Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Finish your threads, then since Term agreed to let you skip an awakening to just get your Persona after three threads, then you can go into Limbo.

Aya's Stats ~ Level 3 - Rank 4:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilestar

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:13 pm

In the process of creating a character but I have some questions about it that seem unanswered. Mainly because Rogues seem fairly new compared when a lot of rules were written up. Namely stuff like:

- Do Rogues start with a Persona already?
- If so, what does that really mean for them? If not, do they 'awaken' in a similar but otherwise user-destructive way?

Mainly just questions about Rogues in general, given there's a total of.. four right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joyd

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Alrighty ~

First question. No. No characters start out with their Persona/Powers awakened. Only in special occasions when the admin/plot leader and such chooses to. You might have gotten confused by the fact that two of the Rogues were awakened just like that. It was done because they were the first of the class after it came out. It's not a casual thing.

As for their awakening, it can go in several ways. Since they are a class that is dependant on the pills to keep them from being killed by the hands of their own Persona, it usually involves that in some way. Perhaps getting the pills from someone, and then taking them when they meet a Shadow to help them control their new Persona, and such. But, really you can talk this out with the current plot master (Gran-chan) once it's your time to awaken( or sooner if you want), as he does the awakenings, and is the one who made the Rogue class as well. He may be able to give you a broader selection of possible awakening ways.

Hope it helps ^^

Phoenix : TBA : TBA : TBA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:58 pm

So I was working on my character and came up with an idea for a pair of twins where one uses a Persona and the other physically attacks with a weapon. They'd be counted as one being since they work together, but my question is, is this allowed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joyd

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, it is an interesting idea, but I can't see it working well. Twins and all, they'd still be two people by base, in normal perspective. It's...strange. It'd be strange to have one without the other, mainly having a weapon without a Persona, since it kind of comes with it.

It probably wouldn't see much use either. Since in normal PvS battles, you can only use one type of attack, either weapon, or Persona. And in PvP it'd be somewhat OP if you have two people moving around. It would also raise the question as to how stats would work. If they're together as one, they couldn't have their own stats each. However, with two targets, it's weird to have only one stat sheet as well.

If this could work, it would probably involve a lot of detailing and working around with, even if they were to always be around each other, which is also somewhat strange.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
the reluctant one

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 am

Hello I'm new here but have 2 boards I made. one for a friend , and one for myself I would like to know if I would be able to get both forums affiliated with this board?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 am

There is an advertisement section here:

http://newarcana.forumotion.com/f46-advertisement-section

As for actual affiliation, I am not sure if it is completed yet, but i'll put the word in for you that you are interested. For now, feel free to make use of the advertisement section.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
the reluctant one

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:59 am

oh ok. ill also get started on a character as soon as my others get done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Once the graphic is made you'll be all set to affiliate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWestie27

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 am

I apologize if something about this has been answered already or mentioned in the rules, but I couldn't find anything about it so. Are we able to have multiple characters, and if so can we role play with them both at the same time, and if we can, can they be in the same thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joyd

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:16 am

Yes you can have multiple, but you have to have a separate account for each of them. That way, they don't get mixed up. You can use them at the same time, but in the same thread is not encouraged. That way you could set yourself up. If you really need to, due to circumistances then it might pass, but normally, you should not RP with yourself. Besides, in such a case, two characters that are played by the same person cannot form social links with each other, because it would just give you an easy pass in things that require them. That, and while you could have a normal thread like this, when it comes to battle threads, using more than one of your characters in the same one is forbidden. There are plenty other characters to get involved with that are played by different people, and it's more beneficial to you in the long run.

In case you just want someone who is seen with your character a lot, you can make them a personal NPC on your social link page. That way, you can have them in the thread whenever you want, in the same post as your normal character. The downside is, that a NPC like this is not capable of establishing social links, nor going into fights and getting involved. They're there just as a means of development, or depth for the character. Such as their sibling, or a pet.

If you have an additional question, feel free to ask ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingWestie27

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Oh, okay, thanks for the information! Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 am

I Have a Couple of questions regarding Human Skills:
1. I know we can buy custom T2 Human Skills... Can We Use Skill-up cards on those?
2. Is there a sure-fire way for me to determine the tier of a Human Skill?
3. I know that giving your Dex Attack a second attack is T2... If I use a Skill-up card on that, will it grant me a 3rd hit or will it just up the damage of my second attack?
4. How many human skills can I have at max? Is there even a cap on it?
5. When I make a damaging HS which only makes sense in PvS... Do I Make A second One Specific to PvP?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but Human Skills intrigue me, and I wanna know more.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:43 pm

1. Yes
2. Usually it comes down to what feels right. It isn't too hard to guess but that is why there are people to help you and grade them.
3. It could if that was your goal. It all depends on what you want to do.
4. No there isn't a limit on how many you can have per Persona.
5. When making a Human Skill you can either make it for PvS, or PvP but it's perfectly possible to make a skill that works for both. You don't make a separate skill for it. You use effects that make sense. For example I could make a Tier 1 HS that gave me the ability to jump farther for three turns and its PvS effect could be that it boosts agility by 15% for three turns.

No problem. If you have questions be sure to ask.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks Gran! ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Today at 10:48 am

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next