Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:18 am

Gran, mind If I ask you something regarding Angel Blessings in General? When you remake your persona, does things like Uses and EXP reset? I get that I keep the ranks I already have, but things like uses and EXP for a certain rank up should reset, because it's "technically" a new persona... but I just wanted to be sure

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:05 am

EXP doesn't change.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:15 am

Question I PMed to Phile

Me: So was wondering. To what extent is it possible to dodge offensive skills without using any skills? Like trying to dodge a bufu by jumping to the side. That kind of stuff.

Phile: Depends on how you roleplay it out and how fast you are in regards to your luck stat to theirs. If their luck stat is very high over yours, then that means their Persona is very fast in regards to you, making it hard to dodge. There are no set numbers to this, so it's loose. But still, it honestly depends on the roleplayers and the situation.

Link To Tensions
Maria's Compendium

Maria's Current Level And Rank:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juvo

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:19 am

So I'm sorta confused as to what these whole 'plot' and 'side-plot' things are. Are they entirely unrelated stories? Are they sequels to previous 'plots?' Are they connected somehow? If so, could characters carry over to the next one, or, if not, would they be forever lost in the void that is the internet?
Also, are you allowed to recreate a character that was already approved, with a different personality or whatever, if you have literally done nothing with them at all, not even start a social link?
I have received various responses for some of these questions, so I thought I should ask here.

Am I really the only one here who can't Persona?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shii-Nya

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:04 am

To settle this for good. The Side Plot currently starting, Where You're Needed, is completely unrelated to any other ongoing plot. This doesn't mean, though, that all Side Plots have to be unrelated, they can often be sequel events (like the current Ueitawa one, or the upcoming Azores Part 2), and in these, you are allowed to continue using chars from the past stories of those worlds. In an event like the one that is starting, though, past characters are not accepted, unless they are reworked to fit the setting and reset to 0, which means them having no knowledge of those other worlds or having any experiences aside from what their history describes. They'd basically be a new character with the same base personality as the one in a main plot. A few exceptions to this rule can be made on very special occasions, but general rule of thumb is, new setting, new characters, unless the DM specifically states you can transfer over. Those are my own personal views of what I see happening on the site, and I know for sure that Philemon's next main plot will not accept past characters either. Thank you for the question, don't hesitate to ask more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juvo

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:22 am

Do Persona-users have to summon their Persona with tarot cards, or an Evoker of some sort? Cause I don't recall them doing so in the earlier games. And not everyone in the newer games needed to either.

Am I really the only one here who can't Persona?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:34 am

Yes, they need an evoker to summon their Persona here on New Arcana. It can be almost anything as an evoker. In the next main plot, we are going with the standard of needing to break mental shackles to summon their Persona.

Once you unlock your Ultimate Persona, you no longer need to use an evoker and can summon your Persona with just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newarcana.forumotion.com
Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:40 pm

So for the main plot new applications, if we're an ASSW, can we take a gun as a primary weapon and a side arm as well? If so can one deal pierce while one deals gun damage or do they both have to deal gun damage? Also can they be two different styles? And finally if they have two guns, they would share bullet count or would they each have their own bullet count?

Also it says under Alternate Appearance: "Appearance you take when summoning your Persona. If you work with the government, you can ignore this" Can we choose to have this even if we work for the government?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Your soulbound comes from your soul, and does not use actual bullets like the side arm. That being said, no one starts with a gun unless it's the side arm. If you use a Nihil Soul and craft a gun, it'd follow either Slash, Pierce, or Strike. The Side Arm is the only weapon that gets the Gun damage type and follows those Shot Gun, Revolver, or Machine Gun traits.

And no, if you work for the Government your Persona/ Other Self/ Etc will not cover your face under any circumstances. That is something only for the Terrorists side.
Back to top Go down
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:22 pm

Uhhh... I'm getting a constant "You are disconnected" message from the chat. Am I supposed to do something before I can use the chat, or is it an error?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Click the "Log In" button and it should work.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athena

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Here goes questions about Endymion plot:

1. Since we can use our personas during nighttime does that mean that we can also use skills on NPCs? And if yes are they affected by mental aliments? Would it be possible to create a gang of charmed minions?

2. Is the academy a university, a high school or both? What's the average age for each grade?

3. How much authority do cadets have and can they operate outside the restrictions of the law if the situation calls for it?

4. This is a bit of a meaningless question but I'm going to ask to make sure I don't mess up the character history. Endymion's setting in on Earth meaning that real countries exist, right?

Azores Plot:

Endymion Plot:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Charm only lasts a certain amount of time, but yes if you continue to influence them. However, special NPCs may reject this charm and become hostile.

The Academy is a facility created to find those in the world who'd be a good addition to the government. It is more like a college accepting all ages and less a high school. So there is no real age limit really, as long as you're looking to claim a good position with the government and your status in the city, you'd go there.

Cadets are a force called in when anything supernatural is involved. The police handle regular criminals and the cadets handle everything else. They are ranked over the police but they answer to the Queen, her Guard, the District Heads, and Julius, who is the leader of the Cadets.

Yes, Endymion is on Earth and real countries exist.
Back to top Go down
Shii-Nya

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Easy and straight to the point: Can the Magus Arcana be picked for player characters or is it like the Judgment Arcana?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philemon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:24 pm

It can be picked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Today at 10:45 am

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next