Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Freedom... [Morning/Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Freedom... [Morning/Open] Empty
PostSubject: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 7:37 am

Freedom... [Morning/Open] YGSKfZu

"These hands... Forever stained with the blood of those who sought to contain... to control, are always going to be free... And will never be cleansed of the sins they have commited..."

What exactly had brought this man on the run to Endymion, one might ask. Oswald was honestly asking himself that very same question. What was he doing here, exactly? Well, his last job as a blade-for-hire had taken him to this place. He had been issued with protecting a young adult by the name of Adam Lovelace. A quite decently rich and powerful individual in North America, with a lot of political power. The Mercenary's job in this case was protecting him during a buissness trip to Endymion, and by extension, the R&D departments. As expected, the work there finished flawlessly, and Oswald, despite the important man he was supposed to protect, found himself sitting around most of the time, not really doing much aside from keeping a watchful eye over the surrounding areas while the meeting proceeded. Of course, he wasn't alone. Belle Schritt, his sister was there as well, issued with the same task as her brother. Everything went just as planned, with no hiccups or anything of the sort, leaving Oswald and Belle at the park, after they saw Mr. Lovelace off, with a decent amount of cash with them. Belle herself had used the money they got from that one job to set up a place of residence for the two here... As for why they decided to stay here after the job was done, is anyone's guess. Only the two truly know why.

And that brings us to where Oswald found himself now. The R&D Park, a place he found himself visiting quite often as of late. He really didn't have much reason to be here aside from just liking the area, and with Belle setting up their new buissness in town, Oswald generally didn't have much reason to stay at his future office, aside from overseeing procedures, and all that fun stuff. He of course poked his head in every now and again, but generally, he trusted his sister with managing the necessities. Contracts, taxes and all that other paperwork that's associated with migrating to a new country was something she had become a bit of an expert with, seeing as this wasn't their first time moving abroad... and quite frankly, Oswald was confident it wouldn't be the last.

An Amber-colored eye scanned his surroundings, more so out of habit than anything else, even though he knew very well that no-one here wanted him dead, unlike the Weidner Conglomerate and his family, seeing Oswald and his two siblings, as traitors. It was most likely due to his past experiences with staying around in one place for too long that had made this habit of his more and more common. Perhaps they really should be on the run, but... would his past reach him here? Maybe so, but honestly, Belle and Oswald had grown tired of moving constantly, and decided to settle down here for a longer period of time, if nothing else.

Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:47 pm

Gabe was sitting at a small setup table that he made for himself in the park. Sometimes it had a few performers that had maybe a hat and some dancing monkey around for people to get their kicks. However, in Gabe's case, he was more attuned to something pretty simple. The small sign said "a dollar a trick", which meant that Gabe would probably show anyone a trick as long as they gave him a dollar. It wasn't like he was in dire need of money, but nothing was necessarily given to people for free, and there was some sort of price that you would have to pay, one way or another. There was a little-known reason as to why Gabe was here, though it seemed as if the young teen was in his own little world in some sort of way.

Hey..." Gabe would say casually as he called out to Oswald, he looked like someone who could use some cheering up. "A nice trick could take your mind off of whatever you're thinking about. Interested?"

Freedom... [Morning/Open] 7bd4462f1d2141b3dd44bbf645b81d61
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:02 am

"Hm?" Oswald looked up at the man who just approached him out of nowhere. Why would he approach him like this? Well, what the man said afterwards did explain the reason behind this... sort of. A street-performer, eh? "Well..." He straightened himself up a little bit in his seat, giving the man an intrigued look, with the one eye not hidden behind the eyepatch. "Sure, why not. Not like I have much else to do anyway." Indeed. Normally he would've shooed him away or some such, as he wasn't too fond of people sticking their noses into his buissness, but... he felt nice today, and decided to give the street performer the benefit of the doubt here. If he wished to perform some magic trick, then who was Oswald to stop him?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 11:25 am

"Alright....ill make it a good one,."Gabe would swing back to his side of the table and pick up his unique deck of cards that was placed on the table beforehand. "Pick a card from the deck. No wait...." Gabe would say simply as he gestured towards the man to pick a card from the deck while adjusting his glasses. Those things kept falling off his face in some kind of way, but he still favored them. Gabe wasn't doing much of small talk, if any at all. " As i was saying, i'll make it a good one, so nothing too easy perhaps." Gabe would say as he pulled something from the deck and gave it to the man named Oswald. " Return it to me when youre done looking at it. "

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 11:02 am

A card trick, eh? Oswald picked up the deck, and looked through the cards carefully, after which he took a card at random from the deck, and returned the small deck of cards to the street performer. "Alright. What's next?" He asked. Now here he had to prove himself... A card-trick had to be very well done to impress him, as Oswald was not a man who was easily impressed by small feats.

He assumed that the street performer were to guess which card he had picked. Seeing as he had picked one randomly. "What's your name, by the way?" He would ask once the card trick was over and done with. He had piqued his interest. Making small talk wasn't exactly his forté either, but if anything, this would be a good start... right? ...Right?

Card Picked:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 12:27 pm

Gabe took the card back and  shuffled the deck thoroughly with precision and speed.  Gabe would then run through the cards slow that he would only see the faces. "Hmm? What the......." Gabe would say with a small hint of confusion for a moment. It seems as if he was going to comment on something, but he was asked a question beforehand. My name? Gabriel, you?" After a while, Gabe would sigh and  cut off a third of the deck from the bottom and hands it over to the guest. "I cannot seem to find your card. Please look through these to see if your card is there."

Assumingly, while Oswald looks through the first pack, Gabe cuts off a second pack,  just below the oswald's chosen card, handing over the second pack to Oswald while taking back the first one, placing it on the bottom. Gabe would then cut off the final pack  above the chosen card, and put back two on the bottom, also putting the third pack back on the bottom as soon as he finished inspection. "Well, did you see your card?" Of course, the answer will be no, because Gabe has been skillfully avoiding this card all this time. Right now, oswald's chosen card sitting on the very top of the deck! This half decent magic trick was reaching its climax soon.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am

Oswald raised an eyebrow at the confused expression upon the street performers face as he looked through the deck. "Oswald." He'd answer with a light shrug. "Hm? Sure." Well, this was most certainly part of the trick he was pulling. But oh well. Oswald did as instructed, and looked through the deck for the card he had chosen... And indeed... it was nowhere to be found. He had no luck with it either...

"No... I can't seem to find it either..." He'd reply with a troubled look, as he returned the deck of cards to it's owner. Even more decks...? Oh, now he saw where this trick was going. "Alright then, what's the next step?" He'd give him a slightly amused smirk, not something he did often, but this man's dexterity with his fingertips was extraordinary if this trick really worked out the way he thought. Suprise me...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:42 pm

So his name was oswald huh? Thats a pretty cool name, even though it might have a basic origin of some sorts. "Oswald, nice to meet you..." Gabe would say casually with a sense of thoughtfullness as he did a riffle shuffle, skilly keeping the top card the same and tapped the deck on the table. "I know what to do, first i have to shuffle the deck a little bit more. " Gabe then did an overhand shuffle, brnging the top card to the bottom. He mixed up a riffle shuffle too, keeping up wtith the illusion that he was really mixing up the cards at a high pace while keeping the bottom card the same. Gabe held the deck face down with his left hand and tilted the deck forward a bit, but he purposely didnt show the face of that bottom card.

"As i was saying..i want you to concentrate on your card. Just tell me when to stop dealing."
As Gabe said this, he used his middle two fingers to slide the bottom card back about a centimeter. He was dealing cards from the bottom of the deck, but actually sliding them out from beneath that bottom card. This continued untill Oswald would ultimately say stop, and when he did, Gabe straitened the deck and revelaed the bottom card. " 10 of hearts, did we find it?"

That felt really good, he hope Oswald was entertained

strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 pm

"Likewise, Gabriel." Oswald replied with a light nod. He had some manners. Some people lacked that these days. Freaking kids... Intrigued by the shuffling techniques used, Oswald looked carefully at what Gabriel was doing... Not that he really could notice anything iffy, due to how subtle Gabriel was with his moving of cards.

He'd wait for a moment, allowing him to deal about half the deck before saying: "Stop." In a rather laidback tone. "Hm? Oh, yes. It was indeed the 10 of hearts." He'd give Gabriel an approving smile. "Not bad. Not bad at all." He'd give him that, at the very least. He wasn't a bad guy in Oswald's eyes, that's for sure... Unlike the rest of the street performers he'd met whom had just been... either obnoxious, or way too demanding when it came to prices. "Here. You've earned it." The man opened up his wallet, and gave the man two 5$ Bills. "No need to be modest. Just take it with a smile, Gabriel."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:29 pm

"!!! Are you sure?! Can i really have this?" Gabriel would speak in an out of characteristic tone from how calm and cool he was. However, that was only due to the fact that he was rather surprised at the mans generosity. That was like 10 card tricks for the price of one, he only needed a few more bucks to reach 100$ in order to get the book he wanted. Honestly, it was as expensive as a college textbook, but it was rare and highly valuable. "Thanks Oswald, i really appreciate it, you have no idea how much this means to me." That's 50 more dollars to go, something noted in Gabriel's head as he puts the money in his wallet.

"But more importantly, this trick made you smile, didn't it? That's as good as a tip as any, i saw you in the park for a few minutes and it looked like you had something on your mind. So, i hoped that my performance would of cheered you up?" After giving a bow, Gabe would then start to put the cards away.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 8:31 pm

"Sure, why not?" Oswald replied with a slightly raised eyebrows. The shift in demeanour was a bit sudden, but all in all, understandable. "It's only 10 bucks. Nothing major." The mercenary shrugged casually, not caring much about the little bit of money he gave. He had enough money to go around here anyhow. "Well, as I said, it's no big deal, and you've earned it. It never hurts to get a little recognition for your efforts, now is it?" He'd give Gabriel a wink with his one, amber eye, before leaning backwards on the bench lazily.

"It sure did. And that was the point, no?" Even if only a small one, but still it was something. Perhaps not as genuine as Gabriel might've hoped, but it was leagues better than what he'd given all the other, good for nothing streetperformers he'd seen in Endymion thus far. Not a small feat, by any means. "In A sense, I guess so? I wasn't necessarily troubled. I was just... lost in thought. You see, I just recently moved here from... what was it? Charlotte... or something? Yeah, well, I moved here, as my new home, and buissness. Hopefully things'll flourish here. Endymion sure holds promise."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 pm

"Maybe not, but following my principle, 10 bucks is ten tricks for me. So you saved me some time, and im only half way to my goal." Gabe would then nod. "Though, it does feel nice to know that i might have some talent afterall."

As Gabe listened to a little bit of his background, he raised his eyebrow a bit. " Oh, so that's the background behind your divination. Though, I'm getting ahead of myself."  Gabe had his hand out and basically flipped his wrist while snapping his hand, a card almost instantly appeared in his hand from his sleeve at incredible speed. To the untrained eye, its as if it teleported to his fingertips.

Upon revealing it to Oswald, it was the 10 of hearts. " you see, i was curious, so i picked that trick to multitask and tell your fortune. Know what this card means?" Gabe placed it on the table and smiled at oswald. "Good luck, success. This is an important card that suggests good fortune after difficulty. "

Gabe would then fold his arms. " I dont know you personally, and you dont have to take that fortune at face value. But, i can only imagine what you been through before, and what it took to get here and start a new life. Your hardship is over, everything starts to pay off now."

Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:04 pm

"Ah... I see. Well, I wish you the best of luck on that." Oswald said with a light nod. "Divination?" Oswald raised an eyebrow. This... wasn't something he had expected. This one streetperformer was pretty good then. How had people not recognized his talent for this stuff was beyond him. "Well... I'm originally from Germany... But... eh. I've lived all over the world for the vast majority of my life. Nomadic lifestyle and all that." Plus his job earlier demanded a lot of moving around... not to mention that there were people out there who wanted his head on a silver platter... As a rather skilled Mercenary, you made many enemies, not to mention the Weidner Conglomerate and the Schritt family.

Oswald blinked when the card suddenly appeared in Gabriel's hand, and indeed, it was the 10 of hearts... "Hehe... I could use some of that, I guess." He said with a light chuckle. Oh, man did he need it. Sure, he was pretty good with his job and all that, but still... if everything he had planned would were to work out, he'd need a lot of luck on his side. "Starts to pay off, eh...?" Hopefully that was indeed true. He had come here to Endymion because he was tired of moving around every 2-3 months. He wanted a place to stay, and this seemed like the best city yet...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm

"You lived quite the adventurous lifestyle, some would say that you are a lucky individual if you got a chance to travel like that." Gabe returned the card to the deck and shuffled a few times before placing the deck gently on the table. "Germany though, you've come far." This man could probably speak another language as well. That was always good, to be bilingual to some degree. "I guess its true what they say, it is no so much of a home if there is nothing anchored that keeps you there. No regrets Mr. Oswald?" Gabe would question the man lightly, could he have any sort of regrets from leaving his home in the first place. Maybe not now, maybe even a few years from now.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 pm

"Heh, that's one way of putting it." Oswald replied with a faint hint of a smile on his lips. Something about this man intrigued him. It was difficult putting his finger on what exactly, however. "Not sure if I would call it lucky, though..." Indeed. Luck wasn't involved in any way when it came to his travels. He had been forced from the word go pretty much. Leaving his home country was the first thing he did. Thanks to his ties to the Wiedner Conglomerate and being part of a wealthy family, he could speak english fairly well at an early age. Still, there was a hint of his german accent still present when he spoke, but it was so miniscule it would take some serious effort to really notice it, unless one recorded and compared it to the accent of a native english speaker.

"Yeah. It hasn't been easy, that much I can tell you. I haven't been standing on german soil in 5 years. And I probably never will." He'd reply with a light shrug as he leant back on the bench, gazing with his one eye up towards the skies above. "Uhuh... I don't have anything left over there in Germany. So why stay? All that's waiting for me there is bad news."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom... [Morning/Open]   Freedom... [Morning/Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom... [Morning/Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next