Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Regarding Rogues in the Endymion Plot, whom exactly supplies the Persona suppressants - or failing a 'regular' supplier, how exactly does one get their hands on them?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:59 pm

You make that decision on your own app like before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newarcana.forumotion.com
Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:32 am

In the Endymion plot. The side arm part, does that have to be specifically a gun of some kind? Or can it be a different type of long range weapon as long as it follows one of the rules? Such as a bow with the revolver rules? Or like multiple throwing knives as a shotgun effect?

The Fox's Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:11 am

So...I wasn't sure what to do with this since this was a matter of building something; however, since it does have a question...okay multiple questions associated with it, I guess I'll put the idea here.

So my idea is a large shrine that is dedicated to Nyra and Philemon. The shrine is a large place that I would like to carry throughout various plots. The shrines design may change, but its purpose is simply this:

It is a place of training, some information collecting, and occasionally quest that give rewards (I'd run my request through DMs when that comes up). Training I am offering PvS (regular and dynamic), PvP, dungeonig. Staff can create characters that go over these sections or if you want I can be trained on what to teach and assign it to my NPCs. The shrine is owned by a clan meaning that each plot the owners will change; however, the clan members have power and this shrine is heavily connected to the spiritual realm (supernatural) so the functions mentioned above can occur, but of course within a environment that does not kill.

This clan in particular can be hired to do things such as dungeoning or as a temp team member for a price that would go through normal exchange means. Meaning I am not after the coin. They are optional characters for the occassion. Only one at a time can be hired.

So my questions for this are as follows:

1) Is this possible?
2) If it can be established would I have to ask each DM to keep it?
3) NPCs - The NPCs are two Priests or Priestresses (or a combo) one dedicated to Nyra the other to Philemon; however, they are not normal. They do not have persona, but they can summon demons and have Arcana associated with them. Meaning can a battle NPC be made and if so what are my limits here? Also due to Arcana can they be SL with?

So there you have it. What do you think?

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:07 pm

To Wolfie:

Considering the guns go based off Ammo purchased as shops, yes I will say they need to follow those guidelines. If you're using a character who cannot fire a gun, have your Persona wield it in their stead. If you're a Shadow, incorporate the gun into your True Self somehow. Now the problem with using these ways to fire the gun is that what if you need to shoot it during the day when you can't transform or summon your Persona?

That'd be a weakness for your character unless you can think of a creative way to still fire the gun. Considering we've seen technology in the Persona universe to help mere animals summon Personas; creating a vest or jacket for something that can't hold a gun but can still fire it is completely possible.

Deshitana:

It is possible but honestly depends on the DM of the current plot and if it'd even fit in. For Endymion, I wouldn't take it considering the environment and story of the city. Considering the city is running of a psuedo Theocracy with a brainwashing Government; they would not allow shrines to worship these other Gods. This doesn't mean you couldn't try to make one through Roleplay means; it just means you'd be oppressed severely.

All three questions would simply fall under if the DM would allow it or not, honestly. Considering it is a plot mechanic and some environments would have no place for it while others may be perfect for it.
Back to top Go down
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Okay. Then, I'll send you a pm regarding this to see if something else fits

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfie977

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:34 pm

Okay, I was just wondering cause the FC I'll be using uses a bow sometimes so I would of done that instead of a gun, but no worries.

The Fox's Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:45 pm

What sort of app would a summoner go under? They don't have persona instead they use demons or spirits as power? Can I even make such a character?

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Well the Demon Summoners are usually used for the SMT side of the site. For the Persona side we kept them separate, so that's not an available character class. However, doesn't mean in the future it won't become one for the main plots. For now, no one can make a character like that. Closest to that class would be a Forgotten bound to a Demon instead of a Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Alright. Thanks.

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BreakFree!

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Questions I asked concerning Endymon that got answered

Q)If we put say...2 strengths torwards a social quality,Basically each strength=a level in a social quality?

A)Yes

Q)If we put strengths into a social quality...And then later remove them,would it degrade the Social quality level?

A)No,Those strengths cannot be removed.

Q)Phile,Can we have a weakness where a character has a required Social Quality level for someone(a Player character) to Social Link them?

A)Yes

Remaining Questions

Q)For things such as say.... Courage and Charisma for example. When talking to people Beneath me in terms of strength persay. If I had high courage. Would I intimidate others?Would it also be a potential option to scare away Lower strengths encounters with a High courage stat?

Q)When it comes to forgotten. Will there be any noticable gameplay impact if we select between a Demon or a Shadow?

Nozomi Kichida's Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:57 am

Question 1: Yes, if wanted, you could intimidate other NPCs and even some weaker demons.

Question 2: No, mostly only your character's story and background. Gameplay mechanics are the same.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Question about Social Quantities.

Q) Maybe I don't understand how they work but I was just wondering how they will impact RPing your character. I feel like attaching a quantity to aspects of a characters personality is a bit limiting, so I'm just wondering how they will work for things like character interactions. Like say in a SL thread I want to do something "Courageous" but I have a low Courage score, will I be penalized for this? Or would I be barred form certain quests and events for having a low stat?

And in RP if I (going back to a previous example) preform a courageous action in a thread, would that raise my courage stat afterwords?

Thank you.

The Information of Love and Fate!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:11 pm

If you do something courageous, it would raise your courage social quality.

Think of it this way. During the day, out of the dungeons, your social qualities will grow from your experiences with others. If you show bravery, that will grow. Same for any other quality. These traits grow naturally with your character through your journey.

At night, these social qualities will sometimes effect dungeons and how easy or difficult they could be. Your bravery could help you deal with a supernatural effect of the dungeon. Just like if your understanding was up, you could have an easier time picking a lock on a locked door than someone else with a lower understanding.

These social qualities are involved in interactions with NPCs aswell, to certain degrees. Such as the Queen's bodyguard would only show interest in someone who's "Badass" in their level of Courage. This does not bar you from interacting or speaking with anyone. However, creating a bond with them won't be as easy as having that quality rank.
Back to top Go down
Shii-Nya

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Related, but if a character has a strength that lets them raise a particular social quality faster, would that be purely RP and related to their personality, as simply another way to state how the RPer would play that character, or would it actually net them more points than, say, a character who did the same thing without a strength in it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Today at 10:44 am

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next