Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost

PostSubject: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 pm

It was mid morning, the sun's rays pouring through the bakery's windows. It was calm, nothing notably out of the ordinary within the shop. It smelt amazing though, the freshly baked goods consisting of biscuits, loafs of bread, sweets of all kinds... The bakery's sweet aroma was usually enough to drag customers within the bakery, however, today was a rather slow day for the quiet street the bakery was stationed upon.

Regardless of this, the baker continued to finish the last batch of sweets for the morning. small pastry cakes and a loaf of pound cake were all that was left. Well, there would be more baking later in the day, but over stocking wasn't always the wisest thing to do on slow days. Regardless, the baker prepared the kitchen for another round of different goods if the shop got hectic later that day.

Aside from the baker's baking, and the lazy atmosphere of the bakery that morning, a sleepy looking boy sat at the register. He was wearing a beenie hat over his head, a simple black pattern adorning the hat. The boy had in front of his a note book and a pen, doodles aligning the note book's wrinkled papers. He apparently had been sleeping on the job again... But with the sun hitting him just right, and the sweet, sweet smell of the baked goods... How could he not be lulled to sleep?

Regardless, he'd stay slouched forward in his seat, a pair of glasses covering his slowly closing eyes. He didn't actually need glasses, but they helped distract people from his oddly shaped eyes. He didn't care none the less. It wasn't like he kept his eyes open very long.

The boy was wearing a white shirt and a pair of khaki shorts. He seemed about ready to fall asleep again, but maybe someone would walk through the door, the bell propped right in front of dinging, causing him to stay alert and attentive. Though, he really preferred if no one came at all... If they didn't, he could sleep more, and if he could sleep more, he could dream of cats... Oh, what a life...

~Zavie Bryce - Present Day~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 1:12 pm

*Jingle Jingle* The door chimed as Gabriel walked inside of the bakery with a smile on his face. “Hello, good morning.” Gabe looked around the room and noticed a younger sleeping individual that seemed to be working the counter. “hmm?” Gabe wondered if this child was the son of the owner or something? He could very well be the part timer that works at the place for the day. Still, to pick up someone so young, surely he must be talented, no?” Gabe wasn’t too sure if the sound of the door was enough to wake up the store clerk, so he walked closer and decided to tap on the small golden bell at the front table. “Ding..” He only tapped on it once to see if it was a better method in getting the kid’s attention.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 9:32 pm

The boy did indeed fall back asleep as the man walked in. He was having wonderful cat dreams. Cat dreams were the best of dreams... Though, it'd seem as if he wouldn't stay asleep long. A ding came from the counter bell, causing the boy too immediately sit upright. However, the momentum caused the boy to accidentally fling himself off of the chair and onto the ground with a soft thud.

"O-Owie... Er... Huh?" he'd say in a childish voice. He was still young, and so his voice naturally proved this fact. Though, with nary a further word, he'd return to his seat, putting on a half dazed smile for the potential customer.

"Welcome too the Heartfelt Bakery, can I help you?" he'd ask in his professional way. He was an employee of the bakery after all. He'd patiently see if he could assist the man in any way. Aside from that, he didn't really know what else to do... Most people were ready to check out by the time they came too the counter... Yet, this man had nothing. Strange.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 pm

This is the first time that ii have been to a place such as this. I was wondering if you could help me pick out a nice treat that i could use as a present?" Gabe would say was he looked around the few items that they had in store. "For this occasion, it's for the coming first week of school. It's my last year at the seven starts academy, and as a showing of good will, i wanted to give out nice treats to start off the semester in a positive light. Though, nothing that can break my wallet. "Gabe was kind to a good degree, but he still had to fend for himself at the end of the day. Maybe this child could provide him with some help in the end? He would hope so, Gabe would be in trouble if not. "Are you the owner?" It was a random question, but surely he couldn't be, right?
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Oh, so he's never been here before? That made sense. The boy would muse over the young man's question. Well, obviously he'd need something cheap, but tasty. It depended on how many people he was willing to feed as well. Cupcakes were always a good option... Though, going fancier with cookies or mini cakes could also work. Hm...

"Um... Well, what are you looking for, exactly? A cake, cookies, maybe something more exotic? It all depends on your budget and how many people, really." the boy would say with a gentle shrug, pulling out a book from under the counter. He'd place it in front of Gabe, opening it up too a page containing pictures of different sweets.

"As far as the occasion goes, we could do a design for you, if you'd like... It all depends on what you want, though. But first, we should really decide what you actually want first." he'd say with a gentle nod, gently tracing the pencil marking of one of his previous doodles. He'd done this for so long... And he really just wanted to nap some more... The sun felt so good today...

"Eh? Oh, nope. My mom and dad do... I just run the counter whenever they need me too." he'd say with a nod of his head. He was good at it, for the most part... When he wasn't sleeping... Or daydreaming... Or eating the stock... Oh dear...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Tue May 10, 2016 10:52 pm

First come first serve, i'm not saint. Twenty cookies of any kind would be something as a gift to the class. You also take into account of people who wouldn't want one, so i think it would be alright. "Gabe would say passively as he continued to look around. "Perhaps something star shaped? Or a bundle that kind of resembles the planets in shape? The design doesn't have to be fancy, but if shapes are too much to ask for..." He noticed that the child was yawing quite much. "Perhaps you work too much? I'm sure there is a cup of coffee with your name on it if you are able to appreciate the adult taste of well-brewed caffeine. Though, i must warn you, it's not for everyone. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 11:22 am

Only twenty? Hm... Well, if he'll do twenty, he should at least do two dozen, since the boxes come in batches of twelves. With a light shrug though, the boy would flip the pastry book's page too one filled with different cookies. They had their proper name and prices depending on how many dozens you wanted, one, two or thee. They could do more, but people rarely asked for four dozen...

"Ah, well, in that case... I'd suggest getting two dozen of a cookie you'd like. We can ice them blue and make them any shape you want. Just tell me what you want and I'll place the order." the boy would say with a nod of his head. He really just wanted to go back to bed... But, this person was here! And he needed help... Boo. Oh well, at least he could hear what he was saying! Some of the older folks here in Little Tokyo could barely hear even when he was yelling!

"Huh? Nah, I already had a cup this morning. The sun just feels reeeeeeally nice today... It makes me a little sleepy is all." he'd say with a gentle nod of his head, a pleasant smile crossing his face. He really enjoyed the sun shine right out side the bakery's window. He liked going to East Eden and sleeping in trees... That was one of the best feelings ever, in his opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Very well, i'll place an order for these cookies, how long would it take for these orders to be realized usually? By the end of the day? Tomorrow? I don't mind if the orders are backed up and i have to pick it up at another time, i would just like some fair warning to know what i'm getting myself into, thats all. " Gabe was pretty strict on time, he would have nothing to worry about if he knew the amount of time he had to work with. "Hmm..." The young boy seemed to be already on some sort of caffeine pick me up. However, he doesn't seem to be in high enough spirits. Perhaps he was just too tired? Maybe nothing right now was interesting enough to keep him awake?" Lets fix that..." Gabriel would take out a deck of card's.

"Do you like tricks? How about i show you something nice? Maybe that will wake you up a little?" It was suggestive, and Gabe wasn't going to start unless zavie was interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 2:01 pm

The boy would nod, idly flipping too a clean sheet of paper on his note book. He'd write down the cookies the boy wanted, along with... He supposed a star shape with blue icing? For a man looking for specific treats, he wasn't very specific about what he wanted. Oh well... This would be simple enough. With a gentle tap of his pencil, the boy would look up at the man with a light tilt in his head.

"It depends when you want them, sir. We can't very well give you the cookies a month before you need them... Also... They're cookies. They won't take long to bake at all... Um, but on that note, I need your name, address, a phone number, as well as a date you're willing to come pick the cookies up on. Then I'll need you to pay the cost of the cookies. A dozen each is $9.99, so two dozen is $20 flat." the boy would say with a nod of his head. He wasn't a math wiz, but he knew what most of the desserts and baked goods in the store cost by hear. It was easy to remember after your twentieth sell...

"Huh? Tricks? Mmn... I suppose so? But, I'm only sleepy because of the sun light, honestly. It's nothing to do with anything else... Warm sun light is just... Soooo soooothing..." he'd say with a yawn, rubbing his eyes. He didn't say no too the trick, but he didn't agree to it either. Sun light was so relaxing... How did more people not just fall asleep instantly as it shown just right through a window?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Sure...after this..." Gabe would say, changing his mindset over to his more entertaining self. In a way, whenever he held the deck in his hands, he felt like another person. He felt more like the gambler Shotaro from his favorite book. "lets begin... "

Gabe took for kings out of his deck and placed it to the side. After that, Gabe shuffled the deck skillfully at an angle so he would maintain eye contact withe the boy, while seeing the bottom card in his Peripheral vision at the same time. Gabe took a note to memorize that card as he continued his trick. spreading the deck of cards cards like a fan, Gabe would gesture his hand over to Zavie. " Take one. After you do, look at it....remember it, and place it on the top of the deck. Then i want you to cut the deck.... "

Strength
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Wait, huh? Wasn't he here for business, and not for games and tricks? This man was confusing... Plus, he had already used good led on him! Couldn't he just tell him the information he needed to place the order so he could leave and so he could go back to sleep and start dreaming of cats again? Why was working so hard?! Aaaaaah...

"I... Uh... But... Okay...?" he was honestly just flabbergasted someone seemingly so professional was reduced too someone trying to play tricks and stuff too a kid... He was old enough to run the store by himself! He should be treated with respect... Hmph.

"Ah, sure. Alright. Then you have to tell me what I need to know and then pay me for your cookies." he'd say with a nod of his head. Regardless, he took a card from the man's hand and looked at it. The Queen of Clubs. Huh... It's a card. Cool... Yep, card tricks... He'd place it where Gabe instructed and cut the deck in half as also instructed. He wondered what he was going to do? Probably pull a card out from behind his back, or just pull the card out from the deck, or something... The sunlight was calling him to sleep... Aaaah... Stay awake! Or try too, at least...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 pm

"Now, this actually involves you using your imagination ok? Imagine a murder or a criminal that committed an atrocious crime, and there are a group of detectives trying to catch that criminal. Just keep it mind. The murderer is the card you picked...." Gabe then flashed the four kings. " And these are the detectives on the case. Now, will the culprit get away? Lets find out!"

Gabe placed the four face cards so that they're sticking out of the deck about half way and in the order of: face card, original bottom card, face card, selected card, face card, card after selection, face card. "These are where our heroes are searching, alright?"

Gabe then folded the deck back up and left the four cards sticking out. He turned it on edge and hit the four cards against the table. Three alternate cards popped up, with the queen of clubs being in the middle. "Though, the culprit was so elusive that the detectives had to call on some people for extra help. For such a tough investigation, i wonder whats the deal with those three people? They aren't detectives, so who do you think they are? " Gabe was allowing this child to help build the story.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 am

This guy was kind of creepy now... Who just said things like that? It made the boy look slightly meeker all of the sudden, probably scared. He hated violence... Ever since that day... Why did people have to do such terrible things? Even if they weren't exactly human, they didn't have to hurt people. Why couldn't everyone get along? This game only made him sad now...

"A-Ah, okay... I guess..." he'd say with a light shrug, still trying to be polite. He really just didn't know what to say. Was he trying to make him smile, maybe awed? Well, if it wasn't a cat, he didn't usually get excited over it. Though, he could at least do his best to look interested... Even though he wasn't yet...

"Uh huh..." he'd say with a nod of his head. Well, heroes or not, they probably were skilled in tackling the bad guy down... Still, it made him quite sad. The thought of all the violence... He really wished someone would just end it all...

"I don't know... Maybe the kitty crew?" this was kind of confusing... Was it like a story you wrote with a friend? If so, he never did this kind of thing before. It was kind of hard to just come up with something on the spot as well. What exactly was he supposed to say that made sense? Mmn... Games like this were hard...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Thu May 12, 2016 1:57 pm

To finish the trick, gabe took those three cards sticking up and hit them against the table; two face cards popped up. Gabe then Hit those against the table and the queen of clubs popped up. " Tada!" Gabe finished the trick, but he had more of a story to tell. However, as a performer, he noticed that he was probably making the child uncomfortable. It's a bit sad when the crowd gets a little rough and they don't enjoy it. " Ahh... sorry... sometimes, i feel the need to perform one way or another. And its the only thing i feel like im good at sometimes..so..." Gabe coughed and went on to purchase the cookies.

How much was it again? 20$?
Gabe would say as he took a 20 out of his wallet and handed it over to the kid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Thu May 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Oh, that was an impressive trick... How did it work, exactly? The boy would blink a few times. In all honesty, he wasn't thinking the card trick would be that elaborate. That meant this guy knew what he was doing. Who was he, exactly? A street magician, maybe? He'd seen a few before... Or, at least the cats had and told him about it. He was curious now...

"Huh? Well, I think you're not just good... You're probably the greatest magician I've ever seen!" if not the only one... But, he didn't exactly need to know that. Regardless, he seemed easily distraught. Maybe it was just because he was bewildered by the experience? Well... What else did he expect from a tired kid in a bakery?

"Plus, you must be good at being nice to people. You're buying your class cookies and you took some time out of your day to entertain me. That shows a caring heart. My mom and dad say that's one of the best things you can be good at! Mhm mhm!" he'd say with a smile. He was seeming less sleepy now, if that contributed to anything. Though, the boy would take the money and place it in the register, handing the man a receipt afterwords.

"Though, I still need your name, number, address, and the date you're willing to come pick the cookies up by. If not, I can't process your order further and you kind of just gave me money for nothing!" he'd say in a joking manor, even if the statement was slightly true on more than one level. Well, he wasn't obviously an idiot... He'd give the boy the right information... R-Right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]   Today at 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Heartfelt Bakery [Gabe Gatsby]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next