Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Morning Light [Mae]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm

"Yeah... The demands of Society keeps getting bigger and bigger..." One only needed to take a look at a fashion magazine to see a prime example of huge expectations... Of course, Mae was no different than any other girl when it came to that subject. She wanted to look nice. Was that so wrong? But the demands of society was a little bit too high. You should be this skinny, have that perfect skin-tone and all that fun stuff. Sure, she kept all that in mind, but never did she follow the "Standards" religiously. That never seemed healthy to her. What's so attractive about being so skinny you see your ribs?

"I'd like to give people a chance before judging them completely... That's what we all do, right?" Well, Mae had somewhat trusted Sharaku since the day he had told her about the Broadcast, and everything that was tied to it. He didn't attempt to hide it or anything... Not that she wouldn't have found out on her own... Everything he had told her then had been true, as much as she didn't want to believe it to be at the time she found herself alone in that desert. "How so...?" Mae asked him, now curious. Was it really that admirable of a trait?

"That's precisely why I'm worried." Mae said, frowning a bit. "Jack has an un-canny ability to get into all sorts of trouble... and with Charles being around, he'd get dragged into that as well." That no-one could deny. It's almost as if the guy was cursed to be forever unfortunate with these kinds of things... Perhaps you get a bit reckless when bad things become the norm...? "It's not that I doubt their strength, but... given how they are, I can't shake this feeling that they'll bite off more than they can chew..." And little did she know that Mae was indeed right about that... a day earlier, things happened. Shortly after the barrier was erected and all that junk.

"Oh, what's with the sour face?" Mae said, flicking his nose playfully. Then a sudden realization came to her. The woman put her hands on her hips, leant forward with a frown, staring at him, mere inches from his face. "...You think I'm gonna get back together with him... aren't you?" If her suspicions were correct that is... but why was he pouting about it? Wasn't it him who had said that Mae and him would never work out...? Was he... concerned that this meet-up with Charles would actually hurt her...?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:23 pm

He would snort lightly. ''Makes you wonder what are they hoping to accomplish by setting such high standards. Make the people that can't afford to measure up feel like they're not good enough?'' Of course, it's not like you had to think of it that way, but it's still kind of a downer to find out certain requirements are just way too high for you to complete at the moment. People can be great without imposed standards, so why does it keep going that way?

''Sort of? But it's hard to actually pass a final judgement either way. Usually, I feel like I don't really know a person all that well even after being acquainted for a good while already. So I'd rather be a little cautious than blindly trust them just like that. It's not that I would doubt everything they do, but I won't eat everything that comes out of their mouth either.'' It was a little complicated, honestly. In a way, he was sort of on the fence with that one. He would give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases, but still keep an eye on them in case they did decide to do something foul when given the chance. ''I don't know. I'm just not sure how much I want to believe in people at times, seeing how many of us actually set everyone else back instead of being helpful. It's already bad when conflicts such as wars happen. What if humans just destroy themselves completely in the future? At that point, trusting someone would be hopeless.'' At times, it appeared that humanity didn't even have much respect for itself, or anything around it.

He would shake his head. ''You reap what you sow. They ought to know what comes from being too reckless and silly. And deal with it. You can't hold their hands all the time, so they should learn that themselves. If they can't do that, then you'll end up worrying over a lost cause eventually.'' How was it fair anyway? Some guys acting foolishly and causing everyone to worry about them excessively? Well, they better own up to it at least. Because it starts being an annoyance to always have to worry about them as if they were little kids. They sure aren't anymore, so they could at least act like it.

He would swat at her hand absentmindedly. ''Nothing.'' At least, nothing he found important enough to tell her at this point. Not when things went as far as that already. Plus, he'd just sound contradictory if he told her what exactly was on his mind right now. He'd puff up his cheeks slightly as she got in his face. ''Even if I did, what would that change?'' It's not like he would force her to change her opinion because of him. ''But no, I'm neutral on that, although I wouldn't see it as the best idea if you actually did do so.'' That's what he'd say, at least. ''Why do you assume that's what I'm thinking about?'' As a matter of fact, it was nearly the opposite at the moment. He didn't really want to go in circles around Charles anymore, but he didn't seem all that eager to state what was actually up.

Zane Rowe : TBA : TBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am

"Yeah... it kinda is in a way... I mean, no one's perfect, you know? So why ask for people to be perfect?" It was really unreasonable to think that everyone would perform flawlessly with everything nowadays. But then again, that's kind of how things go when the population has grown this large. When there were so many options, you'd obviously want the absolute best, yeah? Even at the cost of giving everyone a fair chance. That was just how things worked... A Flawed system... It did a poor job, but it worked nontheless.

Mae only nodded in response. She agreed there for the most part... Mae was a little bit more trusting than Sharaku though. Perhaps it was just because of the difference in how they grew up? That could certainly be a big factor in the long run, that's for sure. "Well... My trust towards new people isn't paticularly great, but I'm not necessarily cautious around others either..." It was a little bit tough to explain properly... but she certainly didn't blindly trust people she had just met... Not anymore anyway. As a kid, yes, she was a lot more naive than now. But that's then, and this is now.

"That would be a rather sad end, honestly... But it's not that unlikely either." Mae shrugged. The potential of a third world war was certainly real, that she knew. But how high was the risk of it occurring anytime soon? It was impossible to tell. "Well, there's no point worrying about that... I mean, it's not like we can do anything about it on our own, yeah?" They would need a major intervention for that kind of thing to happen. Then again, when it came to their world, with personas and whatnot, one person made a big difference. Just thinking back on the whole Angel Event was enough of a reminder that one person could do a lot.

"You do have a point... But I can't just leave 'em out there, fighting evil on their own, now can I?" Mae replied with a light frown. "I... got this power for a reason... to protect Azores... to protect those I love and care about. I'm not gonna let it go to waste. If they're out there, fighting for the rest of Azores, then I want to be there with them, damn it." They were a team, after all. She felt a bit guilty for not being able to aid in the fight against Nesoi... but she'd make up for that. "Silly or not, they're still my friends..." It's not like she was really worried. She just... wanted to be there, and fulfilling the duty she was given. Gonea had given them all this chance to keep the home they had wished for... and now, they had to prove that they could defend it against whatever threats may come their way.

"It... really wouldn't change much..." Mae said, biting her own lip lightly as she backed off... "Now... I need to do this... I suppose I've gotten everything I wanted to say off my chest now..." A light smile made it's way across her face. "I honestly don't know what I would've done without you, and your support." She rested her hand on his shoulder for a moment as she spoke. He really was a precious friend... One that would stand together with her no matter what happened... Today, if anything was proof of that.

Well, with all that out of the way, she could finally move on. "You're the greatest friend I could've ever hoped for... Always sticking up for me, no matter what happens." She'd Close her eyes, pressing the palm of her right hand against her chest, right over her heart.  

"From the bottom of my heart... Thank you for everything you've done for me..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:05 pm

He would turn his head to the side, thinking for a moment before looking back at her with a blink. ‘’I say everyone is perfect in their own way…It’d be better if they focused on encouraging people to do what they’re good at, not forcing them to attempt being the best in everything. All that does is create unnecessary pressure and tire everyone out.’’ People weren’t machines, and although everyone had some sort of talent, it wasn’t easy to develop that when having to always deal with meeting numerous other expectations that the society is setting.

Hm. ‘’So, what did you think of me when we first met?’’ It was kind of easier to apply it on an example, and the answer ought to be interesting enough anyway. Even though that had been around three years ago, and there was no saying if she used to view the matters same as she does now. Regardless of the circumstances though, he’d still rather go this way than talking about the general in circles.

He would frown slightly. ‘’That’s sort of the point though. We’re putting our lives on the line to save everyone and the world from some supernatural crisis, but if people go and kill each other later on….then it kind of feels like we are risking ourselves for naught in the end.’’ If people can’t maintain proper peace normally, then what will this change? A few people will dance with danger to save everyone, and the rest of the world will just continue making bad decisions that could lead to another bad end of its own. What kind of future are they really fighting for here?

He’d close his eyes with a sigh. ‘’Technically, you can do whatever you want. It’s not like there are any rules…’’, he’d shake his head lightly. ‘’Although, point is that you have to pick. Can’t do everything. You can either stay here and protect those kids. Or go out and help them. Or spend the time talking to someone like you’re doing with me now. And so on. You can’t be at every place to protect everyone you know, so you have to make some priorities eventually. So what do you want? You have already posed two very different ideas by now.’’ Honestly, he wasn’t sure what she really wanted. One moment she was hesitant to leave this place because she wanted to protect the kids. Now she wants to go out and help those two. Yet, the two actions contradict each other. Unless you can clone yourself and be everywhere you wish at the same time. You do one thing, and miss out on something else. It’s always been that way.

‘’……..’’

She was really something, wasn’t she? But it didn’t feel right to him. It’s easy to say all that, but a thank you doesn’t always cut it. He wondered if she had an idea about how all of it even made him feel. How much of it just hurt. He couldn’t really feel happy about being a friend in this manner. While he wouldn’t claim it’s not important at all, relationships that were primarily about having to frequently offer some help and support…were simply tiring. He did it because he preferred to pull through when something already came up, but if he had to withstand a lot for someone else at his own expense, he didn’t really know how to feel about that. Was this how it was supposed to be? He came here to resolve her issues with him, and somehow he got roped into dealing with her problems about another guy in the end. Instead of squishing him with her insecurities so often just to give a thanks in the end, perhaps she should learn how to stand up on her own so that this wouldn’t really keep happening so often. Such a great friendship, really. He was having a hard time figuring out what was it even based on. Why can't one have something more easygoing for once?

Honestly, he wasn’t sure how to respond to that right now. He’d bow his head down, gritting his teeth slightly.

‘’You shouldn’t be thanking me for this….’’

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:16 pm

"Yeah... That's the heart of the problem, isn't it?" Mae replied with a light chuckle. "Everyone has their own skill... their own talent... that they don't get to utilize properly. But society has become so large and demanding that only those who're close to perfect truly succeed and make a splash. The rest of us... just get idly by, largely ignored by society..." And that's just how society had grown to be... to change that would be to change the very foundation of their society, and while it did sound good on paper, a system like that probably had it's own slew of problems... and it would most likely just turn back to the current status quo.

"What I thought of you...?" Mae asked with a raised eyebrow. She actually had to think hard on that one, since a good two and a half years had passed since then. "When I first met you at San Malarus Station... I guess I kinda liked you? In a way? I mean, you were nice enough to talk to me, and even offered to show me around. So, yeah. I think it's safe to say that my first impressions of you back then were largely positive." Mae nodded with a thin smile. Now, it was his turn, no? "What about you then? What did you think of me back then?" She couldn't deny her curiousity in this instance. Besides, he had brought it up, and the subject matter was certainly better than wha they had spoken of previously.

"Well... would you rather watch the world burn sooner or later?" She'd try to postpone it as much as she could. The girl still had some faith in humanity, after all. Sure, they had done some horrible things, but nothing that they couldn't redeem themselves from later on... It was all a matter of growth, and eventually, if humanity didn't grow extinct from it's own devices, then it would certainly unite under one banner, given enough time...

"Yeah... and that's what aggravates me... I can't do everything at once... but I have to make a decision... and I don't wanna be the only one capable of fighting back that won't lift a finger to stop all this. This is my... no... this is our home..." At this point, she wanted to fight for the sake of everyone. A future for the kids, her friends, and her home. She'd grown to love the islands and their people over time, and she wouldn't let it all just vanish. Not when she had the capacity to stop it. Just like back when she first got her persona... her feelings about the matter hadn't changed. She wanted to help... but there was always something holding her back...

Back then, it had been a lack of confidence in her own strength... everyone she knew was overpowering her easily, and she just couldn't see how she could've helped at all. This time around, she was stronger, yes and she had the will to fight back. Now it was the kids that worried her... But deep down, Mae was mostly willing to fight for their sake... their future, over her own. What good was she as a caretaker if there was no people left willing to adopt these children once this was all over? It's not that she didn't trust her friends with the whole situation... because she did. Mae just wanted to be fighting alongside them for a change.

"What are you talking about, Sharaku? You've been so selfless all this time... when I mentioned Charles, and all that, you could've just left me to deal with it myself... and yet you didn't. I don't know why you didn't just leave right then and there, but..."

Her left hand would slowly reach out towards his chest, and rest upon where his heart was at. "The reasons why, I don't know... but I do know that you're doing a very noble and selfless act... If that's something I shouldn't be thanking you for... then what should I? You  don't have to deny any praise that's given to you that's very well deserved. You're kind... perhaps a bit too kind in some situations..." She smiled warmly towards him "Your selflessness is something I'm really fond of... perhaps it's really the underlying reason as to why I like you as a person... Sure, you might not be doing it for the right reasons, but..." She took a deep breath, before looking him straight in the eyes.

"You have a good heart... You're always looking out for those around you... It's really quite admirable..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm

''Well, I don't like that. I don't want to be doing something just because god knows who says it's what everyone should do to get noticed in any way. They tell you what's supposedly right, but often that just results in limiting people's options to get by in life properly.'' Of course, it was nearly impossible to change that, but he wasn't going to like it regardless. Why should he really focus on things he doesn't even care much about just to have a chance to get somewhere?

...kind of? ''I found you somewhat amusing, though not in a bad way. Although, it's hard to tell because that blue haired guy who joined in later was getting on my nerves. If nothing else, you made a better impression than him.'' There wasn't much more he could say on that. He didn't remember all that happened word to word, and honestly, back then he was even less outgoing than now, so it was hard to form a good opinion. Unless it was something intense enough that he would definitely remember forever. ''There isn't much I can say. I usually don't pay people extra mind on a first meeting unless they do something impressive, or I know that I'm actually going to end up meeting them more often in the future.'' Well, he had to filter through somehow. If he met the same person again, he would take more time to consider.

He would click his tongue lightly. ''If I know it's going to burn anyway, then I don't quite care. It can happen sooner if it wants to. At least I won't need to keep waiting around and worrying about it for too long.'' Why push the doom away forever when it's meant to happen no matter what? The sooner the storm comes, the sooner it will go away as well. ''And if there is no guarantee that it ought to happen, then neither. I don't see myself as some hero, and I sure don't always enjoy risking my life for everyone. And then something like it just happens again anyway, as if the previous one hardly even mattered.'' Well, what had they really accomplished? It went as far as Hyde dying just to bring back peace, and look how long that actually lasted. Is it worth it to fight and make heavy sacrifices when a victory is as unstable as that?

''Well, you sure have more motivation in this than me. Sometimes I feel like it's pointless to really lift a finger in the end. You're basically just signing yourself up for some sort of hurt, and there's no guaranteed happy ending even if you manage to win. We won last time but it doesn't seem like anyone truly remembers that anymore. Not in the face of another catastrophe happening out of nowhere. We beat that, just to get this barely two years later.'' It was annoying. He didn't want to spend the majority of his life defending everyone around him, over and over again. What's really the point of this?

Tsk...

He would stay quiet for a while, deciding how to even answer to that. Saying it's admirable is one thing...but, that was her point of view on it. Just because she appreciated something didn't mean he thought the same of it, or assigned it the same value. He'd give her a somewhat hollow laugh. ''So you say. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. It's all that, just words. But what do I get from that? That's like claiming you'll fill your stomach by listening to someone talking about food.'' Which logically didn't work. You needed tangible food for it to truly matter. Sure, he could appreciate the thought, but it only went so far. It's great as a side support to other things, but as a standalone, a thank you and all that is just extra air from someone's mouth. There needs to be some steady base first.

''You're right. I often do that, but perhaps it's just because I hope things will end differently for once. To be honest, I kind of did want to leave when you turned it all towards Charles and your relationship issues with him. Because it has little to do with me, and it hardly feels nice to sit here and listen to your love problems with some other guy after all that already happened. I may give too much, but the real result of that is that as I help others, I just hurt myself. Do you think a thank you and stating how admirable it is will honestly change that any? Such words can lose meaning easily, when they are all you truly have.''

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Mae only nodded in response to his words. They were beating a dead horse at this point. There wasn't anything they could do about it anyway... Not without help from something like the angels anyway...

That... she didn't necessarily expect. But at the same time, her memories from back then were hazy at best, and she didn't remember any details. "Heh, is that so, eh?" Mae replied with an amused chuckle. At least it wasn't in a bad way. And yeah... that Kazuya guy... was an odd one. She hadn't seen him since that day either. Whatever happened to him anyway?

"Ah, I see..." Mae replied. "Well... I'd like to evade it for as long as we can... I know, there's no real point to it, if it's just delaying the inevitable... But the same could be said about living? Why live when you're only going to die anyway? It's what we do with our lives, and by extension, what we as humans do with our existence that gives value to our lives..." She certainly didn't plan on dying anytime soon... but if the time came where she had to bite the bullet, then she'd accept it... But not before she at least got everything sorted out with her and Charles. Leaving it on this kind of note would be... un-fulfilling. "And yet you do... If we don't do anything to stop this, then who will? The police certainly aren't gonna be of any use against a threat of this kind, that's for sure... But I do see where you're coming from. I certainly didn't choose to get these powers in the first place, but... now that I have em, might as well make the best of it, you know? It pains me to see bad things happen when I could've done something to prevent it..." She had always been like that. Heck, one of the reasons why she had even taken on the job as a caretaker was to, you know, take care of and provide shelter for those incapable of helping themselves... Like children... And that same mentality applied to her "supernatural life", so to speak.

"Well, I dunno... I guess I just have a lot of things to fight for... I certainly don't want any of these kids to die." Now, here was something Mae had been wanting to ask Sharaku for a while now, and this was as good of an opportunity as she would get to do so. "If you feel that way... is there something, or perhaps even someone that you're fighting for...? Like, there's someone important, or close to you that you wish to protect?" There had to be something, right? Otherwise, why fight? For the sake of doing what's good in the end?

"...Is that really how you see things...?" She had no idea... Well, an idea, sure, bit she never thought it'd be THIS bad. "See...? Why didn't you just leave? To not make me sad? That's it?" While it was a nice thought of him to do so... he... may not have the best of intentions when doing so. "...Or is it more like you feel obliged to? There's always a choice you have to make when it comes to these kinds of things." For one thing, he needed to learn how to handle praise properly. "Regardless, I wouldn't have blamed you if you did indeed leave... I just... I didn't want to lie to you about this." She'd say, before thinking a little bit about the subject. "When it comes to helping people, it's important that you do so for the right reasons. It's a matter of "Do I want to help this person?" and "Do I need to help this person?" I'd focus moreso on the former, if I were you. If you force yourself to do favors and nice things to others, it'll feel less... I dunno, genuine? For the lack of a better word." Well, that was her two cents on the subject. Obviously, she didn't know everything... and maybe this just wasn't as solution to his problems, but at least Mae would know that she at least tried...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm

‘‘So it is.‘‘, he would shrug lightly. He didn’t really have anything to add to that at the moment, and it likely wasn’t any relevant either way.

He would give her a questioning look. ‘’Hm? What exactly do we do with our lives? Not taking in mind unnatural situations like this one, most people just go through life in similar ways. Grow up, get a job, and so on. What is the actual value in existing? Other than the fact that most of us follow the same guidelines unless some catastrophe shakes it up. Even then, it proves to not be the most pleasant option.’’ How often did humans actually do something of real value? He wouldn’t say that their existence could be defined by that, since they truly raised their heads out of the sand only when something big was happening that they couldn’t just ignore it. Outside of that, it was just useless bickering between some of them, at best. ‘’There’s no guarantee you’d be able to prevent something even if you attempt to. It’s always just a theory. Though, my point is simply the fact that I do not like how this is done. Why is the fate of the world always dropped onto a few people while some of them get to slack off since they don’t have any powers? Why do ‘we’ have to save everyone’s assess all the time? I never understood just who decides who gets a Persona and who doesn’t.’’ It was a little unfair, to be honest. And sometimes annoying when you not only had to deal with some dangerous enemy, but also look after civilians so they don’t die from some small breeze.

‘’…..’’

He would frown. ‘’….not really? There aren’t many people I know well, and the few that are close to that can honestly protect themselves without my help. I either fight for myself, or simply out of principle. There’s not much more to that in most cases. I’ll assist when the situation calls for it, but I can’t say I’m fighting for a set reason of the kind you imply.’’ He was hardly that close to anyone. If he was, then he wouldn’t be walking on his own the majority of the time. Sure, he wouldn’t like seeing people die, so in case he was around or someone asked him to come personally, he’d help, but besides that he didn’t really hold onto anything as tightly as that. He had never been given a serious reason to do so.

‘’Do you think I don’t know I can choose what to do?’’

‘’The ‘why’ isn’t really all that important here. Even if, I don’t think you’d honestly follow my reasoning.’’ Technically, it was neither of the two options she posed, and while he could attempt to explain, he really didn’t want to dissect this further for a few reasons. In a way, she was missing the point, but that was nothing new for him anyway. ‘’Ah. Then tell me this. Would you stop helping someone simply because you were told you aren’t doing it for the right reasons? Just like that? Is it better to do nothing, only because it might feel less genuine if you go for it?’’, he’d shake his head. ‘’Honestly, if I were forcing myself, I wouldn’t be here anymore, trust me. I have my boundaries.’’ It wasn’t really about that. ‘’I do have a question, however.’’

‘’Why do you feel so insistent on telling me thanks and making me accept it? Thing is, I’m fine without it as well. And while I don’t mind some appreciation, it’s not like I’m required to swoon over someone thanking me, am I? You’re making this into a discussion, even though it likely doesn’t need to be. Do you feel obliged to thank me?''

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:59 am

"Isn't that enough? I mean... a normal life like sounds nice. I want to get a real job, have kids, grow old and experience as much of life as I can. I don't paticularly see a need for there to be a higher purpose with it. So long as you're proud of the life you've lived before dying, isn't that enough?" Of course, one could do a lot on ones life to sort of... live on through the generations. To be remembered. Sure, Mae wanted that too, but... if she wasn't, then there wasn't much she could do about it. "The value of life is what you make it..." And that was pretty much her answer on that... So long as one felt a purpose to keep living, then wasn't that worth it?

"Yeah... I get your point. I've been asking myself that ever since I first got my powers. "Why me?" and other such questions... And yeah, it'd be better if we all could pitch in to save our world... then again, the powers might be abused, as you've seen before. Perhaps not the wisest decision to only give a few people these abilities, but it's certainly better than having a ton of people abusing them... wouldn't you agree?" She didn't like this situation at all, but she was never one to walk away if she could do something about it. She'd rather use her powers for good ends, than not using them at all.

"Hrm..." Mae thought about what Sharaku had just said. So, aside from self-preservation, he didn't have a real reason to fight...? "So, no other motives aside from survival at this point? Not that there's anything wrong with that... but..." She paused momentarily, thinking on how she should continue. "I... just thought there was someone you held dear... I... guess I was wrong." A slightly troubled smile made it's way across her face. Why was she so bothered by this? She knew Sharaku had been on the run for years, and making friends wasn't exactly something he did... and yet she thought... no... she hoped that Azores had changed that... evidently, she was wrong on that part.

"Because..." Mae started, in response to his question... She had no other words for what he had told her earlier, but this... she knew the answer to without even thinking.

"We're friends... aren't we...?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Eh, that depends on how you look at it, no? ‘’I’d say to each their own. For someone it may be enough, for someone it won’t. For example, I don’t care much about the ‘having kids’ part and growing old. Nothing against it, but I wouldn’t say it’s something I literally want. Besides, with how life throws problems at you sometimes, it’s not always easy to be proud of living.’’ It could be as simple as being born at a wrong time and place, making your life hell somehow. Some things just make it hard to be proud of what you did before you died. If only it was as simple as that. Even then, some of the basic stuff everyone expected you to do with your life were boring. Or could be, at the very least. Not everyone automatically likes what is considered to be within ‘normal’, so universally saying such ought to be enough doesn’t necessarily work. ‘’If circumstances let you make it what you want.’’, he’d comment simply, letting her take that as she would.

He would shrug. ‘’I honestly think it’s the same. Even out of the few, there could be some who choose to abuse. The less people have it, the less of those that can stop strays if some come up. Honestly with the situation involving all of the islands, as well as a different world underneath the water? I’m not completely sure the numbers we have are enough for us to be confident. Some of them probably aren’t even very strong yet, which means that we’d have to protect them in the midst of everything. I don’t know how many exactly have the powers, but based on what I’ve been seeing even last time…only a few people are actually being active and seriously dealing with what is happening. The fate of the world hanging on the actions of a few humans. Not sure if I should find that amusing or just sad.’’ Abuse is one thing…but frankly, that can happen whether there are 10 or 100 people. It would just be a different ratio in the end. Having trouble dealing with the issue because there isn’t enough firepower? Now that could be a big problem too. With a small amount of useful people, one person making a mistake can affect a lot, and there wouldn’t be many available to help fix it. Which only puts extra pressure on everyone to perform well on the behalf of the entire humanity. How great, really.

He would turn his head to the side. ‘’No, I don’t think so. Most people I know already have others to rely on, so it’s not like I’d even be needed. Most people’s interest in me is only when they need me for something. I didn’t see anyone I used to know for the two years nothing was happening, and they didn’t appear to be putting in much effort. I don’t even know where the majority of them are now.’’ Was he bothered by that? Well, it wasn’t nice, but worrying over that was starting to get tiring. It’s not like he could make people care, and if they didn’t…well, what does it say in the end? He wasn’t going to die from being alone. At least, he hoped so. ‘’Do I look like I have any luck with that?’’, he’d give her a wry smile. It’s not like he would stick himself to just about anyone, and he didn’t have many options to begin with. Everyone was busy hanging out with someone else for the most part.

‘’…..and?’’

Being friends didn’t make it a given that thank you’s have to be said.

‘’I wasn’t aware that being friends makes this a necessity. I’m not going to think less of someone just because they don’t thank me. Unless they are completely rude or ignorant instead.’’

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Blob

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 pm

"It really isn't, no. That I can agree with..." It wasn't easy being proud of your life all the way through, as you'll most likely do something with your life at some point that you'll end up regretting. Mae had her fair share of those moments, but she wouldn't let those get to her. "That makes standing strong in the face of problems all more important... those that can't... well, they aren't going to get very far. Sometimes, you have to appreciate what you have, and make the best of it."

"Well, those picking us can't be perfect... if there is actually someone out there dictating who gets powers and who doesn't... It may just be a simple matter of chance." She sighed deeply. "We're just going to keep going in circles regarding this subject... there's both pros and cons to having a large amount of people with powers..." That's not to say that she disagreed with him. Quite the contrary. She wanted more to be able to pitch in, but... dragging them into a conflict that wasn't theirs to begin with... It just didn't sit right with her. Never has, never will.

When he mentioned the lack of people over the last two years, Mae looked away, ashamed. She knew it wasn't his intention to jab at her like that, hence why she didn't make much fuzz about it... Whenever this stuff came up, she just ended up feeling guilty over not have visited him over the last two years. But, she had only herself to blame on that matter... No-one else.

"I... see..." Mae replied with a troubled look. Well, she couldn't do much to change him... that was something he had to do on his own. She would slowly make her way towards the door. "I... Guess I should go now... Can't let him wait much longer. Take care, Sharaku." Mae opened the door, and did her best not to look back. Right now, she needed to be away from him for a while. Besides, she needed to settle things with Charles... Now, where was he...?

~Mae Iharu is leaving the scene, unless stopped~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onyx

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Hmm? But isn't the point of it to try to be as best as you can? If you turn to just appreciating what you currently have, you might miss out on other stuff. Besides...''Hm, do you?'', he'd sort of question, although he didn't expect her to answer in the end. She was often busy chasing a different relationship back and forth. Then maybe she should work on making the best out of what she had at the moment instead of running after possible problems? Honestly, things aren't as straightforward as that.

He'd raise an eyebrow slightly. ''Isn't that how any discussion goes? Everything has its pros and cons, but that doesn't make it pointless to talk about.'' You can go in circles about just anything there is, unless the two of you agree on the subject. Different opinions happen though, so what can you really expect out of that? He wasn't sure what she'd want to talk about then. Guess nothing since she didn't bring up anything else....Hm...

Sigh. What? She was the one who started asking about the subject, and he answered. Now she was gonna go all quiet like he said something bad. She must have known that was a part of it, so why did she question him in the first place if she had a problem hearing it? Enough of a problem to basically effectively kill the conversation since she just went silent rather than making some stand....

''..........''

...was she just going to run off now? Really? Aside from the fact that he seriously doubted Charles was waiting for her to run to him right this moment, this was kind of tactless. Don't know how to respond so I'm just going to say I should go, and even use someone else as the excuse for it. That's not what he'd call the best approach to a situation. Plus...wasn't she at work right now? Was chasing Charles suddenly more important than anything else? Either he wasn't getting her, or she was really all over the place with her convictions. He'd give her a frown, before rolling his eyes slightly. ''That's really your answer? Fine then, go chasing him if you're so impatient to leave all of a sudden.'' It just sounded way too random to blurt that while still kind of in the middle of something, but he wasn't going to argue the point. She could do what she wanted to in the end. That said, he would get up off the ground, making his own way to the door. It's not like there's any reason to sit at her workplace if she's going to leave him here alone. He'd give her one last look though. ''You know, maybe you should consider a different approach at times. While I appreciate the concern, telling me what is supposedly the better way to view something is not going to earn you much with me. It's not like I obviously mean bad to you by what I do or think, so I'm not sure why'd you want me to change more than anything else. And if I am somehow hurting you or doing something wrong, then you'd need to clearly tell me and work it out, because I can't always be sure of what I can do just by watching you or being given non-specific answers. Either way, I'm who I am, and sometimes you have to just learn to accept people being different than you in their way of dealing with matters even when it's not necessarily what you like the most, or try to understand first at the very least. Or find someone you get along with better if you can't. I don't have the obligation to fit myself to every person specifically each time just so they feel better about holding a talk with me. Faking it doesn't solve anything after all. Communication is important, but how it's done matters as well.'' Well, that's that? She could think about what he meant by that on her own, unless she'd decide to keep talking now. If not, then he'd leave as well. Who knows when they'd meet the next time...

~Exit, unless something happens~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Light [Mae]   

Back to top Go down

Morning Light [Mae]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4