Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Shopping for Fools [Alec]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Alec would nod lightly at what he heard.

“I suppose that is understandable then. Though if I may, why wouldn’t your opinion count?” he would ask as he gave the other a curious glance. It was true that Alec was a talker and probably tolerated the pointless better than others, but even so he was never one to discount other’s opinions. In fact, he was a strong believer in letting others state their mind even if the end results may trigger him. He preferred the open floor to one that blocked out or left out others thanks to a matter of different thoughts. The problem with his philosophy though was when he did react negatively people saw the surface view only and becoming fed up, they would blow what was really just his thoughts on the matter into something it really shouldn’t be. It was a sad case, but maybe because he was on the other side of the fence, he could understand the man a bit better...or at least have a mind open enough to try to understand him.

“Oro?” Alec would look over at the other as he seemed to make a contradicting statement, the expression on his face neutral until he saw the smile which in turn caused him to furrow his brows a bit perplexed. He would listen to the words heard before turning away with a slight smile on his face. When his spoke his words were a bit hesitant, but he spoke honestly enough.

“I am...actually kind of happy to that. On one hand, yeah it is probably going to get rough here and there, especially because I will explode and make a fuss, but if you are truly okay with my whirlwind of emotional baggage...then maybe this won’t turn out into games of hide and seek or pointless arguments. Though I don’t know. On the other hand, I think that I am a bit of a heavy burden to try and deal with. I am going to be square. I am more downs than ups to be honest and I kind of feel I will pull anyone down if I just be myself, thus why I pretend to be something else. I think this is the first time...I actually met someone that may be okay with me just as I am….Though can’t say for sure since I don’t exactly know you well enough to make that call. Even so you are still here, so...That is something. As for you not expressing things well, I think that is okay. Cause in the end, I have feeling if I or anyone just stopped to ask for clarification then maybe you would clear up the confusion...It's just guess though,” Alec would say before falling quiet a bit.

It was odd, but even not knowing the guy...Alec still felt okay speaking with the other like this. He couldn’t say for sure if it was the guy’s calmness or openness that did it, but something allowed him to be speak more freely with this one than he would with others. He felt okay with being vulnerable, his gut telling him this wasn’t the sort of guy to take advantage of this and use it against him. Though his gut could be wrong…even though that was very rare.

Alec would continue to move as he listened to the other. “Mmm Well, the good thing about that approach is at least you can hold your footing better when you are calm and focused. Emotions are great and all, but sometimes cloud judgement and in turn causes you to say something or do something you don’t want or mean to say. In the past, I was pretty bad about, but I tried to clean up a bit. Though, I don’t know how well I’ve done since I can’t seem to control flying off the handle for some rather silly things to this day,” he said with a somewhat embarrassed, yet light chuckle. Yeah. He still could improve in that area. Just how was the main challenge. Anyway…

“Yeah, you may fail, but you seem to be quick on the recovery side considering you bounced back easier from earlier than I did. Unless you wouldn’t consider that a fail?” he would look over at the other with a raised eyebrow. The guy could get cold and biting, but worse than what he saw? Was there something worse than that with this guy? And if so...would he even be able to survive that? It was a curious thing, but Alec kept his wandering thought in check as he simply waited to see if he got an answer.

Continuing on, Alec’s eyes would eventually drift away from the other as he heard what was said as a small smile came across his face. “I sometimes wish I could shut off like that, but I have the tendency to want to help and weather the stuff with the other than just block it. It might’ve save me some stress and losing hair if I could have done that,” he would say with a light chuckle before becoming slightly more serious again. “Well, you are still walking by me and you seem to stick by friends even when they are throwing stuff at ya, so perhaps your skill in handling it all isn’t so bad.”

Alec would give the other a small smile that while playful was more honest and genuine than poking. He couldn’t say much for others, but the fact this one didn’t run the moment he was set off was kind of nice. Not too many people in the past could actually handle this part of him and the one that he thought could ended up leaving him in the end; however, that matter was not for now, so he’d push the memory off as he kept himself rooted in the now.

In any case, the mood would lighten a bit as Sharaku surprisingly decided to poke back with his comment. To his words, Alec would give an amused “hmph” as his eyes turned to something else in the area. “I will take the words into consideration,” he would say the comment seeming playful enough, but one had to wonder if it was just play behind the smirk he gave the other. Regardless, Alec left that part a mystery for the time being as the situation didn’t seem to move for play territory.

“That is true and to be honest, I never understood why some like to explode like that, but every now and then I got one that decided I needed to be…”educated” on the matter when I accidentally stepped the wrong way. Kind of ridiculous and frustrating, but it is a thing unfortunately. Even more so when preference in gender doesn’t really lean with the norm,” Alec would say with a light shrug. It was one of those strange aspect of his life that after a while he just stopped questioning and when confronted with it just brushed it off. He honestly didn’t see the point people were making when they decided to go on their self-righteous speeches. It was almost like it was crime to play. Anyway, he probably go on all day about that one, but for now he would not.

“I play more than jump. My upfront nature probably overbearing, but at the same time a good test to see if there is even the slimmest of chances there. I am not rushing to the finish line, but if folk blow up in a bad fashion to my flare then I leave it alone. I can’t exactly win someone over who is already throwing stones at me from the get go...at least not the ones that are telling me don’t even try. When I settle on actually being serious, I have the tendency to pull back a bit and take it slower. As much of a goofball as I can be, underneath it all I understand these things take time. I am just more open about my likes from the get go, but even so...a like is not the same thing as love. You want to get to that point? Then we have to seriously work on it,”
he would say.

Yes, he was flirty and loose with his ways, finding himself unbound by anything unless he was serious about the relationship. When he was serious, he dropped the play and focused on the one he was with, being loyal until the bitter end...or until something came up that told him to get the hell out of dodge.

“Nah. It’s good. My words are just my opinion on the matter,” he would state and then shaking his head with a smirk he would continue. “Oh, I hear ya there. The extremists are on either side can be quite...er...passionate about their position. Sometimes to the point it’s harmful…” Alec would say trailing off at the end. Yeah, extremists….

While his playful attitude faltered for just a second, he would bounce quickly enough as the subject turned to men versus women in the drama queen department. “Oh really? I’ve never really encountered one much worse than a woman so I cannot say. Though I won’t doubt it considering we are just as human as they are,” he would say kind of amused at the idea of a man out doing a woman in the drama department. He remained more or less amused before the conversation went into land of short answers and silence once more; however, it did not last long as a different topic rose to disrupt it.

To the words said, Alec would rub the back of his head as he frowned a bit in thought. “Mmm. Well, you have more mercy than myself then and perhaps an even thicker skin. I know things could be much worse, but I just can’t open myself as easily once burned unless I know the trolling is in good fun. When it steps out of the play arena? Well...I don’t do so well swallowing it. Guess I seek something more stable and less flighty when I am serious about being with ya,” Alec would say in calm tones despite the subject matter. He may have been many things, but even the nicest of people had to draw a line somewhere, no?

“Trust others...Hmmm…” Alec would ponder that for a moment as he drifted from the book section over to the clothing section. He would casually look through the racks of clothing as he thought. “Well, I chose not to fully ignore, but at the same time, I find it hard to simply trust someone, with well myself so to speak, when they have shown signs of being trouble. Yeah maybe they can change, but from my experience...typically "I am sorry" is just another excuse to repeat what was already done in those situations…” Alec would say as he seemed to calmly scan the choices available to him; however, a perceptive person would be able to tell something was wrong there; however without further prying the man didn’t seem like he wanted to share. Regardless, he would bounce back up soon enough as he heard the other words.

“Well, I am not exactly throwing a final judgment with my ways. More like being cautious thanks to what I know. I do give second chances...I just have an odd way of giving them is all,” Alec would say before falling quiet for a bit to look a shirt. He seemed to be checking out the design on it and then making a face put it back before looking at another shirt. While his expression was neutral enough and his action calm, the air around Alec was slightly tense; however, it did not seem it was towards the other, but rather something internally that was bothering him. Even so he tried his best to play it off not wanting the other to worry and soon even this would be knocked off course as the chat took an unexpected change as the shadow within the man decided to join the fun.

To the response given back to his words, Alec found himself pausing in his browsing as he shifted a bit in his spot. He was bit uncertain where this was going and even more so because one seemed to want to tell the story and the other seemed to maybe not want that? He wasn’t sure. It was hard to read the chat between the two.

“Umm...I am not sure I would use that to describe him either…” Alec would begin and then hearing the rest of the chat, he would give an small and somewhat low uncertain “Ookay?” after hearing the discussion. While he was indeed curious, he did not fail to notice some undertones there that suggested that perhaps what he was about to be told wasn’t just an ordinary story...in fact if he could take that "for science" comment to heart, then said story may actually have to do with them...meaning the man and the shadow within.

It was this realization that made him wonder (after the fact GG Alec >>) that maybe this could be tricky territory. He didn’t exactly want to tread on personal space without the man’s consent, but then again...he wasn’t exactly saying anything to stop the shadow when he began...so maybe this was okay? He wasn’t sure, but it looks like the shadow would tell the tale anyway.

So pushing down his worry a bit, he would simply listen as the other began. Oh dear. What had he gotten himself into really? He was right in thinking this was something to do with the pair before him and while the subject matter was not pleasant per-se. It hadn’t gotten to a point where the young man was disturbed by it. In fact, the expression on his face was quite calm...until he was asked a direct question. To this, Alec would blink as he looked at the other, a bit unsure how to answer that. He didn’t actually have to...No. Alec shook his head slightly as he cleared that thought away to think.

“Well...considering you just destroyed everyone around me...I would be pretty afraid; however...I wouldn’t let you kill me either. I would fight back even if I was scared of ya or out of my league. I would do what I could to live...” he would tell the other watching the pair for reactions before hesitantly asking. “...Why?”

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:54 pm

He would blink at the response given. Isn’t the answer to that simple...? ‘’I guess I should rephrase myself then. What I mean is, if people don’t really pay attention or care about what I am saying to begin with, then I don’t even really want said attention anymore. Thus, it matters not. If I am getting ignored, how much does it actually count…?’’ Pretty much none, isn’t that right. Adding to that, he was not very pleased by having to repeat himself thanks to someone’s plain ignorance, and so he would generally just concede to leaving it be, unless it really mattered to him. He didn’t really need approval for the most part anyway.

When receiving the lengthy speech, he would cross his arms over his chest. ‘’Okay…is probably not the right word. I tolerate it, but I’m not sure I’m always okay with it. It may come naturally for you to be emotionally all over the place, but I’m generally not good at dealing with it when it happens to people around me. I barely can when it’s just myself. So while I can handle when it does not go completely overboard…it is not something I would choose to do on most of my days. If it’s for someone I care about enough, I will concede and try, but generally…it’s not my thing. I want people to be honest, yes. On the other hand, I can’t claim to be comfortable or pleased with everything that comes as a result of said honesty.’’, he would close his eyes momentarily, thinking on how to phrase himself. ‘’It’s not…that I have a problem with emotions…but, I’ve already been proven I don’t mesh well with those that don’t know how to reign in theirs or simply act out more than is normal.’’ It tended to create some sort of tension early on, and it never ended all too well. ‘’As for the confusion….I suppose I would try, but many don’t really listen to reason at that point…’’

Arguing with someone who counters most of your stuff with some subjective emotional assumptions? Right, good luck with that when you get there. He would rub the bridge of his nose. ‘’Everything has a good and a bad side. Being too calm doesn’t always win the game…’’ Actually, while it may have not been extremely apparent, this whole talk was getting him mildly frustrated. It had little to do with the other guy himself though. ‘’Yes and no. In the given situation, I suppose it served me well to not keep at it for very long….but I don’t think I can consider it a fail, nor a win in the end…’’ His way of thinking was a bit odd with this one, to be honest, but he didn’t know what more to say as is.

He would snort faintly at the following words, shaking his head afterwards. ‘’I think you’re widely missing my point with this one. I’d rather not be the way I am. At least, not to this extent. I wouldn’t want to blow up and all at every opportunity, no, but don’t think what I describe is any better.’’, he would furrow his brows slightly, trying to decide how to explain this one. ‘’Look at it this way…try to imagine a situation in which someone you know decently enough is upset, crying and all that. Logically, you should feel bad for them and at least want to help in some way, yes? Now imagine that despite that, you kind of don’t really feel anything and actually either don’t quite care or get irritated by being stuck in such a situation. What would you do?’’, he would sigh. ‘’What I’m getting at is, that it’s probably better to be the one who is able to help, rather than not knowing whether it is worth to try doing it and possibly just making it worse, or whether you should just want to disappear at the moment. ‘’ Of course, not to say he always ended up that way, but it was more common than he’d like it to be. ‘’Oh, I do, yes. But I’ll have to say it doesn’t tend to make me feel much better in most cases. Most people don’t even really turn to me as a friend, because I can’t give them bags of sunshine and rainbows on command right away. Such friends, really. In general, people want me around when they have use of me in some way. And if it surprisingly does go beyond that, they make a move a bit too late for me to be sure about wanting to take the hand.’’, his tone carried a decent amount of sarcasm this time, and perhaps even a little bit of bitterness, but it was hard to fully discern.

He would just huff at the comment. ‘’Good for you then.’’ He saw nothing worthwhile to branch that off to anyway. ‘’I don’t know what they expect then. You to go around asking everyone’s preferences like some fool? It would probably land you in a similar hole though, as many people don’t like being asked such stuff as a first thing instead. I personally don’t care, but I’m sure a good deal of people may be touchy with it if they aren’t secure in what they like.’’ It was just mere speculation though, as he had nothing to support his claim, and he didn’t go around trying to pick up guys and judging their reactions. It wasn’t like him to be a player.

He would purse his lips lightly at the whole play – seriousness explanation. ‘’I still think we are sort of the opposite. I don’t play well when just starting out. Not when I truly like someone.’’, he would give the guy a faintly apologetic smile. ‘’If I do so enough for it to be picked up….then it most likely means there’s no attachment at all. I play because I’m not too concerned about what will happen with it. To be honest, I usually stray from very playful types as well, when it comes to serious dating. Toy with me enough, and you can buzz off. I don’t have the patience for that early on. Maybe a little play is fine, but it has to be earnest. I prefer to work things out first, and then play later. Besides, I like to keep people at arm’s length until I feel comfortable enough in their presence, so it makes little sense for me to play around at first if I mean it.’’ He’d rather go slower first, and determine how it goes later. If it works well, he would be willing to go a bit faster in time. But getting in his face somehow right off the bat? That was unlikely to work, unless you were a master at pulling it off.

‘’I wonder how hard it is to just let people be what they want, as long as they aren’t getting in your face about it after you said you aren’t interested….’’ There was usually no need for extremism, but you can’t reason with some people. The corner of his lips would twitch mildly. ‘’You don’t really want to deal with one. Trust me on that.’’ Besides, why have a guy who is basically near being a girl in pants when you can just have an actual girl. Or guy. Whichever.

‘’I suppose I run the middle road with that. Though I can’t say I have a good history of getting along with people I’ve had a falling out with for whatever reason. Tends to be mostly grudges from their side, however. Can’t do much when someone isn’t willing to see things differently than they assume.’’, he would go silent for a while after that, mulling over the next words for an extended period of time before speaking up again. ‘’Can’t someone who appears as a troublemaker be loyal though? You know, I have gotten the same attitude you just spoke of from someone in the past. I managed to mess up a bit, regardless of the fact that said person wasn’t all that great either…but point is, all I got since then is them claiming I’m just making excuses when I tried to explain, because they were too butthurt to honestly try seeing it differently. As if people could never make mistakes they didn’t honestly mean in the way it seemed.’’, he would shake his head. ‘’Maybe that is one of the reasons why I’m more willing to stick around than I used to. It’s pretty pathetic when someone can’t stop giving you leery eyes after you happen to misstep once, whether it was actually intentional or not.’’ Yes, sometimes it could get you hurt again. But can you expect to get somewhere if you write people off pretty easily? No one is perfect. People can happen to hurt each other even when they are in love. Since everyone is different fundamentally, you can’t always line up with another person like in a fairytale.

He would smile wryly. ‘’Cautiousness can turn a lot of people off as well. I personally am not the most outgoing person to begin with…if someone starts tiptoeing around me, it will likely only get worse. Perhaps I’m better off with more open-minded people. Who knows. Everyone has their own odd quirks….’’ Or something. The more he tried to figure it out, the more tangled it got. Plus points for trying though..?

He would half-smirk at Alec’s hesitance towards the Shadow’s somewhat insulting style of speech. ‘’Take it as you will. Insulting me is his past time, so I wouldn’t be worried.’’ ‘’Come on, don’t ruin my fun.’’ Sure, like it wasn’t going places already. That aside, Sharaku would simply observe as the storytelling went on, not really pitching in for the most part. Until it was passed down to the other guy to give an answer of his own. He would laugh shortly at hearing it, letting the Shadow handle the situation still. ‘’I wanted to know who’s smarter. You’re bold though, I like that. Then again, don’t know how would you win without any weapon by your side.’’, the Shadow would snicker lightly. ‘’Who can say what is more foolish however….’’ He seemed rather amused. ‘’Where did I leave off though…right….so, while everyone else was losing their shits and trying to get away before they got killed, this one mofo tries to pet the Shadow and make friends….’’ ‘’Maybe I should remind you it’s probably the main reason neither of the two are dead as is.’’ ‘’Psh, still hilarious. I mean, who does that…?’’ Er..?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:23 am

Hmm. He probably took the earlier meaning too literal. To the words heard, the he would let out a low hum.

“Ah, I see. Well, I suppose you do have a point, even if I find that a little frustrating on my end and feel miserable when I actually end up doing said thing….” Heh. Life and its little knocks. While he couldn’t explain it. Some of those knocks hit harder than others and the effects lingered no matter how much a person said it was okay. He honestly didn’t want to hear that. The words making whatever guilt or emotion he had to contend with stronger. To be honest it had to do nothing with the world around him, but rather something internally that he could not fix….and in turn made him emotionally unstable at times. Even with the flaw, he kept that mess to himself most of the time. The only person that knew this flaw well had long since passed, so only hints of the issue was there.

It was not like anyone really wanted a unstable person…then again he had settled with that lot in life a long time ago. Regardless of the thoughts, the mood around the man remained calm enough as he shook his head lightly to clear away the clouds and refocus on the now. The lapse was a very small one causing only a few seconds of silence before he tilted his head at the other’s words. To what was heard, he would nod lightly.

“Natrual. I sometimes wonder about that…” Alec would say as he frowned lightly debating about if he should go further than that, but then shaking his head he would try again. “I will admit the emotional issues is a flaw of mine and while I would rather not place it on anyone, if you want me to be honest that unfortunately comes with the territory. I don’t think I am terrible, but a bad day is a bad day…hopefully you won’t ever have to worry about that if you decide to hang around,” he would say and then giving a light, yet sad chuckle he would continue. “Maybe we share that trait and just display it in different ways. I honestly try to keep the brokeness under wraps. Yes, I know it is a bad thing, but it seems to work better that way with people. Even if the results are empty on my end. I think…only one person actually got me as I am with no strings attached, but…I was only able to do that because they put in the effort to work with me….and I guess in the end that was all I really needed then…” and probably now, but he did not state that matter out loud as he shifted his mood into a slightly less sad one…though even that was a bit hard to do at the moment, so he didn’t push it far otherwise it really would come off as fake and forced. The end result of the effort made him seem more calm than mopey. Heh. He had to at least try to swim through the negativity within right?

“Maybe not, but the fact that you would try is more than enough for me at least,” Alec would reply back to the other’s words on confusion and clarity. Honestly, a try was more impactful than people knew. Even if one failed at it, the fact one attempted to do something was what mattered in the long run…or rather it was the try that left the most impact on him at least.

Speaking of trying, while the man did not seem to display much agitation, there was something about the way he rubbed the bridge of his nose hat caused Alec to carefully consider his next set of words. He wasn’t sure as he wasn’t that great at reading the guy, but maybe the topic that caused him to do that in the first place was getting under his skin in some way? He wasn’t sure, but instead of trying to make a comment towards what was said, he would simply nod.

“I see. Well, I guess we can leave it at that then,” Alec would say as he let the topic drop for the time being. If the other wanted to continue he could, but for the most part Alec would tread away from it a bit. Besides what else was there to even get at now?

As for the next set of words, Alec was surprisingly quiet as he listened to the other his calm expression crumpling a bit as he listened to the guy. When posed a question, he would look at the ground not answering at first as he heard the words that followed. When the other finished, Alec would glance over at the other debating about something before carefully stepping closer to the other making sure to let the other know he was invading his space with his action. If allowed to get closer, he would reach out with a pale hand and carefully wrap his arm around the other's and before moving in closer and to lean against him slightly. It was a form of a hug though it was in done in a way that they could keep walking without much trouble…if the other allowed this to occur for that matter.

If Alec was successful, the other would notice the was contact not out of love or trying to win the guy over, but rather one that came from the side of the young man that just genuinely cared about people. If he was allowed to stay where he was, he would stay leaned against the other as he kept moving as he spoke.

“You asked what I would do early if I were in your shoes. I would end myself right then and there. I am not sure how you did it or still do it, but I could not handle such a burden like that. It would tear me apart…and maybe in a way it has done that to you. I don’t know, but even so…I am glad you are still here even if you aren’t all sunshines and rainbows,” Alec would say his words low and surprisingly gentle. “I know we are strangers and words are sometimes just words, but even so know I am right here…I am not saying this to win you over or try to get into your business. I say it because I am honestly am concern and I mean what I am saying. I am right here and will remain here even at the end of it all if I survive this mess. So even if you have to leave, if you come back here. You’ll find me again. Right here…and if you fail to come back….I wouldn’t be able to leave you alone I am afraid. I would come searching for ya just to see how you are holding up. Silly I know, but this is just how I am and this is my long winded way of saying: You're not alone," he would finish and then let the other do with that what he will.

The words were true….and if the other found a way to twist that, then he supposed that was his deal. Even so he would continue to move alongside the other like this for a while longer his mood generating understanding rather than pity for the other. The road this one walked was hard and honestly he felt that words would not help the matter, but even so he had to try to help in some way. If anything could ease the burden even just a bit for the guy, he would be happy. Though how this would turn out was completely up to the other.

To the huff, Alec would raise his eyebrows slightly as a light sigh escaped him. He didn’t know what to do with this guy at times, but he supposed the reaction wasn’t completely negative, so he didn’t make a fuss over it. In any case, the light perplexity would be pushed aside as Alec smiled a bit and shook his head.

“I don’t know either, but I think in the end, they want me to conform. And unfortunately I ain’t for that load of shit and that firm stance set the world off for whatever reason. Not everyone, but too many for my liking,” he would say in regards to the subject matter of people and their explosive nature when it came to sexuality and what was expected of him as a guy in society. There was no way he would let the world tell him how to be him. End of story.

He would continue to browse as he listened only pausing when the playfulness vs. seriousness bit came to the front.

“Hmm. We are a bit different in approach. I like my games, but I am also not as dumb as some think I am. I know when I am out of league with the play and so stop and reconsider. Yes, I may say some things like "I like you" or "you are hot" off the bat. May even go on a tangent here and there. I won’t deny my openness or rashness in that department and maybe for someone a bit more picky this is a red flag to stay away. I am a goof and get that approach doesn’t work for all; however, if one were to stay like for more than the surface show, then they’d find I am not as big of a goof as I appear to be. Yes. I play and more than likely tease a bit just for the lols until I am quite certain you’re not running from me. In other words, if you display patience and tolerance for my play then, I start actually considering you seriously too and in turn adapt as I can. Doesn’t mean I love ya yet, but at least I know you’re serious enough to actually try in some fashion…and a try is a good foot in the door for me romantic or otherwise at least,” he would move his left hand to twirl a strand of his bang absent-mindly as his right arm moved across his body in a fold. “At least that is how I usually do things. Though with you, I was like what the hell. You really knocked me off my game,” Alec would say with a small smirk. Yeah this one wasn’t the normal run of the mill type, but even so the guy seemed to stay despite what happened both back then and now. And that persistence alone is what made Alec reconsider how to approach this in a serious rather than playful manner. He genuinely was trying to get to know the guy.

“Apparently really hard for some. It seems like you state your stance out loud and if it doesn’t match the norm, people look at you funny. It is weird, but something I’ve noticed in life. Even when you are like dude or gal whichever you prefer, I am so not into you, they still treat ya differently and kind of walk on eggshells around ya thinking if they zip up you can’t touch them…but that is just my experience with the situation.” He would say….extremist or not, it did not change the fact that 98% of the world always ended up frowning or making a comment when you were different. The thought made him frown a bit, but soon he was smiling again as he heard the comment on the drama queens that were guy.

“Haha. Alright,” he would say and then as the subject matter changed he his mood would shift a bit. “Well, I can be difficult yes, but I try not to hold grudges for exactly the reasons you state. I am not here to make the world my enemy or what not. I am trying to understand the world and who I am with to make it better. Not quite sure why the majority don’t want to take that route….Maybe it has something to do with being instantly pleased or something. Maybe people just don’t have the patience for that anymore…or maybe I am just old fashion in my ways. Kind of hard to say,” Alec would say stroking his hair a bit before pausing as the subject of mistakes were brought up. In an instant the mood shifted from playful to dead serious.

“The mistakes you speak of are what I call trivial. I don’t consider the flubs of life something to hold a grudge over and in the normal sense I can say yes. A person can be flawed and piss off you. We aren’t perfect, so I don’t expect you to not make mistakes. In fact, I expect them. I make them myself easily enough; however….” Alec would look away from the other as he was quiet for a moment as he did what he could to recompose himself and figure out how to word what he was about to say next. He was very uncomfortable with this next topic, but he felt a clarification needed to be made on what he was defining as a mistake. When he thought he got it all straightened out, he would look back at the other, clearly stressed about the issue, but still needing to word the pain. “I think I did my fair share of being loyalty and perhaps in a sense...the other was loyal too. I also I think I did my fair share in trying to accept “I am sorry” as true….when in realty it was the excuse needed to keep…the suffering alive… When you come across that sort of mistake…from someone you thought cared for you…you don’t trust as much anymore. Even when they say “I am sorry” and aren't harming you in the same fashion...the backlash from such an event exists and in turn throws up some walls...that are not easily taken down...“

His voice would catch in his throat stopping him from going in further for now as he looked down at the ground taking the moment to recompose himself and to keep the tears that threatened to come from actually spilling. It took him a moment, but he would eventually look back up at the other a bit more calmer as he gave the other a drained smile. “Yeah…it can be pathetic if you hold onto the wrong lessons…” he would say and then closing his eyes a bit, he would sigh lightly.

“Maybe so…but perhaps the caution is for valid reasons…doesn’t mean the other party is closed minded. Just quirky as you said,” he would say, the after effects of the emotion still lingered there, but slowly he was going back to himself. About time story time rolled around he was stable again.

When he heard Shaku’s words regarding the shadow’s behavior, Alec would give the other a sheepish smile as he brushed his hair slightly with his hand.

“Well, that is a hard not to do when it’s your face I am looking at when he is speaking," Alec would admit before his hand shifted to pull absently at his bangs as he heard the shadow speak. Heh. Guess they had their own way of dealing with each other. The dynamic was indeed interesting and much different than himself and his own shadow. It was...kind of cute causing the man to relax a bit more as he gave the pair a light smile that would fade as the story went on. Titling his head at the other as the shadow went on, he would respond back to the other's comment on being weaponless.

“I dunno, but weapon or not, I’d still fight. Humans do surprising things when they want to live,” Alec would say and then hearing the rest of the story, he would be quiet for a bit as he observed the man before him with an unreadable expression and then looking off to the side slightly, he would smile as his eyes closed and he bowed his head, his fingers still playing a bit with his hair as he heard the question.

“A person who has a kind heart and isn’t in it just to live for himself. Despite species or what not, he didn’t want to kill you and maybe in the end that is what you needed. Someone not trying to kill you. Maybe that was one thing that calmed your desire to kill all that came before you. I can’t say for sure though since you are even more of a stranger to me than him, but even so he is no fool. Just open minded and willing to take a chance with an unknown. Besides you can’t be all that bad if you allowed such a thing to occur,” Alec would say as his eyes reopened and he pushed his glasses up a bit as he looked over at the other.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm

That sounded a little extreme to be frank, but what do you do? ‘’Is it really worth it to be miserable over something as simple as that?’’ The other person could just speak up and let you know if you were accidentally ignoring them. Problem solved, assuming you aren’t doing it on purpose, in which case there really is no point in feeling bad about it, is there? This just didn’t seem like a big enough issue to get antsy over unless it was really large scale.

He would furrow his brows lightly as he listened to the whole issue matter. ‘’If you view it as an issue and being broken, then perhaps it is something you should look into fixing. Or finding out just why is it such a problem for you. If you could solve it, then you wouldn’t have to bother with hiding stuff and turning people away a lot.’’ And if he was actually okay with being that way? Then putting on a face wasn’t really good for anything, was it? Though, if it really causes people to not want to be close to you, then maybe something isn’t quite right. Depends on how common it is.....

‘’So you say, although my tries are usually not very useful.’’ Not in the way they should. And it wasn’t that he always tried. There were times when he would choose to not really bother. You can’t always expend yourself too much, just because you could give it an attempt. At times, you have to consider yourself before the other person after all.

He would sigh faintly but say nothing as the other decided to just drop the matter. He had little else to say without being given something to push off of. When the guy advanced on him after his talking, he would at first give a confused blink, and while he did not make a move to get away or anything, he did seem mildly uncomfortable with having someone leaning on him just like that.

‘’……why?’’

His initial response to the action would be a simple question, which was actually just a different way to ask ‘what are you doing?’ by using less words. It wasn’t that he disliked close contact, but he wasn’t the one to go for it randomly unless he was really in the state of mind for it at that moment. Otherwise, it was a smarter choice to know him better before attempting random hugs and the like. Touch is good, but not necessarily always.

Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 WtETGgG

‘’…you know, I kind of like being alone at times. After all, being alone is not the same as being lonely. I have my moments, but I am not quite asking people to be concerned over me even when I complain. I probably just talk too much, that is all….’’

Besides, all this talk was just dampening the mood further. All this concern and whatnot makes for a heavy atmosphere, and it wasn’t going to make him feel happier. And at times, he actually just felt more alone and hollow when people went on and on with trying to comfort him and the like, because it was a reminder and kept refreshing the memory that the ‘issue’ was there. He’d kind of rather have people be interesting company that doesn’t end up making him reflect on the sad stuff too much. Is it that hard to have an easygoing hang out…? At the very least, to start it off. It’s a little boggling to be doing this with someone you hardly know, instead of just…you know, normal stuff.

‘’Like there even is a real standard to conform to.’’, he would scoff faintly, pretty much leaving the matter at that. Who has the right to say others should conform to something anyway? There’s no sole ruler over the human race or anything like that. And this particular matter was really trivial as is.

‘’I do like goofy though. You can be both serious and playful at the same time, rather than just one or the other. Too much of either is a mood kill, in my opinion, unless it is warranted for some reason. I tend to prefer serious to start with, but serious can easily turn boring and bothersome when not handled just right.’’, he would shake his head slightly, his expression turning to something akin to a poker face.

Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 MN2AEwJ

‘’And frankly, you dancing around and trying to adapt to what seems the best way to go is about as charming as a cactus.’’

That was mostly meant as a joke, but really. In a way, he wasn’t lying either. He didn’t find the guy’s approach very charming so far. At the moment, he felt like it was being almost too serious right now, and even he could only take so much of that. He was kind of finding it hard to deal with this all while keeping a straight face at this point. Not really sure why, but maybe it was starting to be too much of this kind of talk for him.

He would shrug. ‘’I never really dealt with that, so I wouldn’t know. And some people are just stupid.’’ It’s as simple as that. Or they’re intolerant. Whichever. In the end, it’s the same thing to an extent. ‘’It depends on the person in question. Everyone has a certain amount of patience, and sometimes trying to figure someone out goes way beyond that. In which case it is probably better to move on and find someone who doesn’t keep bringing out the worst in you. That’s hardly what you’d want in life, isn’t it? But leaving it be doesn’t equal holding a grudge though.’’ The latter was an actual problem, while the former was just a way to settle things. Sometimes it’s really the better option to part ways, rather than hurting yourself further by staying around.

‘’…………………….’’

When the guy quickly jumped to clarifying and getting all stressed about what was said, he would stare blankly for a moment. Eventually, his expression would settle on a mix of mild exasperation and a bit of resignation. Either way, he would wait till the other was completely done talking about the subject. ‘’Are you always such a ball of stress? I was honestly just trying to hold some sort of discussion or such, since the subject was already afloat. You don’t need to almost implode on me thanks to a few words. Besides, I was just talking mostly about myself anyway. No need to take it too personally.’’, he would frown momentarily, as if thinking about something before speaking up again. ‘’I have literally no idea just what exactly prompted this sudden flip…though I sometimes wonder if it has to do with my wording. I wish I knew, but it’s rather hard to tell with English not being my native language to begin with.’’ He did think he was getting things right most of the time, but there are moments when you really don’t know where exactly the issue lies. ‘’Though, since you already brought that up…wouldn’t an apology which is a blatant lie be obvious fairly quickly? So they say sorry…but if the behavior doesn’t stop after that, that should say enough. As the saying goes, ‘fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.’ If they say sorry and aren’t holding up to their word, then there is no reason to keep swallowing more apologies from them. Someone who is truly sorry and cares about you would make completely sure they aren’t going to keep hurting you.’’ Perhaps it may be harsh, but while being forgiving is nice, it is hardly ever beneficial to give more than a second chance. Most people aren’t stupid enough to keep doing what started the issue in the first place unless they do not care about your wellbeing enough. In which case, it may be best to say bye. Some people love making a scene over things though, which is pretty bothersome as well.

Either way, moving on from this….

‘’We could be making it even worse for you.’’, they’d poke at the guy momentarily. On the note of that, how did that make it hard? They still had different voices, and while it was his face, he normally wasn’t opening his mouth when the Shadow was speaking. ‘’Y’know, maybe you could just look away then.’’ Maybe? Who knows.

‘’Haha. Against sharp claws, fangs and horns, I’m sure you’d do spectacularly…’’, he seemed to be mostly just amused by the answer he received. There are times when fighting is really futile after all. Regardless of that, Sharaku would just stare back at the other during the moment of quiet after all of it was done, waiting….’’Man, I wonder what is it with you, fighting and killing. Would you really expect some seventeen year old kid to even think they’d have a chance of killing a beast with their bare hands only? Even if one wanted to, they could pretty much do bullshit. None of them tried. The difference is that they all ran for their lives and didn’t stay there trying to be friendly.’’, the Shadow would just scoff before adding.. ‘’And I was just surprised, okay? That doesn’t mean I ain’t bad….’’

All that aside, at least someone seemed to be finding this whole scenario amusing…

Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 CB6LHSz

‘’Great, now he’ll be brooding for a while. Guess you win.’’

‘’Nevermind. Maybe he’s just insane. Boy, now is the time to run….’’

‘’Shut up.’’
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:28 pm

“Worth it?” Alec would repeat as he looked at the other with a small smile. “It is exhausting to be honest, but it is a thing I honestly cannot shut off. It just happens,” he would say with a light shrug. It was unfortunately a natural occurrence for him. He wasn’t sure if it was his thought pattern on life or something else that did it, but the lingering misery always came and stayed. Maybe something was wrong with him upstairs if someone like Sharaku was questioning the matter...Or maybe he simply thought too much about trivial things. He wasn’t sure at all and there was honestly no other way to describe the issue. He understood it didn’t make logical sense, but it still not change the fact it just happened.

As for the suggestion given, he would simply huff as he looked over to the side a bit as he continued to move.

“Solve it… Heh. I’ve been trying to do that for years. Nothing works, or rather what does work is too powerful for my liking. I don’t actually want to be a zombie just to be chilled,” he said as he looked over at the other the small smile still in place. He wasn’t expressing agitation with the words or his action though. It seemed he understood it was a huge problem that he did not have a solution to quite yet, even so he wasn’t offended by the words said or trying to make the point an argument.  He was simply making conversation at this point. In any case, he seemed pretty chilled with the whole matter for one reason or another - though whether this meant he was mentally exhausted or simply resigning to something else within was unknown. Either way he was being more calmer than before.

His attitude would remain calm still as he heard the comment in regards to tries. “Hmph. Perhaps or maybe we simply view the word “try” differently,” he would say as he reflected a bit on the situation. They both seem to interpret meanings differently, he missing the point most of the time while the other seem to translate what he was getting at a bit differently too. It caused a strain, but somehow...they were still face-to-face. Still talking, but how that was a thing he wasn’t sure. Even if the other had decided to stick around a bit more as of late...he had to wonder if he actually annoyed the guy to some degree...Maybe...or maybe he was simply annoying his own self and thus why he thought that way. It was hard to say. Regardless of this, Alec kept the thoughts to himself as the mood shifted both from drop conversations and actions done.

To the other’s rather subtle reaction to the whole comfort thing, Alec would stay nearby for a bit hearing the words before he pushed off the other in a gentle fashion and resumed walking by his side as he gave a very soft sigh as he shook his head.

“Maybe you don’t talk as much as you think. Maybe you’ve just found yourself around a person that feels too much,” Alec would say, his voice calm and his behavior surprisingly not hurt by the brush off or answer given. It didn’t seem that he had walled himself off, but he did seem to submit to something with this final action. This submission became rather clear first with his statement being rather to the point versus whiny. Following that the whole trying to adapt act seemed to evaporate as  Alec took a few mental steps back to re-evaluate the situation before him. The shift wasn’t huge, but there was a noticeable difference there. Even so the mood swing wasn’t a lash out of disappointment or anger. It was acceptance and nothing more…

The more the conversation moved on the more apparent this acceptance of the situation became.

“Maybe there isn’t a standard, but for whatever reason the people I’ve run into certainly believed there was one. Otherwise...I don’t think they would’ve said half the things they did. Unless they were just being impulsive at the moment. That is always a possibility,” he would state and then hearing the words on being a goof, he would snort slightly amused.

“You know I never thought that I would hear someone suggesting that to me, but then again … I have never gotten this off my game before either,” he would say and then hearing the comment about being as charming as a cactus, his lips would surprisingly curve into a smile.

“Just like I never thought I would to be compared to a plant...” he would chuckle softly before continuing. “Though maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. I believe all my charm was lost back at square one. I am pretty sure thos feelsy personality of mine only further dulled the shine,” he would say the words playful showing he wasn’t taking offense at the situation, but rather taking the blows as lessons. They weren’t pleasant to swallow, but he did swallow them and just decided to grow from them rather than let them beat him down.

“Maybe you are more fortunate on your path than myself,” Alec would say and then hearing the other words, Alec would fall silent considering the matter a bit before nodding. “True. Unless the goal is to be miserable in life,” Alec would say with a light smile before the crash came when the subject changed to mistakes. It seemed the other misinterpreted his intent with what had been said and this in turn caused  Alec to sigh a bit.

“My clarification wasn’t trying to destroy that. In fact, it just proves that we were on separate pages...which sparked the clarification to begin with,” he would begin as he took of his glasses to rub the bridge of his nose.  “...Also I did not take it personally... If it came off that way then it further proves just how bad I am with wording things or keeping my emotions in check. As for your question. It depends. When I am already under pressure or frustrated, then yes it takes me some time to pull myself out of holes and untangle myself from the feelings and stress, but on a normal basis I am not like this. I am actually more chilled and laid back to be honest…” he would say his voice calm and with a hint of gentleness to it. He would fold his arms as he continued, the oranges in the bag hanging lightly from his hand.

“You didn’t really trigger me. My mind was already there. As for your concern, I think you speak perfectly clear….I think the fault actually lies in the way my brain interprets what is being said. I mean I understand you on the surface, but...at the same time my interpretation of what you mean by your words have been widely wrong through out all this and even some of your interpretations about what I have said or do have been wrong too. Granted my own imbalance is no help to the matter, but even so. I think most of the flare comes from misunderstandings...” Alec would scratch his head at this thinking.  Now how did one fix such a messed up situation? He wasn’t too sure at this point... and to be honest the more he pondered it ,the more lost he became. He honestly didn’t want encounter to end this way, but it had. So now it was a matter of what to do with the mess now that it was there.

Regardless of this, the young man remained calm enough as he bit down lightly on the handle of his glasses, shaking his head at the matter when he could not find an answer to his wandering question. In any case, his violet eyes would narrow as he brought the other’s slightly blurred features into focus as he continued to hold the glasses in hand and listen.

“.....”

Silence. Had this one stepped on a nerve? No. Not at all. The silence actually came from Alec pondering how to answer what was posed.

“It is true a normal person does try to not hurt the ones they love and if they do that they do their best to keep the event from happening again. And to be frank the situation I speak of seemed like it was going that way. My partner at the time was always kind and charming. The sort you never peg as abusive, but one day he had a bit too much to drink and just let me have it. I thought about leaving then and there, but my partner apologized and said they could change. My partner...followed through on this. We went to get him some help and for a year things really did seem okay. Then one day, he went off me again for something little. After the second time I did bail. I gave my second chance and he betrayed me. So, I picked up my broken self and tried get all back my life,” he would say his expression unreadable and his voice calm as violet eyes studied the other. Yes. He was fooled twice, but who wouldn’t be fooled when someone pretended to genuinely try to get better? Perhaps the situation wasn’t as bad as the stress of speaking on it made it sound. Regardless of this, the conversation would drift from this topic eventually as story time and the concept of this shadow speaking while seeing Sharaku’s face came up.

To the words spoken, Alec would place his glasses back, his hand pushing them up as he smirked.

“You could do a lot of things, but I hardly think this situation could get worse,” he said as his hands dropped. “However, I am not going to turn my back on ya. Even if it is his face and your voice I hear up here,”  he would tap his head. “I still have my manners and face whatever is talking to me,” he would say as he gave a grin to the other.

“Maybe I would’ve. After all, everyone is different at their approach to things,”  Alec would say as violet eyes seemed to glow only slightly as something within stirred a bit. As for the next set of words….

“I said I would fight back to survive. This does not mean I’d kill you. More like just beat you enough to keep you down a bit,” he would say and then shifting his weight to the left he would continue. “The average kid would stand no chance, but you are running under the assumption I was normal to begin with. I wasn’t like him when I was a teen, so I could actually handle claws and fangs if threatened. So my words still stand. I would fight. As for the rest of the world? Well, I wouldn’t expect most to hold their ground against a creature of your standing, but he did. So that counts for something no?” he would say and then hearing the other comment he would give a mischievous smirk. “So you say,” he would tease the other and then hearing Sharaku’s words he would chuckle.

“Do I really? I mean won’t that cause a problem for you since you live with him?” he would ask with an amused chuckle his mood seeming to get better now that the situation had shifted a bit from the gloomy and all too serious. The mood would remain as he heard the last bit of conversation.

“Aww. You want to run already?” Alec would say and then tilt his head at the pair. “Are we making you uncomfortable?” he would ask his question mainly at the shadow more so than the man, but either could answer if they wanted too. Regardless, the words held playfulness to them, so this wasn’t to harm or strike arguments. If the other was legit uncomfortable, he would apologize, but for now he remained playful.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Sharaku would just furrow his brows, trying to make sense of the given explanation for a moment. He understood feeling a certain way when there was something to keep fueling it, but when you’ve already been assured plenty times that you didn’t do anything really wrong, then why would it be so hard to let it go? Assuming the person wasn’t lying to you about it of course, but still. Beyond a certain point it was a bit of a waste of emotion if you were still miserable enough to be affected by it. ‘’I don’t really understand….’’, he would mutter, but let it be at that. An explanation would probably just make it even more confusing.

He would rub at his cheek slightly at the response he received in lieu of solutions, but say nothing in return. Maybe he didn’t have anything to say, or he was just waiting for something. Whatever it actually was, he wouldn’t speak up this time around, letting a bit of silence float around. ‘’Yes, we likely do.’’, he would state simply as he stared ahead to wherever they were heading to at the given moment. A try could mean different things to different people, so there was no denying the possibility. And he wasn’t about to raise any kind of argument over such a simple matter, really.

Blinking at the other, mildly puzzled for a moment, he would stay quiet at first observing the man next to him and the unusually mellow reaction. He seemed to be pondering something as he narrowed his eyes slightly at the other. The oddly focused stare could make one uncomfortable if they didn’t know what it was for, though hopefully the guy wouldn’t assume the worst too fast. ‘’No. That isn’t it. There’s no too much or too little when it comes to that. Unless someone has a mental issue related to it, they are capable of feeling as much as anyone else. This is about expressing said feelings, isn’t it? That is where you and I differ. I do understand what you are trying to do, don’t get me wrong…I just…I usually don’t really seek having a lot of feels related stuff dumped onto me right on spot when I mention something. You…remind me of those kinds of people that get into the moment very quickly, and do what they deem as the nice and helpful thing to do…’’, he would smile a bit sadly. ‘’I seem to be surrounded by a lot of people who do that. I do appreciate your effort in a way…but this just isn’t for me. Food for thought for you, perhaps, but how much you feel isn’t necessarily the decisive factor. It’s how you channel those feelings and how you use them outwardly. You may think of your actions as a help, but the one receiving it may be needing a different approach. Admittedly, I fail at expressing myself understandably enough for the most part when it comes to these matters, but just because I’m not too enthused by what you expected to work, it does not mean that has to be the final answer to everything.’’ It wasn’t all too easy for him to speak on the matter, but honestly, what else was he to do? People tended to not quite understand him most of the time, so he had to deal with it somehow. They were getting all down because he didn’t act pleased, but they tended to forget that one specific nice and comforting action was not universal and wouldn’t have the expected result on everyone simply because they meant it genuinely. Reality is far more complex than that.

‘’Believing something doesn’t automatically mean you’re right. Therefore their concerns were mostly meaningless if you weren’t doing anything to them…’’, he would shrug. What is there to say about people who focus too much on things that should be everyone’s personal matter? ‘’There’s a lot of stuff you never thought about, isn’t there? There are always plenty angles to everything.’’, he would comment as he stared off to the side for a while before looking back at the other. ‘’Very amusing. Though I assure you the feelsy on its own has little to do with it.’’ There’s more in it than only that after all.

He would chuckle lowly. ‘’Not quite. I don’t deal with that because I either just don’t come onto everyone that looks good, or I simply don’t care enough to acknowledge their weird looks and all. It’s their problem if they want to act weird, and I have no need to stay around and entertain that to begin with.’’ Only if it was a person he already knew decently before it turned into such, in which case he would probably at least try to work it out. Otherwise, he would likely just wall them somehow. But honestly, he generally just didn’t trifle with this particular matter in the first place. ‘’If someone has a goal like that, then I don’t know what to say.’’ Why would someone want that at all?

…what did this have to do with destroying? Actually, never mind that. He would purse his lips slightly with a faint frown. ‘’I am no expert on reading emotions, but you did give off the vibe that something was wrong with what I said to you. Am I expected to not react when it looks like something’s up? I honestly don’t know what to say when you get all serious and stressy all of a sudden when I bring up a thing.’’ In lieu to that, he probably should have worded his previous statement a bit differently as well, but he kind of had no idea how to say it without getting tangled in something afterwards.

He would sigh. ‘’Okay. Enough. If your mind is really already places, then maybe we shouldn’t continue this discussion further or we’ll just keep running in circles.’’ That, and he just wasn’t in the mindset to deal with all that himself. It’s a little aggravating to get vaguely distressed responses when you’re apparently not even the direct cause at the moment after all. Maybe it’s best to just step back from that instead of analyzing it further until it’s done with a clear mind.

He would get somewhat lost in thought for a short while, until the talk about apologizing continued. His face would scrunch up in mild distaste momentarily before he’d click his tongue. ‘’This reminds me why I generally avoid alcohol. Really though, the way you are putting it, it sounds like he had a problem with drinking, and it was the main thing that caused him to have bouts of violence. I find it hard to say for sure whether he really betrayed you or not. People can do a lot of things under influence, and if someone has an addiction of sorts, it’s not easy on them. It’s hard to quit something like that, trust me. For some people, a year may not be enough to completely settle things. I can’t say much though, for I don’t know what state of mind he was in when he did it the second time….Or it could just be that he doesn’t react well to having things in his system in general…’’ Then again, he was only going off of what he was told, so there could always be more to the story…but right now it sounded…a bit unusual. If someone was actually deliberately abusive, why did it only happen for the first time when drunk? It brings up the question of what was the trigger for the second occurrence, and what it means.

‘’As you wish then.’’
What did it matter anyway? Though, if he could, he would probably roll his eyes at the explanation that came next. ‘’Pfweh, getting ahead of yourself, are we? If you were that skilled before, wouldn’t it mean you are even better now? Somehow, I don’t really think you could hold your weight against us in the present time though. Why would you have done that much better back then?’’ He wasn’t getting the point. Sure, back then it was only him, but not like he had been any weak. ‘’On that note, I’m still debating whether he’s normal himself.’’ Because reasons. ‘’Tch…’’

Hm? ‘’Nope, no problem at all.’’ Sharaku seemed relatively unbothered by it all. As for the latter comment…. ‘’Don’t be a doofus. I’m suggesting YOU run, duh….’’ What for was currently a mystery….

‘’I thought I told you to be quiet. And I’m just having fun.’’

‘’No.’’

‘’Yes. What is with you today?’’

‘’I know you well enough. That is what is with me. And I’m feeling generous enough to attempt saving the guy’s sanity.’’

‘’You especially shouldn’t be saying anything.’’

*groan*
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 11:22 pm

When someone suffered from internal stress due not to the world, but by simply having to live with themselves, the end outcome was always varied. On one hand, a person could fight with it and conquer it freeing themselves from the chain. Or one could submit to it and be miserable for the rest of their life. Alec straddled the wall between the pair. He didn’t exactly submit to self loathing, but it could not change the fact that when things came down on him, he fell pretty hard and struggled under the weight of his personal critic. This personal critic, it was always there beating him down as he struggled to get up. It was the thing that stressed him out the most and frustrated him to no end for there was no way to shut the thing up. It put him in foul moods and caused him to view himself in a negative light for a long period of time before he could pull himself back up. No amounts of “it is okay” or assurances that he had done nothing wrong could save him from the hell hole. He simply had to find his own way out of it. As for placing that madness into words? Well, he did the best he could with explaining it and the end result? Heh. The other party was still not getting it.

To the words spoken Alec would shake his head as he closed his eyes with a small smile. “It’s fine. I think…maybe not understanding is best here. You won’t have to worry about sorting the extra baggage that it would bring. Leave that me. I’ll find my way back to my feet in time,” he would say in soft calm tones as his eyes reopened once more. They would continue to move along the pathway at a casual pace.

When the silence came, he would glance up at the other catching the action the other made when he brought up solutions to his problem, but he took note the other was strangely quiet. Did he have nothing to say about that? Or was he thinking about something? Alec would go back to looking ahead as he asked a simply question to that. “Whatcha thinking?” he would ask before becoming quiet again as he moved to look at something else as he waited for an answer. He would remain quiet giving a small “Perhaps” to the whole try translation thing, but nothing more from there. There honestly wasn’t much more to add to that than what had already been said, so he left the topic there for now.

When his mood shifted as he came to an acceptance within himself about some fact about this situation, he would catch the look the other gave him and even the narrowed eyes as he was studied. The gaze made him a bit uncomfortable, but even so he decided to face it head on rather than run from it or assume he was about to get scolded for something he said or did. It was a mental struggle, but he did what he could to block out the critic as he listened to what came next.

“….” Alec was quiet for a moment as his eyebrows furrowed a bit in thought before his face was relaxing again as he shook his head. “I do feel a bit more than others and perhaps I can be considered a bit oversensitive. I think…Heh. I think I think too much and yes. I do act on what I believe is right; however, I learn from being knocked about a bit,” he would say as he looked up at the other with a small smile. “As for the explanation while it does give me something to think on, I think some of what was said slowly sunk in over the time I’ve been around you. It just took me a while to understand it is all and when I did understand it. Well…here we are,” he would tell the other as he remained mellow as they moved along. “Don’t take my mellow attitude as something bad. I am not down in the dumps about what happened. The reason I backed off was because I saw a truth is all,” he would say as he rubbed the back of his head a bit. His moods were at times hard to gauge, but what sometimes seemed like a negative reaction was really only him taking a moment to think. This case was one of those thinking moments.

Regardless of the behavior, Alec would eventually respond to the comment on people and what they had to say. “Maybe not, but they are gonna say it any way regardless if you did anything to them or not. People will just say whatever sometimes,” he would say with a light shrug to the matter. Couldn’t stop people from talking now could ya? As for that thinking comment…

“Heh. I am sure there is, but I think I told you before I have the tendency to leap before thinking, so what did you expect?” he would say seeming to take the comment well enough before he met the gaze at of the other as an eyebrow raised at the others choice of words. “Amusing? I guess.” Alec would say with a light shake of his head. He didn’t see what was so amusing about his fail, but he suppose some people had their own ideas and views on what they saw. So he didn’t question it too much as he shifted his weight. “Maybe so,” he would say in response to the feelsy comment. Yeah, he understood it wasn’t his feely personality alone that did this, but he was sure it added onto whatever cracks were there. Anyway…

Alec would give a light “hmph” as his lips curled into a small amused smile. “Well your way definitely can keep you out of trouble. Too bad I am not as good as walking away from an interesting face or behavior as you are.” Honestly he liked interesting characters both to look at and chat with. Sometimes this brought about good fun and at others it brought about trouble. Even so it was mostly good fun for the man unless of course the person he targeted proved more than just a good source of entertainment. In the end, everyone had their own way of life. Whether it was to be selective or playful, people always choose what worked for them….and sometimes what worked was being miserable. “I don’t think there is much to say about that. Some just like pain for some reason.” Though why some choose pain was always a mystery and one that got the young man tapping his lip in thought for a moment. He would remain relatively calm until the whole deal of apologizing and triggers were brought up.

After that whole deal came about Alec’s mood would remain on edge as he watched the other with a narrowed gaze. The gaze could be taken as anger if one were to judge by his serious expression; however, his vibe was far from it. He was honestly mentally drained and simply considering what was being heard in a calm fashion. He would let the other speak before taking a breath and releasing it slowly to calm himself. When he was composed enough, he would speak.

“No. Your reaction was normal enough,” he would say. “And perhaps I could’ve reacted better to what was said even if my mind was elsewhere at the time,” he would say as he looked off to the side thinking for a bit before violet eyes returned to the other. “Yeah. Maybe that is for the best….” he would say his voice mellow once more a he did what he could to collect himself. He…honestly wasn’t trying to be trouble, yet the more he tried not to be it the more he seemed to slip up and become exactly that. It was a bit frustrating even more so when he couldn’t find what triggered him in the first place. Yes the memory was hard to swallow, but there was something else that made the reaction more explosive than needed to be. Though what it was he wasn’t quite sure. Deciding not to pick at the wound for now, he would take the next part a bit better as he folded his arms at the other’s words.

“Well see that is the thing. When we first met the guy didn’t drink or anything like that. He was honestly chilled. Sure when he got angry he could be threatening, but he never touched me. And he didn’t drink as much as it seems. When he was with me, that was only time I remember him being wasted that badly. And maybe if it was only that one time, I could say that it was the alcohol that made him do it; however….he did it again without the alcohol, so maybe the tendency for him to do what he did was always there and he hid it well just like he did when he seemed to be getting better. Maybe in the end there was really no way of saving him no matter how much time was invested,” he would say his words calm and his personality stable this round as he seemed to have picked himself back up from the earlier break.

From here, Alec would remain stable enough his lips curled into a slight smirk as he heard the words of the others. “Back then I actually had the skill to fight back and do some damage,” he would begin and then hearing the rest, he would chuckle. “Though nowadays, I highly doubt I am any better than I was then. If anything I may be worse since I haven’t really had to use the skills for a while now. Even so, I wouldn’t just let you run me over if you did come at me,” he would say…not exactly bluffing either. Even if he had no chance of winning that still didn’t mean he wouldn’t try his hardest to get away and survive. It was just his nature. Even so he wasn’t saying this to mock or belittle the creature that spoke to him. No he had no doubt the creature was powerful and perhaps even more powerful now. Even so he wasn’t going to be afraid of him. If things did get ugly, he would simply have to deal with them then. It was as simple as that.

“Well why would you have to debate about that? It should be pretty clear humans are the furthest from normal you can get,” he would say to the shadow and then hearing the sound made to his tease he would only smirk. Maybe the shadow wasn’t as bad as he made himself out to be. On the note of good and bad, what was happening here?

While Sharaku seemed to be okay with having a grumpy counterpart, the situation seemed to change with shadow’s last comment and the conversation that followed. To what he heard, Alec narrowed his eyes a bit as he studied the other with an unsure smirk.

“Fun and run? Just what is he planning to do that I should consider running?” he would ask as he watched the pair before him. Just what was he up to and why was the shadow worried about his sanity? What could possibly go down that was worse than what already had occurred?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Hearing the response, Sharaku would frown thinly. If it was true that he needn’t worry about it, it wouldn’t have been brought up in the first place. Thus, it is obviously relevant enough to not get passed over as easily as that. ‘’Considering how it can seem to affect how our conversation goes, I am not completely convinced I can just ‘not worry’ about it. Even if I actually wanted to. Some things are hard to flat out ignore.’’ He wouldn’t really mind not paying it attention if it didn’t make itself known to begin with. Unless the other wanted him to be silent while he was ‘finding his way back’. That would be the only way the issue wouldn’t come into play specifically….

When the other interrupted his self-induced silence, he would at first say nothing as he looked at the guy for a moment. Eventually he would respond, his voice a slight deadpan. ‘’Thoughts.’’ In a way, maybe it wasn’t of much use to try asking him general questions about anything regarding his state of mind. Maybe the other should consider at least giving him some bait, so he’d actually feel interested in elaborating on such things. Or ask questions that weren’t as broad as that. He would never be able to explain what he was thinking about well, and he had little drive to try doing that unless it mattered to him somehow. Regardless of that, the next topic went void as well, and so they would walk in silence until the next exchange sparked.

Once he heard what the other had to say about the matter, he would close his eyes with a huff, absentmindedly running his hand through his hair. ‘’And how do you know that? Being outwardly sensitive doesn’t have to mean you actually feel more than others. Some people simply don’t show their feelings to others as much, regardless of how many there are….’’ Despite that, he would give the guy a half-smile afterwards. ‘’The truth is often different than what you think you actually see. So is understanding.’’ He would not explain more however, leaving the other to try and interpret the meaning of the words. It would appear he was getting at something, but what that was…well, that would remain a slight mystery for now.

‘’If you know they have no grounds, might as well just ignore what they are saying then. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn’t mean a dumb opinion should be given a passing just like that.’’ Well, people could say whatever and whenever, but it did not mean one had to listen to them unless they were actually making a valid point with their words. Freedom of speech isn’t an excuse for being an idiot in some way.

He would tilt his head slightly. ‘’I was simply stating that. Not necessarily expecting something. I do remember what you said, but there’s no rule that says a matter cannot be brought up again. If there was, I likely wouldn’t care anyway…’’ Some rules were not worth following, really. He’d rather make his own rules if he had to do something about it. He would just tsk lightly at the comments that followed, choosing not to engage further until they moved onto discussing different ways of people approaching. He would shrug. ‘’I have little interest in shallow hang outs. If people want me to stay around, they need to put in some effort too, not just have a nice face and behavior.’’ It could serve as a nice starter in some cases, but he would hardly stay around a person for no other reason. Honestly, usually he preferred to have people approach him instead. He wasn’t the one to go hunting for company.

‘’Pain has its uses as well…’’ It can. It’s just not entirely pleasant in most cases. That was beside the point however, as they soon moved to a bigger problem. He would give the other a leveled look, seemingly unaffected by the looks he was getting. Or maybe he simply wasn’t even reading that look correctly. Whichever it was, he would give no reaction until words were spoken. ‘’I don’t know what to say anymore…’’ , he would trail off, kind of leaving it all at that. It wasn’t that he was afraid of how these face offs kept ending or anything, but he simply didn’t have the will to keep flailing around within the mess. There are better things to do than that.

‘’Hm…well, I just found it odd. During the entire time, he has only done it twice. That almost suggests that he wasn’t really doing it for his own pleasure. If so, then he would likely show more signs of bad behavior than that. I’m no therapist though, so who knows just what was wrong.’’, he would shake his head slightly. It was just a theory, but people are hard to figure out in general. It’s always partially about guesses unless you have a way to confirm it all….

‘’Tch, you’re a pain.’’ And really, why was this even a topic of discussion to begin with? It’s not like they were going to fight and prove stuff. That would be a bad idea after all. ‘’Are they really? I find most of them boring…’’ It kind of depended on the human in question. Some of them could be pretty normal.

‘’….’’

Sharaku’s expression would fall for a moment at the questioning, and he would scoff lightly. ‘’Is there a reason why are you talking about me like I’m not right here? As for what, maybe nothing. You’re good at making me lose the mood.’’, he’d state, rolling his eyes a little. This is no fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping for Fools [Alec]   Shopping for Fools [Alec] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shopping for Fools [Alec]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2