Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AttendantLisa

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:04 am

can I make a social link with the NPCs in the velvet room?

Stats:

Other Characters:
Kazuya Fujiwara (Persona-User)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:48 am

About enhancing items using ores... how do they affect something like a soulbound weapon? Do they just increase the damage it deals if it does not have any special properties? Say I fuse a petty ore with Mae's Naginata, does that increase it's damage output by 5% or do i actually need to use a Nihil Soul to craft a secondary soulbound with an additional property in order for it to work? Because the system is very neat! I like it, and I wanna use it quite frequently, so learning everything about it now would be of much help. Thanks! ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:34 am

It increases damage when you get enough ore to upgrade it. It also upgrades other things depending on the properties like increasing an item's heal rate when you infuse ore onto it, etc.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:09 am

I just took a gander through the rank up requirements for Persona users, and it got me thinking... When it says "defeating your fifth Dungeon Master", can anyone be a DM for a non-plot related dungeon run, or is it always Gran that holds those spots? Just curious is all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 am

It's usually the current DM. Cause they have to generate the stats for the enemy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:03 am

Just making sure I got the Damage Calculation right. Say I use Thunder Reign with a Pmstr of 94. My passives are as follows: Elec Boost and Elec Amp, and I have Mind Charged the previous turn. Thunder Reign is T4, so my base damage would be 94+94+47=235, right? I just wanna be sure on how to apply the boosts after this (Elec Boost, Elec Amp and Being Mind Charged). Do I calculate the Elec Boost and Elec Amp separately from the Mind Charge, or are they all calculated simoultaneously? Because I ran some calculations, and ended up dealing over a 1000 damage. And to me, that seems a little high. Am I doing this wrong?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:06 am

It seems high cause it's a Tier 4 skill with two boosts and Mind Charged, which is already a very strong setup. The order is the tier bonus, then any passive skills, then Mind Charge.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 am

So I think some of us have an issue about how music is used on the site. I'm talking about the players that just play the music on the page right away. That could get a bit annoying. Is there a way to have that off the moment we get on the page and then turn it on ourselves if possible?

Link To Tensions
Maria's Compendium

Maria's Current Level And Rank:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joyd

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:37 am

That is something up to the one putting the music in the post. There is a way to alter the code to not make it autoplay, and only play on command. Either that, or one can put the player in a spoiler, so it is a choice whether one wants to open it and listen.

However, the issue is, that whatever the solution, it has to be the one posting that takes the measures. You can perhaps ask people beforehand to do such in your threads. Otherwise, you have to live it. Unless we'd make a rule that people shouldn't put in the code as it is and make it play the moment you open a thread. I don't think it would happen, since it sounds like a silly rule.

Phoenix : TBA : TBA : TBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I will make it obvious so that way anyone who doesnt like the autoplay can turn it off:

The following is the full code for the music with the autoplay turned on:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="25" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXUsERtj_rg?version=2&autoplay=1&hd=1&theme=red&loop=1"><param name="movie" value=""http://www.youtube.com/v/NXUsERtj_rg?version=2&autoplay=1&hd=1&theme=red&loop=1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>

See the bolded/underlined/colored piece of code labeled 1&hd? That is the piece that controls when it autoplays. To make it stop and have to be clicked on to play, simply change the 1 to a 2. That will change it when posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 am

Nyar do you think I'm pretty?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:50 am

Very
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shii-Nya

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:50 am

Due to such an adamant request for any question to be put here, I have to ask:

Should I eat cake or pudding tomorrow for dessert?

"Because you can't grow on your own... I can't be all by myself."

~Rita's bonds - Karna - Shiina's bonds - Jinguu-Tennou~
Stats:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:51 am

Can I call you Mama Nyar? And even Mama Phil?

Link To Tensions
Maria's Compendium

Maria's Current Level And Rank:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:52 am

Pudding and heck no.

Nyarlathotep, can I ask a question? Will you bannish anyone with further silly questions in the Q & A?

YES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Today at 10:43 am

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next