Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:51 am

It was a quiet afternoon one fall day as a young woman sat on a tree stump and slowly puffed on a lit cigarette as she gazed up at the clouds lazily swimming in the sky.

She took a second as she drew in a lung full of smoke and toxins as she looked down and then over to a large blue rectangular tent with a V placard that read "The Mysterious Madam N's Fortune telling and Divination services." next to it.

She kept staring at the tent while she eventually burned the cigarette down to the filer and then ground it out, put it in a back in her pocket and then shook out another one, lit it and sighed while exhaling some smoke.

"Business sucks today..." She finally grumbled as she looked sky ward. "Should have waited till Saturday like usual."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Sada was passing by as saw the tent. He ended up smiling instead when he seemed to have run ins with more and more of the supernatural mumbo jumbo. Though, fortune telling? Was there really someone out here in this world that had some sort of ability to foretell someones destiny to a distinct degree? "Interesting......" Sada walked into the tent and looked at the woman who looked as if she was seemingly bored. "Oi......." Sada would say to get her attention. "For starters, I'm not paying until i get my fortune, if you're able to do what you claim you can do from the sign you have out there... show me ...." An impulsive desire to find out what destiny had in store for him, what is the fate of a man to denies equivalent exchange and desires everything the world has to offer to him?

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Honestly, Shunnosuke didn't kno why he visited such place. He for sure wasn't the type to believe in fortune telling and whatnot. He honestly didn't. While he was admittedly fairly knowledgeable about astrology and horoscope, relying on such tools and letting them dictate the course of your actions is just an excuse for the weak to shy away from the responsibility of their own life. A petty excuse.

And still....there he was, in front of the odd-looking tent with the dubious intention of coming inside. Should he? One side of him had his iconoclastic beliefs solid enough; the other side, who had caught the sight of the supernatural and magical entities, struggled to stick to Shun's old views. In the end, it all came down to two things: boredom being one of them. The other is: "what did he have to lose, anyway?"

Not like he would believe anything said, anyway, but he wanted to check it for himself and later return and shove in this fortune teller's face his own motto: "you're wrong and I make my own destiny". Boy, wouldn't he enjoy the satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Nori looked over when she heard the "Oi" and stared at the young man over her cigarette. She continued to silently stare at him while taking a puff when he decreed his demands. After she remained silent and continued to smoke her cigarette down to it's filter, she discarded it and responded.

"Piss the fuck off." She muttered to Sada as she fished for another cigarette, when she noticed someone else, loitering in front of her tent.

"Hey!" she shouted. "You want a reading?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:53 pm

IT figures, professionalism at its finest. Sada assumed that this woman was a fake, and all she did was confirm it. After taking a look at Shun, Sada would just laugh lightly. There was no sort of other acknowledgement of the man, he only looked at the fortune teller.

Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] Tumblr_nzkg72ZDAU1qc9zfzo9_250
"I'm not going anywhere without my fortune being told. Is it alot better to con the rich by telling them what they want to hear for an extra "tip?" If that's the case, I'll leave you to it, you gotta make your living somehow. "

Pathetic, even the pigeon guy was more entertaining than this. Sada wanted his fortune told, but he wanted something real. If he can't have that here, then it's a waste of time to be here in the first place. " First a pretty boy, now a substance abuse fortune teller. What's next?
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Whether this woman was fake or not, it remained to be seen. He was skeptical himself about the prowess of this lady, but the other companion acted in a very abrasive and harsh manner Shunnosuke hardly exposed any reaction to, save for a simply eyebrow arrogantly quirked right at him. Was he taking him for a stupid rich kid easy to be fooled around? — Perhaps. I wouldn't be here otherwise. — He decided to not pay much attention to him and answered the lady, exchanging not satisfied glances to the other young lad in the room. The smell of cigarette was something he could pass, and while he was not impolite to ask the lady to stop smoking, him delicately waving one hand in front of his face made it very clear he was far from satisfied with being a passive smoker. — So, who would get the "privilege" to be first, Miss?
Back to top Go down
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:51 am

Nori looked between the two. She then grumbled around her cigarette as she got off her tree stump and dug a hand into a pocket.

"I'll get to you in a second," she said to Shunnosuke as she turned to Sada.

"Ok, Sassy shitstain's up first and you're gonna get a freebie." She said around her smoke as she pulled her hand out of her pocket and showed three 6 sided dice between her fingers.

"Dice based Divination, it's a fairly simple thing." She said as she knelt down on one knee behind the stump. "I'll roll these three knuckles and add up the numbers." She said, shaking the dice in her hand. "If any one of them roll off the end, I'm going to keep going." She then paused as she looked over to Sada, "wanna blow on them to give them a little luck?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 6:40 am

"hmph, as long as I'm first....." Sada was here first, so he should get what he wants first, At least this "Fortune teller" had the simple decency to acknowledge that fact, no matter how they tried to spin it amongst themselves. This had nothing to do with privilege, Sada wanted to know if she was real or not. " As if my fate would change if i did something to those dice or not. I make my own luck, feel free to roll. " Sada folded his arms and watched the woman. If there was any sort of tricked that she used, sada would see it, copy it, and probably embarrass her with it. He didn't want to be disappointed, he had to know.....

Wait, why did he have to know?
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 am

Not that Shunnosuke minded the fact he was not the first one, he didn't, but it was rather amusing how, in one moment, the stranger was all about dissing the lady's abilities and in the moment after he seemed to be anxious to have his fortune told as soon as possible. — For someone who claims this woman to be fake, you sure seems eager for her services. What a difference a few seconds can make in your moral compass. — He folded his arms in front of his chest, covering his snicker contemptuously. Time to return the previous bickering back to this full-of-himself guy, the place was not big enough to accommodate both egos. — I like the way you think. But if you truly lived up to your own words, then you shouldn't be here in first place.
Back to top Go down
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 3:36 am

Shrugging, Nori shook the dice again and then tossed them onto the stump. One of the three struck another and flung itself off the stump and the fortune teller clicked her tongue through her cigarette. "Well, that's not good." She muttered as she watched the other two settle.

"Well then, let's see..." She said as she picked the two remaining dice up and turned them to show Sada. "Three and Four. Which makes Seven." She continued... as she then spat her cigarette out onto the stump. "Easier to talk without that thing in my mouth." She griped as she put the two dice in her palm. Nori then paused to fish the lost die out of the grass. "Well, let's go into my tent so I can consult the chart." She said as she walked past both and then pulled back the flap to her stall.

Inside the rather spacious tent were three glass display cases, each filled with hand made charms, fortune strips and other curios, in the exact middle of the tent was a small wooden table with two aluminium folding chairs. Nori herself walked behind one of the display cases and then extended a hand to the table. "You two can have a seat while I get the chart out." She said as she placed the dice down on the counter and began to fish something out.

"Oh!" She said popping back up. "If you want to buy something, you can speak up and I'll pull it out." She said, "The price guide is right there on the table."

Taped right in the center of the table was indeed a sheet of paper with a list of items in very flourished penmanship.

Custom Charm: $20
Good Luck Charm: $15
Tarot Suit: $5 per card
Fortune Strip: $10 each
Good Health Charm: $5
Good Fortune Charm: $5
Lucky with Love Charm: $15
Promotions!! Charm: $25
Sweet Dream Catcher: $45
Warding Charm: $15 each
Sanctified Salt: $1/gram
Misc. Holy Symbol: $2 each
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 1:40 pm

Sada raised his eyebrow when he got some sort of reaction from the woman. "7? What's it significance?" Sada wondered if he was going to get an actual reading or not? 7 was mostly associated with luck, did it make any sort of difference this time around?"....." Sada said nothing as he walked inside of the tent and sat down. He looked around briefly and looked at the fact that there were a bunch of charms available. Surprisingly, one charm stood out to him and Sada ended up pulling out his wallet. " Oi, Fortune teller... the custom....." Sada said in simple terms, just giving her a heads-up as to what he wanted. It was something specific in fact. While waiting, Sada decided to pay the rich pretty boy some mind. "Hey, pretty boy, what do you hope to gain from this anyway? " It was passively remarked, he didn't have to answer in fact.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Oh well. Shunnosuke never heard of divination using dice. He was well aware of tarot cards, crystal balls, tea grouts, but not using dice. Might serve them well. Dice are instruments of chaos and luck, be it good or bad, randomly decisive. However, how the fortune teller would read them was still a mystery to the teen. It was still quite odd, in the negative sense, that she had to consult a chart instead of knowing it by core. Makes him question how true are her abilities in the role she chose for herself...

Hm? — He glanced back at the dark-haired fellow who addressed to him. "Pretty boy"...? Now this was one unexpected compliment coming from such arrogant man, wasn't it? As for his answer....now that was a tricky one. — Is there anything to gain here, to begin with? I don't think even you believe so. Anyhow, I'm just willing to pay the bet and see if this is worth my time. What about you? — He said, returning his attention to the price tables. There wasn't much there that caught his attention, however. And besides, what would he make use for charms? Hm... Shun did register that the other young lad was as skeptical about these fortune telling sortileges as him, which was a contrast to his actual position. Was Sada just there to find failures in the reading and belittle the teller?
Back to top Go down
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:45 am

The one eyed young lady popped back up from behind the glass cabinet she was rummaging behind when Sada inquired about "custom" charms.

"Hmm? Custom?" She asked blinking her one eye, a rather large wooden cask in her hands. "Oh them." She said. "They're charms I make on commission for people who don't want one of the pre-made charms I have stocked." She put the wooden case down and pointed to a brush and ink kit in the display she's behind.

"I'm formally trained as a Miko for Shinto, so I am capable of making Ofuda charms for just about anything." She said. "So long as I can write the Kanji for it I can make a charm for it." While she was talking she opened the case and pulled out a folded piece of paper before closing and locking it again.

She walked around the case while scooping up the dice and then leaning on it when she was nearer to the two young men. "Anyway, I rolled a seven with a single miss." She said, as she squinted her eye at the paper. "Ah here we are. You might become the victim of gossip or a scandal some time in the future," she paused for a second,"or, there might be possible difficulties in business or money related troubles in your future," she paused again," or, you will be presented with a difficult matter to solve some time in the future. And since a die pissed on the roll all these potential problems will be even more grievous then they normally would be."

She lowered the paper and crossed her arms. "People think Seven is a lucky number, but it's not all the well received in divination."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:51 pm

"Me? If there is any chance at all to get an edge on what destiny has in store for you, why not take it? Living life with a high sense of enthusiasm is the same as living life with a sense of uncertainty. You have nothing but positive vibes towards the future, but in a way, you're leaving it all to chance. The most important thing you can do is attempt to take charge over what you can possibly control at this given point in time. That's what i'm doing..."

After that, Sada was interjected by the fortune teller. "Can you make something involving a cat charm? Nine lives to be exact, can you write the Kanji for that?" After inquiring, Sada listened to his somewhat unfortunate future. How ironic, wasn't 7 supposed to be lucky. " I either lose my soccer deal to some fuckery, get caught up in some fuckery due to he said/she said nonsense, or something even more trivial that i'm unfortunate enough to let be my responsibility. Sounds real, what's life without hardships?" Sada would then reack into his wallet again. "How much do I owe you?"

Which fortune was it? One was a setback, a heavy one. Two was just annyoying, and three...sada didnt know what to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Now, Shunnosuke didn't say anything in return. "An edge on what destiny has in store", isn't it? Yes...that could be useful. More than that, if he had the chance to learn about his future three years before, then he could have prevented some bad decisions. Lame decisions, regrettable decisions. He might have remained silent but he definitely could understand where the guy's coming from here. Unfortunately to Sada, Shunnosuke paid special attention to the fortune telling. And from what he could hear, his future would be nothing but grievous and gloomy. Well then. And here Shun thought the lad would react impatient and irritable over a bad prediction, but contrary to his expectations, he took it with a rather level-headed demeanor.

Hm... — He had one moment to think about it. Apparently, this guy was an soccer athlete at odds with some big deal contract. What would the future keep for him, then? Would he be able to receive a bad prediction that well if he were in Sada's shoes? All questions the teen wondered in silence. — Hm, Miss, I believe it's my turn now... — He did a polite reminder with some hints of insecurity. Merely hints, of course, but still... He wouldn't otherwise be this unsure if he hadn't seen the worst of the supernatural events with his own eyes. Way to shake a skeptical person's beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]   Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fortunes, Forcasts, Lucky Charms! [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next