as strengths. These weaknesses pertain to you and not your Persona. IE: Physically Weaker, lack of attention span, etc.)

—Weakness Name: "Is it just me, or do people seem to avoid me? I don't know why... I'm a perfectly decent human being!"
—Description: Due to Henry's... unique personality, he has trouble ranking up his expres​sion(In other words, any amount of expression points he earns are halved.).

—Weakness Name: "Oh... my heart? Yeah, it's abnormally low. Bare healthy minimum at it's highest and lowest, in fact. So, I uh... can't really push myself. Don't ask me why. All they said was that it was for medical reasons."
—Description: Due to Henry's unique heart condition, he can't enter battle if his HP is 10% or less (This takes place once he's outside of the battle that resulted in his HP being reduced to 10% or less at the end of it), and if he has to enter combat (for whatever non-optional reason), he is unable to do anything other than pass his turn until his HP is restored past 10% or more (and it must stay this way until the end of the battle in order to once again re-enter combat willingly).

—Weakness Name: "I... um... how do I put this? I tend to get excited about blood very, very, easily. Once I get going... I can't stop."
—Description: Once Henry does damage to an enemy, he cannot flee without the use of an item, or the use of a teammate's skill (A teammate with a s-link of 3 or higher can roll 1d2 to convince Henry to flee, succeeding on a two).

—Weakness Name:
—Description:

—Weakness Name:
—Description:

-----
((A floating weakness is one gained in RP. It could be a fear you inherited during RP, or an injury that hinders your character. Some can be temporary while others can be permanent.)

—Floating Weakness Name:
—Description:

Soul Bound Weapon: (This is the weapon you'll be able to summon to your hand while in combat. This weapon is special for your character specifically and allows you to fight Shadows and Demons without the need of summoning your Persona. This can be anything but a Gun (Or gun related weapon))

Weapon Name: Ripper
Weapon Description: A scythe that can shift it's blade and stick length at will, they can shift from 4ft 6in at least each, to a max of 5ft.11 in each. Henry attacks by slashing with it.
Weapon Image: (Not necessary)
Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Weapon:

Side-Arm Name: Ruin
Side-Arm Description: A metallic black-and-purple hand cannon that Henry uses like a revolver, it has a skull motif on the butt of the gun. When he fires it, it makes one helluva racket that could wake the dead... that is, if it actually made a sound (for some reason, it doesn't).
Side-Arm Image: (Not necessary)
Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Revolver

The Background:
History:
Henry is, by all accounts, a cheerful person. Extremely cheerful, he never stops smiling.
How ironic that a man who smiles constantly has such a sad and brutal past.
Born into a family of well-respected coroners, his father was a well known coroner known for his detailed autopsy's, while his mother ran a funeral home, thus, he was surrounded by death.
Henry also, from a early age, showed great talent in doing what his parents did, something that they both admired... and feared.

You see, his birth was... unusual in a lot of ways.
The day it happened, his mother nearly suffered a miscarriage in an accident, and on Halloween, he was born as Endymion's youngest premature birth survivor as the product of a pregnancy exactly 24 weeks in, at exactly 13 seconds after 1:13 P.M.
He was also known for having nearly died when he nearly choked on the umbilical cord, and that he has a naturally low heart rate (The bare healthy minimum and maximum heart rate through out his life so far), which means that he had to be examined by a cardiologist each week to make sure that he was still healthy enough to function in regular society).

As a result of that, and other... incidents when he was young (his first word was "Death.", for one thing), he was feared mostly because of his... unusual personality. This resulted in more than a few complaints from angry parents who claimed that (abridged) "Henry has traumatized my child for life." This hit a peak in an incident where more than a few children were scarred for life when Henry brought one of his father's old autopsy reports for show and tell one day. One of the... gorier ones.
At that point, life for him became... hell.

His parents would brutally beat him constantly, and he was only able to graduate from high school because of his perfect scores on an academic level as he would seldom show up to school because of his injuries (and when he did show up, he was taught one-on-one by a special instructor in a ISS room at his parents requests). (His parents couldn't arrange for a tutor due to his reputation, his last 6 psychologists had given up trying to "cure" him, and they couldn't homeschool him as the result of their jobs).
And yet, he still kept smiling. Not once did he cry.

This kept on going until he moved out when he got to medical school, and then exactly 5 years ago, on the day of the great divide, where his parents were lost that day when they left the house that night to go get errands. He didn't even know what happened (he hadn't seen a single demon that night) until someone told him. and inherited their large fortune. Now a licensed coroner and pathologist, he graduated from Endymion's best Medical School at the top of his class.

His hobbies include all things supernatural, playing a popular online game where he and 3 others (one of them is also Takeru) team up to form one of the most powerful forces there online, reading (particularly works by H.P Lovecraft, and other prominent writers of that sort), dancing (It was one of his few "normal" hobbies), and playing the violin (also which he has done since a young age).

He also has a pet, an albino crow he had found the day after the great divide, and took in, that seems to like him, and (somehow) follows him everywhere at home. He named it Shirokarasu (Translation is White Crow, I believe), a variation of the name of yatagarasu. The bird itself is unusually quiet, only cawing whenever its master leaves... or whenever a new corpse comes in for his master to examine.

He really doesn't care about what side he's on so long as they give him access to those classified records of all the deaths that occured during the great divide, and give him an answer as to why more and more corpses seem to have injuries of a supernatural origin (and why nobody tells him why). That's why joined the cadets as a result.
Yeah...
Says how much he loves his job, doesn't it?

Last edited by Telos on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 31 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Alrighty. No boost to Dark skills as a strength. For the resistance to physical, you can have a resistance to a single physical element, but not all three. For the Corpse strength, you wouldn't get a strength where you could tell instantly all these facts about the dead body. You could have a strength that can look at tiny details with your eyes, but not a strength that gives you all the facts for free.

As for the weaknesses, a social link weakness is moot since they are graded anyway. For the timeslot weakness I could see that working, but it needs to be different, since more than a week could go by while it remains morning on here. As for the rest, he is a licensed coroner but he's at Seven Stars? Go through the character again and iron out the issues and I can check it again.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:22 pm

You can just take an attack speed strength in place of the dex strength. Check the guidelines here:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t3503-strength-and-weaknesses-faq-update

Again, you can see tiny details, but not those kinds of facts for free. You wouldn't be able to tell depending on the situation certain things, so you don't get a strength that lets you cover a field no matter what. You could get a strength for your eyes to where you could see minute details such as tense actions, etc. For the weakness, just bear in mind you only get half expression with that weakness.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Fixed it. (Again)
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:20 am

Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): NQXEuTf

Well, let's take a look at this...

Quote :
—Strength Name: "You know how Sherlock Holmes has that thing with his scan? Well, I can do that too!.... kinda."
—Description: Like how Sherlock Holmes can tell things about a person with only a glance, Henry can do the same. With a corpse that has only recently (read: 24 hours) expired, he can tell minor details about them (These details vary on the situation and the DM's discretion). For deeper analyisis, he requires use of a lab. He calls this ability his "Deadlock Scan"

Not going to work. Knowing the cause of death for free is not going to slide. Unless you were told inRP. At best you can cut it down to having knowledge of the human body.

Edit: You could have it. But it's not going to work in investigations or anything you can't figure out on your own.

Quote :

—Strength Name:"Don't worry. I know how to make this quick and painless... just hold still and it'll be nighty-night."
—Description: Henry can make two Dex attacks on enemies with 20% or less HP in one post with his soul bound.

You can do this on one enemy, but without having to meet any requirement. But that's on you.

Quote :
—Weakness Name: "Is it just me, or do people seem to avoid me? I don't know why... I'm a perfectly decent human being!"
—Description: Due to Henry's... unique personality, he has trouble ranking up his expres​sion(In other words, the requirement for it to go up doubles.).

Change it to halving the points you earn for expression, not doubling the requirements.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Quote :
—Strength Name: "You know how Sherlock Holmes has that thing with his scan? Well, I can do that too!.... kinda."
—Description: Like how Sherlock Holmes can tell things about a person with only a glance, Henry can do the same. With a corpse that has only recently (read: 24 hours) expired, he can find out details (at the DM's discretion) about it that are related to the human body (i.e: What kind of damage has been done, but not what killed them). With the use of a lab, he can find further details about the body, but without additional help, he can't find out things like where it occurred, or what time of day it was when it happened. He calls this ability his "Deadlock Scan"

Also mention that you won't be able to tell what kind of supernatural deaths they suffered from.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:12 pm

Fixed (for hopefully the very last time... for now).
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Approved.

lolnotyet
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 3:06 am

Quote :
—Strength Name: "What, this wound? Oh, don't worry about it- wait, it's THAT bad? Ah geez. Chalk it up to my genetic high pain tolerance ... and don't question any further... unless you wanna be on my table next..."
—Description: As a result of his abusive child, and his parent's constant heavy beatings on him, his sensory nerves have been severely damaged, meaning he can't feel physical pain as much (he's also slightly sadomasochistic). This has no real effect in combat, but it does mean he might not notice just how badly wounded he is, meaning he could get killed very easily without realizing it.

Wait, can't feel physical pain and slightly sadomasochistic? You mean he gets off from the pain too? Doesn't make sense when his "sensory nerves have been severely damaged" don't you think? The whole not noticing how badly wounded you are could fit as a weakness to be honest.

Quote :
—Description: Due to Henry's unique heart condition, he has to rest two posts instead of one to recover from fatigue, and if he is fatigued, he must rest until it disappears.

When is fatigue? What is defined as fatigued? When his HP is lower than certain percentage?

Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 3:28 am

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Quote :
(This has no effect in combat).

I'm assuming PvS combat. So state that.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything else to check.
Back to top Go down
Telos

Telos

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):   Henry the Cadet  (Ready to be graded/complete): Empty

Back to top Go down

Henry the Cadet (Ready to be graded/complete):
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next