Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost

Lost

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] Empty
PostSubject: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] 180540-anime-cosplays-furukawas-bakery

The Heartfelt Bakery sat within the shopping district of Little Tokyo. An oriental exterior with a traditional bakery interior. It was widely popular within Little Tokyo and its fame had even reached out into other reaches of Endymion. A budding business famous for its sweets and baked goods and its wonderful atmosphere and customer service.

Today was a beautiful day, as most tend to be. The boy sitting at the bakery's register seemed more than content to work today... However, the boy was still reeling from his awakening and the conversations that had come afterwords. He wasn't in a bad mood of course, but he was still quite confused and startled by the whole ordeal.

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] AjiMX8q

At least nothing bad could exactly happen today, right? The boy found solace in that small fact. Today would be normal like the days used to be. He'd sigh gently, smiling as he awaited for someone to enter the store. It would be nice to go back to being his cheery cashier self! It'd be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:38 pm

There was only one thing worse than being dragged across town only to buy some goddamn bread because your mother had a whim of wanting to try the fancy bread from that fancy bakery in that fancy Little Tokyo, and that was having to do it on the very day you wanted to just rest until evening so you could go to the very awesome Platinum whatever and be all super and stuff with awesome powers. Failing to find it for a good half an hour didn't really help ease the saltiness he was feeling right now. Somehow.

At least he found it now. The handle of the door feeling oddly easy in his hand. For a moment, it felt like he had to be there for whatever reason. A positive sensation overcame his senses, a reaction to the wave of warmth coming from inside. Frog couldn't put his finger on it. He just knew, somehow... It felt right, and it felt correct. Being there, that is. And so he just stood for a moment, dumbfounded, holding the handle softly, reveling in this strange feeling. Before pushing open the door and stepping inside.

The warmth only intesified as he walked in, but it wasn't an uncomfortable warmth. Far from it, actually, it seemed to be attracting him. He was never crazy for bread. I mean, he ate it regurarly and all that, but it was 'just another grocery', so why now? What was the issue now that made him feel so right in this place? In a bakery. A bakery people came into and bought stuff. And people were bad. Frog never liked stores. Any kind of store, but especially markets. A bakery wasn't a market but it was a store anyone could walk in. Yet this one felt pure. It didn't make him want to run off as soon as possible. Instead, it made him want to stay and just look around. Maybe even chat with a person or two... Speaking of...

"Hello." Frog greeted the cashier from his position at the entrance. He wasn't yet paying much attention to who this cashier was, but looking at him... He seemed to be a young boy. Maybe this was a family business or something? He really had no clue what to think. No, he didn't really want to think at all. He wanted to smell the bread and be happy about life. That would be a nice change, but it wasn't going to happen. For now, Frog would just walk deeper into the store and toward the cashier, the short greeting being the only thing he'd say. Hands crossed behind him, he walked with a slight shadow of a smile on his lips, not having taken notice of it yet, else he'd have strewn it off already. He looked around at all the bread as he did so.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 11:59 am

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] PtiViXO

"Oh oh! Welcome to the Heartfelt Bakery! My name is Zavie Bryce, how may I help you?"

The boy would ask cheerily from the cash register. He was eager to help as much as he could like he had done before. A bit of normality, maybe? Something to lay to rest the rest of the nerves he was feeling. That would be good, yes? It would make him feel a lot better about tonight too, maybe...

"Always so eager to please... Hm... Well, let us see..." his shadow would mumble within the boy's mind. That was an out of place comment... It confused the boy for a second before he focused back on the customer. A polite smile on his face. Hopefully something nice would come out of today's visits too the store.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 8:39 pm

The Heartfelt Bakery... The name fit the atmosphere, oddly, perfectly. It rang, and rang inside of theese four walls, wafting the soft... heartfelt smell of bread around as it did so, and echoed back to Frog, from all sides, echoing and echoing. As if striken by this echo, Frog stopped to look directly towards the cashier, that young, yellow boy. Zavie Bryce. Bryce sounded awfully cold as a name, countering the general feeling Frog was getting from both the boy and the shop, though, as it countered it, it also seemed to meld even deeper into the very core, the heart of the bakery, creating a perect dough to make bread out of.

"I..." Words were heavy. Breaking the silence, blowing away the smell of bread with his breath... It didn't seem right, yet, the softness would return mere moments later in waves, reinvoking all the sensations from before. So Frog shook his head and returned a gaze as tender as bread. "My mother asked me to go buy some bread here." The young man began. "So, well... Would you have any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] 14G7wbG

"Oh oh! We have so many different kinds! Um... Well, what are you looking for specifically?"

The boy would ask curiously. It depended what he was looking for bread wise... A sandwich could be a broad term after all... So it all depended on what kind of sandwich! A panini usually called for flat bread, a sub sandwich usually required long loafs, and the list could go on and on! It was hard to tell exactly...

"Well... Do you know what kind of sandwich you are trying to make? The bread depends on what kind of sandwich! It is one of the most important parts of the dish, after all!" the boy would say in his cheery tone of voice. He was really eager to just have a normal conversation with a person like this... Not one filled with talk about 'persona' and the likes. He just... Wanted some normality, after all.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 10:58 am

"I- I don't think I've mentioned any sandwiches..?" Frog said to the young cashier, confuzzlement breaching through the wafting aromas enveloping them and temporarily disrupting the equilibrium of this small sanctuary. The young man gave a confused look to the other as a result. "I mean, dunno... I think we tend to make them out of bagel thingies or something."

The smells, however, would slowly come to grab his attention again and he'd be lulled back into this state of 'who really cares'. "Well anyways... I don't really know much about bread and such stuff." Frog continued. "I suppose we like eating what... How's it even called, that bread that's not fully integral but also not completely not integral..?"

Thinking about what sort of bread his mother always bought... A new question came to him, though fairly dully through the bread barrier. "Oh, and, all of these are like, home-made, aren't they?" It sure looked that way, though, and smells that way... But you never know.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Ah... Wait, why was he getting bread if it wasn't for a sandwich? That... Honestly confused the boy more than he cared to admit. Was it just for toast then? Well, sure their bread tasted good toasted but if you just wanted toast, why not go to the grocery store? It was cheaper their for just... Toast bread... Hmmm...

"O-Oh, I am sorry. My mistake, sir. But, um..." the boy would fall silent as he thought about what kind of bread was... Integral to the dish and not at the same time. Wait, what kind of description was that even...? Oh, now he was confused trying to understand...

"E-Eh? Oh, well, of course! The Heartfelt Bakery makes all of its goods fresh and hand made every morning! It is our motto to give all of our customers the freshest and best baked goods ever!" the boy would say with a happy smile. Yup, a motto to live by! However, he was still stuck on trying to figure out what the young man meant by the bread... Um... Well, that could always do.

"Well, um, back to your bread... May I be so bold as to offer our whole wheat loaf?" the boy would ask almost timidly. That seemed to match the description... Bread that was barely noticeable in a dish, but not too the point you forgot it existed. Whole wheat had a really off flavor, one people tended to mask with sauce or cheese... But, it was impossible to make the flavor go away all together... So, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Oh, was the little cashier getting flustered? It wasn't Frog's goal... Well, it usually was his goal to mess with people, but not now. Now all he could think about was bread. And the smell. So he raised his hands and smiled. "Ah, nono, it's fine. Like, I'm not a big fan of ham and eggs give me headache when there's too much of them so I don't really like sandwiches. We spread butter and pate onto our bread and then eat it like that. I mean, ain't that normal, haha? Or like, some chocoate spread with nuts." He said to the young boy.

"Haha. This is a lot of bread to make and bake every moment, then." Frog spun around to look at the shop's interiors once again. It was really filled with bread. Was it all fresh? The smell can't be lying, though. They must be fresh. "Wow. Hmm? Oh, like, right-! Whole-wheat! That stuff's called wheat, yeah..." He really did forget what the name was for wheat... "Oh, but I don't think I'm looking for whole-wheat. Rather, that bread that's made both from whole-wheat and that refined wheat or whatever it's called, so it's a mixed bread. Do you get what I mean now?"
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Ah, so it was toast he was after... That still seemed really odd, but, then again, it didn't really bother the boy. What was the harm in buying expensive bread for toast? Well, whatever. It still seemed like he didn't have the right bread though, but... They didn't exactly used refined ingredients. Everything was quite natural, after all, they made their baked goods with fresh ingredients from a local farm in East Eden... Hmm...

"Oh, I love to put chocolate spread on bread. It makes it taste really good, right?" the boy would comment back. Still... Toast... Hmm... It felt like he was not really at the right bakery for the bread he wanted. The boy could only really think of that text lingo... Um... 'Lol' followed by a few periods... That meant laugh out loud with some confusion, right? Maybe...

"It is... But, that is why we wake up early every morning! We all help out with baking all the goods for the day. My mom, dad, and me! We get all the hard work done early so we can relax and enjoy the fun baking the rest of the day!" the boy would say enthusiastically. Even with the boy's estranged sleep schedule, he still woke up at the crack of dawn to get all the bread ready for the day.

"Um... Are you talking about white-wheat bread? Um... We sadly do not bake that type of bread. It is... Really just white bread mixed with a few extra cloves of wheat in it. We do not use refined ingredients though, so, I am afraid we do not carry that, sorry." the boy would say with a light frown. People usually came here for the specially made foods. They were artisans, after all. The finest ingredients they could find baked and made with the hands of bakers with a heritage of baking behind them.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:30 pm

There is only one truth to this universe. Only one certainty, which constantly laughs in the face of any and all odds against it in the world. One reality inside the reality in which everything else is uncertain. Frog liked to refer to it as 'toad syndrome'. What 'toad syndrome' stood for was a rule that said that every time Frog came to some kind of a shop, he would utterly and totally embarass himself in one way or another, undermining both the vision of himself he was attempting to project and the vision of himself he was sure was true to himself, usually in the manner of revealing a somewhat unhealthy eating habit which he couldn't care less about when it remained untold, but one he heard the words... He'd always realize how not-good it sounded.

The very same happened right there and then, an event powerful enough to fully break through the smell of the bread and engulf Frog's world in a veil of awkwardness. The warm and welcoming bakery turned purple and gloomy as all lights faded except one shining beacon illuminating the immideate area around him, like a spotlight, forcing him into the center of attention, along with this little syndrome he was experiencing. "Hah... hah... W-well then..." Frog tried his best to regain his composure, but it was barely working. Maybe if he returned to an earlier topic? "I mean... Yeah, chocolate spread on bread is awesome, haha... Especially with milk on the side, am I right..?"

It still wasn't working. He was sure he was just digging himself a deeper hole. In that case, all he could do was attempt to correct the situation by playing along. "No, but really... I had no clue what this place was about... And I have no clue about bread... My mom- mother," Frog was never sure which term to use. 'Mom' sounded so childish, but 'mother' felt cold and distant. He usually opted for 'mother' because of theatrical value, but still, sometimes he accidentally said 'mom'. "She's just gonna have to live without that bread then."

"Which one did you recommend again..?"
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:28 pm

A-Ah... Did he do something wrong? It seemed like the young man got really embarrassed or something all of the sudden? Was it something the boy had said? He was very confused and felt really sorry for doing it... But, he didn't even know what to apologize for! Ah... This was such a confusing meeting... Hm...

"I, um, I agree with that! I love milk and chocolate, the two work perfectly together!" the boy would say happily, doing his best to lighten the mood once more. How exactly it made such a 180 confused the boy, but this was now a challenge to try and make things better! Just one step at a time was all it took, right?

"Ah, I am sorry... But, I am sure she will love our bread nonetheless! So, would you like one of our wholewheat loaves?" the boy would ask politely. Well, it didn't matter if he came in here not knowing they didn't use processed ingredients and the likes, but this was still a bakery and the boy could guarantee the bread would taste marvelous!
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 9:03 pm

There was one thing nice about talking to younglings like this boy, and it was their cluelesness. Frog could make as many mistakes and awkward mess-ups as he wanted, yet... as long as the kid wasn't in a mean pack with like two or three or four other ne'er do wells, he was oblivious to these things. Kids' powers came from being in packs. The same went for really embarrassing childish things he did... Like drink milk and eat chocolate spread on his bread. And enjoy it. All those lactose intolerant old people can go eat his banana biscuit for all he cared, hah-!

And that was the only reason why Frog could keep up the conversation at that point and keep it up long enough for little Bryce to move away from the awkward situation and illuminate the bakery again with his twinkling twirliness and utter adorableness at getting flustered over it all as if it were his mistake. So Frog raised his hand to halt the conversation for a moment, then clear his throat and allow the scent of bread to take him away again. "She is sure to love it." He began with newfound resolve. It was almost unbelievable how the petty notion of the other being younger than he was made it so easy to get back on track again. Frog was still feeling a bit tingly and unsure on the inside about this all and he was sure to feel that way again if he was ever gonna step into the bakery in the future, but he could function. "All right, then, give me one of those! And like, some bagels for next morning's breakfast."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, alright then! With a nod of the boy's head a cheerful smile, he'd quickly duck behind the counter, coming back a few minutes later with a brown bag stuffed with the wholewheat loaf and a dozen bagels. Perfect for a... Morning's breakfast? Apparently? Eh, well, at least he had made him happy, right?

"Alright! Here you go, sir. Is that all for today?" the boy would ask with a polite smile. He wanted to know how he could help further! Right? That was the best thing a cashier could do! Regardless... Patience now!
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Now back on his metaphorical feet once again, Frog was able to observe the situation through the mist of bread, therefore cheerfully accepting the opportunity to pull himself out of the gutter he'd pushed himself into mere moments ago and, in turn, accept the bread the young cashier had brought him. Also bagels, yum. Though there was this little teeny tinsy bit of what-the-hell emanating from said cashier boy at the very notion of this bread being used as breakfast... Though Frog didn't notice it. As said, he was way too distracted by the wafting smell of bread to care.

Brown bag! Yay for environmental care and all that crap, right? Frog took his bread and bagels and glanced inside the bag. Mmmmm, it actually looked wondrous, all this bread. He'd never felt like that about bread. Honestly... He almost couldn't wait for the evening to come so that he could eat it. Because bread was a universal breakfast AND dinner in the Zander house! "Ah, right, yeah, that would be all, thanks." Frog raised his head out of the bag to address the cashier again. The boy seemed to be eager for something. Well... But the bread smelled so nice. And besides, Frog hardly knew anything about bread... So like, what else could he even ask? Nope, all he could do right now was hurry home and start psyching himself up for tonight's big event at the Platinum whatever.

"Anyways, thanks again. If we end up liking this bread at home, well... I'll surely be sent out to pick some up again, haha."
Frog regarded the cashier politely as he paid up and walked to the door. "Hmmm..." It would be dull to walk into fresh air after enjoying this bread-filled atmosphere inside the bakery, but alas... He pressed his hand against the door's handle and, with a short delay, pushed it open and exited the store.

"Goodbye."

[Frog - Exit]
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Well, it seems he had done a job well done! Awesome! It was just like old times... He wanted to do this again and again... Back to normality, right? It was weird how much one wanted that after loosing it... Everyone dreamed of excitement, right? It was scary when a mundane life went spiraling out of control though...

"Alright, sir! Come back any time!" the boy would say happily as the young man left. A job well done indeed. With a happy sigh, he'd rest his head on the counter, looking up at the bell on the door's frame. Who would make it ring next? Hm... Hopefully another nice person!

~Thread End~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]   Peaceful Beginnings [Frog] Empty

Back to top Go down

Peaceful Beginnings [Frog]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next